Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,248 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:17 AM

How An American Lady Converted To Islam - Islam for Muslims (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / How An American Lady Converted To Islam (31145 Views)

'Its A Peaceful Religion' - Moji Olaiya Converts To Islam / 18 People Converted To Islam At National Mosque Yesterday / Kuwaiti Prince Abdullah al-Sabah Converted To Christianity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How An American Lady Converted To Islam by Kay17: 6:49pm On Dec 26, 2012
ignis:
Holy war is a peaceful war against the enemies of Islam.

LMAO!! Peaceful war?! Or you meant defensive war??
Re: How An American Lady Converted To Islam by miiraaj: 6:53pm On Dec 26, 2012
eazzzy1:
That common village boy ur prophet mumuhammed recognised as a honoured prophet baa?Jesus neva told us to celebrate his birthday,he never had abirthday celebration while he was alive..christians just chose a date to celebrate the birth of Jesus..Jesus ws too busy preparing to save the world,while muhammed was doin his birthday!!

Hahahahahaa! Wallahi christians are clowns. Dts y the jews play around with you like puppies. You mean. Jesus never celebrated Christmas and did not tell you to celebrate it! Who then told you to celebrate it if not Satan? Abeg watch this clip again

http://archive.org/download/TheArrivalsRevised/TheArrivalsPt.36theStoryOfJesus_512kb.mp4
Re: How An American Lady Converted To Islam by maclatunji: 7:20pm On Dec 26, 2012
eazzzy1:
I can't begin to explain the concept of the trinity for u now,cos a canal mind cannot understand spiritual things..meanwhile u nt answering any of my questions.guess its beyond u.

You asked questions? I am so busy I just come-in here to give you lot the run-around. If I get time for you ehn! Some of you no go sleep.grin

@bolded, which canal are we talking about here? Oke Afa, Idi Araba, Gbagada or Ajegunle? grin grin grin

Your carnal mind has not mastered the carnal world and you want to teach me spirituality? No make me e-smack you O. grin
Re: How An American Lady Converted To Islam by ignis: 7:40pm On Dec 26, 2012
teniyi:

Did you not noticed that I quoted someone who likened Islam to the same group I mentioned?
Two wrongs don't make a Right.
Re: How An American Lady Converted To Islam by Journey1: 8:04pm On Dec 26, 2012
zameen: Salam, Pls help with links where I can read motivating Islamic articles as I'm currently lossing my faith.

Thanks

islamqa.com is a very good website. May Allay increase you and I in faith.
Re: How An American Lady Converted To Islam by Cypost: 8:38pm On Dec 26, 2012
alienvirus: I am a muslim. Alhamdulilah. This topic will give some people hypertension and heart attack.

why will it? these things happens everyday either way Muslim to christian;christian to Muslim etc.
but we see and believe the one that suits us. if adherent of either religion should practice in truth
tolerance and love as commanded by their faith, the world will be an Eldorado.
Re: How An American Lady Converted To Islam by DrSadikMagaji(m): 9:00pm On Dec 26, 2012
huni_naija: How is it possible to convert to islam? Don't you have to be born into the religion to be considered a true muslim?

No u jst have to take the''Kalimat Shahad by saying.
: La'ilaha illallah wa annah Muhammadan rasulullah sallal lahu alaihi wasalam'' meaning I testify that there is no any Other God except Allah and Prophet Muhammad is his messenger..
Re: How An American Lady Converted To Islam by Raxz(m): 9:09pm On Dec 26, 2012
This is what human freedom entails, hw i wish every one in the world is allow to make they choice of religion and faith that he may found convince. Bt the qtn is, can Islamic religion allow that human right to make that choice and yet that person will walk freely without bn hunt? No, in Islam faith is no a choice bt an imposition.
Re: How An American Lady Converted To Islam by Cypost: 9:36pm On Dec 26, 2012
question:
can all be Muslims answer NO
can all be Christians answer NO
can all be be Hindus answer No etc
so why bother soooo much

religious doctrines are dogmas( accept don't questions)
as such none have been able to withstand logical reasoning
I wonder what Karl Max saw in 1555 when he said ''religion is the opium of the masses''
Re: How An American Lady Converted To Islam by tbaba1234: 9:54pm On Dec 26, 2012
In Islam, if you do not understand something,you have the right to ask questions.

The theology is logical and makes sense. The basics are simple and uncomplicated.

