Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,486 members, 7,770,184 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 06:54 AM

Chinese Farmer Builds Wind-Powered Car In 3 Months - Science/Technology (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Chinese Farmer Builds Wind-Powered Car In 3 Months (16226 Views)

5-year-old Boy Builds His Dream Bicycle (photos) / Nigerian Student Builds Solar-powered Car / Farmer Kills 15-foot Snake In Ekiti (Picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chinese Farmer Builds Wind-Powered Car In 3 Months by MANOSUB(m): 7:35pm On Dec 28, 2012
The world belongs to people who can think. Nigerians can think. Someone from the Northern part of Nigeria actually built a mower, and it was aired on NTA
meetchalz: The man who has done this is a farmer. I̅n our country Nigeria, sadly, we have so-called Engineers i̅n different fields of the discipline who have got nothing to show for their education. They too patronize road-side mechanics. How can we grow? This Chinese farmer should be encouraged to develop his concept further.
Re: Chinese Farmer Builds Wind-Powered Car In 3 Months by MANOSUB(m): 7:40pm On Dec 28, 2012
The world belongs to people who can think. Nigerians can think. Someone from the Northern part of Nigeria actually built a mower, and it was aired on NTA

meetchalz: The man who has done this is a farmer. I̅n our country Nigeria, sadly, we have so-called Engineers i̅n different fields of the discipline who have got nothing to show for their education. They too patronize road-side mechanics. How can we grow? This Chinese farmer should be encouraged to develop his concept further.
Re: Chinese Farmer Builds Wind-Powered Car In 3 Months by Nobody: 8:42pm On Dec 28, 2012
The physics of this car is easy to explain. The car's propulsion is powered by an original set of rechargeable batteries. The car's motion through the air drives the wind turbine which charges another set of rechargeable batteries. This second set of rechargeable batteries is now used to further propel the car forward when the first set of batteries runs out. Hmmmm. The problem is that the energy conversion process leads to losses. For one, the wind turbine is creating aerodynamic resistance on the car causing the motor to work harder thereby using more of its stored energy. This results in a net zero energy gain. In other words, the car is consuming more energy than its output but the smart thing here is that one of the sources of energy powering the car is wind which is limitless and free. This does not violate the laws of physics but it isn't an efficient energy conversion cycle. However it works.

Its analogous to how your petrol powered engine propels your car forward which drives the alternator and the alternator in turn charges your car's battery which powers the electrical components. I suspect that what this Chinese man did was to harness the wind derived energy stored in the second battery set to propel the car when the energy in the first battery ran out undecided. The first battery was probably charged the the old fashioned way (in an electrical outlet).
Re: Chinese Farmer Builds Wind-Powered Car In 3 Months by vanstanzy(m): 8:53pm On Dec 28, 2012

Are u sure no Nigerian has come up with inventions, or did u just choose not to admit? Remember, that Obasanjo guy that invented a car that can run on water and land. Remember those secondary school girls that discovered how to run a generator using urine power. Nigerians have been doing good but noone has been noticing them, well, i have.
Great invention though by the chinese farmer.
PROUDLY IGBO!
Re: Chinese Farmer Builds Wind-Powered Car In 3 Months by OmoTier1(m): 9:11pm On Dec 28, 2012
kalokalo: The physics of this car is easy to explain. The car's propulsion is powered by an original set of rechargeable batteries. The car's motion through the air drives the wind turbine which charges another set of rechargeable batteries. This second set of rechargeable batteries is now used to further propel the car forward when the first set of batteries runs out. Hmmmm. The problem is that the energy conversion process leads to losses. For one, the wind turbine is creating aerodynamic resistance on the car causing the motor to work harder thereby using more of its stored energy. This results in a net zero energy gain. In other words, the car is consuming more energy than its output but the smart thing here is that one of the sources of energy powering the car is wind which is limitless and free. This does not violate the laws of physics but it isn't an efficient energy conversion cycle. However it works.

Its analogous to how your petrol powered engine propels your car forward which drives the alternator and the alternator in turn charges your car's battery which powers the electrical components. I suspect that what this Chinese man did was to harness the wind derived energy stored in the second battery set to propel the car when the energy in the first battery ran out undecided. The first battery was probably charged the the old fashioned way (in an electrical outlet).

@ bold, you appear to know little about fan blade propeller designs. Fan blade propellers do produce Thrust if you do not know. Variable propellers at certain speed can change their pitch to produce thrust to offset any induced drag, and certainly you would want to do that in a design such as this.

