Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,836 members, 7,810,215 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:19 AM

Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices - Phones (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices (180564 Views)

Simple Guide For Airtel BlackBerry Plans On Non-bb Devices / Airtel BB Plans On Non BB Phones(updated) / Airtel Ng Officially Launches New Blackberry Plans. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (102) (Go Down)

Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by Nobody: 6:10pm On Dec 28, 2012
Princeofilorin: itz been working for a while but now i'm scared glo is gonna block it cry

Has airtel blocked theirs?
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by newman10(m): 8:40pm On Dec 28, 2012
I go kukuma stick to the weekly plan then. If it is blocked, e no go too pain me grin grin
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by babarazy: 9:41pm On Dec 28, 2012
pls can i use dis stuff on my Nokia N97?. If 'yes' is there any special settings for it?
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by timbros(m): 10:24pm On Dec 28, 2012
luluosas:
This is for the Huawei Modem:
Unlock code: 66444613
Flash code: 45067938
Put another network Sim card on the Modem and it will ask you for the unlock code, just input 66444613 and click Ok. That's all.
Here is the one for the ZTE Modem. NB. This may not work for you because, I use the same Huawei unlocker to calculate the code. Anyway, you may try it whether it will work or not, but I can't remember how I unlocked the first Glo ZTE Modem before I sold because, it couldn't work on my desktop at the time.
Unlouck code: 54654168
Flash code: 43206913

I put Etisalat sim in the Airtel modem but it didnt ask me to input an unlock code. I even uninstalled it and reinstalled but nothing. Do i have to click somewhere? I need help here please.
As for the Etisalat modem, I put the airtel sim and it asked for unlock code, but the code u gave me is not correct so i couldnt unlock it. sad sad sad
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by bisi16(m): 3:23am On Dec 29, 2012
Can Glo block dis?.. Still following
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by overdrive(m): 3:41am On Dec 29, 2012
Are u serious about mtn bb working on ur lappy any other settings apart frm inserting ur mtn sim into mtn modem
tonardo: i have been using mtn bb on my pc for months now unlimited downloads,..streaming video as if my father is working with mtn, download windows 8,movies,music,games,custom rom for my galaxy s3 etc....while i use Airtel on my phone manytimes very slow in my area...looking for alternative thanking lolousas for glo, at least glo is better than airtel in my area,..
using connectify sometimes dont work with all apps on my phone..
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by overdrive(m): 4:12am On Dec 29, 2012
@timbros pls help me unlock mtn modem huawei e153u-1. Imei 869604000516053 thanks
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by mjay(m): 6:41am On Dec 29, 2012
Come to think of it, Glo actually have more to gain by leaking and leaving this new devt. If anyone subcribe to its BB such person is entitled to the data allocation of 3gig for 1200/1400. Whether you use BB or android or PC should actually not bother Glo cos once you exhaust your allocation, it expires for you to renew, which is actually more patronage for glo BB sub. There is every tendency that there will be mass migration from Airtel to Glo from peeps who have been enjoing similar benefits from Airtel. What I forsee is not a blocking of the new discovery, but a fight from Airtel for survival. This new leak may actually be the workings of glo (trust naija) so peeps welcome onboard, it is a welcome development.

NB. I now use it on my galaxy s3, I even use it as HOTSPOT for my lappy. Glo speed is soo good in my hood so am cruising.
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by jereal(m): 6:56am On Dec 29, 2012
mjay: Come to think of it, Glo actually have more to gain by leaking and leaving this new devt...There is every tendency that there will be mass migration from Airtel to Glo from peeps who have been enjoing similar benefits from Airtel...What I forsee is not a blocking of the new discovery, but a fight from Airtel for survival. This new leak may actually be the workings of glo (trust naija)

I quite agree with you...glo has always one of the networks with the best firewall...why allow this now...? I think they did it on purpose...
well lets just hope this is their intention,cos it favours us all...
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by francis247(m): 8:04am On Dec 29, 2012
Pls Does any one knows if the Glo BB Complete plan of 1400 will work on Samsung Galaxy S and if streaming with it is possible?
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by luluosas(m): 8:53am On Dec 29, 2012
timbros:

