Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,740 members, 7,817,042 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:33 AM

Rochas Declares 2-Weeks Christmas Holiday In Imo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rochas Declares 2-Weeks Christmas Holiday In Imo (15773 Views)

Caption This Photo Of Rochas Okorocha Dancing Shakitibobo As Tekno Sings / Governor Rochas Okorocha Dancing Shoki At APC Rally In Owerri / Rochas Declares For Presidency. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rochas Declares 2-Weeks Christmas Holiday In Imo by Gondyke: 12:59am On Dec 21, 2012
The governor of imo state,owelle Anayo Okorocha yesterday at owerri Imo state capital,gave civil servants in Imo state two weeks public holiday for their xmas break.According to the statement,the holiday will state today and end on the 7th Jan 2013.He also gave them bags of rice and some monetary gift to take home for their enjoyment.some of the workers were seen singing and jubiliating

Opposition parties in Imo State have flayed Governor Owelle Rochas Okorocha’s declaration of two weeks Christmas holiday for civil servants in the state, saying that the governor cannot simply shut down entire state in the name of Christmas celebration notminding the revenue loss to the state.
Reacting to the declaration of two weeks holiday for the civil servants, the State Chairman of the All Nigeria National Party (ANPP), Dr. Vitalis Orikaeze Ajumbe, said it was an indication that the government had no plans and vision for the state. “This is to show that this government has no vision.
There is nowhere in the world where the government declares two weeks Christmas holiday for civil servants which meant that the state would be practically shutdown which also means huge revenue loss to the state, adding that the government did not also consider those coming from abroad that might require the services of the civil servants, so it simply shows that both the government and the civil servants are idle.”
The state publicity secretary of thepeoples Democratic Party (PDP) Chief Byleden Amajirionwu described the holiday as reckless and irresponsible, adding that the government was obviously naive of the economic implications of its action. “The governor appears to be naive on the economic implications of such notorious holiday, this action goes further to explain our stand that this administration that this Administration is ruthlessly disorganized and deceitful”.
Similarly, the acting National President of the Civil Liberties Organization, Comrade Uche Durueke, a legal practitioner described it as non sense wondering how the government could ever conceive of such an idea, noting that it would have a far reaching effect on the people and economy. “As far as I am concerned it is nonsense becauseas a lawyer, I cannot go to the court now because of the holidays.”
http://sunnewsonline.com/new/politics/2-weeks-holiday-opposition-slams-okorocha/
Re: Rochas Declares 2-Weeks Christmas Holiday In Imo by Nobody: 6:49am On Dec 21, 2012
Jubillating because of monetary change and bags of rice undecided

Now it is obvious that poverty has really eaten into the fabrics of the Nigerian soul.
Re: Rochas Declares 2-Weeks Christmas Holiday In Imo by coalcoal1(m): 6:51am On Dec 21, 2012
Interesting. The state goes to sleep for 2 weeks.

What's my position?
Re: Rochas Declares 2-Weeks Christmas Holiday In Imo by Nobody: 6:31pm On Dec 21, 2012
Unproductive

1 Like

Re: Rochas Declares 2-Weeks Christmas Holiday In Imo by iseeyou(f): 6:32pm On Dec 21, 2012
Flexing Time. Carry go...
Re: Rochas Declares 2-Weeks Christmas Holiday In Imo by mjay(m): 6:34pm On Dec 21, 2012
hmmmmmmm Let the guy be joor. The gov must rest after a hectic season.
Re: Rochas Declares 2-Weeks Christmas Holiday In Imo by dridowu: 6:35pm On Dec 21, 2012
I just hope ds man wont run down Imo State

1 Like

Re: Rochas Declares 2-Weeks Christmas Holiday In Imo by juman(m): 6:35pm On Dec 21, 2012
dridowu: I just hope ds man wont run down Imo State

An unfortunate governor. Hiss
Re: Rochas Declares 2-Weeks Christmas Holiday In Imo by Nobody: 6:36pm On Dec 21, 2012
Enjoyment man.

Too much traffic gridlock in owerri
Re: Rochas Declares 2-Weeks Christmas Holiday In Imo by ITbomb(m): 6:36pm On Dec 21, 2012
So if na Cross River wey dey go one month holiday, them for riot

1 Like

Re: Rochas Declares 2-Weeks Christmas Holiday In Imo by manny4life(m): 6:37pm On Dec 21, 2012
VERY BAD DECISION.

This man must apply wisdom in what he does. This isn't good at all, two weeks is just too much, even someone who went on mini vacation don't take two weeks... Anyway, if Imolite love it, so do I.
Re: Rochas Declares 2-Weeks Christmas Holiday In Imo by lafuria1(m): 6:38pm On Dec 21, 2012
2 weeks not bad, i just hope the holiday doesnt affect doctors and nurses. 2weeks holiday wont hurt the state. on paper it sounds unacceptable but reality is the state wont be affected. how much revenue will imo state lose in the 2weeks that pdp is shouting? schs are on break, water supply will continue, electricity will still be provided and people will have to pay their bills after the holidays. nothing spoil.

7 Likes

Re: Rochas Declares 2-Weeks Christmas Holiday In Imo by Gabrielsylar(m): 6:40pm On Dec 21, 2012
Lazy country and waste of labour hours
Re: Rochas Declares 2-Weeks Christmas Holiday In Imo by adora4u1: 6:40pm On Dec 21, 2012
No need for 2 weeks. 25th December - 1st January would have been sufficient.

