Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,789 members, 7,820,765 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:09 PM

How An American Lady Converted To Islam - Islam for Muslims (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / How An American Lady Converted To Islam (31217 Views)

'Its A Peaceful Religion' - Moji Olaiya Converts To Islam / 18 People Converted To Islam At National Mosque Yesterday / Kuwaiti Prince Abdullah al-Sabah Converted To Christianity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How An American Lady Converted To Islam by jcross19: 8:32am On Dec 26, 2012
adaybayor:

You are just suffering from HEREDITARY I'd.iocy, how does your comment relate to mine?
ah ah ah ah u are bonafide muslim i can see the traces of that terrorism in u.just know that t.b joshua was born in well grounded muslim family but was anointed from womb.
Re: How An American Lady Converted To Islam by ogayor: 8:32am On Dec 26, 2012
Let us hold fast on the faith we profess, someday our works and faith will be tested and tried with fire.

If anyone work Is destroyed so bad.

But you, Timothy, man of God: Run for your life from all this. Pursue a righteous life—a life of wonder, faith, love, steadiness, courtesy. Run hard and fast in the faith. Seize the eternal life, the life you were called to, the life you so fervently embraced in the presence of so many witnesses. (1 Timothy 6:11, 12 MSG)
Re: How An American Lady Converted To Islam by miiraaj: 8:33am On Dec 26, 2012
vanstanzy:

My guy, i'll answer u in the likeness of Christ our Supreme Lord n Saviour. It'll be much easier 4 a camel 2 pass the eye of a needle than 4 me, Chinedu Stanley 2 join Islam.

People have said worst things and still accepted Islam. Please,view this short video and know the origin of your religion.

http://archive.org/download/TheArrivalsRevised/TheArrivalsPt.36theStoryOfJesus_512kb.mp4

http://archive.org/download/TheArrivalsRevised/TheArrivalsPt.37theSunGod_512kb.mp4
Re: How An American Lady Converted To Islam by ba7man(m): 8:35am On Dec 26, 2012
13volts: @Omo. Once again, Islam does not promise 72 virgins, or any forms of reward whatsoever for anyone who commits suicide. It is a totally absurd lie. The virgin myth has understandably received more than its fair share of publicity due to its hilarity and "romance" At the very least, it makes for a particularly gratifying affirmation for those who would love to see Islam go down the gutters. Besides, the harsh punishment that Islam bestows upon its followers who commit murder and suicide has been spelt out very clearly in the Quran:

Nor kill (or destroy) yourselves: for verily God hath been to you Most Merciful! If any do that in rancor and injustice, soon shall We cast them into the Fire: And easy it is for God. Chapter 4 Verse 29 - 30

Narrated Jundab the Prophet said, "A man was inflicted with wounds and he committed suicide, and so Allah said: My slave has caused death on himself hurriedly, so I forbid Paradise for him." (Bukhari Volume 2, Book 23, Number 445)

Narrated Thabit bin Ad-Dahhak:"And if somebody commits suicide with anything in this world, he will be tortured with that very thing on the Day of Resurrection. (Bukhari Volume 8, Book 73, Number 73)

The condemnation Islam has towards suicide is so grave that it would be unthinkable for its followers to regard sex or VIRGINS as a reward if they were to take their lives.
Thank you, I'm a Christian but I'v always wondered where the Fanatics dug that teaching out of in the Quoran, I wonder what started it.

1 Like

Re: How An American Lady Converted To Islam by SURYSuri(f): 8:36am On Dec 26, 2012
Christians why don't you seek the truth and stop having hypertension anytime islam is mentioned. Your minds is troubled with christianity please seek Allah, He is all forgiving all merciful. Alhamdulillah. I am a Muslim, I have peace of mind.

1 Like

Re: How An American Lady Converted To Islam by maclatunji: 8:38am On Dec 26, 2012
Ile-Ife:

[size=15pt]You are happy, i know its your handwork.[/size]

You can save yourself a lot of trouble by just calling me "evil". I am sure that makes you happy.

