Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,265 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:37 AM

HIV Prevalence In Nigeria By States! - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / HIV Prevalence In Nigeria By States! (38233 Views)

HIV Prevalence Ranking: Rivers State Most Rampant, Ekiti The Safest / Obi’s Wife Decries HIV/AIDS Prevalence In Anambra / Doctors Worry About HIV/AIDS Prevalence In Abia State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: HIV Prevalence In Nigeria By States! by onuwaje(m): 6:43am On Dec 22, 2012
batiatus: i no gree for delta state... the delta state i know should be number 1. warri? maybe others are just worse off.
Mumu

1 Like

Re: HIV Prevalence In Nigeria By States! by Demdem(m): 6:44am On Dec 22, 2012
geeez: Does the prevalence rate tell us something about the sexual culture of some regions/tribes?

Ok, here we go again. cry
Re: HIV Prevalence In Nigeria By States! by Nobody: 6:51am On Dec 22, 2012
I guess the perks of being well-traveled is HIV/AIDs
Re: HIV Prevalence In Nigeria By States! by ehispapa(m): 6:51am On Dec 22, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

After the pastor has bleeped all his female congregation finish, Na the same holy holy women go raise their legs to shout hallelujah the same Sunday.

this report does not give a fair view. in my stay in core north most HIV victim don't go to the hospital, they would treat them self with herbs until the situation is beyond redemption. them mallam don't believe in western treatment.

4 Likes

Re: HIV Prevalence In Nigeria By States! by ehispapa(m): 6:54am On Dec 22, 2012
onuwaje:
Mumu
real mumu. do Nigerians fhuck more than Americans? it has nothing to do with fuhcking but our actitude towards sex
Re: HIV Prevalence In Nigeria By States! by DrKlever(m): 7:02am On Dec 22, 2012
kagari: Nawa oo, I think say delta esp kwale go b d first
bia! Ela na kwui? U bera park well oh, nd dnt let everyone here knw u av dat lighted weed in ur mouth.

1 Like

Re: HIV Prevalence In Nigeria By States! by penzino(m): 7:03am On Dec 22, 2012
Ileke-IdI:
Abia should be close to number 1.

Remember ppl, HIV no dey show for dickology.
taraba nkor?
Re: HIV Prevalence In Nigeria By States! by Xyzee: 7:05am On Dec 22, 2012
And a girl would tell you that she doesn't enjoy condoms. She wants it RAW.
Re: HIV Prevalence In Nigeria By States! by MacLovington(m): 7:08am On Dec 22, 2012
The stats might be skewed in some cases by many factors though they may be roughly accurate.

(1) Access to health care: do Southerners and Northerners use medical facility to the same extent? Is an average 27-year old Kebbi man going to do HIV-test like a person in Abia? Does a Kebbi woman have same freedom to go and secretly do an HIV test like a Benue or Rivers woman can?

(2) Do pregnant women in Kebbi register with a maternanity home/hospital as much as an Akwa woman (so that they get routine HIV test)?

(3) Are HIV-testing facilities equally available nationwide?

(4) Do the same demographic groups do HIV tests nationwide? We know HIV is more prevalent in uder 45s, even more prevalent in under 30s, so do same people do tests nationwide?

Nigeria is a dynamic place, people move about a lot, students, lorry drivers, businessmen etc, so HIV can spread anywhere. Nobody is a winner because your state currently has low HIV rate.

I think more HIV cases are undetected in Naija than are known. That's the real problem. GET TESTED.

3 Likes

Re: HIV Prevalence In Nigeria By States! by enigmagu1(m): 7:12am On Dec 22, 2012
na lie abeg...lagos n abuja na them b number one and two..#gush#
Re: HIV Prevalence In Nigeria By States! by pekelepekele(m): 7:19am On Dec 22, 2012
IBO PEOPLE WITH SO SO HIV MTCHEEEWWWW! cheesy . I thought Edo , Lagos and Calabar will top the table and WOW am surprised that OYO the largest city in the whole of Africa is very close to the bottom on the table. Applause for that and this table shows that Ibo people are just common dogs cheesy

1 Like

Re: HIV Prevalence In Nigeria By States! by Nobody: 7:25am On Dec 22, 2012
batiatus: i no gree for delta state... the delta state i know should be number 1. warri? maybe others are just worse off.
Hope we all know that high prevalence rate in a place means low awareness to prevention and not necessarily that d volume of sex is higher dere. So,mayb Deltans know their nuts about d barrier contraceptives.
Re: HIV Prevalence In Nigeria By States! by christ4mi(f): 7:25am On Dec 22, 2012
Why are christian dominated states are at the top, while Northern muslim states at the bottom? SMFH
Re: HIV Prevalence In Nigeria By States! by Nobody: 7:32am On Dec 22, 2012
akwa ibom ayanya
Re: HIV Prevalence In Nigeria By States! by TeenageMoney(m): 7:35am On Dec 22, 2012
Lagos should be on the 1st 5
Re: HIV Prevalence In Nigeria By States! by Revolva(m): 7:36am On Dec 22, 2012
:obenue again I know its all the tivs folks that have most hiv not my idomas ....

