Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,836 members, 7,820,917 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:52 AM

Of What Use Is Prayer? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Of What Use Is Prayer? (1528 Views)

Is Prayer A Waste Of Time? / Of What Use Was Noah's Flood If It Couldn't Stop Wickedness? / Of What Use Is The Judgement Day? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Of What Use Is Prayer? by advocate666: 10:36am On Dec 21, 2012
Whether you are a believer or not, you would agree with me that prayer achieves no tangible purpose. For non believers, this is obvious but for those that believe, it is very worrying when they come to this realisation.

You see, Jizz-Us said that his father in heaven already knows what you want and if what you want is in accordance with his will, it will be done. He said that even plants and animals that don't ask for anything receive loads, talkless of his children. Infact he asked everybody to stop praying and just hide in a corner and ask his father for daily bread and the rest will be added.

Bearing this in mind, I wonder why the religious still pray in contradiction to the teachings of Jizz-Us and in the face of its proven inutility.
Re: Of What Use Is Prayer? by advocate666: 11:41am On Dec 24, 2012
Re: Of What Use Is Prayer? by turnstoner(m): 1:20pm On Dec 24, 2012
advocate666: Whether you are a believer or not, you would agree with me that prayer achieves no tangible purpose. For non believers, this is obvious but for those that believe, it is very worrying when they come to this realisation.

You see, Jizz-Us said that his father in heaven already knows what you want and if what you want is in accordance with his will, it will be done. He said that even plants and animals that don't ask for anything receive loads, talkless of his children. Infact he asked everybody to stop praying and just hide in a corner and ask his father for daily bread and the rest will be added.

Bearing this in mind, I wonder why the religious still pray in contradiction to the teachings of Jizz-Us and in the face of its proven inutility.

At best it helps you to focus on what you want to do. Otherwise its a distraction. Makes you lazy and prevents you from working hard and preparing diligently for what you want to do.
Re: Of What Use Is Prayer? by mumumugu(m): 1:28pm On Dec 24, 2012
Smh
Re: Of What Use Is Prayer? by Delafruita(m): 3:00pm On Dec 24, 2012
turnstoner:

At best it helps you to focus on what you want to do. Otherwise its a distraction. Makes you lazy and prevents you from working hard and preparing diligently for what you want to do.
exactly.prayer makes people believe in such ridiculous things like "blessings of the gentiles will become mine".
Re: Of What Use Is Prayer? by AtheistD(m): 9:01pm On Dec 24, 2012
This is true. It is better to look for practical solutions to problems and pray that you dont decieve yourself with pointless praying.

Imagine someone on aids antiretrovirals abandoning the treatment for the miracle of prayer? We all know how it ended up sad
Re: Of What Use Is Prayer? by Ayomivic(m): 2:19pm On Dec 25, 2012
advocate666: Whether you are a believer or not, you would agree with me that prayer achieves no tangible purpose. For non believers, this is obvious but for those that believe, it is very worrying when they come to this realisation.

Since the time have been praying.God has never let me down. I have many testimonies. I am telling you, God is very close to us more than anything. You did not believe in God how will you know if prayer is effective or not. Don't go beyond your boundary.

By the way,if prayer is of no use, why are you afraid to pronounce the name of Jesus? Spell his name very well if you are not afraid of him.

1 Like

Re: Of What Use Is Prayer? by martinseme: 2:51pm On Dec 25, 2012
Prayer is seriously burning evil agents like you and destroying your wicked projections that's why you hate it. Thank Jesus christ for giving us the power through which to fight back against satan. Above all its great to hear real satanist wailing about the efficacy of prayer. Glory be to God.

1 Like

Re: Of What Use Is Prayer? by Nobody: 3:05pm On Dec 25, 2012
martinseme: Prayer is seriously burning evil agents like you and destroying your wicked projections that's why you hate it. Thank Jesus christ for giving us the power through which to fight back against satan. Above all its great to hear real satanist wailing about the efficacy of prayer. Glory be to God.

You sure are spreading the love Christianity is so desperately known for, especially since its Christmas.
Jesus would be proud of you my friend, you make him look really good.