Your theory fails when it comes to Islam.
Re: How An American Lady Converted To Islam by survival1(m): 9:55pm On Dec 26, 2012
Has anybody notice the amount of copycatting in Islam?
1. They copied the Bible and religion mainly from the Roman Catholic perspective anyway(the rosary,scapula, fatima etc) We didn't copy d bible will never because d bible is filled with contradictions.
2. They preach behind a pulpit on television, with audience sitting on a chair. Have u cn such tin in d mosque except in a hall nd u don't expect pple 2 sit on d ground.
3. They hold night vigils and Sunday services Tel me where in ur bible u were told 2 hold night vigils nd go 2 church on sunday bt i can show many places in d Quran where we are told to do so. As 4 sunday services we call it Assalatu nd it's only common wit pple 4rm d southern part of d country bt will neva find it anywhere in d world.
4. Preach in the bus because we are commanded spread d Dawah(word) everywhere nd were u also told 2 preach in d bus?
5. Use fireworks/banger during Salah
etc B4 xtain fireworks has bn in use expecially during festivity.
All these formerly christian practices have been adopted by Lagos Muslims in a bid to beat the competition. Funny enough christians still dont count them as competitors and have never adopted nothing from Islam. 4rm d few i've said above u'll know muslims neva copied anytin 4 xtains.
[/quote]
Re: How An American Lady Converted To Islam by adaybayor(m): 10:05pm On Dec 26, 2012
Movingcoil: did u mean d man na olodo, some how en come compile d koran?

Even if you have the least of brains you should know that in itself is a wonder
Re: How An American Lady Converted To Islam by adaybayor(m): 10:11pm On Dec 26, 2012
Raxz: This is what human freedom entails, hw i wish every one in the world is allow to make they choice of religion and faith that he may found convince. Bt the qtn is, can Islamic religion allow that human right to make that choice and yet that person will walk freely without bn hunt? No, in Islam faith is no a choice bt an imposition.

My signature should answer your question, don't choose to be ignorant!!! Seek knowledge for it shall set you free!!!
Re: How An American Lady Converted To Islam by olawalebabs(m): 10:13pm On Dec 26, 2012
survival1: Has anybody notice the amount of copycatting in Islam?
1. They copied the Bible and religion mainly from the Roman Catholic perspective anyway(the rosary,scapula, fatima etc) We didn't copy d bible will never because d bible is filled with contradictions.
2. They preach behind a pulpit on television, with audience sitting on a chair. Have u cn such tin in d mosque except in a hall nd u don't expect pple 2 sit on d ground.
3. They hold night vigils and Sunday services Tel me where in ur bible u were told 2 hold night vigils nd go 2 church on sunday bt i can show many places in d Quran where we are told to do so. As 4 sunday services we call it Assalatu nd it's only common wit pple 4rm d southern part of d country bt will neva find it anywhere in d world.
4. Preach in the bus because we are commanded spread d Dawah(word) everywhere nd were u also told 2 preach in d bus?
5. Use fireworks/banger during Salah
etc B4 xtain fireworks has bn in use expecially during festivity.
All these formerly christian practices have been adopted by Lagos Muslims in a bid to beat the competition. Funny enough christians still dont count them as competitors and have never adopted nothing from Islam. 4rm d few i've said above u'll know muslims neva copied anytin 4 xtains.
what a childish post.
Re: How An American Lady Converted To Islam by matrix789: 10:15pm On Dec 26, 2012
Janet Jackson
Re: How An American Lady Converted To Islam by adaybayor(m): 10:18pm On Dec 26, 2012
Movingcoil: must u fool urself anytime u get an opportunity to do so? Itz not a must dat U'l go on pilgrimage, infact people just visit d place just 4 fun but y do muslims make it a must 4 a muslim 2 go 2 mecca and 2 make d less privileged feel the pains, they even add a title to you wen u go der. Religion of peace indeed

Who said it is compulsory to go to hajj? So people go to jerusalem for fun and not for worship? You are a bleeping hypocrite to talk about the title, what is JP if I may ask? You are just one of the deluded lots.
Re: How An American Lady Converted To Islam by tplacid: 10:35pm On Dec 26, 2012
Gandhi once said 'I like your christ but I don't like your christians, your christians are so unlike your christ'. It's so sad that a thread for Muslims is populated by Christians accusing Muslims of terrorism and calling our beloved prophet names on a Muslim thread.
Am starting to getting a feeling that Some christians are so insecure about their religion which they go to any length to make Islam look like a false religion cos I go to other religion thread and I don't comment so I see no reason why some christians should come here and start negative things about a religion they know nothing about, IMO it's just a show of aggression and ignorance. Sadly, some ignorant Muslims are not helping matters.

To all christians I think you think deep and ask yourself some serious questions, if Islam is a religion of terrorist as you claim why are over 1billions Muslims the world over not exterminated all non-Muslims.

All the so called terrorist organisation carry out their operations in Muslim populated countries/areas/cities which results in high number Muslim victims(the media will tell you otherwise cos that's what they want you to believe, remember how CNN told the world that Iraq had a WMD but they didn't)

Christians call Prophet Muhammed all kinds of names but we Muslims continue to show love and respect for Jesus.