1 Like

Re: Rochas Declares 2-Weeks Christmas Holiday In Imo by dickhardener: 6:41pm On Dec 21, 2012
Santa claus government. Na WA o. Struggling to appeal. Fix the damn system and not this lousy generosity

1 Like

Re: Rochas Declares 2-Weeks Christmas Holiday In Imo by doctokwus: 6:42pm On Dec 21, 2012
By every action of his,I increasingly get disappointd dat dis man does not understand d diff btw governance& pettiness

5 Likes

Re: Rochas Declares 2-Weeks Christmas Holiday In Imo by Femsyn(m): 6:42pm On Dec 21, 2012
Greek gifts towards presidency actualization. wrong move, senseless and very unproductive

1 Like

Re: Rochas Declares 2-Weeks Christmas Holiday In Imo by Smartjeezy(m): 6:42pm On Dec 21, 2012
I read that God rest after six days of miraculous work...let the workers too rest for them to enjoy yelutide season with loves one.

4 Likes

Re: Rochas Declares 2-Weeks Christmas Holiday In Imo by brownlord: 6:43pm On Dec 21, 2012
I think its necessary for INEC to check the mental state of all candidate before picking nomination form

3 Likes

Re: Rochas Declares 2-Weeks Christmas Holiday In Imo by safarigirl(f): 6:44pm On Dec 21, 2012
As long as their salary still dey, no wahala.

Me thinks it's good cos kids want to spend time with their parents and one or two days is almost like robbing em of that time, besides I believe the New Year falls under this time line.

Times like this, some wish they worked in Imo, this man dey spoil Imo people no be small.

2 Likes

Re: Rochas Declares 2-Weeks Christmas Holiday In Imo by nass07(m): 6:44pm On Dec 21, 2012
This is absolutely insane! How can a whole governor be so myopic to the point of underestimating the economic implication of such a declaration in a state!
Re: Rochas Declares 2-Weeks Christmas Holiday In Imo by Johnson6: 6:46pm On Dec 21, 2012
dis guy is mad.2 wks 4 wat?brainless man

1 Like

Re: Rochas Declares 2-Weeks Christmas Holiday In Imo by Hailedin9ja: 6:48pm On Dec 21, 2012
Santa claus government. Na WA o. Struggling to appeal. Fix the damn system and not this lousy generosity

grin

Re: Rochas Declares 2-Weeks Christmas Holiday In Imo by PHIPEX(m): 6:49pm On Dec 21, 2012
What sort of welfarist economy is this man running in Imo state? So everybody that has something important to do with the govt of the state must be forced to sleep for 2 weeks. He better wake up before I lose the respect I have for him.
Re: Rochas Declares 2-Weeks Christmas Holiday In Imo by Nobody: 6:50pm On Dec 21, 2012
Ada Nri1: Unproductive

If Rochas is unproductive and made all his wealth, abeg i wan become unproductive.

lazy people actually spend years doing what a sharp mind does in one month. it is not about how long but how well.

have you ever heard that

i hated working for people because i use 4hours to do office work(daily deliverables) yet am required to sit in office from 8am to 6pm. thats a lazy man's calendar....

16 Likes

Re: Rochas Declares 2-Weeks Christmas Holiday In Imo by seedord247(m): 6:50pm On Dec 21, 2012
So kidnappers will more time to execute thier plan. cheesy
Re: Rochas Declares 2-Weeks Christmas Holiday In Imo by SisiKill1: 6:51pm On Dec 21, 2012
Paid vacation?!!

If it isn't...why are they rejoicing?!
Re: Rochas Declares 2-Weeks Christmas Holiday In Imo by Gabrielsylar(m): 6:52pm On Dec 21, 2012
THE best part of the gist is "tomorrow nairaland front page "ROCHAS DENIES RUMORS OF TWO WEEKS HOLIDAY DECLARATION"

2 Likes

Re: Rochas Declares 2-Weeks Christmas Holiday In Imo by Siga: 6:56pm On Dec 21, 2012
Rochas....2wks? Ha ba....this is ridiculous....zero productivity for 2wks....hmmmm

1 Like

Re: Rochas Declares 2-Weeks Christmas Holiday In Imo by vislabraye(m): 6:57pm On Dec 21, 2012
They should thank God that PHCN is not controlled by the state. If your credit finishes you go wait for 2wks.
That's one of the reasons state police won't work.
Re: Rochas Declares 2-Weeks Christmas Holiday In Imo by Turbocharged: 6:57pm On Dec 21, 2012
manny4life: VERY BAD DECISION.

This man must apply wisdom in what he does. This isn't good at all, two weeks is just too much, even someone who went on mini vacation don't take two weeks... Anyway, if Imolite love it, so do I.

SEE CONFUSION!!

Abeg go see who u suppose see.
Re: Rochas Declares 2-Weeks Christmas Holiday In Imo by dorggito1(m): 6:59pm On Dec 21, 2012
John_son: dis guy is mad.2 wks 4 wat?brainless man
There is nothin like madness in it.its just a goodwill decision moreover hw much wud be lost for just 2 wks when public and civil service has been on from jan. to this time abeg nothin spoil joor.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Fuel Scarcity: TOTAL Oil Is Holding Nigerians To Ransom / Buhari A Corrupt Liar: His Daughters School Fee At Surrey University Is £16,000 / Radio Presenter Daring Akpabio With The Truth.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.