Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,199 members, 7,818,665 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:16 PM

Is There Any GENUINE RICH MAN In Nigeria?? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is There Any GENUINE RICH MAN In Nigeria?? (1050 Views)

See This Casket That Was Used To Bury A Rich Man In Anambra [photo] / Video: See What Two Nigeria Ladies Did To A Rich Man After Clubbing / The Most Respected & Honoured Man In Nigeria Currently (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is There Any GENUINE RICH MAN In Nigeria?? by TRUTHTELA: 7:24am On Dec 23, 2012
Is there any GENUINE rich man in Nigeria? I asked because, in a country like USA, you can list hundreds of billionaires and millionaires that acquired their wealth through a TRANSPARENT source. In other words, they've never participated in the US politics and there's no record of them benefiting from US Govt's contracts. It's their own INGENUITY and HARDWORK. Examples, Bill Gates,Larry Ellison ( Oracle) Larry Page (Google) Oprah Winfrey, Mike Zuckerberg etc.

Unfortunately, I'm yet to hear a Nigerian RICH ROGUE fellow, that didn't LOOT the treasury, or a friend in power sold out "DASH" him or her GOVERNMENT COMPANIES or OIL WELLS or have friends in Government that gave him or her those DUBIOUS CONTRACTS. I'm here to learn, if there's any, I'll like to know. Some of the people that claimed that they're rich today, were NOBODY, and there FATHER was NOBODY, but, after looting the treasury, their regular line will be " I HAD MONEY BEFORE I CAME TO SERVE MY COUNTRY". I want to know the SOURCES of these fellows and their WEALTH.
Obasanjo, Ibb, Abdusalami, Abacha, Mai-deribe, Uba brothers, David Mark, El Rufai, Ms Alakija, Bola SHagaya, Ibori, Igbinedion's, Orji Kalu, Otedola, Tinubu, Dangote, Oba Otudeko, Abdumutalab, Bamanga Tukur ( Bamanga Naira), Rochas, T.Y Danjuma, Yardua's, Anenih's and their ilks, are simply PETTY THIEVES, why can't they be treated as such?

Where's the Nigeria's Mike Zuckerberg
Re: Is There Any GENUINE RICH MAN In Nigeria?? by mosunade(f): 7:45am On Dec 23, 2012
stay there and be looking for genuinely rich Nigerians. This just means you have ruled yourself out of being rich. Stay there, I repeat. out of 160 million Nigerians, you are only able to name 24 names to buttress your point. LOL. You amaze me.
Re: Is There Any GENUINE RICH MAN In Nigeria?? by mymadam(m): 7:46am On Dec 23, 2012
Yes. God bless Nigeria.
Re: Is There Any GENUINE RICH MAN In Nigeria?? by martyns303(m): 7:49am On Dec 23, 2012
There are no GENUINE rich people any where in the world, read about all the people you mentioned and you'll see that they've cheated other people to get to where they are, you made reference to mark Zuckerberg, read the book "Accidental Billionaires", facebook is a stolen idea, Mark cheated out his friends. Do u know how far Bill Gate went to monopolize microsoft? Was apple really Steve Jobs idea, coca cola was introduced in the form of a cough cyrup by a chemist who was cheated out of his invention. "Greed Is Good" if u want to be a success.
Re: Is There Any GENUINE RICH MAN In Nigeria?? by mymadam(m): 7:50am On Dec 23, 2012
TRUTHTELA: Where's the Nigeria's Mike Zuckerberg

Oh, someone just told me that he's in Abeokuta, Ogun State. wink Quickly, let's go and find him! God bless Nigeria.
Re: Is There Any GENUINE RICH MAN In Nigeria?? by Afam4eva(m): 7:51am On Dec 23, 2012
There are genuine rich Nigerians but they're not as rich as the people you listed. There's how far one can go Nigeria without having government backing.
Re: Is There Any GENUINE RICH MAN In Nigeria?? by mosunade(f): 7:59am On Dec 23, 2012
martyns303: There are no GENUINE rich people any where in the world, read about all the people you mentioned and you'll see that they've cheated other people to get to where they are, you made reference to mark Zuckerberg, read the book "Accidental Billionaires", facebook is a stolen idea, Mark cheated out his friends. Do u know how far Bill Gate went to monopolize microsoft? Was apple really Steve Jobs idea, coca cola was introduced in the form of a cough cyrup by a chemist who was cheated out of his invention. "Greed Is Good" if u want to be a success.

Nonsense. So Bill Gate is not a genuine rich person. Whats your definition of cheating.

This kind of thinking makes me wonder why some folks will ever get rich. You will probably say those actors and entertainers who make money and become very rich are not genuine.
Re: Is There Any GENUINE RICH MAN In Nigeria?? by mosunade(f): 8:02am On Dec 23, 2012
some people have resigned themselves to be ever poor, hence they say no one can ever be rich without government backing, stealing or 419. You folks are free to remain poor while others get rich through hard work. It is not a sin to want to remain poor, neither is it a sin to want to be rich, so, if you chose to remain poor because you dont have government backing, then stay by as those who dont think so also get rich.