However, it's big news if someone in country where Islam is labelled as false religion covert to Islam despite the propaganda, mind control and brainwash. It's new if prominent stars like Thierry Henry, Frank Ribery, Muhammed Ali covert to a religion that is most hated in world. So i implore all christians that hate Islam should realise that if Jesus(AS)and Muhammed(PBUH) they would be best of friends and not get themselves involved in all these name calling done by followers of both prophets.

1 Like

Re: How An American Lady Converted To Islam by Nobody: 12:15am On Dec 27, 2012
[/quote]
Re: How An American Lady Converted To Islam by Nobody: 12:55am On Dec 27, 2012
tplacid:
1. Some christians are so insecure about their religion which they go to any length to make Islam look like a false religion ........it's just a show of aggression and ignorance.

2. To all christians I think you think deep and ask yourself some serious questions, if Islam is a religion of terrorist as you claim why are over 1billions Muslims the world over not exterminated all non-Muslims.

3. Christians call Prophet Muhammed all kinds of names but we Muslims continue to show love and respect for Jesus.

1. Christians are insecure not about their religion but the safety of their lives with them being killed and maimed every Sunday. Islam is the aggressor and the ignorant cult masquerading as a religion.

2. Non Muslims are not interested in exterminating anyone. All major religions on earth (Islam is not a religion, it is an instrument of terror) forbid their followers to kill or harm any human. Christianity even forbids self defense against aggression.

3. It does not bother Christians whatever abuse you put on Jesus. That in itself is the ultimate sign of being secure in your belief. Jesus does not need Muslim love and respect. Just stop killing his people.

Finally what do you think will happen to Islam without the condemnation of death put on adherents who leave the cult? It will collapse universally as it is collapsing in south west Nigeria, Sierra Leone etc. Only FORCE can keep Islam around. And it wont be for long as we are in an age of super enlightenment. Only culture , habit, rebellion and terror can keep anyone a Muslim.

1 Like

Re: How An American Lady Converted To Islam by topatee: 8:01am On Dec 27, 2012
This is beautiful, let them call Jesus whatever name they wish, its not new, even the Pharises did it yet the gospel continue to spread, am not afarid of sucide bombers, for me to die is great gain
jerseyboy:

1. Christians are insecure not about their religion but their safety and lives with them being killed and maimed every Sunday. Islam is the aggressor and the ignorant cult masquerading as a religion.

2. Non Muslims are not interested in exterminating anyone. All major religions on earth (Islam is not a religion, it is an instrument of terror) forbid their followers to kill or harm any human. Christianity even forbids self defense against aggression.

3. It does not bother Christians whatever abuse you put on Jesus. That in itself is the ultimate sign of being secure in your belief. Jesus does not need Muslim love and respect. Just stop killing his people.

Finally what do you think will happen to Islam without the condemnation of death put on adherents who leave the cult? It will collapse universally as it is collapsing in south west Nigeria, Sierra Leone etc. Only FORCE can keep Islam around. And it wont be for long as we are in an age of super enlightenment. Only culture , habit, rebellion and terror can keep anyone a Muslim.

1 Like

Re: How An American Lady Converted To Islam by bukatyne(f): 8:13am On Dec 27, 2012
teniyi:

Don't mix things up please, Olumba Olumba, Ogboni, Guru Maharaji etc are all brand of Christianity, so how will Islam looks like them than Christianity?
REALLY?
Re: How An American Lady Converted To Islam by bukatyne(f): 8:13am On Dec 27, 2012
teniyi:

Don't mix things up please, Olumba Olumba, Ogboni, Guru Maharaji etc are all brand of Christianity, so how will Islam looks like them than Christianity?
REALLY? That's a new one.
Re: How An American Lady Converted To Islam by gudguycom: 8:16am On Dec 27, 2012
So, what is so special here? So many Muslims convert to Christianity on daily basis. Kini big deal? Go find yourself a job if you do not have any ma brother.
Re: How An American Lady Converted To Islam by bukatyne(f): 8:17am On Dec 27, 2012
teniyi:

But you believed when Jesus said "in my father's house there MANY MANSION"?
and what's d correlation between the two statements? if you don't believe that 80,000 servants will be given to each muslim when you get to your heaven, we believe there are a lot of mansions in our heaven.
Re: How An American Lady Converted To Islam by bukatyne(f): 8:33am On Dec 27, 2012
maclatunji:

Hehehe- Burying your head in the sand. Christmas is the largest celebration in the world and it is based on a big fat lie! If you open your eyes and start digging deeper you will know that what you are trying to parry or dismiss matters! I am very tempted to accept that Christianity doesn't matter- why?

