Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,656 members, 7,820,289 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:35 PM

Pastor Adeboye's Family Christmas Card Picture - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Adeboye's Family Christmas Card Picture (22998 Views)

Pastor Adeboye: A Prophet Or An Imposter - Sahara Reporters / Pastor Adeboye Buys Gulfstream Jet, Starts Luxury Airline (Photo) / 2014 Prophecies By Pastor Adeboye (RCCG) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Adeboye's Family Christmas Card Picture by Turbocharged: 9:14pm On Dec 22, 2012
martyns303: Right! In another news pastor GO Daddy Adeboye just purchased a new jet for the exclusive use of mummy GO.

Observers are always worried!
Re: Pastor Adeboye's Family Christmas Card Picture by matrix789: 9:17pm On Dec 22, 2012
Daddy and Mummy G.O
you are blessing to Me and my Family,Nigeria and indeed the whole World.
Baba God will defend thee sir as we cross over to another Year with Signs and wonders.
IJN

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye's Family Christmas Card Picture by bongila(f): 10:43pm On Dec 22, 2012
musKeeto:
So what's your point?

Point is; stop hating. They are reaping the fruits of serving a living God who doesn't cheat/rob.
Re: Pastor Adeboye's Family Christmas Card Picture by Nobody: 10:49pm On Dec 22, 2012
bongila:

Point is; stop hating. They are reaping the fruits of serving a living God who doesn't cheat/rob.
Good. Read my reply and 'assignment' to ayobase. Maybe you could help me cure my 'envy' cheesy
Re: Pastor Adeboye's Family Christmas Card Picture by ayobase(m): 11:47pm On Dec 22, 2012
musKeeto:
no wahala.. Good afternoon..

Hope I didnt take too long buddy....had a trip today...just arrived minutes back!

To answer your question: The tithe in that passage is not the same as the tithe paid to the levites. This is a kind of tithe used by the person who gave it, and while the other is given to the levites and used by them.

The Levites, out of the 12 tribes were called to serve in the tabernacle, and their survival and effectiveness was from tithe given by the other 11 tribes.

Read Matthew 23:23...Jesus was in support.

The second tithe was meant for settling expenses at gatherings. That one paid the second tithe didnt mean that one wouldnt pay the first tithe (for the Levites)

Muskeeto, you brought out this point from the Bible, to counter Pastors looting tithes for self-aggrandizement....lets assume that they are wrong, but does it mean that one shouldnt pay tithe any longer......believing in this passage means that you believe in the Bible, but......

Reading down that chapter, u will see that four set of people are beneficiaries of tithing;
-Levites (ministers)
-Strangers
-Fatherless and orphans
-Widows

Think about it Muskeeto, lets forget about a Pastor buying jets and what have you, do you think they are not doing those mentioned above (helping the needies)

I would have loved to go on and on, but maybe ur reply will catalyse!

Hope you are good!
Re: Pastor Adeboye's Family Christmas Card Picture by ayobase(m): 11:53pm On Dec 22, 2012
Muskeeto, you have to know that some of these men of God have sowed, and now they are reaping.

They are not lazy set of people.....Imagine Pastor Oyedepo going for a 20hrs talk in a company for N20M....he gave the first salary he was given by his church yrs back to the church. Do you know how many times he has sown the fruits of cars into people's lives....he gave to the church the N250M cheque Dominion print gave him, and many more we do not know about. And you expect God not to bless such a man in return.....NA POVERTY DEY MAKE SOME OF US TO ALWAYS DEY CASTIGATE THESE MEN SOMETIMES:::::::LETS THINK BIG BIKO!

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye's Family Christmas Card Picture by ayobase(m): 12:24am On Dec 23, 2012
saxywale:
You still haven't answered his question though, he asked about his investment and you are talking about cars, seeds(spiritual), mj, and sultan. He means real investment that could make someone stupendously rich, you know, the Adenuga type of rich.