1 Like

Re: Of What Use Is Prayer? by Yooguyz: 4:01pm On Dec 25, 2012

prayer works and you know it! You just dont want to accept it! If you want proof refer to my thread--the unbelieving beliver
Re: Of What Use Is Prayer? by advocate666: 4:05pm On Dec 25, 2012
It seems that prayer actually has effects: it makes things worse.

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/03/31/health/31pray.html?pagewanted=all&_moc.semityn.www&_r=0
Re: Of What Use Is Prayer? by Nobody: 10:59am On Dec 26, 2012
advocate666: It seems that prayer actually has effects: it makes things worse.

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/03/31/health/31pray.html?pagewanted=all&_moc.semityn.www&_r=0

Lol! funny article.
Re: Of What Use Is Prayer? by advocate666: 9:26pm On Feb 02, 2013
Why pray to god if god already knows what you want and know the right thing to do? Your prayer is thus a useless activity in telling god what to do because he does what he wants.
Re: Of What Use Is Prayer? by Neddivine: 1:33pm On Feb 03, 2013
1 thess.5:17- pray without ceasing.God inspired this.Because u & ur demons know that the prayer of genuine christians is the greatest destroyer of the kingdoms of darkness.You easily gave urselves out to the discerning in this thread.U can't even properly pronounce the name of Jesus because fire will consume u all at once.

1 Like

Re: Of What Use Is Prayer? by advocate666: 1:39pm On Feb 03, 2013
Neddivine: 1 thess.5:17- pray without ceasing.God inspired this.Because u & ur demons know that the prayer of genuine christians is the greatest destroyer of the kingdoms of darkness.You easily gave urselves out to the discerning in this thread.U can't even properly pronounce the name of Jesus because fire will consume u all at once.

WHy are you avoiding the point of the question? Somebody (or something) told you to ask him for something and he will do it. But he already knows what you want and knows that doing it is the right thing to do and knows that he will do it anyway no matter what. Why ask him then?
Re: Of What Use Is Prayer? by enilove(m): 10:30pm On Feb 03, 2013
Neddivine: 1 thess.5:17- pray without ceasing.God inspired this.Because u & ur demons know that the prayer of genuine christians is the greatest destroyer of the kingdoms of darkness.You easily gave urselves out to the discerning in this thread.U can't even properly pronounce the name of Jesus because fire will consume u all at once.

God bless you. he is a principality.His working for the devil his father.he wants to discourage people from praying to give the demons access into people's lives and take them to hell .
Re: Of What Use Is Prayer? by enilove(m): 10:34pm On Feb 03, 2013

God bless you. he is a principality.His working for the devil his father.he wants to discourage people from praying to give the demons access into people's lives and take them to hell .
There are secret satanic agents ,but this one has not hidden his identity.
Re: Of What Use Is Prayer? by Nobody: 11:20pm On Feb 03, 2013
enilove:

There are secret satanic agents ,but this one has not hidden his identity.

Paranoia is one of the symptoms of religiosis- a mental condition;

https://www.nairaland.com/1183785/7-reasons-why-religion-mental
Re: Of What Use Is Prayer? by akagaba(f): 1:29pm On Feb 04, 2013
Advocate 666, d day u pronounce& spell Jesus properly, its d day il kno u exist. 4nw, as i earlier told u, u ar just a toothles powrles insect survivin by d left ova frm xtians. I want 2applaud u 4 comin out openly 2tel us hw prayer has so tormented, tortured and paralysed u and ur co evil principalities. By ths, u ve just encouraged me 2be even mor prayerful and alert. And in d name of Jesus Christ, i declare and decree, that every work of evil manipulated by u, ur co agents and ur kingdom of darknes has bin cmpletely crippled, satanic agents ar destroyed and paralysed by the powr of d Holy spirit, u shall not hav free course ova any of ur evil plan. In d name of Jesus christ, ur satanic plans, deeds and thots ar abortive and cancelled by d power of d Holy Spirit, u and ur co agents ar loosers and failures 4eva 4d bible says" no weapon formed against us shal prosper" every of ur weapon turns bak against u in the name of Jesus. The satanists, demons, and d enemies ar scattered& ovapowered in d air, sea, land, trees, homes etc, wherever these evil ones hav planted their destruction, and whoever they've singled out 4destruction, in the name of Jesus, we send fire like thunder to destroy them all, ther is confusion and controversy in their meetings, they ar scatter and shattered, over turned and destroyed by d powr of d holy spirit. No membr of nairaland shal fall prey 4 thes evil ones in Jesus name, Amen.