Concept of trinity is fundamental to Christianity- we debunk that, Christians will tell you "it doesn't matter."

Christmas is one large fraud- Christians will tell you "it doesn't matter".

Duh! It matters, you have been sold dummies and it is time to stop being dupes and think for yourselves. You cannot build something on nothing. We have proven that your basic belief is not valid, your largest celebration is a fraud, what else do you want to see? Jesus(AS) himself denying you? That will happen too- but don't wait till then because the salvation you seek will then be unattainable!

Hehehehehe! tongue

Don't be bitter, get better!
I am not in a competition as to who is better because I Know. I can see you can't grasp d content of my last post. Christmas is about d birth of Christ so what's the fraud? Was He not born? FYI, the Jesus is the Quran is different from My Lord Jesus Christ in my Bible so I don't care if your Jesus denies me; i don't know him and I don't want to! As for the issue of trinity, I don't know where it was 'debunked' but it doesn't change the fact that God the Father, God The Son And God The Holy Spirit exists. Evolutionists say there is no God; does it negate the existence of God? come to think of it, Christmas is not the largest celebration in the 'world'; it is the largest in christianity. I think that's where you are missing it. Christmas is NOT the fanfare you see; It's the meaning of the birth and consequently the death of Jesus Christ.
Re: How An American Lady Converted To Islam by haibe(m): 8:40am On Dec 27, 2012
Dr Sadik Magaji:

No u jst have to take the''Kalimat Shahad by saying.
: La'ilaha illallah wa annah Muhammadan rasulullah sallal lahu alaihi wasalam'' meaning I testify that there is no any Other God except Allah and Prophet Muhammad is his messenger..

I just said it now but am still a christian cool
Re: How An American Lady Converted To Islam by bukatyne(f): 8:42am On Dec 27, 2012
eazzzy1:

If only some of u guys will have the common sense to read the bible well,the part of Jesus denying pple,read same chapter from verse 21. *not everyone that saith unto me Lord Lord,shall enter into the kingdom of heaven.but he that doeth the will of my father which is in heaven.
Tell me how Peaceful it is for a messenger of God to marry his adopted son's wife Besides there is no mention of islam in the bible..we don't acknowledge nobodies.
My dear why are you disturbin yourself? do you know Jesus (as)? Infact, if Jesus (as) claims to know me, I am in deep poo!
Re: How An American Lady Converted To Islam by haibe(m): 8:45am On Dec 27, 2012
adaybayor:

Who said it is compulsory to go to hajj? So people go to jerusalem for fun and not for worship? You are a bleeping hypocrite to talk about the title, what is JP if I may ask? You are just one of the deluded lots.

christians who go to jerusalem for worship are ignorant of the new testament
Re: How An American Lady Converted To Islam by haibe(m): 8:46am On Dec 27, 2012
olawalebabs: what a childish post.

childish indeed but an atom of truth included
Re: How An American Lady Converted To Islam by haibe(m): 8:50am On Dec 27, 2012
bukatyne: My dear why are you disturbin yourself? do you know Jesus (as)? Infact, if Jesus (as) claims to know me, I am in deep poo!

are you alright?
Re: How An American Lady Converted To Islam by bukatyne(f): 8:51am On Dec 27, 2012
maclatunji:

It is not a matter of knowing Jesus' (AS) birthday. The question is: why do you need to lie about it? Not only that, sell it to the world as the truth. Jesus never sold that lie- it is you his so called "followers" that are selling it for your own selfish reasons and egos. It is not a problem to me but a problem to you- let it be clear that you are selling deceit to the people. tongue
we are lying about Jesus' birth because of our egos? What won't i read on NL! Get it Mr., we are not celebrating His chronological birthday, we are celebrating the significance of His birth and anytime we choose to do so is our right and business. Yes, you can sing the song... Mary's boy child Jesus Christ was born on christmas day ... And now we live forever more b'cos of Christmas day... and you will be 100% correct!
Re: How An American Lady Converted To Islam by bukatyne(f): 8:57am On Dec 27, 2012
haibe:

are you alright?
as a christian, i don't know Jesus (as). As a muslim, do you know Jesus Christ The Prince Of Peace? The Bright Morning Star? Alpha And Omega? The Root And Offspring Of David? The Lion Of The Tribe Of Judah? The Lamb That Was Slain? The Bread Of Life? The Resurrection And Life? The Living Water? The Chief Corner Stone? The Rose Of Sharon? The Lily Of The Valley? The High Priest? The Mediator Between God And Man? I'm sure you don't. This answers your question.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Do You Know Who Killed Abu Jahl ? ¿ It Was Children ! Click To Read More / Why Do Muslim Men Wear Long Beards? / Would You Prefer To Live In An Islamic Country?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.