Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,288 members, 7,957,742 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 06:56 PM

Odemwingie Tweets About His Exclusion From Super Eagles - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Odemwingie Tweets About His Exclusion From Super Eagles (13405 Views)

An Adorable Picture Of Osaze Odemwingie And His Cute Son / Ini Edo Tweets About Her Crashed Marriage / Photos From Osaze Odemwingie's Wedding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Odemwingie Tweets About His Exclusion From Super Eagles by Effwazobia: 5:25pm On Dec 24, 2012
1forall: To those people questioning whether Osaze can 'behave' like this at WBA, lemme ask, do you think Steve Clarke at WBA would behave as childishly as Keshi appears to be doing now?

Sir Alex Ferguson recently said at a lecture to Harvard academics that dropped players deserved to be told personally, and not left to find out when the final teamsheet is released. See Sir Alex Ferguson reveals secrets of his success to Harvard academics

A good coach needs to know how to manage his players' egos. I think Osaze may have taken it better if Keshi at least pretended to respect him a little by telling him before it got on the news.

A vocal player like Osaze would continue to find it hard to thrive in the national team as long as corruption remains in the NFF, heck the NFF itself is an illegal entity lol!

I support Osaze because he's bold enough to stand/speak up for what he believes in - it's an attribute many of us Nigerians need to develop.

Thanks you so much my brother, particularly for the bolded parts
Re: Odemwingie Tweets About His Exclusion From Super Eagles by Elgaxton(m): 5:40pm On Dec 24, 2012
Until Nigeria is ready to depoliticize everything we will be stagnant for a very long time - mssstchew Odewinge abeg no mind them jor
Re: Odemwingie Tweets About His Exclusion From Super Eagles by Nobody: 6:07pm On Dec 24, 2012
That's a whole fucccking lot of tweet he gotta be bored and hey player that was lame tweet
Re: Odemwingie Tweets About His Exclusion From Super Eagles by mrperfect(m): 6:07pm On Dec 24, 2012
Well, coach knows better.
Re: Odemwingie Tweets About His Exclusion From Super Eagles by AdemolaA2: 6:14pm On Dec 24, 2012
Politics in NFF again. I just hope Keshi knows what he's doing. [color=#990000][/color]
Re: Odemwingie Tweets About His Exclusion From Super Eagles by Nobody: 6:15pm On Dec 24, 2012
topsy1971: This boy should learn how to respect constituted authorities if he intend to be a future leader. Keshi has the mandate to win the nations' cup, and he has the exclusive right to determine and admits whoever fits into his calculations and equations. Osaze, better apologise and keep your head low. Perhaps your oga might give you a late minute consideration. Afterall you are not the only player involved. Why is Martins and Taiye not singing like you.

You mean authority's that has failed us. Bro akk of them cares for their pockets and not to win
Re: Odemwingie Tweets About His Exclusion From Super Eagles by omenziate(m): 6:34pm On Dec 24, 2012
Osaze , why u dey worry urself, by feb 10, dey go don win their brush as usual. Who sits down to watch super chickens play sef? Wayo wayo errwhere for naija.
Re: Odemwingie Tweets About His Exclusion From Super Eagles by SamAfrik(m): 6:44pm On Dec 24, 2012
I like his use of pidgin. There is hardly any govt parastatal dt deserves any respect considering d way things are being run generally.
Re: Odemwingie Tweets About His Exclusion From Super Eagles by tpapi: 6:46pm On Dec 24, 2012
Osaze abeg pass me dat lighter,me sef feel dat thing wey dey give u inspiration to dey yan dust
Re: Odemwingie Tweets About His Exclusion From Super Eagles by dady12: 6:55pm On Dec 24, 2012
it is better for osaze to express himself in a case like this,keshi suppose to learn from siasa's mistake from excluding emyeama during qualifeir, i am now having full understanding of how NFF are dictating for kelshi,people like osase suppose to be included ,because nation'S CUP need experience and osaze have help the country to the extend of considering him in the final list,NFF will always laugh at you(kelshi) if you fail to win the trophy ,they are known for that,i am not saying nigeria cannot do it without osaze but including him would have been an adding advantage
Re: Odemwingie Tweets About His Exclusion From Super Eagles by Xfactoria: 6:55pm On Dec 24, 2012
1. Corruption or no corruption, Osaze is not telling us anything new!!!

2. The guy has ego issues to deal with. How come everyone is against him, even SWAN - Sports Writers Association of Nigeria? Is SWAN also corrupt and its members not exposed?

3. Osaze had squabbles with Laggerback, Siasia and now Keshi. Is Osaze right and everyone of these guys wrong all the time?