2 Likes

Re: How An American Lady Converted To Islam by Kaxmytex(m): 8:39am On Dec 26, 2012
Dhelake: thays nt true even the prophetSAW) was not born into islam
shocked
Re: How An American Lady Converted To Islam by abdulkayus(m): 8:41am On Dec 26, 2012
misterh: Sir, you have just shown that you av no knowledge of Islam. Once again, the internet is your friend. Research on the compilation of the Holy Quran. FYI, Muhammed (SAW) isn't the author of the Quran. He was just a messanger of God. The Quran is the Word of God.

gbamm, u couldnt hav said it better. I was abt to say dat b4 i saw ur post. Wat happen is dat many xtains are brainwashed by d biased western media and corrupted pastors by dishin them wrong info abt Islam and dem didnt care to investigate. Although, some few misguided muslims are nt also helpin matters.
Y we are havin more westerners join Islam is dat they are mostly open minded and nt sway away by hatred and Allah has lead dem to Islam. So, i ask my nigerians xtains to also hav an open mind and study Islam, dey will surely appreciate it.

2 Likes

Re: How An American Lady Converted To Islam by abdulkayus(m): 8:45am On Dec 26, 2012
ba7man: Thank you, I'm a Christian but I'v always wondered where the Fanatics dug that teaching out of in the Quoran, I wonder what started it.

thumbs up to u. My guy, all dos lies started frm some haters of Islam to misled gullible xtains, and many xtains has swallow dat hook, link and sinker. Go to internet and c where many articles ridiculin Islam are posted and some xtains instead of dem to investigate, jus follow up lyk zombies. Hmmmm
Re: How An American Lady Converted To Islam by Kaxmytex(m): 8:46am On Dec 26, 2012
abdulkayus:

gbamm, u couldnt hav said it better. I was abt to say dat b4 i saw ur post. Wat happen is dat many xtains are brainwashed by d biased western media and corrupted pastors by dishin them wrong info abt Islam and dem didnt care to investigate. Although, some few misguided muslims are nt also helpin matters.
Y we are havin more westerners join Islam is dat they are mostly open minded and nt sway away by hatred and Allah has lead dem to Islam. So, i ask my nigerians xtains to also hav an open mind and study Islam, dey will surely appreciate it.
i shld hv open mind and study hw dem dey make bomb abi?
Re: How An American Lady Converted To Islam by true2god: 8:47am On Dec 26, 2012
inuyasha01:

1.Writing in Roman doesn't mean Muslims are copying christians or are u trying to say a specific language is meant for only 1 religion. Thats not the issue, the issue is the message ALLAH is trying to pass to the whole world using Arabic Language and here u are ranting about someone copying Roman catholic. And is the Quran written in Roman Language? Funnily enough Allah to us about the Romans in hte QuranTHAT WAS YOUR FIRST LIE
2.u know what, the last time i checked, it is muslims that originally wake and keep night vigils which shows your SECOND LIE
3. What d hell happened to freedom of expression? Are u trying to tell me that it is only christians that preach behind pulpits and audience standing? Or do u want to tell me that, that was how prophet Issa (Jesus) preach to his followers? That was your SECOND LIE
3. Is there a limitation to the time u practise your religion? Or is sunday exclusive to u christians and trying to get close to ALLAH at any possible free time is a rewarding act and sundays are free days so are saying peole should lazy around or what? That is another LIE of yours.
4. To GOD who made me, i have never seen any preacher in any bus preaching so saying that preaching in a bus is limited to one religion is not a valid claim.
5. Fire works are things of amusment and fun.in the ancient times Chinese were the first to make fire works during there festivals and scaring of enemies away but nowadays it is used for fun and ancient chinese were buddish zoroantist and all those idol worsphipping religion so limiting fireworks to only christian festivals is a selfish act what happened to freedom of expression.
Very soon u would start to see people of your religion (christianity) convert to islam just wait and see. And they(converts to islam) coupled with muslims would be the ones to prosper on the day of reckoning
U try well well. U be lawyer? I go need ur service to reclaim my ten plots of land seized by 'omo-onile' at ajah.
Re: How An American Lady Converted To Islam by Afam4eva(m): 8:49am On Dec 26, 2012
bright007: This lady has just been brainwashed!oh my!
But those that converted to your own religion were not brainwashed?
Re: How An American Lady Converted To Islam by Nobody: 8:49am On Dec 26, 2012
luluosas:
No matter how hard you tried to paint ISLAM as the 'only' religion, you are dead wrong. Yes, a former Christian can convert to Islam without any form trouble but, when a former Muslim do converts to Christianity, hell is let loosed as you people (Muslims) go all out to kill that person. Why is this so? If Islam is truly a religion of peace, it should never subjects any one to any form of condition either for accepting it or refusing it. Thank you.

