Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,476 members, 7,770,165 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 06:27 AM

Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices (180191 Views)

Simple Guide For Airtel BlackBerry Plans On Non-bb Devices / Airtel BB Plans On Non BB Phones(updated) / Airtel Ng Officially Launches New Blackberry Plans. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (102) (Go Down)

Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by luluosas(m): 1:03am On Dec 23, 2012
After my successful activation and launching the Airtel N1,200 BSM service on my Nokia 101, I also decided to play with Glo N400 Coweek BB service since, I have never seen nor heard anybody here on Nairaland, who have tried the Glo BB plans on phones or laptops outside BB phones. So, I decided to give this a trial to see if Glo BB service plan can be use outside BlackBerry.
So, I text Coweek to 777 and N400 was deducted from my account. I got this SMS from 777 thereafter.
Your subscription is pending activation. Kindly remove your battery and re-insert to connect in the next one hour. Thank you.
This was 11:41:06PM this night and it is already over one hour since I did yet, no activation.
After putting the battery back, I text Status to 777 and this message came:
Your subscription is pending activation. Kindly remove your battery and re-insert to connect in the next one hour. Thank you.You have 0 Blackberry bonus on your account:
Now, as a non BB user, I don't know how long it usually last for Glo to activate subscription to their BB service though, Airtel's was immediate after my subscription earlier. I am therefore waiting for the activation SMS from 777 and should this ever work, this will be bye-bye to Glo Always Micro. Keeping fingers crossed.
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by luluosas(m): 1:07am On Dec 23, 2012
By the way, Glo BlackBerry users in the house, is the BlackBerry service on Glo using gloflat as the APN? If yes, I am 100% confident that, it will work for me. The wait continues.......
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by luluosas(m): 6:42am On Dec 23, 2012
I am still waiting for the activation SMS from 777. Do I need to try connect before the plan is activated? This is usually the way Glo data plans are activated after subscription. It will say your plan will be activated once you connect. So, what can I do now?
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by samir101ng(m): 5:37pm On Dec 23, 2012
@Luluosas,

It seems glo takes upto 48 hrs sometimes to activate the Blackberry service on a sim. They will need to send the service books and other stuff to your handset. Might be faster if the sim is left in a blackberry handset as it sends a registration signal to the network. As for browsing using the Glo Blackbery plans, I don't know if it might work but let us know the results. Am curious also to find out why Airtel's BB Plans works on other phones & usb modems. Finally, Glo's Blackberry Plans doesn't use any of the glo APNS (gloflat, glosecure) to browse. Will conduct some experiments of mine to find out how it works. Glo gives it users 3GB for N2,800 for their full BIS service. Not bad if it works.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by luluosas(m): 8:30pm On Dec 23, 2012
samir101ng: @Luluosas,

It seems glo takes upto 48 hrs sometimes to activate the Blackberry service on a sim. They will need to send the service books and other stuff to your handset. Might be faster if the sim is left in a blackberry handset as it sends a registration signal to the network. As for browsing using the Glo Blackbery plans, I don't know if it might work but let us know the results. Am curious also to find out why Airtel's BB Plans works on other phones & usb modems. Finally, Glo's Blackberry Plans doesn't use any of the glo APNS (gloflat, glosecure) to browse. Will conduct some experiments of mine to find out how it works. Glo gives it users 3GB for N2,800 for their full BIS service. Not bad if it works.
Really? Thanks man. Though still waiting for Glo BB activation message as the result the SMS I sent to 777 with keyword 'Status' keep returning the same activation pending.
Anyway, I don't know if the general Glo internet is having any problems for now because, even if I succeeded connecting with 'gloflat' APN on the Glo Bolt Modem, the signal is very terrible. I then disconnected and connected through 'glosecure' APN, it connected as well though with a better signal and I was able to open the Homepage of Nairaland. Checked my balance and it was still intact.
I am sure this Glo BB plan will certainly work on other phones and Modems. I am just waiting for a better network signal and I will try again.

1 Like

Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by jude33084(m): 8:44pm On Dec 23, 2012
Osas are u saying that glo weekly bis plan worked in another phone? If yes how did u do it?
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by luluosas(m): 11:24pm On Dec 23, 2012
Please, what is the APN for Glo BB service? I earlier connected and it redirect me to the Glo HSI Home page saying I don't have any subscription.
Now, is it until I will receive the activation SMS from 777 before it can work? This bottleneck have to be broken anyhow.

Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by Francheezy(m): 11:32pm On Dec 23, 2012
Guy, u t0o lyk GL0.

1 Like

Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by lynxnoon(m): 11:42pm On Dec 23, 2012
guy it wont work unless Glo allows it i,e tethering on d BIS

Airtel is aware of it even tho officially they wont say so

but u can keep trying . . .u may be d 1st to crack d nut
cheers wink
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by luluosas(m): 12:15am On Dec 24, 2012
jude33084: Osas are u saying that glo weekly bis plan worked in another phone? If yes how did u do it?
No, I am experimenting this with One Week BB plan if it will work but, it is not working yet.

Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by luluosas(m): 12:24am On Dec 24, 2012
Francheezy: Guy, u t0o lyk GL0.
Well, this is not the issue of whether I liked Glo or not, I am only looking for avenue to make better use of the Glo services. Imagine burning 460MB data plan for 4 days (nights only). That is why I am trying this BB stuff just like as I am using Aitel's right now. Thank you.
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by luluosas(m): 12:31am On Dec 24, 2012
lynxnoon: guy it wont work unless Glo allows it i,e tethering on d BIS

Airtel is aware of it even tho officially they wont say so

but u can keep trying . . .u may be d 1st to crack d nut
cheers wink
This may be very correct because, up till now, I am yet to get activation SMS from 777. Meanwhile, when I connected through gloflat earlier, I was redirected to the Glo HSI homepage.
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by samir101ng(m): 3:52am On Dec 24, 2012
@luluosas,

Am still yet to understand how Airtel BIS plan works on USB modems & other phones or I would have been able to make a better analysis. Glo has different mechanisms in place from other providers. For instance, if you try to browse using the two apns (gloflat or glosecure), you will be automatically taken to the hsi webpage if you don't have a prior subscription or your credit is 0.00 and cannot afford a PAYG (Pay As You Go) which is 5K per kilobyte. The two apns are for WAP & HTTP browsing respectively not for blackberry service.
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by martinkem(m): 8:03am On Dec 24, 2012
samir101ng: @luluosas,

Am still yet to understand how Airtel BIS plan works on USB modems & other phones or I would have been able to make a better analysis. Glo has different mechanisms in place from other providers. For instance, if you try to browse using the two apns (gloflat or glosecure), you will be automatically taken to the hsi webpage if you don't have a prior subscription or your credit is 0.00 and cannot afford a PAYG (Pay As You Go) which is 5K per kilobyte. The two apns are for WAP & HTTP browsing respectively not for blackberry service.

Airtel works because they all you to use the standard apn to browse instead of limiting you to just the blackberry.net apn. Airtel's 1GB limit ensures that you remain wining the provisions of their fair usage policy, other networks don't enforce a data limit like that and moreover airtel could use the clients switching to their network because of this feature

1 Like

Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by jude33084(m): 8:39am On Dec 24, 2012
Airtel remain the best in terms of fair data usage. 1gig for just N1200 is something we must give them award for smiley

1 Like

Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by luluosas(m): 11:30am On Dec 24, 2012
samir101ng: @luluosas,

So, what is the APN for Glo BlackBerry service? Nevertheless, I was having over a 100 naira on my account why attempting to browse using the Gloflat APN after subscribing. Moreover, I am yet to receive activation SMS from 777.
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by luluosas(m): 11:31am On Dec 24, 2012
jude33084: Airtel remain the best in terms of fair data usage. 1gig for just N1200 is something we must give them award for smiley
Does Airtel came out on their own on this issue or somebody cracked it before it started working?
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by samir101ng(m): 6:51pm On Dec 24, 2012
luluosas:
So, what is the APN for Glo BlackBerry service? Nevertheless, I was having over a 100 naira on my account why attempting to browse using the Gloflat APN after subscribing. Moreover, I am yet to receive activation SMS from 777.