The guy is obviously pained that he is being ignored for the AFCON. Keshi mentioned in a press release that Osaze demanded to be Captain of the team. His comments here suggested that is true when he said "Eagles have not had a leader in the last 10yrs". What crap

The guy should leave Nigeria alone and move on with his life. He is obviously a bad blood and his inclusion in the team could prove divisive.

3 Likes

Re: Odemwingie Tweets About His Exclusion From Super Eagles by noskeybaba: 7:03pm On Dec 24, 2012
X-factoria:

2. The guy has ego issues to deal with. How come everyone is against him, even SWAN - Sports Writers Association of Nigeria? Is SWAN also corrupt and its members not exposed?

3. Osaze had squabbles with Laggerback, Siasia and now Keshi. Is Osaze right and everyone of these guys wrong all the time?

The guy is obviously pained that he is being ignored for the AFCON. Keshi mentioned in a press release that Osaze demanded to be Captain of the team. His comments here suggested that is true when he said "Eagles have not had a leader in the last 10yrs". What crap

The guy should leave Nigeria alone and move on with his life. He is obviously a bad blood and his inclusion in the team could prove divisive.

^^ eediaaaat!!

5 Likes

Re: Odemwingie Tweets About His Exclusion From Super Eagles by Wilife: 7:17pm On Dec 24, 2012
Frankly...u just hit d nail on the head.

Osaze is honestly proving to be one hard nut to crack.

Suck it up man and move on...

If the coach does not want u in his team so be it...

Tourneys like the ACN is not for only skillful players but for serious minded players who can bring the team together on and off the pitch.

I'm really done with his noise...
Re: Odemwingie Tweets About His Exclusion From Super Eagles by true2god: 7:32pm On Dec 24, 2012
X-factoria:

I dnt tink its anyway reasonable to defend a truant. This ranting on tweeter is enof to knw his type of person. He dare not try dis rubish in england dat will be end to his career.

If osaze was not left out of the team he wouldnt hav gone on twitters yarning rubish. He simply lack manners. We all knw dat the NFF and many Fed organs ar corrupt, but its not for osaze to tell us cos of his xclusion frm the team. He sure shw a bit of maturity.
Re: Odemwingie Tweets About His Exclusion From Super Eagles by Nobody: 8:26pm On Dec 24, 2012
mrperfect: Well, coach knows better.
which coach? Or dog?

Na d full gist be dis.
In oda developed countries, we have team Managers. Bt 4 nija, na coach, even d coach no fit coach as he like. All d guy(keshi) dey do na follow him oga(nff-thieves wey no like who go talk abt their bad doings) instructn.
Re: Odemwingie Tweets About His Exclusion From Super Eagles by zikclassiq(m): 8:43pm On Dec 24, 2012
#Osaze4Captain

1 Like

Re: Odemwingie Tweets About His Exclusion From Super Eagles by benlay(m): 8:52pm On Dec 24, 2012
To some of us, we say we love Nigeria, I have said that before, but I now maintain that there is not one person or one thing that can change things..... we need to go separate ways, let's reset out mind, let's stop deceiving ourselves.
Hausa, igbo, Yoruba and the other minorities are forcing themselves to live together that's why Peace in Nigeria is so fragile, I'm not asking anyone to agree with me but don't crucify me cos this is my opinion. Nothing is working in Nigeria any longer, other African countries are now mocking us, I just want one thing that works, someone pls tell me.
Re: Odemwingie Tweets About His Exclusion From Super Eagles by Leboska(m): 9:03pm On Dec 24, 2012
keshi & his employer are confused cant even d last time i watched Nigeria match cos it doesnt worth it.
Re: Odemwingie Tweets About His Exclusion From Super Eagles by jmaine: 9:10pm On Dec 24, 2012
Osaze should please shut it angry
Re: Odemwingie Tweets About His Exclusion From Super Eagles by Xfactoria: 9:10pm On Dec 24, 2012
noskeybaba:

^^ eediaaaat!!

Hey dude, what did I do to deserve this? You didn't say you disagree with my views and even if you do, am I not entitled to my opinion?

Why do we have all sorts of animals like you on NL?

1 Like

Re: Odemwingie Tweets About His Exclusion From Super Eagles by deltaforce7(m): 10:05pm On Dec 24, 2012
I blame uncle Jona. He should have stuck to his decision to weed out those assholes in NFF. They are a bunch of rogues. I even wonder why people that are not professionals, people who know nothing about football should be the ones be the ones making decisions on football matters.