Just seeing this, I think I partly did justice to that w.r.t Oyedepo's!

And besides, its not the daily sweat that matters, but the DAILY BREAD. Some has no millions in account, but doing something extra-ordinary....I know of someone like that!

The spiritual controls the physical......pls, who knows what Im talking about here?
Re: Pastor Adeboye's Family Christmas Card Picture by ayobase(m): 12:28am On Dec 23, 2012
anonimi:

Actually all these dogo turenci and you could not say where Adeboye's home town is
If you know, please say otherwise zip it closed (and I don't mean your trousers or dress)

I can see that you are perfect sample of someone thinking outside the box....there was a question, and I replied....why offended?....for why?......one can hug transformer and still live though, so I wouldnt say you should hug transformer!
Re: Pastor Adeboye's Family Christmas Card Picture by ayobase(m): 12:30am On Dec 23, 2012
musKeeto: @maninmood: nice writeup.. Maybe just maybe.. But my life is very far from void now.. If you can't see the hypocrisy in religion esp Nigerian style, you're on a long thing..

@ayobase: sun wey dey blow me for ph make me forget say na morning.. Sorry o..

Me don replIES o....sleep no wan gree come again. PH?...na una dey enjoy wella o!
Re: Pastor Adeboye's Family Christmas Card Picture by ayobase(m): 12:31am On Dec 23, 2012
fkaz:

Mr man, You can giv the evidence, when you list some of their investment. I mean your so-called pastors investment.

I have talked about this....go up and find out!
Re: Pastor Adeboye's Family Christmas Card Picture by ayobase(m): 12:45am On Dec 23, 2012
musKeeto:
You're paying to God not man, right? Prove it.

In whatever thing you do in life, do it like you are doing it unto God...Im a living witness. If possible help people without they knowing where the help came from.......you will realise that you will be doing your work with ease coupled with favour when you consider God to be the owner of the job. Do you think what most of what these companies pay us worth it.

If you are cleaner, do it like you are cleaning for God.

You just need to love God before you can do anything without murmuring!

As a man thinketh in his heart, so he is. Do your work/thing like you are doing unto God, and you see him rewarding in ways you can NEVER imagine.

The truth is that I have been paying my tithe, and I have never been put to shame.

It reminds me of a man, he decided to pay God 90%, while he takes the 10%. Do you think we are gonna be sharing the same testimonIES. NEVER!

Muskeeto, walahi, there is more to God u need to discover. He has all the riches. All we just need do is tapping into it, and how do we tap into it?
Re: Pastor Adeboye's Family Christmas Card Picture by Nobody: 3:33am On Dec 23, 2012
ayobase:
Hope I didnt take too long buddy....had a trip today...just arrived minutes back!
No wahala at all. Welcome back.

ayobase:
To answer your question: The tithe in that passage is not the same as the tithe paid to the levites. This is a kind of tithe used by the person who gave it, and while the other is given to the levites and used by them.
Hmm.. so could you show me the Biblical verses that support tithes as is practiced today? 10 percent to be remitted every month?

NB: Remember my earlier statement: I hope you're not a Christian who supports church doctrines more than the BIBLE. You said you pay to 'GOD'. You believe in the BIBLE as God's WORD, don't you?

ayobase:
The Levites, out of the 12 tribes were called to serve in the tabernacle, and their survival and effectiveness was from tithe given by the other 11 tribes.
Read Matthew 23:23...Jesus was in support.
Matt. 23:23 - "Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You give a tenth of your spices—mint, dill and cumin. But you have neglected the more important matters of the law—justice, mercy and faithfulness. You should have practiced the latter, without neglecting the former."