Islam can only spread by threat and violence. The doctrine is crazy and so only lunies like this lazy will convert willingly. Other wise they look for coverts in American jailhouses whom for the most part are killing time
Re: How An American Lady Converted To Islam by adaybayor(m): 8:52am On Dec 26, 2012
jcross19: if i start with u...ah ah ah u will run because am going to strike the strongest part of ur faith and make u empty.ask ur imam why u are going abode in hell waiting for anabi to release u.

From this I can conclude that you know nothing, are you afraid to say the truth. I am throwing you a challenge. Cowards always back off, did my imam make the accusation? Answer the question you hypocrite

1 Like

Re: How An American Lady Converted To Islam by Ninilowo(m): 8:55am On Dec 26, 2012
Techwriter: I can see the way Christmas is celebrated round the world has become a threat to the religeon of Islam. The funfare (even some muslims in Nigeria participate)makes the Muslims feel they are loosing ground. In other to restore their confidence in the religion, they post threads like this on the front page on a Christmas day-In the peak of Christians' festival. What a tactics.

Has anybody notice the amount of copycatting in Islam?
1. They copied the Bible and religion mainly from the Roman Catholic perspective anyway(the rosary,scapula, fatima etc)
2. They preach behind a pulpit on television, with audience sitting on a chair
3. They hold night vigils and Sunday services
4. Preach in the bus
5. Use fireworks/banger during Salah
etc
All these formerly christian practices have been adopted by Lagos Muslims in a bid to beat the competition. Funny enough christians still dont count them as competitors and have never adopted nothing from Islam.
1 million likkes.
Re: How An American Lady Converted To Islam by Eazeee(m): 8:55am On Dec 26, 2012
13volts: SOME VERSES CHRISTIANS, BOKO HARAM & TERRORISTS USE TO JUSTIFIED VIOLENCE IN ISLAM.

So when Allah says: “But when the forbidden months are past, then fight the pagans wherever you find them, and seize them and beleaguer them and lie in wait for them in every stratagem (of war)”

we must know that it is not general, since the verse above has qualified it to refer to the pagan Arabs who were actually at war with the Prophet (peace be upon him) and those who broke their covenants of peace. we must know that it is not general, since the verse above has qualified it to refer to the pagan Arabs who were actually at war with the Prophet (peace be upon him) and those who broke their covenants of peace.

This is further emphasized a few verses later where Allah says: “Will you not fight people who broke their covenants and plotted to expel the Messenger and attacked you first?” [Sûrah al-Tawbah: 13]

dis is d dumbest of all silly propaganda by a brother of Boko haram. Y not go say dat trash 2 ur Arab masters fighting n bombing each other in d middle east i.e SUNNA VS SHIA,ARABS VS JEWS,ARABS VS HINDU,ISLAM VS KENYANS,ISLAM IN SOMALIA,MAYANMA,your brodas BOKO HARAM VS INNOCENT NIGERIANS E.T.C
dude u beta wake up 4rom ur coma as a result of d ALO dat was washed n given u 2 drink.
ISLAM MEANS PEACE,POLICE IS YOUR FRIEND,BAIL IS FREE

