Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,591 members, 7,809,144 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:10 AM

HIV Prevalence In Nigeria By States! - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / HIV Prevalence In Nigeria By States! (38231 Views)

HIV Prevalence Ranking: Rivers State Most Rampant, Ekiti The Safest / Obi’s Wife Decries HIV/AIDS Prevalence In Anambra / Doctors Worry About HIV/AIDS Prevalence In Abia State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: HIV Prevalence In Nigeria By States! by BetaThings: 8:08am On Dec 22, 2012
BinghiNya: hiv prevalent in christian states oh jesus
This is uncalled for. Don't gloat over this. We don't want to turn this into a Christian/Muslim contest
There are a lot of factors that are responsible for the high prevalence in some places
More poeple will be tested in Lagos than in some places where awareness is lower or where pregnant women don't compulsively go to the hospital. HIV testing is compulsory for pregnant women
Re: HIV Prevalence In Nigeria By States! by kaeto(m): 8:13am On Dec 22, 2012
pekelepekele: IBO PEOPLE WITH SO SO HIV MTCHEEEWWWW! cheesy . I thought Edo , Lagos and Calabar will top the table and WOW am surprised that OYO the largest city in the whole of Africa is very close to the bottom on the table. Applause for that and this table shows that Ibo people are just common dogs cheesy
and if asked now we will discover you have graduated from a yoruber state university with a first class, what a shame, you can't even differentiate a graphical representation from one that shows the percentage of the population of each state. For someone like me, you have only disgraced and embarassed yourself to the lowest depth attainable.
Re: HIV Prevalence In Nigeria By States! by Nobody: 8:15am On Dec 22, 2012
Callotti: You nor 'ear say world wanno h-end? If diarris any RAPTURING. . . I wanno see h-it! cool
My h-eyes are not 'closing' till January 1st 2013! kiss

Callotti!!! grin
Re: HIV Prevalence In Nigeria By States! by ignis: 8:15am On Dec 22, 2012
Cross river state is sopposed to be the number 1.
Re: HIV Prevalence In Nigeria By States! by blazingtrain: 8:23am On Dec 22, 2012
Hmmm. And these estimates are just from d very few who they have records of. My People, be wise.
Re: HIV Prevalence In Nigeria By States! by BetaThings: 8:29am On Dec 22, 2012
Burger01:
FYI, some northerners are tested in the southern and western states and you know what? 90% of those tested became reactive (+ve) and as such are counted in such state. Now, just imagine the number of northerners in the south...
Incorrect. Don't bring tribalism into this matter
There is NO WAY that 90% of the Northerners tested in the South will be +ve and the South will have less than 50%
There must be some interaction between northerners and Southerners when they live in the same area

But the fact is this
Women appear to be more promiscouos in the South while
Men appear to be more promiscuous in the North

How. When you take statistics of discordant couple (married people with ONLY ONE partner being +ve)
there are more women in the South who are +ve with -ve husband
The opposite applies in the North.
Re: HIV Prevalence In Nigeria By States! by DaVinChiSam(m): 8:29am On Dec 22, 2012
Abeg I deY pack go Kebbi make I go start my bleeping campaign for there
Re: HIV Prevalence In Nigeria By States! by Godjone(m): 8:30am On Dec 22, 2012
teeo:

Tuface koo blackface nii.

Benue, that husband would use wife to entertain guests. No bad feelings but when a lady tells me she is from Benue, i think twice.
u r a big fool! Why not go to benue and witness it urself instead of believing in what ppl say? Idiat!
Re: HIV Prevalence In Nigeria By States! by BetaThings: 8:31am On Dec 22, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

After the pastor has bleeped all his female congregation finish, Na the same holy holy women go raise their legs to shout hallelujah the same Sunday.
There is no way that pastors can bring all of that about even if your assumption is true
Those may get tested more because facilities and awareness are higher
They also have more high risk categories - fa..ots and members of the armed forces
Re: HIV Prevalence In Nigeria By States! by BetaThings: 8:32am On Dec 22, 2012
DaVinChiSam: Abeg I deY pack go Kebbi make I go start my bleeping campaign for there
if we catch you!!! grin
Re: HIV Prevalence In Nigeria By States! by Godjone(m): 8:33am On Dec 22, 2012
abdulkayus:

