Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,278 members, 7,954,099 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 12:21 PM

Does The Internet Have An Off Switch? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Does The Internet Have An Off Switch? (541 Views)

Does The Design Of This Website Worth N420, 000? (please Review) / Us Congress Plan To Censor The Internet / How To Send Pc To Phone Sms With Customised Sender Id Without The Internet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does The Internet Have An Off Switch? by fergusen: 4:41pm On Dec 22, 2012
Is it possible to prevent everybody from accessing the internet?
Re: Does The Internet Have An Off Switch? by PGON(m): 5:26pm On Dec 22, 2012
fergusen: Is it possible to prevent everybody from accessing the internet?

No!!!
Re: Does The Internet Have An Off Switch? by yawatide(f): 7:13pm On Dec 22, 2012
^^^ Yes it is. There is a "kill" switch. I assume you haven't read a recent UN report (I can see you googling to prove me wrong as you read this. Go ahead joor tongue ) that is proposing more control over the internet...or the report from Syria where they are trying to lock down everything coming in/going out of Syria because of their rebel situation.

Just pray that it is never used.
Re: Does The Internet Have An Off Switch? by brinebaba(m): 9:48pm On Dec 22, 2012
fergusen: Is it possible to prevent everybody from accessing the internet?

YES ! If you can prevent a percentage of people from accessing the Internet,then it is vividly possible to prevent everyone.

(1) (Reply)

Content Management / Transforming Websites Into Local Software Like API / Most Expensive Domain Registra And Host Service Provider

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.