1 Like

Re: How An American Lady Converted To Islam by adaybayor(m): 8:56am On Dec 26, 2012
Laalamed: Koran confirms that bible is word of God.al imran 3:3,4,23,184,al-maidah 5:46,47,al-anam 6:92,al-nisa 4:163,yunus 10:94.muslims must read,study and believe in bible.however muslims fear that bible has been corrupted.how could that possible?if bible is word of God according to koran how can mortals alter the degree of Almighty.koran says nobody can alter decree of God.al-anam 6:34,al-maidah 5:50,71.what muslims must know is that muhammed wanted to direct people to God. he has knowledge of Bible.then there were some jews and christians in arab world.these christians and jews could not force pagans to change their beliefs.muhammed hated pagan practices and decided to reform the society.

Muhammad was not an educated man, he could not read nor write so, how did he get so much knowledge about the bible? So, you believe the part of quran that confirms the bible but, don't believe the other parts, you are an hypocrite.

We Believe what we want to.
Re: How An American Lady Converted To Islam by topmostg: 9:01am On Dec 26, 2012
13volts: @Omo. Once again, Islam does not promise 72 virgins, or any forms of reward whatsoever for anyone who commits suicide. It is a totally absurd lie. The virgin myth has understandably received more than its fair share of publicity due to its hilarity and "romance" At the very least, it makes for a particularly gratifying affirmation for those who would love to see Islam go down the gutters. Besides, the harsh punishment that Islam bestows upon its followers who commit murder and suicide has been spelt out very clearly in the Quran:

Nor kill (or destroy) yourselves: for verily God hath been to you Most Merciful! If any do that in rancor and injustice, soon shall We cast them into the Fire: And easy it is for God. Chapter 4 Verse 29 - 30

Narrated Jundab the Prophet said, "A man was inflicted with wounds and he committed suicide, and so Allah said: My slave has caused death on himself hurriedly, so I forbid Paradise for him." (Bukhari Volume 2, Book 23, Number 445)

Narrated Thabit bin Ad-Dahhak:"And if somebody commits suicide with anything in this world, he will be tortured with that very thing on the Day of Resurrection. (Bukhari Volume 8, Book 73, Number 73)

The condemnation Islam has towards suicide is so grave that it would be unthinkable for its followers to regard sex or VIRGINS as a reward if they were to take their lives.
thank you bro. Some people (xtians) are quoting hadith verses which are not in the qur'an, it's a sin to commit suicide.
Re: How An American Lady Converted To Islam by Sallychizzl3: 9:03am On Dec 26, 2012
Techwriter: I can see the way Christmas is celebrated round the world has become a threat to the religeon of Islam. The funfare (even some muslims in Nigeria participate)makes the Muslims feel they are loosing ground. In other to restore their confidence in the religion, they post threads like this on the front page on a Christmas day-In the peak of Christians' festival. What a tactics.

1. They copied the Bible and religion mainly from the Roman Catholic perspective anyway(the rosary,scapula, fatima etc)
4. Preach in the bus
etc
All these formerly christian practices have been adopted by Lagos Muslims in a bid to beat the competition. Funny enough christians still dont count them as competitors and have never adopted nothing from Islam.
hmmmm.... Xtians neva adopt anythin
1.what about goin 2 jerusalem? (I dnt c it anywea in d real new testament)
xtians neva adopt anythin
2. what about ur 40 days fasting? (remember jesus didn't say/do it or tell u 2)
3. The catholics usin d rosery nko? (Did jesus use it?)
4. Friday service now holds ('twas sunday in d olden day)
5. Pope nd bishops wea caps (Did jesus eva wore 1?)
6. U mix Arab with hebrew when speakin in tongues.
D list is endless bro, u'r d impostor of d highest order.