Funny guy. HOW does this verse support tithing? Are you giving mean to Jesus' words in this verse? This is a very poor argument in my opinion.

ayobase:
The second tithe was meant for settling expenses at gatherings. That one paid the second tithe didnt mean that one wouldnt pay the first tithe (for the Levites)
You're paying to GOD not man, please support with Biblical verses. wink

ayobase:
Muskeeto, you brought out this point from the Bible, to counter Pastors looting tithes for self-aggrandizement....lets assume that they are wrong, but does it mean that one shouldnt pay tithe any longer......believing in this passage means that you believe in the Bible, but......
I'm not a Believer in the Bible neither do I believe in any religion, talk less of GOD. But you have respect for the BIBLE. It's what guards you, what controls most of your decisions, I believe.

You pay to GOD. It doesn't matter what these MEN say. What matters is what the BIBLE says. If these men are wrong, shouldn't you then focus on the weightier matters like Jesus emphasized in the verse you tried to use so crudely?

ayobase:
Reading down that chapter, u will see that four set of people are beneficiaries of tithing;
-Levites (ministers)
-Strangers
-Fatherless and orphans
-Widows

Remember that the Levites in the Bible had no businesses or jobs whatsoever. This disqualifies today's ministers/pastorpreneurs as LEVITES.

ayobase:
Think about it Muskeeto, lets forget about a Pastor buying jets and what have you, do you think they are not doing those mentioned above (helping the needies)
I would have loved to go on and on, but maybe ur reply will catalyse!
I respect your honesty and sincerity. But I'd let you know that even drug dealers help their 'communities' in order to get some sympathy.
I've on another thread established an estimate of how much money churches today generate from tithes. I normally wouldn't be bothered, but we both know(and if you don't know, i think you're just living in denial) that 3/4 of church goers today just follow the crowd: they barely have an understanding of what they do.

Let's say the men are right. Does paying your tithes to them also free you from all manner of responsibility towards how the money is spent? So if you're sponsoring a pastor who's a thief, na God go judge am, no be your business? How does this make sense? Is this also from the Bible?

ayobase:
Hope you are good!
I am.

smiley

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye's Family Christmas Card Picture by Nobody: 3:36am On Dec 23, 2012
ayobase:

In whatever thing you do in life, do it like you are doing it unto God...Im a living witness. If possible help people without they knowing where the help came from.......you will realise that you will be doing your work with ease coupled with favour when you consider God to be the owner of the job. Do you think what most of what these companies pay us worth it.

If you are cleaner, do it like you are cleaning for God.

You just need to love God before you can do anything without murmuring!

As a man thinketh in his heart, so he is. Do your work/thing like you are doing unto God, and you see him rewarding in ways you can NEVER imagine.

The truth is that I have been paying my tithe, and I have never been put to shame.

It reminds me of a man, he decided to pay God 90%, while he takes the 10%. Do you think we are gonna be sharing the same testimonIES. NEVER!

Muskeeto, walahi, there is more to God u need to discover. He has all the riches. All we just need do is tapping into it, and how do we tap into it?

Can you answer these questions honestly?
Is GOD a money doubler?
What does GOD need your 10% for?

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye's Family Christmas Card Picture by Nobody: 3:42am On Dec 23, 2012
From a Xtian friend on this forum
chukwudi44: @Ogoamaka

Tithing today has been confimed to be a scam,because the pastors don't always quote The book of deut 14:22-29 where the biblical tithe was explicitly explained.They always run to malachi wh was merely quoting the mosaic law without really giving details.

In the book of deut it was explicitly proven that

1.Tithing was one of the now abolished mosaic law
2. Tithing never involved money
3.Annual tithing was to be eaten by the tither and his family
4.Levithical tithing was done once every three years
5.Tithing was never done on weekly ,daily or monthly basis
6Beneficiaries of tihes include just levites,widows,orhans and strangers.

What is practiced today in churches has no biblical basis
Re: Pastor Adeboye's Family Christmas Card Picture by SisiKill1: 4:08am On Dec 23, 2012
matrix789: Daddy and Mummy G.O
you are blessing to Me and my Family,Nigeria and indeed the whole World.
Baba God will defend thee sir as we cross over to another Year with Signs and wonders.
IJN

Ehhhmu.....oga sir, hate to break it to ya but that the little world you exist where your daddy is everybody's savior is not real. It's imaginary sweetie....all in your head. In the real world people hear Adeboye and go. ....who?