I put Etisalat sim in the Airtel modem but it didnt ask me to input an unlock code. I even uninstalled it and reinstalled but nothing. Do i have to click somewhere? I need help here please.
As for the Etisalat modem, I put the airtel sim and it asked for unlock code, but the code u gave me is not correct so i couldnt unlock it. sad sad sad
It means the Huawei Modem is unlocked already hence not asking for unlock code when you inserted another network Sim card in it. I earlier stated that the ZTE may not work because, it requires another unlocker to unlock it.
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by luluosas(m): 8:59am On Dec 29, 2012
overdrive: @timbros pls help me unlock mtn modem huawei e153u-1. Imei 869604000516053 thanks
Here is the details:
Unlock code: 56556037
Flash code: 58343800
Good luck.
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by luluosas(m): 9:02am On Dec 29, 2012
newman10: I go kukuma stick to the weekly plan then. If it is blocked, e no go too pain me grin grin
Are you sure they will block it? Should they do, that means they no longer want to offer BB on their network again. That's my thinking. However, good luck to you guys as the internet signal on my modem is yet to rise.
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by luluosas(m): 9:14am On Dec 29, 2012
GOZILLA: Na now una dey wake up. Sumtin wey I dey use to browse on my laptop since August. @luluosas- creativity they say is power, well done for sharing,u made feel bad rite now!
If true that you have been using this stuff since August 2012, it means that you are very selfish.
Maybe you should go to this thread https://www.nairaland.com/737763/hurray-freedom-call-all-glo and see how one ought to be generous with any discovery about maximizing our benefits in using the various telecoms service providers around us. Thank you.
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by luluosas(m): 9:18am On Dec 29, 2012
mjay: Come to think of it, Glo actually have more to gain by leaking and leaving this new devt. If anyone subcribe to its BB such person is entitled to the data allocation of 3gig for 1200/1400. Whether you use BB or android or PC should actually not bother Glo cos once you exhaust your allocation, it expires for you to renew, which is actually more patronage for glo BB sub. There is every tendency that there will be mass migration from Airtel to Glo from peeps who have been enjoing similar benefits from Airtel. What I forsee is not a blocking of the new discovery, but a fight from Airtel for survival. This new leak may actually be the workings of glo (trust naija) so peeps welcome onboard, it is a welcome development.

NB. I now use it on my galaxy s3, I even use it as HOTSPOT for my lappy. Glo speed is soo good in my hood so am cruising.
E bi like say na only me when Glo dey frustrate here ooooooooo. My internet signal have refused to rise on blackberry.net APN but, it rose while I tried glosecure APN. What should I do now?
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by luluosas(m): 9:21am On Dec 29, 2012
venorite:
u need to activate ur supscription on a bb fone before u can get any info from 777 until u insert ur sim in a bb fone
Really? Unfortunately, I don't have anybody with a BB phone around me. This could be the reason the internet signal have refused to rise for the past 3 days now.
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by luluosas(m): 9:26am On Dec 29, 2012
adewasco2k: Fast internet...low signal who cares undecided
You seemed not to understand me. I am talking about internet signal (Upload/Download signal) when you clicked on Statistics icon on your Modem, not the network signal you shows on your post. Thank you.

Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by lynxnoon(m): 9:37am On Dec 29, 2012
wink
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by newman10(m): 9:37am On Dec 29, 2012
@luluosas, you must have been subscribed before you can browse. With the screen shot above, if you have been subscribed you should be able to browse. If you have not received any msg that you have been subscribed, call glo and tell them you have been debited but not subscribed. You don't need a bb for you to be subscribed as I did all of mine on my galaxy note. Don't tell them you want to use it on another phone cos they will always tell you it's not possible.
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by newman10(m): 9:47am On Dec 29, 2012
Luluosas, did you receive any of the msg in this screenshot? If not, you have no subscription and therefore cannot browse o

Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by luluosas(m): 10:24am On Dec 29, 2012
newman10:

Not from a bb device. Its from my Samsung Galaxy Note. I did not remove my sim at all from my phone.
Ok. Why is mine different then?
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by luluosas(m): 10:33am On Dec 29, 2012
newman10: Luluosas, did you receive any of the msg in this screenshot? If not, you have no subscription and therefore cannot browse o
Yes, I got the first message as soon as I subscribed to the Coweek. After then, I got this message from 777 when I sent Status to 777 after I subscribed
Your subscription is pending activation. Kindly remove your battery and re-insert to connect in the next one hour. You have 0 Blackberry bonus on your account.
But since then, any time I text status to 777, I am now told I don't have any subscription. Anyway, I will send email to the Blackberry support now. Thank you.
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by luluosas(m): 10:40am On Dec 29, 2012
newman10: @luluosas, you must have been subscribed before you can browse. With the screen shot above, if you have been subscribed you should be able to browse. If you have not received any msg that you have been subscribed, call glo and tell them you have been debited but not subscribed. You don't need a bb for you to be subscribed as I did all of mine on my galaxy note. Don't tell them you want to use it on another phone cos they will always tell you it's not possible.
Till now, whenever I sent Status to 777 I am told I don't a subscription. Do I need a BB phone before my subscription can be successful?
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by overdrive(m): 10:52am On Dec 29, 2012
@timbros thanks my brother the huawei mtn modem has unlocked. If I insert my glo bb enabled sim what next pls
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by luluosas(m): 11:09am On Dec 29, 2012
I just sent this email to blackberry.techsupport@gloworld.com with the Subject: No Activation After Subscribing To Glo BB Coweek Plan
Good morning Glo Blackberry Support
I subscribed to the Glo Blackberry plan (Comonth) on the 23rd December, 2012, with the number 08051XXXXXX. I immediately got this response from 777 saying "Your subscription is pending activation. Kindly remove your battery and re-insert to connect in the next one hour. Thank you." I immediately removed my battery from the phone and waited for over one hour before I placed back the battery on my phone.
Waiting to get activation from 777, it refused to show up. I then text the word 'Status' to 777 and this response came “Your subscription is pending activation. Kindly remove your battery and re-insert to connect in the next one hour. You have 0 Blackberry bonus on your account”. This message continued for some days.
But right now, anytime I sent 'Status' to 777, I am getting this response "Sorry, you don't have a subscription."
Today is 6 days after subscription and yet no activation SMS from 777. Please, check my account and get me activated now. Thank you.
I shall await their reply soon if they choose to. However, I cannot call 333 Glo Blackberry customer care as I don't have a BB phone.
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by hakunajay(m): 11:12am On Dec 29, 2012
luluosas:
Till now, whenever I sent Status to 777 I am told I don't a subscription. Do I need a BB phone before my subscription can be successful?

you dont need a bb to subscribe or check your balance. if you noticed that the network is not coming up despite the fact that there is full network signal, i will suggest that you change the network mode to gsm or edge only instead of 3g or wcdma network and see what happens. cos i noticed that anytime i change my nerwork mode to 3g/wcdma, it wont browse despite been connected.
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by luluosas(m): 11:19am On Dec 29, 2012
overdrive: @timbros thanks my brother the huawei mtn modem has unlocked. If I insert my glo bb enabled sim what next pls
Did you even bordered to check who gave you the unlock code at all? I am not angry at you but just telling you to look well before you concludes. Thank you.
Depending on the Glo BB plan you want to subscribe, first, create a BB profile on your Modem with the
Name: Glo Blackberry
APN: blackberry.net
Please, leave the username and password blank. Then, make this profile your default profile and you are good to go.
To subscribe for the One week plan costing N400 with data volume at 700MB, text Coweek to 777 and should you prefer the One month plan, text Comonth to 777 costing N1,400 with 3GB data volume. Good luck as you try.
Remember, when you want to use MTN, change your profile back to MTN and make it the default. That is what you should be doing anytime you are changing your provider. Thank you.
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by lynxnoon(m): 11:19am On Dec 29, 2012
seems Glo bis is having issues today oh
not been able to browse ... even on bb sad
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by luluosas(m): 11:25am On Dec 29, 2012
hakunajay:

you dont need a bb to subscribe or check your balance. if you noticed that the network is not coming up despite the fact that there is full network signal, i will suggest that you change the network mode to gsm or edge only instead of 3g or wcdma network and see what happens. cos i noticed that anytime i change my nerwork mode to 3g/wcdma, it wont browse despite been connected.
I think the biggest challenge I am facing here is the fact that, there is presently no Glo 3G services in Yola. My device is on WCDMA Preferred because, whenever I put it on WCDMA Only, it refuses to even see network let alone to connect. As for GSM, though I haven't tried it before but, I am not sure if it will work though I will give it a trial altogether. Thank you.
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by luluosas(m): 11:26am On Dec 29, 2012
lynxnoon: seems Glo bis is having issues today oh
not been able to browse ... even on bb sad
Really, what's your location please?
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by lynxnoon(m): 11:36am On Dec 29, 2012
luluosas:
Really, what's your location please?
isolo - Lagos
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by newman10(m): 11:43am On Dec 29, 2012
lynxnoon:
isolo - Lagos

Its certainly your location o. I'm on full throtle here in Ketu, Lagos.
BTW, why did you modify your initial post above undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (102)

Android, Anyone? / The Galaxy A Series! / How To Stop Automatic Touches On Screens Of Your Android Phones And Tablet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.