Talking drag, the shape of the car alone I believe would cause more drag than the turbine blades would.
Re: Chinese Farmer Builds Wind-Powered Car In 3 Months by firstolalekan(m): 9:23pm On Dec 28, 2012
na waoooooooooooooooooo
Re: Chinese Farmer Builds Wind-Powered Car In 3 Months by firstolalekan(m): 9:24pm On Dec 28, 2012
na waoooooooooooooooooo lipsrsealed
Re: Chinese Farmer Builds Wind-Powered Car In 3 Months by etim4uniuyo(m): 9:51pm On Dec 28, 2012
I think your comment is ridiculous and awkward here,how can you say that when 90% of Nigeria economy comes from the Oil industries loaded with indigenous Engineers and check it out we are sure professionals buy the idea or not.

Re: Chinese Farmer Builds Wind-Powered Car In 3 Months by born2boink(m): 10:48pm On Dec 28, 2012
Our engineers are busy searching english language mistakes and errors on nairaland,that is the only way they can proved they passed through university not know that university have passed through them...they are all article of no commercial value...
Re: Chinese Farmer Builds Wind-Powered Car In 3 Months by OmoTier1(m): 11:22pm On Dec 28, 2012
born2fuck: Our engineers are busy searching english language mistakes and errors on nairaland,that is the only way they can proved they passed through university not know that university have passed through them...they are all article of no commercial value...
And you in your profession ( thats if you have one) what have you invented that has brought Nigeria pride in the international community? Some of you talk as if only others are meant to bring Nigeria pride and you lots are doomed to ridicule the country
Re: Chinese Farmer Builds Wind-Powered Car In 3 Months by Nobody: 12:28am On Dec 29, 2012
So what happens during a hurricane or tornado?
Re: Chinese Farmer Builds Wind-Powered Car In 3 Months by Nobody: 12:36am On Dec 29, 2012
seedord247: Why excluding yourself?

Perhaps because he's not an engineer?
Re: Chinese Farmer Builds Wind-Powered Car In 3 Months by OmoTier1(m): 1:05am On Dec 29, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

Do you fly planes during Hurricane or tornado ... IIeke-IdI you really do kolo for this 2012... may 2013 usher you sanity once again!
Re: Chinese Farmer Builds Wind-Powered Car In 3 Months by Nobody: 6:39am On Dec 29, 2012
Omo_Tier1:

Do you fly planes during Hurricane or tornado ... IIeke-IdI you really do kolo for this 2012... may 2013 usher you sanity once again!

What's flying a plane got to do with my question?
Re: Chinese Farmer Builds Wind-Powered Car In 3 Months by ositadima1(m): 8:22am On Dec 29, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

Hahahaha, u mind is funny
Re: Chinese Farmer Builds Wind-Powered Car In 3 Months by ositadima1(m): 8:36am On Dec 29, 2012
kalokalo: For one, the wind turbine is creating aerodynamic resistance on the car causing the motor to work harder thereby using more of its stored energy. This results in a net zero energy gain.

[s]Actually, aerodynamic resistance is an intrinsic property of all large moving bodies (on earth). This constitute loses, his wind mill or what ever, happened to tap some energy that would have been lost anyway. Just like building a device that feeds on noice to generate extra energy, if dat was possible[/s] undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chinese Farmer Builds Wind-Powered Car In 3 Months by hagma37yahoocom: 9:03am On Dec 29, 2012
I love that turbine concept. Wind energy is the best cheap alternative energy source. I power my laptop with homemade windmill. I dnt need publicity.
Re: Chinese Farmer Builds Wind-Powered Car In 3 Months by razznaija(f): 9:56am On Dec 29, 2012
This farmer was able to build this vehicle in 3 months while Nigeria, with millions of engineer has been trying to solve the rocket science that is called uninterrupted power supply for more than 50 years and counting
Re: Chinese Farmer Builds Wind-Powered Car In 3 Months by ositadima1(m): 10:31am On Dec 29, 2012
razznaija: This farmer was able to build this vehicle in 3 months while Nigeria, with millions of engineer has been trying to solve the rocket science that is called uninterrupted power supply for more than 50 years and counting

Sister, this is so true, it's a shame.
Re: Chinese Farmer Builds Wind-Powered Car In 3 Months by obnelly: 2:04pm On Dec 29, 2012
I read people,s comments and I can't just do without laughing my ass off. I am an engineering technologist and I can tell you that without any assistant from any government I have done some remarkable work in waste to energy,I used poultry faeces from a poultry farm to generate fuel for cooking,air conditioning,power generation,for refrigeration and power automobile etc.its interest you don't need to have degrees to be able to make things happen.I read about those girls using urine to generate electricity so many people made series of comments but the fact remains that you can generate fuel from urine but not with what those girls showed in the pictures but also that is technology nothing is impossible.
I am not a space man but I love satellite technology and believe you me I now develop my interest in satellite dish equipment construction and I can receive both satellite tv and radio in any part of the world in my cottage.if paper qualification is cancelled in nigeria everybody will be up and doing.my dream is to build car that can run on any waste available.