I know, I know it's unbelievable and it must hurt but I think you are old enough to handle the truth. You'll thank me some day. smiley

4 Likes

Re: Pastor Adeboye's Family Christmas Card Picture by troy20(m): 7:45am On Dec 23, 2012
wow! look at dem xmas family pics.arnt they cute? gettn d best outa secular life eh?...celebrities jst like d kardashians.wel celebrities pay 4 dia public image u know, they also hav 2 bear public scrutiny....yea i know...i know nw dis ones r diffrent.they drink with zeus in mount olympus n play golf with posiedon.they r half men half gods.guys i think lets lay off dese pastors.they r men of gods aftarall.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye's Family Christmas Card Picture by rhymz(m): 8:40am On Dec 23, 2012
klax:

Sorry bros when it comes to stealing church money, Tithe swallowing, Offering spending please kindly count this man(Adeboye) out of among those ones plsss. I'm not a Reddem Memeber or in defence of this man but I can still single him out far different from the rest M"r G.O Church looters".
My friend you are deluded if you think any differently about this Pastor. All of them na Scammers and pretenders, don't let his calm demeanour decieve you into believing that he is not just as vane as the likes of Oledepo, Orishishi and so on. . They will associate with anyone and twist any truth to remain in their position and power. I wont be surprised if those cards are actually going to be sold to his mentally tamed congregations. . . Lame religious zealots.

3 Likes

Re: Pastor Adeboye's Family Christmas Card Picture by rhymz(m): 8:47am On Dec 23, 2012
pitoski:

hw did pastor adeboye oppress you? No amount of money or private jets that you will give Pastor Adeboye that will ever be equal to the Blessings he gave to Nigerians from God. pastor Adeboye is a well respected and humble Man of God. He prays for the country and not oppress it.
guy you smoke gum? Blessings to which Nigerians for where? Abi na im dey feed me ni? U don dey craze abi?

3 Likes

Re: Pastor Adeboye's Family Christmas Card Picture by vandarsar(m): 5:55pm On Dec 23, 2012
Na MUST make u dey looku looku for am on every thread ?
ayobase:

Dey use your sense sometimes...na must you comment on every thread?
Re: Pastor Adeboye's Family Christmas Card Picture by ayobase(m): 12:26pm On Dec 24, 2012
vandarsar: Na MUST make u dey looku looku for am on every thread ?

Come again pls....you aint audible enough!
Re: Pastor Adeboye's Family Christmas Card Picture by ayobase(m): 12:48pm On Dec 24, 2012
musKeeto:
No wahala at all. Welcome back.

Hmm.. so could you show me the Biblical verses that support tithes as is practiced today? 10 percent to be remitted every month?

NB: Remember my earlier statement: I hope you're not a Christian who supports church doctrines more than the BIBLE. You said you pay to 'GOD'. You believe in the BIBLE as God's WORD, don't you?

Matt. 23:23 - "Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You give a tenth of your spices—mint, dill and cumin. But you have neglected the more important matters of the law—justice, mercy and faithfulness. You should have practiced the latter, without neglecting the former."

Funny guy. HOW does this verse support tithing? Are you giving mean to Jesus' words in this verse? This is a very poor argument in my opinion.

You're paying to GOD not man, please support with Biblical verses. wink

I'm not a Believer in the Bible neither do I believe in any religion, talk less of GOD. But you have respect for the BIBLE. It's what guards you, what controls most of your decisions, I believe.

You pay to GOD. It doesn't matter what these MEN say. What matters is what the BIBLE says. If these men are wrong, shouldn't you then focus on the weightier matters like Jesus emphasized in the verse you tried to use so crudely?

Remember that the Levites in the Bible had no businesses or jobs whatsoever. This disqualifies today's ministers/pastorpreneurs as LEVITES.