1 Like

Re: Of What Use Is Prayer? by akagaba(f): 1:39pm On Feb 04, 2013
And i also decree and declare that d hearts of Logicboy and his likes ar captured 4 Christ 2day. I command that devil 2take his hands off them, becus thes ar d precious souls dat Jesus died 4. I set them loose frm ths bondage and wickednes, i command their hearts and eyes 2 open up and see Christ nw. Evry obstacle that has blindfolded them in ths wicked is crushed in d name of Jesus. Thes ones shall preach d gospel, win souls and evangelise 4 d kingdom of God by d powr of Holy spirit. Rite nw, their heads and minds have been tuned in d rite direction, and they begin 2experience d Glory of God like neva be4, in Jesus Name, Amen.

1 Like

Re: Of What Use Is Prayer? by Nobody: 1:42pm On Feb 04, 2013
akagaba: And i also decree and declare that d hearts of Logicboy and his likes ar captured 4 Christ 2day. I command that devil 2take his hands off them, becus thes ar d precious souls dat Jesus died 4. I set them loose frm ths bondage and wickednes, i command their hearts and eyes 2 open up and see Christ nw. Evry obstacle that has blindfolded them in ths wicked is crushed in d name of Jesus. Thes ones shall preach d gospel, win souls and evangelise 4 d kingdom of God by d powr of Holy spirit. Rite nw, their heads and minds have been tuned in d rite direction, and they begin 2experience d Glory of God like neva be4, in Jesus Name, Amen.

Yawn......keep praying to the God that white men forced on your ancestors. Mtchew

1 Like

Re: Of What Use Is Prayer? by justaqad(m): 3:27pm On Feb 04, 2013
akagaba: Advocate 666, d day u pronounce& spell Jesus properly, its d day il kno u exist. 4nw, as i earlier told u, u ar just a toothles powrles insect survivin by d left ova frm xtians. I want 2applaud u 4 comin out openly 2tel us hw prayer has so tormented, tortured and paralysed u and ur co evil principalities. By ths, u ve just encouraged me 2be even mor prayerful and alert. And in d name of Jesus Christ, i declare and decree, that every work of evil manipulated by u, ur co agents and ur kingdom of darknes has bin cmpletely crippled, satanic agents ar destroyed and paralysed by the powr of d Holy spirit, u shall not hav free course ova any of ur evil plan. In d name of Jesus christ, ur satanic plans, deeds and thots ar abortive and cancelled by d power of d Holy Spirit, u and ur co agents ar loosers and failures 4eva 4d bible says" no weapon formed against us shal prosper" every of ur weapon turns bak against u in the name of Jesus. The satanists, demons, and d enemies ar scattered& ovapowered in d air, sea, land, trees, homes etc, wherever these evil ones hav planted their destruction, and whoever they've singled out 4destruction, in the name of Jesus, we send fire like thunder to destroy them all, ther is confusion and controversy in their meetings, they ar scatter and shattered, over turned and destroyed by d powr of d holy spirit. No membr of nairaland shal fall prey 4 thes evil ones in Jesus name, Amen.

are you really serious? lol. JESUS CHRIST.
stop ranting.
Re: Of What Use Is Prayer? by justaqad(m): 3:28pm On Feb 04, 2013
akagaba: And i also decree and declare that d hearts of Logicboy and his likes ar captured 4 Christ 2day. I command that devil 2take his hands off them, becus thes ar d precious souls dat Jesus died 4. I set them loose frm ths bondage and wickednes, i command their hearts and eyes 2 open up and see Christ nw. Evry obstacle that has blindfolded them in ths wicked is crushed in d name of Jesus. Thes ones shall preach d gospel, win souls and evangelise 4 d kingdom of God by d powr of Holy spirit. Rite nw, their heads and minds have been tuned in d rite direction, and they begin 2experience d Glory of God like neva be4, in Jesus Name, Amen.

are you really serious? JESUS CHRIST
stop ranting.

(1) (Reply)

South African Pastor Gives Congregation Petrol To Drink!! / Divine Remembrance / Christ Embassy Holds Loveworld Festival Of Music And Arts, Johannesburg(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.