That's just it, glo doesn't have any specific apn for the blackberry service. I doubt even if the Airtel apn is meant for blackberry. All blackberries (Nigeria) regardless of network connect to the main blackberry server in UK (England) using the blackberry.net apn via a secure socket layer protocool (ssl). To confirm this go to options, device, advanced system settings, host routing tables. You will see the 4 ssl settings that the blackberry uses to connect. To confirm the ip address of your blackberry, go to www.ip2location.com to see where your ip address is located. I don't know whether its tied to any apn or just a feature enabled at the NOC of the network operator. Airtel seems to have left their ports open free for any network traffic unlike others. Will still also do more research.
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by luluosas(m): 9:29pm On Dec 24, 2012
samir101ng:

That's just it, glo doesn't have any specific apn for the blackberry service. I doubt even if the Airtel apn is meant for blackberry. All blackberries (Nigeria) regardless of network connect to the main blackberry server in UK (England) using the blackberry.net apn via a secure socket layer protocool (ssl). To confirm this go to options, device, advanced system settings, host routing tables. You will see the 4 ssl settings that the blackberry uses to connect. To confirm the ip address of your blackberry, go to www.ip2location.com to see where your ip address is located. I don't know whether its tied to any apn or just a feature enabled at the NOC of the network operator. Airtel seems to have left their ports open free for any network traffic unlike others. Will still also do more research.
Honestly, I don't know what is wrong with Glo. The most bitter part of my experiment in trying to use Glo BB plan on a phone is the fact that, I don't have any friend around with a BB otherwise, I would have tried the activation through a BB phone since 2 days now.
I just hope this will be crack somehow anyhow though. Therefore, I am continuing with the experiment as 777 have refused to activate my One Week BB plan. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by luluosas(m): 6:03am On Dec 25, 2012
Connected. I have to be 100% sure about this before I will explain this BB plan working on my Glo Bolt Modem right now.

1 Like

Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by luluosas(m): 6:13am On Dec 25, 2012
I have to be REALLY SURE about this BB plan I'm using right now as my account balance remains and yet to receive activation SMS from 777.

Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by luluosas(m): 6:52am On Dec 25, 2012
I just hope that this Glo BB plan to work on ohter phones and Modems have been broken now. I am still experimenting!
Again, I am waiting for a reply from 777 of the message I sent, after browsing for a while and my credit is still standing as it is before I connected.
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by martinkem(m): 10:04am On Dec 25, 2012
bro which apn are u using for the bb plan
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by Francheezy(m): 10:08am On Dec 25, 2012
i h0pe saY e g0 w0rK 0oh
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by luluosas(m): 1:59pm On Dec 25, 2012
Francheezy: i h0pe saY e g0 w0rK 0oh
It is working for me ooooo but, I don't really know whether it is the One Week N400 BB plan I subscribed earlier, though not activated yet according to reply any time I sent (Status) to 777 keep saying Your subscription is pending activation. Kindly remove your battery and re-insert to connect in the next one hour. Thank you.You have 0 Blackberry bonus on your account:, which is 3 days now or whether it is a FREE browsing from GLo using APN blackberry because, my credit is still intact. Thank you.
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by luluosas(m): 2:36pm On Dec 25, 2012
Francheezy: i h0pe saY e g0 w0rK 0oh
As you can see it is working for me very well though it usually disconnects intermittently.

Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by Francheezy(m): 3:41pm On Dec 25, 2012
i wld try nxt wEEk.
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by luluosas(m): 5:04pm On Dec 25, 2012
I have been browsing for the past 2 hours using blackberry.net as APN and my credit is intact. Have I won the now? Though, I am still waiting for the BB activation SMS from 777.

1 Like

Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by luluosas(m): 5:15pm On Dec 25, 2012
Francheezy: i wld try nxt wEEk.
OK. If I had tried this out earlier, maybe I wouldn't have subscribed to the Airtel's 1048.57MB for N1,200.
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by Francheezy(m): 7:01pm On Dec 25, 2012
datz tru br0, buh i aV neVa used GL0 t0 br0wse b4
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by starlightRR(m): 7:43pm On Dec 25, 2012
i just tried it (glo)... Changed my apn to blackberry . net..... IT IS WORKING PERFECTLY

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (102)

Tecno M5 discussion thread / Do U Have An Etisalat Line? Get 100mb Now / The Galaxy A Series!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.