dat was den in d days, bt its lyk it no more happen. Dey hav discard dat tradition. Bt sincerely speakin, benue ppl are very promiscious. Dem dey Zap steady and HIV is high there. If u go there, u will c many grave yard of ppl dat die of AIDS, dat is y Corpers are always warn wen dey are posted to serve in Benue. Benue gals sabi open legs EASILY and are good in bed. Bt there are still decent ones sha
may be during ur stay there, they av bin opening leg 4 u. Mumu idiota
Re: HIV Prevalence In Nigeria By States! by taharqa: 8:34am On Dec 22, 2012
DaVinChiSam: Abeg I deY pack go Kebbi make I go start my bleeping campaign for there
lol...na shoot dem go shoot u badz guy
Re: HIV Prevalence In Nigeria By States! by Goldieluks: 8:39am On Dec 22, 2012
Am not too surprised about the Benue state statistics. I've once heard that married men gives their wives as a form of "kola" to their strangers and visitors. They said it is their way of entertaining visitors. Hmmmm...?
Re: HIV Prevalence In Nigeria By States! by Nobody: 8:41am On Dec 22, 2012
This Los Angeles Laboratory designed vector has done its deed of instilling fear into the world and draining cash from Africa to the USA. Its time to turn it off.
Re: HIV Prevalence In Nigeria By States! by kourhage: 8:42am On Dec 22, 2012
I am not supised by the state with the highest percentage. The cultural practise of some of them contributed to it as well more so the nick name that is ascribed to it SIN CITY. Make una learn to use condom
Re: HIV Prevalence In Nigeria By States! by Nobody: 8:43am On Dec 22, 2012
Billyonaire: This Los Angeles Laboratory designed vector has done its deed of instilling fear into the world and draining cash from Africa to the USA. Its time to turn it off.

Yea it's time. Padlock your deeeek and swallow the key.
Re: HIV Prevalence In Nigeria By States! by DonaldGenes(m): 8:46am On Dec 22, 2012
ikachi1:

God go solder your mouth and yash!
Lmao
Re: HIV Prevalence In Nigeria By States! by jude33084(m): 8:49am On Dec 22, 2012
dabossman: Hhm, my darling Benue is back at number one. Benue chicks..., hhm, it is well. [b]Edo's rating has improved in the last 5ys[b]. They used to be in the top three. Kudos to NACA in that state.

Edo was high then because UBTH was a regional test centre. People from Delta, Edo, Ondo aŋԂ even parts of Kogi do their testing there. Gombe and Adamawa should be rated high. I once lived in those area. Tangali girls are leg open ready to receive anything lipsrsealed
Re: HIV Prevalence In Nigeria By States! by ACM10: 8:49am On Dec 22, 2012
almost got pin prick yesterday transfusing a HIV patient
Re: HIV Prevalence In Nigeria By States! by adewaleafolabi(m): 8:49am On Dec 22, 2012
ola_pluto: I find this stat amazing. Does this say anything about promiscuity in some states?
Its not all about promiscuity per say, its also shows the level of information available about HIV and methods of prevention
Re: HIV Prevalence In Nigeria By States! by Nobody: 8:59am On Dec 22, 2012
Godjone: u r a big fool! Why not go to benue and witness it urself instead of believing in what ppl say? Idiat!

so i wld get HIV there ba, no i think i wld take a pass. Lasgidi babes never do me finish, na village things u want make i go manage. Ode
Re: HIV Prevalence In Nigeria By States! by Albedo27(m): 9:00am On Dec 22, 2012
kagari: Nawa oo, I think say delta esp kwale go b d first
lolz, u r right, Delta especially Patani area where promiscuity is their daily bread.
Re: HIV Prevalence In Nigeria By States! by Blueboy0402: 9:04am On Dec 22, 2012
I remembered when I did my NYSC years ago in Apir, a suburb of Makurdi Benue state. As a corper I didnt like the school I was posted and wanted to redeploy but the wife of the principal made me change my mind. This was our conversation:
Wife: corper why you wan leave us nau?
Corper: I'm sorry ma I can't serve in this village.
Wife: anything wey you want we go give you.
Corper: but I can't spend a whole year in this (Apir) place!
Wife: we get fine fine girls for here corper. If your body hot, the girls go bring am come down and... I know say you go enjoy this place.
Corper: (trying to interprete her coded language, "if your body hot, the girls go bring am come down and..."wink ok ma I go stay!