The coaches we have had so far, including Keshi, are all after their pockets - after what they can get. Where do we go from here? Uncle Jona should intervene ooo and call the bluff of FIFA.
Re: Odemwingie Tweets About His Exclusion From Super Eagles by Jaggiey: 10:08pm On Dec 24, 2012
I have gone through all the contributions on this matter and it is no rocket science that there are two sides to this feud. This is not only limited to this medium, so many other social fora have also been split over this matter. As for me, I think we should cut the man some slack. I mean Osazie deserves to be heard. He may have gone the wrong route yet he deserves to our empathy. I sense that those opposed to him have been sentimental about this whole matter. It irks that Nigerian fans sometimes display selective amnesia; we choose what to remember and what to forget. We rubbish a man's record because we have fallen out of love with the man. One person emphasized his disagreement with some past managers and submitted that he could not have been right. It must however be pointed out that being right/wrong is not a function of the size of opposition. The fact that several people sleep and lie in this same position does not make it the right sleeping position. Also, the young man is not wired like a typical Nigerian because is he is a mixed breed( not used in a derogatory sense) and so he would not be economical with the truth and would not consider whose ox is gored. He may not have many friends in is his coaches. Another impression I seek to correct is that being respectful is not overlooking the misdemeanor of one's bosses. However, I do not encourage fighting dirty. One thread that has come up has painful to Nigerian fans was Osaze's turning down of national invitations. We may need to reconsider and understand why he did so. He may have sent some message which the passion of the game drowned. If being dropped was settling scores with him or an act of vendetta, then Keshi would have placed personal interest over national interest. Having said this, we must give Keshi the benefit of the doubt. But I hope Keshi will look beyond the bitter side of the whole experience but learn the lessons of people management.

Finally, people should stop comparing apples and oranges. Attitudinal differences between European club coaches and Nigerian coaches will produce differing responses from players. So players' reactions should not be seen as an abuse of privilege but their dissatisfaction with failure of the Nigerian system. The picture becomes clearer when we remember the things we sometimes say to our president and corrupt politicans.

6 Likes

Re: Odemwingie Tweets About His Exclusion From Super Eagles by Jaggiey: 10:08pm On Dec 24, 2012
I have gone through all the contributions on this matter and it is no rocket science that there are two sides to this feud. This is not only limited to this medium, so many other social fora have also been split over this matter. As for me, I think we should cut the man some slack. I mean Osazie deserves to be heard. He may have gone the wrong route yet he deserves to our empathy. I sense that those opposed to him have been sentimental about this whole matter. It irks that Nigerian fans sometimes display selective amnesia; we choose what to remember and what to forget. We rubbish a man's record because we have fallen out of love with the man. One person emphasized his disagreement with some past managers and submitted that he could not have been right. It must however be pointed out that being right/wrong is not a function of the size of opposition. The fact that several people sleep and lie in this same position does not make it the right sleeping position. Also, the young man is not wired like a typical Nigerian because is he is a mixed breed( not used in a derogatory sense) and so he would not be economical with the truth and would not consider whose ox is gored. He may not have many friends in is his coaches. Another impression I seek to correct is that being respectful is not overlooking the misdemeanor of one's bosses. However, I do not encourage fighting dirty. One thread that has come up has painful to Nigerian fans was Osaze's turning down of national invitations. We may need to reconsider and understand why he did so. He may have sent some message which the passion of the game drowned. If being dropped was settling scores with him or an act of vendetta, then Keshi would have placed personal interest over national interest. Having said this, we must give Keshi the benefit of the doubt. But I hope Keshi will look beyond the bitter side of the whole experience but learn the lessons of people management.

Finally, people should stop comparing apples and oranges. Attitudinal differences between European club coaches and Nigerian coaches will produce differing responses from players. So players' reactions should not be seen as an abuse of privilege but their dissatisfaction with failure of the Nigerian system. The picture becomes clearer when we remember the things we sometimes say to our president and corrupt politicans.
Re: Odemwingie Tweets About His Exclusion From Super Eagles by Sirdayor(m): 10:46pm On Dec 24, 2012
Corruptions everywhere, which way forward now? Though looking at it from one side, I feel the guy is taking it too far. But I won't mind if we can get more people that can shout like this guy is doing in every aspect of our country's administration, if only that will bring the changes we desire.
May God help Nigeria!!!
Re: Odemwingie Tweets About His Exclusion From Super Eagles by SimplySEA(m): 11:25pm On Dec 24, 2012
X-factoria:

Yes i luv dis guy and his style and commitment on d pitch! Yes i also agree dat his voice is too loud on d matter! Yes his attitude to coaches hasn't been d best, i agree; but what i'll never agree to is d notion dat d player his feeling bad for being dropped from d list, hence his statements! No....! Letting Nigerians know d truth is a satisfaction already in itself! Has he not turned down an invitation(s) before? Besides, If we tell ourselves d truth, we all kno d persons on d receiving end of him not playing at d tournament ! D coach knows it. Sports writers know it. Nigerians know it. Even u reading this know it! He is d best we have for now and we are definitely at a loss for his absence! D question his "Does nff care If u perform well or not?" leaving behind our best legs is an answer in itself already!
Re: Odemwingie Tweets About His Exclusion From Super Eagles by Nobody: 2:08am On Dec 25, 2012
I laugh at people's deductive reasoning skils.