I respect your honesty and sincerity. But I'd let you know that even drug dealers help their 'communities' in order to get some sympathy.
I've on another thread established an estimate of how much money churches today generate from tithes. I normally wouldn't be bothered, but we both know(and if you don't know, i think you're just living in denial) that 3/4 of church goers today just follow the crowd: they barely have an understanding of what they do.

Let's say the men are right. Does paying your tithes to them also free you from all manner of responsibility towards how the money is spent? So if you're sponsoring a pastor who's a thief, na God go judge am, no be your business? How does this make sense? Is this also from the Bible?

I am.

smiley

Many Christians struggle with the issue of tithing. In some churches tithing is over-emphasized. At the same time, many Christians refuse to submit to the biblical exhortations about making offerings to the Lord. Tithing/giving is intended to be a joy and a blessing. Sadly, that is sometimes not the case in the church today.
Tithing is an Old Testament concept. The tithe was a requirement of the law in which all Israelites were to give 10 percent of everything they earned and grew to the Tabernacle/Temple ( Leviticus 27:30 ; Numbers 18:26 ; Deuteronomy 14:24 ; 2 Chronicles 31:5 ). In fact, the Old Testament Law required multiple tithes which would have pushed the total to around 23.3 percent, not the 10 percent which is generally considered the tithe amount today. Some understand the Old Testament tithe as a method of taxation to provide for the needs of the priests and Levites in the sacrificial system. The New Testament nowhere commands, or even recommends, that Christians submit to a legalistictithe system. Paul states that believers should setaside a portion of their income in order to supportthe church ( 1 Corinthians 16:1-2 ).
The New Testament nowhere designates a percentage of income a person should set aside, but only says it is to be “in keeping with income” ( 1 Corinthians 16:2 ). Some in the Christian churchhave taken the 10 percent figure from the Old Testament tithe and applied it as a “recommended minimum” for Christians in their giving. The New Testament talks about the importance and benefits of giving. We are to giveas we are able. Sometimes that means giving more than 10 percent; sometimes that may meangiving less. It all depends on the ability of the Christian and the needs of the church. Every Christian should diligently pray and seek God’s wisdom in the matter of participating in tithing and/or how much to give ( James 1:5 ). Above all, all tithes and offerings should be given with pure motives and an attitude of worship to God and service to the body of Christ. “Each man should give what he has decided in his heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver” ( 2 Corinthians 9:7 ).

http://www.gotquestions.org/tithing-Christian.html

You are supposed to know what your tithe is being used for in the church....its your responsibilty.

Yes, Levites have no other means.....It means both of us support theirs!

Muskeeto, are you gonna give yourself hypertension over N10K you pay as tithe into a church every month?

U wanna investigate every pastor of Redeem to know who is working besides minsiterial's and the likes.....even Jesus said it ''Not every that calls me Lord Lord are gonna make heaven.'' That fast is so unambiguous....

A tithe is not prone to Month ends only, it can be paid at anytime....like myself I can pay my tithe everyday depending on how biz is....Salary earners only wait for month ends!

In Matthew 23:23, it means Jesus Christ shows cognizance of tithe...and he didnt kick against it.
If otherwise, he would have rebuked it.

Tithe is meant to take care of Pastors in the ministry, erecting structures, equipments, adverts, handbills/posters, transportation and the likes for effectiveness

Will you go on investigating those....some churches pay the tithe of their over-all tithes to growing churches.....Winners does that!

10% of 100%, and we still complain..hmmm!

Tithing is not only based on money as you stated!
Re: Pastor Adeboye's Family Christmas Card Picture by Amujale(m): 11:54pm On Apr 06, 2020
Christianity is a fake and malicious Eurocentric ideology that found its way into the continent due to the Transatlantic slavetrade.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Anthonia Fufeyin Gives Stephanie Idolor N1 Million / El-rufai Moves To Regulate Religious Preaching In Kaduna / Speaking In Tongues: What's That All About?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.