I ended up serving there and indeed it was fun. If given a second chance I'll go back to Apir in Makurdi for my NYSC.
Re: HIV Prevalence In Nigeria By States! by ogb5(m): 9:20am On Dec 22, 2012
The data displayed means very little statistically speaking.
When displaying statistical data, the sample population needs to be stated. This is not the case here.

Are we talking percentage of the entire population of each state living with HIV or is it % of infant born with HIV in each state.
The data could also well mean % HIV status of pregnant women in each state, or HIV status of all patients admitted to govt hospitals in each state.
Re: HIV Prevalence In Nigeria By States! by Burger01(m): 9:22am On Dec 22, 2012
BetaThings:
Incorrect. Don't bring tribalism into this matter
There is NO WAY that 90% of the Northerners tested in the South will be +ve and the South will have less than 50%
There must be some interaction between northerners and Southerners when they live in the same area

But the fact is this
Women appear to be more promiscouos in the South while
Men appear to be more promiscuous in the North

How. When you take statistics of discordant couple (married people with ONLY ONE partner being +ve)
there are more women in the South who are +ve with -ve husband
The opposite applies in the North.

Firstly, I am not tribalistic.
Secondly, I meant 90% of northerners (from the cohort of southerners) tested became reactive. The figure is just a subset of the whole of southerners..
Re: HIV Prevalence In Nigeria By States! by Demdem(m): 9:29am On Dec 22, 2012
Blueboy0402: I remembered when I did my NYSC years ago in Apir, a suburb of Makurdi Benue state. As a corper I didnt like the school I was posted and wanted to redeploy but the wife of the principal made me change my mind. This was our conversation:
Wife: corper why you wan leave us nau?
Corper: I'm sorry ma I can't serve in this village.
Wife: anything wey you want we go give you.
Corper: but I can't spend a whole year in this (Apir) place!
Wife: we get fine fine girls for here corper. If your body hot, the girls go bring am come down and... I know say you go enjoy this place.
Corper: (trying to interprete her coded language, "if your body hot, the girls go bring am come down and..."wink ok ma I go stay!

I ended up serving there and indeed it was fun. If given a second chance I'll go back to Apir in Makurdi for my NYSC.

When last did u go for HIV testing? I think u need it even now than ever.
Re: HIV Prevalence In Nigeria By States! by Nobody: 9:30am On Dec 22, 2012
Ikengawo: I want to know what is making it so high in Benue state?
Tuface?
Strange!!! I lived and worked in Benue for about nine years and I did not, for once, come across any HIV victim...wonder where this statistics is derived from.
Re: HIV Prevalence In Nigeria By States! by basher(m): 9:32am On Dec 22, 2012
ola_pluto: I find this stat amazing. Does this say anything about promiscuity in some states?

No it doesn't. Unless you are assuming that all infections are due to sex alone?

Are you telling us that Nigeria has the best practice and controls for - blood transfusions, injections, transfusion procedures, barbers & hair dressers etc? Stop this silly propaganda unless you can prove what percentage of infections come from sexual activities!

I'm not even going to go into the validity of the data, especially in a country like Nigeria where everything is political.

1 Like

Re: HIV Prevalence In Nigeria By States! by unongu(m): 10:09am On Dec 22, 2012
teeo:

Tuface koo blackface nii.

Benue, that husband would use wife to entertain guests. No bad feelings but when a lady tells me she is from Benue, i think twice.

I don't know what state of mind and which side of your mouth you used to make that conspiracy assertion on Benue. When people sit and conjour theories and your likes thrive on it so much as to quote it in a reputable public site like nairaland, I weep for the mentality trait of your likes. Wake up and face reality rather than living on cock and bull stories that are concocted out of envy and jealousy.
Re: HIV Prevalence In Nigeria By States! by dabossman(m): 10:11am On Dec 22, 2012
Zip_up:
Strange!!! I lived and worked in Benue for about nine years and I did not, for once, come across any HIV victim...wonder where this statistic is derived from.

Hhm, oga! Since when did HIV status become something that people tattoo on their foreheads? Or do you meet people and they say "hi, my name is Dorshima and I'm HIV positive?"

Abeg, no allow me make I vex dis early morrin o!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Orile-Agege Hospital Injects Patient With Formalin During Surgery, Crippling Her / COVID-19: Osagie Ehanire Says FG's Mission To Kogi Failed / Man Dies In Lagos Beach While On Valentine’s Day Love Feast With His Friends

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.