If Osaze can't go on a rant like this in England, it surely must mean that he's being treated in a way that wouldn't warrant him doing that.
Furthermore, Keshi displayed arrogance unbecoming of someone who only qualifies teams for tournaments without a decent track record at these competitions.
Otherwise what stops him from picking the phone and calling Osaze, one of the senior players in the Eagles set up, to inform him of his decision?
Unfortunately Keshi's arrogance, just like Siasia, will be his undoing.If Ferguson still tells his players personally that they will be dropped, I see no reason why a neophyte u Under-achiever like Keshi can't do same for someone who in my view has given the better part of his career to serving Nigeria consistently.
Unfortunately we live in a country where falsehood thrives and sentimentality reigns.
Ask me how Keshi intends to do well in January, with the rag-tag team he's taking to South Africa.
Those defending Keshi and his Asaba phonetics seem to forget how Keshi was excluded for the same arrogance they falsely accuse Osaze for by Westerhof and used media blackmail to return to the squad and blackball an even better defender Chidi Nwanu till Westerhof realized his mistake in omitting Nwanu.

1 Like

Re: Odemwingie Tweets About His Exclusion From Super Eagles by yoosooph: 4:07am On Dec 25, 2012
@ Jaggiey. [color=#006600][/color]
Re: Odemwingie Tweets About His Exclusion From Super Eagles by yoosooph: 4:13am On Dec 25, 2012
@Jaggiey. Thank you very much for your contribution on this. I am highly impressed and I love every sentences. You have really said it all. The poor man must have been regretting ever coming to play for Nigeria in the first instance and this will be sending signals to other Nigerian sportsmen who have the privilege to play for two countries.
Re: Odemwingie Tweets About His Exclusion From Super Eagles by jude33084(m): 6:22am On Dec 25, 2012
Venchy: Can he talk to his club side manager like that in Premiership, hell NO, he'll have no place in WEST BROMWICH .

Boy talk like an expose player and not an IGNORANT with no diplomatic sense after all this years of exposure.

Afterall you are not MESSI or RONALDO, average player like you, that's why MY dear WENGER never buys people like you.

If Nigeria is well organised , some like Osaze will have no chance at all.

Who dεy Arsenal attack that is better than Osaze? undecided

Anyway, Nigeria football will always struggle as long as corruption aŋԂ misplaced priority is nt taken care of.
Re: Odemwingie Tweets About His Exclusion From Super Eagles by balladin: 6:56am On Dec 25, 2012
X-factoria:

You just said it all. This player is source for negative energy in camp. I've seen a lot of childishness in him even before now. He started out nicely but lost his head with a little fame. Hasn't even played for any serious club in his entire career, yet feels he should have an opinion on every issue. I'll remain grateful to Keshi for ignoring him.
Re: Odemwingie Tweets About His Exclusion From Super Eagles by balladin: 7:05am On Dec 25, 2012
StarBoard: I laugh at people's deductive reasoning skils.

If Osaze can't go on a rant like this in England, it surely must mean that he's being treated in a way that wouldn't warrant him doing that.
Furthermore, Keshi displayed arrogance unbecoming of someone who only qualifies teams for tournaments without a decent track record at these competitions.
Otherwise what stops him from picking the phone and calling Osaze, one of the senior players in the Eagles set up, to inform him of his decision?
Unfortunately Keshi's arrogance, just like Siasia, will be his undoing.If Ferguson still tells his players personally that they will be dropped, I see no reason why a neophyte u Under-achiever like Keshi can't do same for someone who in my view has given the better part of his career to serving Nigeria consistently.
Unfortunately we live in a country where falsehood thrives and sentimentality reigns.
Ask me how Keshi intends to do well in January, with the rag-tag team he's taking to South Africa.
Those defending Keshi and his Asaba phonetics seem to forget how Keshi was excluded for the same arrogance they falsely accuse Osaze for by Westerhof and used media blackmail to return to the squad and blackball an even better defender Chidi Nwanu till Westerhof realized his mistake in omitting Nwanu.

Still not enough justification for Osaze's rants. Osaze was the major reason we missed the last nations cup. Please find the tape and watch those first half misses. At Rwanda earlier in the year the guy's performance was pathetic and after he was subbed, true to type, he complained. He said he was dropped for non footballing reasons, well I think he was dropped for both footballing and non footballing reasons. That guy isn't adding value to the team anymore.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Beauty Queen Fabian Cindy Carries Out Educational Project In Rivers School(Pics) / Big Brother Naija 2019: How To Register And Apply For 2019 Bbnaija Audition / Korede Bello Releases Tracklist Of His Debut Album, "Beloved"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.