4 Likes

Re: How An American Lady Converted To Islam by Nobody: 9:06am On Dec 26, 2012
tbaba1234: Salam, akhi

If you have philosophical questions, send me an email : tbaba1234@yahoo.com

If it is just a low in your Iman; you will find useful articles @ www.suhaibwebb.com

If it is a Muslim converting to Christianity, you guys will call for her death.What a religion!
Re: How An American Lady Converted To Islam by bukatyne(f): 9:06am On Dec 26, 2012
ezeagu:

Jesus is not God in your religion. Muslims and Christians share the same omnipotent God.
Mr. u got it twisted. We don't!
Re: How An American Lady Converted To Islam by duni04(m): 9:08am On Dec 26, 2012
Hypnotism!
Re: How An American Lady Converted To Islam by Lakkyjay(m): 9:12am On Dec 26, 2012

4. Preach in the bus
etc

BUT CHRISTAINS STARTED GOING ON PILGRIMAGE AFTE THE MUSLIMS VISITS TO MECCA. BE REAL

1 Like

Re: How An American Lady Converted To Islam by vanstanzy(m): 9:14am On Dec 26, 2012
miiraj, beleive whatever u will. Am fighting 4 my Salvation, n Christianity suits me just fine. If u beleive islam will help u, then thats just fine. Just believe in Christ!
Re: How An American Lady Converted To Islam by Ninilowo(m): 9:14am On Dec 26, 2012
13volts: The section many people claim promises this virgins is an HAdith quoted below.

"Muhammad was heard say: "The smallest reward for the people of Heaven is an abode where there are eighty thousand servants and seventy two wives, over which stands a dome decorated with pearls, aquamarine and ruby, as wide as the distance from [Damascus] to San'a"

This hadith is rated by Islamic Scholars as being weak and having a disputed narration, hence such Information are not taking seriously. What is a Hadith? The Hadith is the record of the sayings & conduct of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh). Since the Hadith is not an holy like the Quran, because it was written and complied by humans. The scholars of the Hadith literature divided it into categories according to the degree of authenticity and reliability. The rule is that a Muslim does not believe in or work with a weak narration.

Mind you going back to the verse again, it is said it is for a believer nowhere it is said a Jihaadist, sucide bomber.

Heehh Now!!!!...................are jihadists no more "believers?"
Soo what you are saying is that The Prophet (SAW) sayins and ways of life are not so perfect that it has to be edited..eh? Na whaoo................
Re: How An American Lady Converted To Islam by bukatyne(f): 9:15am On Dec 26, 2012
alienvirus: I am a muslim. Alhamdulilah. This topic will give some people hypertension and heart attack.

and why should it give us heartattack? yes we are sad a soul is lost but heartattack? maybe a muslim convertin to a christian gives you heartattack that's why you think it's same here.
Re: How An American Lady Converted To Islam by Lakkyjay(m): 9:17am On Dec 26, 2012

4. Preach in the bus
etc

BUT CHRISTAINS STARTED PILGRIMAGE VISIT AFTER THE MUSLIMS HOLY VISITS TO MECCA. BE REAL, SEARCH FOR MORE KNOWLEDGE
Re: How An American Lady Converted To Islam by bukatyne(f): 9:23am On Dec 26, 2012
finicky: With christmas coming now, many people are celebrating it but even many christian do not celebrate christmas .

WHY ? Because they know this is not when the Jesus was born. Christian scholar themselves know that Jesus was not born in winter. Jesus was born in spring.

Quran say in surah Maryam :

when Isa was to be born, Maryam left the town and she sought refuge under a palm tree and Allah command her, " O maryam shake the tree and the fresh date will fall upon you"

So Maryam according to the Quran gave birth to Isa when there were fresh dates on palm tree and that doesn't happen in December, that happen in April/May/June so that is the time Isa was born.
Nobody Said Jesus was born on Dec 25, D date was chosen to celebrate His birth and consequently His death and resurrection.
Re: How An American Lady Converted To Islam by cjfavour(m): 9:31am On Dec 26, 2012
[quote author=DMainMan]

Alhamdullilah. All Praise is due to ALLAH, the Lord of the Worlds. May ALLAH make us die as muslims, forgive our sins, and grant us Paradise.