1 Like

Re: HIV Prevalence In Nigeria By States! by Nobody: 7:36am On Dec 22, 2012
geeez: Does the prevalence rate tell us something about the sexual culture of some regions/tribes?

u dont always have anything to offer. u are too tribalistic n dats shallow of u.
To ansa ur ques, it shows dat ur tribesppl watever it is dont have access to voluntary counselling and testing and dose dat do dont get tested
Re: HIV Prevalence In Nigeria By States! by dimworld(m): 7:40am On Dec 22, 2012
Guess thhe the result of the concluded NARHS plus survey' that's good to .. The statistic was gotten from d concluded national aids and reproductive health survey that was done in the 36 states of Nigeria' thumbs up FOH
Re: HIV Prevalence In Nigeria By States! by cybermind: 7:43am On Dec 22, 2012
Na wa o Benue and Akwa Ibom.

And they have the most beautiful girls.

Chei
Re: HIV Prevalence In Nigeria By States! by godstino(m): 7:46am On Dec 22, 2012
i cudnt view the list,bt can sum1 tell the stats of Edo? I be dey plan to get jst 2 girls dis december bt e be like say i go postpone am to next five years wen d stats don cum down.
Re: HIV Prevalence In Nigeria By States! by Burger01(m): 7:47am On Dec 22, 2012
It's only on Nairaland I always see tribalism in every area of live. Tribalism in education, crime, entertainment, religion, etal. Na wa o. Even for HIV na tribalism..

I believe the data gotten are from HIV/TB testing points and service delivery centres across the nation. It doesn't mean that a Mr A who got tested in Benue and was reactive is actually from Benue. But wait, when will all the noise and perceptions about HIV get to an understanding level in Naija? It seems naija is still shadowed with minimal knowledge and understanding of HIV. Just imagine a deputy governor expelling a reactive mother of two kids away from relieve camp all because of her HIV status. What we need is serious counselling and program outreach to every part of th nation, not just to pump up figures and data for the purpose of getting foreign grants and GON budget allocation to fight HIV. LACA, SACA and NACA over to you. Grants from PEPFAR is gradually diminishing because naija has not been truthful with the grant especially with infiltration of highly placed govt peeps in the health sector.

On a final note, STOP STIGMATZING...

2 Likes

Re: HIV Prevalence In Nigeria By States! by pimplucious: 7:49am On Dec 22, 2012
teeo:

Tuface koo blackface nii.

Benue, that husband would use wife to entertain guests. No bad feelings but when a lady tells me she is from Benue, i think twice.

livialives:

shocked shocked

Chei, see as Livialives arrange! If ur husband na benue, na everyday I go dey visit o grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: HIV Prevalence In Nigeria By States! by emmatok(m): 7:52am On Dec 22, 2012
clue: Nlanders! The statistics isn't for indigenes of the states but its residents. So pls quit the state of origin and tribal angle. By the way, what gave us the idea that its only ladies that spread the virus? What about men and the other methods of spread? SMH

How many non-indigenes do you find in Benue State.
The statistic is shows how level of sexual education in Nigeria.
I observed that HIV is not that prevalence amount SEX workers.
Re: HIV Prevalence In Nigeria By States! by Burger01(m): 7:53am On Dec 22, 2012
christ4mi: Why are christian dominated states are at the top, while Northern muslim states at the bottom? SMFH
FYI, some northerners are tested in the southern and western states and you know what? 90% of those tested became reactive (+ve) and as such are counted in such state. Now, just imagine the number of northerners in the south...
Re: HIV Prevalence In Nigeria By States! by ceejayluv(m): 7:54am On Dec 22, 2012
pekelepekele: IBO PEOPLE WITH SO SO HIV MTCHEEEWWWW! cheesy . I thought Edo , Lagos and Calabar will top the table and WOW am surprised that OYO the largest city in the whole of Africa is very close to the bottom on the table. Applause for that and this table shows that Ibo people are just common dogs cheesy

Oyo is a city, right? Well you're a bush man, I ain't surprised....

1 Like

Re: HIV Prevalence In Nigeria By States! by kaeto(m): 8:01am On Dec 22, 2012
eyen nyin: Thought Lagos with the huge population should be the first, second, Abuja, third rivers state with all the oil money. The statistics is skewed and bias.
Please, check beneath that graph, the stats is only represented in ''PERCENTAGE'' of the total population of each state. Lagos will have, by number per head, more HIV patients than Abia, bayelsa and enugu put together. What is hard here to understand?
Re: HIV Prevalence In Nigeria By States! by pimplucious: 8:03am On Dec 22, 2012
[b][/b]
ehispapa:
real mumu. do Nigerians fhuck more than Americans? it has nothing to do with fuhcking but our actitude towards sex

Ha!!! shocked shocked see this guy! only one LGA for cross rivers finish the whole America grin grin
Re: HIV Prevalence In Nigeria By States! by coldgate(f): 8:07am On Dec 22, 2012
Yoruba no get aids.
Re: HIV Prevalence In Nigeria By States! by freecocoa(f): 8:07am On Dec 22, 2012
Callotti: You nor 'ear say world wanno h-end? If diarris any RAPTURING. . . I wanno see h-it! cool
My h-eyes are not 'closing' till January 1st 2013! kiss
Rotflmao grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

900 Doctors Resign From University College Hospital, Ibadan & Lagos Hospital / Orile-Agege Hospital Injects Patient With Formalin During Surgery, Crippling Her / COVID-19: Osagie Ehanire Says FG's Mission To Kogi Failed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.