Mtcheewwwww. Assumptions are too much here.
Re: Is There Any GENUINE RICH MAN In Nigeria?? by achi4u(m): 8:06am On Dec 23, 2012
....but alot of GENUINE millionaires abond,forget those criminal billionaires.
Re: Is There Any GENUINE RICH MAN In Nigeria?? by mosunade(f): 8:08am On Dec 23, 2012
achi4u: ....but alot of GENUINE millionaires abond,forget those criminal billionaires.

Do you mind them!
Re: Is There Any GENUINE RICH MAN In Nigeria?? by TRUTHTELA: 8:28am On Dec 23, 2012
Debasement and ignorance everwhere, Zuckerberg, "stole a friends idea", but, not US Govt's money. We're talking about individuals that became millionaires at the expense of the general public. E.g, nigerians av to be in darkness for someone to become ( the sole importer of diesel) a billonaire. US Govt post office works EFFICIENTLY,for the POOR and the RICH, yet, it didn't stop FEDEX and UPS to become global brands and the owners billonaires. The point is WHAT IDEAS DO ALL THESE NIGERIAN ROGUES EXPORT outside?

1 Like

Re: Is There Any GENUINE RICH MAN In Nigeria?? by mosunade(f): 8:38am On Dec 23, 2012
The point is WHAT IDEAS DO ALL THESE NIGERIAN ROGUES EXPORT outside

Why do people change the content of their original post? The initial post clearly reads, "IS THERE ANY GENUINE RICH MAN IN NIGERIA"
Re: Is There Any GENUINE RICH MAN In Nigeria?? by martyns303(m): 8:50am On Dec 23, 2012
TRUTHTELA: Debasement and ignorance everwhere, Zuckerberg, "stole a friends idea", but, not US Govt's money. We're talking about individuals that became millionaires at the expense of the general public. E.g, nigerians av to be in darkness for someone to become ( the sole importer of diesel) a billonaire. US Govt post office works EFFICIENTLY,for the POOR and the RICH, yet, it didn't stop FEDEX and UPS to become global brands and the owners billonaires. The point is WHAT IDEAS DO ALL THESE NIGERIAN ROGUES EXPORT outside?
Dude the emphasis was the phrase "GENUINE", and I can assure you there's none anywhere in the world, it simply depends on the magnitude and means. I say again "Greed Is Good" in the cooperate world, again u can read the book, "Co-operate Mafia"
Re: Is There Any GENUINE RICH MAN In Nigeria?? by achi4u(m): 8:52am On Dec 23, 2012
mosun_ade
What TRUTHTELLA is saying is the TRUTH based on nigeria definition of billionaires,none of them have clambed that lader without govt push.
Is not as if we're praying to remain poor as u have said.

Please do tell us a genuine billionaire in this country without govt backing?
Re: Is There Any GENUINE RICH MAN In Nigeria?? by mosunade(f): 8:59am On Dec 23, 2012
achi4u: mosun_ade
What TRUTHTELLA is saying is the TRUTH based on nigeria definition of billionaires,none of them have clambed that lader without govt push.
Is not as if we're praying to remain poor as u have said.

Please do tell us a genuine billionaire in this country without govt backing?

Must every rich man be a billionaire? Read the title properly "Is there any genuine rich man in Nigeria". Have u read it again?

I wish you well in your search.
Re: Is There Any GENUINE RICH MAN In Nigeria?? by martyns303(m): 9:05am On Dec 23, 2012
mosun_ade:

Nonsense. So Bill Gate is not a genuine rich person. Whats your definition of cheating.

This kind of thinking makes me wonder why some folks will ever get rich. You will probably say those actors and entertainers who make money and become very rich are not genuine.
Apparently we have different definition of the word "Genuine". The word is not applicable in the context of the poster literally. But from my own conclusion the word is used to denote getting rich without any form of wrong doing. Watch "wall street (money never sleeps)" and "limitless"
Re: Is There Any GENUINE RICH MAN In Nigeria?? by Nobody: 9:28am On Dec 23, 2012
I am a genuine rich man
Re: Is There Any GENUINE RICH MAN In Nigeria?? by Afam4eva(m): 9:32am On Dec 23, 2012
mosun_ade:

Must every rich man be a billionaire? Read the title properly "Is there any genuine rich man in Nigeria". Have u read it again?

I wish you well in your search.
The topic may not be in sync with the content but what the OP means is if we have any billonaire in Nigeria without government push.

(1) (Reply)

Pro Achebe Don't Deserve State Burial / Jarus' Exclusive Interview With Segun Adeniyi / Achebe : The Sneered Seer By Ayokunle Odekunle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.