U c, most europeans, america, d west generally ar continually converting to Islam at an alarming rate. This is because they have read the Holy Qur'an and know the truth about Islam. Dont allow d media deceive u guys.
For a free copy of d Holy Qur'an in any language, go to:

http://www.qurandownload.com

My broders and sisters, dont b surprise y u c some muslims bcoming christians. It is because of:

Research has shown dat africa muslims dat convert to christianity do so solely because of poverty and lack of understanding of dere faith.

Morever, Islam forbids masturbation, alcohol, smoking, fornication, promiscous music, homosexuality and adultery. Generally, most christians do not c these as sins hence some ignorant ones who want to enjoy life convert. Most of dem go to church to seek fun.

In addition, Islam endeavour us to pray 5 times daily, fast 30 days in Ramadan, doin dhikr and Tahajjud. It is totally against soothsaying, shirk, magic, exposing nudity and many more.

Most lazy dudes who do not want to strive to earn reward hence c christianity as an opportunity to do what they want. Not knowin dat dis earth is d Paradise for dem.

Christians believe dere Jesus die to forgive humanity sins. So they can continually commit mischeivous sins since someone as sacrifice his life for there punishment. No wonder y de love inciting war and violence. Wow! Wat a religion. So i can intentionally and continually steal, kill, and do evil without repenting and changing my ways and stil go to heaven. Hahahaha! No wonder y people go to dis christianity to continue dere sins wit d belief dat de wil stil make heaven. I rily pity dem.
(Note: My Prophet Jesus (pbuh) did not die nor was he crucified. ALLAH ascended him to the heaven. In d end of days, Jesus wil be born normally on earth and kill d Dajjal. He would bcom leader and die normally).

You dnt know anything about xtianity,so y dnt u shut up? Or is it nt a sin in your religion to misled ppl with falsehood? All those xtians u mentioned dt were doing all those things,furnication,homosexuality(i know very well dt its d arabs/moslems dt indulges in this act)and all those sins u mentioned. Those men have fallen out of grace,they are sinners who will only b forgiving by God if he repent here on earth b4 he die.If u die with ur sin,u cant b forgiving. Pls dnt draw me into discussing about religion. I prefer discussing about d creator,d most high God and what he expect frm us.Xtian or moslem.

2 Likes

Re: How An American Lady Converted To Islam by frank1989: 9:37am On Dec 26, 2012
huni_naija: How is it possible to convert to islam? Don't you have to be born into the religion to be considered a true muslim?
sad
huni_naija: How is it possible to convert to islam? Don't you have to be born into the religion to be considered a true muslim?
am confused o!
Re: How An American Lady Converted To Islam by Ngwakwe: 9:38am On Dec 26, 2012
Christians, you must apologize today for challenging our Sister Religion Islam (Light and Peace).

Can you see the comments and the mentality of an educated Muslim

"U mix Arab with Hebrew when speaking in tongues"

Sallychizzl3:
hmmmm.... Xtians neva adopt anythin
1.what about goin 2 jerusalem? (I dnt c it anywea in d real new testament)
2. what about ur 40 days fasting? (remember jesus didn't say/do it or tell u 2)
3. The catholics usin d rosery nko? (Did jesus use it?)
4. Friday service now holds ('twas sunday in d olden day)
5. Pope nd bishops wea caps (Did jesus eva wore 1?)
6. U mix Arab with hebrew when speakin in tongues.
D list is endless bro, u'r d impostor of d highest order.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Why Do Muslim Men Wear Long Beards? / Would You Prefer To Live In An Islamic Country? / Different Types Of Covering That Muslim Women Use

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.