1 Like

Re: Chinese Farmer Builds Wind-Powered Car In 3 Months by wine4dguy: 2:26pm On Dec 29, 2012
Omo_Tier1:

Gearing arrangement can't work in a ram air technology. That is why in Aircraft, you reverse the thrust and inverse the air flow to counter the acceleration.
you are bringing in the braking concept of an aircraft which is not a priority...the aim here is to generate more power with little revolution per minute(RPM) and from the concept we have been told that the rotation of the blades aid in the generation andpossible chargin of the batteries so modification of the gearing system is legible to achieving the aim of charging at short distances... and mind u there are regulations to the supply process so that more or less motion of the props give equivalent supply as in the case of a wind turbine..#my opinion
Re: Chinese Farmer Builds Wind-Powered Car In 3 Months by wine4dguy: 2:43pm On Dec 29, 2012
Omo_Tier1:

@ bold, you appear to know little about fan blade propeller designs. Fan blade propellers do produce Thrust if you do not know. Variable propellers at certain speed can change their pitch to produce thrust to offset any induced drag, and certainly you would want to do that in a design such as this.

Talking drag, the shape of the car alone I believe would cause more drag than the turbine blades would.
u have been talkin about thrust and drag see let me tell you i know that thrust is equal to drag but in this context our intention is not to generate lift and moreover this is just a small subsonic propeller which has little or no effect to the motion of the care...its just like u tellin me that a wind turbine blade generates enough thrust to propel it forward... #my opinion
Re: Chinese Farmer Builds Wind-Powered Car In 3 Months by Benlow: 6:17am On Dec 30, 2012
VERY NICE,SUPPORTED.
Re: Chinese Farmer Builds Wind-Powered Car In 3 Months by etim4uniuyo(m): 9:45am On Dec 31, 2012
razznaija: This farmer was able to build this vehicle in 3 months while Nigeria, with millions of engineer has been trying to solve the rocket science that is called uninterrupted power supply for more than 50 years and counting
.ASK YOUR ABYSMAL GOVERNMENT.
Re: Chinese Farmer Builds Wind-Powered Car In 3 Months by etim4uniuyo(m): 9:52am On Dec 31, 2012
born2fuck: Our engineers are busy searching english language mistakes and errors on nairaland,that is the only way they can proved they passed through university not know that university have passed through them...they are all article of no commercial value...
.Look Here Talents are not learned or studied like Skills incase you are shortchanged here any profession no doubt come across this.so Our Engineers must not be talented to do same as we apply technical skills learned mister.:-)
Re: Chinese Farmer Builds Wind-Powered Car In 3 Months by etim4uniuyo(m): 9:59am On Dec 31, 2012
Nairalanders casting blames on Nigerian Engineers is not the Solution but on the need to empower our Institutions with up to date Engineering professionals,facilities and Equipment lest complain to God.
Re: Chinese Farmer Builds Wind-Powered Car In 3 Months by veesuccess01: 5:38pm On Nov 05, 2013
SPECIAL CHRISTMAS SALES!!!!!

Vin-keke Nigeria Ent. located at the New Auto Spare Parts Market, along Owo-Benin Express way Akure, Ondo State, is selling tricycles (Keke Napep) at special give-away prices. TVS T-KINGS selling for N380,000 and Banjo (India Model) selling for N350,000. Brand new.

We deliver to any part of the country, except, boko haram infected area, within 48 hours of purchase from our stable. We accept part payments, as well as payment on delivery (on conditions please). Contact us today on 08051574147 or 08131832480.

The best part of the deal is that we deliver to your doorstep, in any part of the country. First in Nigeria!!!

Vin-Keke Nigeria Ent.
Shop stand D1 Heavens Line
New Auto Spare Parts Market
Owo-Benin Express way. Akure
Ondo state.

Vincent A.I
Manager

Re: Chinese Farmer Builds Wind-Powered Car In 3 Months by tck2000(m): 2:58pm On Jun 06, 2019
Creative

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Subscribe Startimes And GOTV With Only ₦200 For All Channels / The Difference Between Gsm, Gprs, Edge, Umts, Hsdpa / Hsupa, And Hspa / NASA Confirms Earth Will Experience 6 Days Of Total Darkness In December 2014!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.