Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,128 members, 7,957,238 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 09:37 AM

Osaze Proposed Himself As Eagles' Captain. - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Osaze Proposed Himself As Eagles' Captain. (15838 Views)

Why I Removed Enyeama As Eagles Captain — Oliseh / Woman Defrauds Osaze Of £70000 / Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osaze Proposed Himself As Eagles' Captain. by Kgdavid(m): 10:33am On Dec 24, 2012
i wish some africans would think well....the super eagles already have a captain and yet a so called senior player is putting his name forward for the captainship which is not even up for grabs!! in other words he does not respect the current captain and neither does he respect the decision of the coach who chose that captain. if his outlandish proposition is even entertained that is a recipe for division in the squad barely two/three weeks to a major tournament. is he mad? where in the world have we heard of a person nominating themselves for such captainship of a football team? this is always the decision of the coach. even if there was such a practice going on then it would still be considered tasteless to nominate oneself.

2 Likes

Re: Osaze Proposed Himself As Eagles' Captain. by Joey82(m): 10:36am On Dec 24, 2012
abeg make keshi go sit down.
even joey barton was captain at QPR.
osaze is not as bad as they paint him jare.

1 Like

Re: Osaze Proposed Himself As Eagles' Captain. by hagma37yahoocom: 10:37am On Dec 24, 2012
Osasie and CR7 almost have the same character'Always Serious and Outspoken' what Keshi need from this guy is his talent. Please Keshi stop building on Osasie's past, work with him.

1 Like

Re: Osaze Proposed Himself As Eagles' Captain. by daryoor(m): 10:38am On Dec 24, 2012
win afcon = keep the job

dont win afcon = lose the job

keshi knows this. so, whoever he calls or whatever he does inbetween does not count.
Re: Osaze Proposed Himself As Eagles' Captain. by dabrake(m): 10:43am On Dec 24, 2012
hagma37@yahoo.com:
Osasie and CR7 almost have the same character'Always Serious and Outspoken' what Keshi need from this guy is his talent. Please Keshi stop building on Osasie's past, work with him.
and zlatan
Re: Osaze Proposed Himself As Eagles' Captain. by BabaO2: 10:44am On Dec 24, 2012
Keshi is afraid of success. Give captaincy to a fighter and all battles shall be won
Re: Osaze Proposed Himself As Eagles' Captain. by OmoTier1(m): 10:46am On Dec 24, 2012
Kgdavid: i wish some africans would think well....the super eagles already have a captain and yet a so called senior player is putting his name forward for the captainship which is not even up for grabs!! in other words he does not respect the current captain and neither does he respect the decision of the coach who chose that captain. if his outlandish proposition is even entertained that is a recipe for division in the squad barely two/three weeks to a major tournament. is he mad? where in the world have we heard of a person nominating themselves for such captainship of a football team? this is always the decision of the coach. even if there was such a practice going on then it would still be considered tasteless to nominate oneself.
Do you even watch football at all? Several teams have had people nominate or put themselves up for captaincy without them being branded as outcast. Man city had the same issue not long ago and that was managed as an internal matter.

A coach should earn respect and not demand it. Keshi I believe has not earned the respect of His players and this will be evident in no distant future. I am not against Keshi, but I think His bossy attitude will rock the boat like it did in His days when He was in the Eagles as a player.

To think rightly for a second, cig there was no vacancy in captaincy in Eagle, do you think Osazee would even raise the issue? Don't you think this would have been discussed at some point as Yobo appears to be remembering His real age is +6 of what He claims to be
Re: Osaze Proposed Himself As Eagles' Captain. by Kgdavid(m): 11:01am On Dec 24, 2012
Omo_Tier1:
Do you even watch football at all? Several teams have had people nominate or put themselves up for captaincy without them being branded as outcast. Man city had the same issue not long ago and that was managed as an internal matter.

A coach should earn respect and not demand it. Keshi I believe has not earned the respect of His players and this will be evident in no distant future. I am not against Keshi, but I think His bossy attitude will rock the boat like it did in His days when He was in the Eagles as a player.

To think rightly for a second, cig there was no vacancy in captaincy in Eagle, do you think Osazee would even raise the issue? Don't you think this would have been discussed at some point as Yobo appears to be remembering His real age is +6 of what He claims to be

ok lets assume ur right. why then is keshi upset about it? if here was a vacancy indeed and Osaze was ryt to raise the isuue please tell me why the coach is upset. or is keshi mad?
Re: Osaze Proposed Himself As Eagles' Captain. by andyanders: 11:02am On Dec 24, 2012
texazzpete: How is this a 'bombshell'? Is there anything wrong in a player putting forward his name for the role of team captain?

A whole lot of things wrong my dear. You are to be chosen and not for you to impose yourself on the coach and your team mates. He must have good qualities that will stand him out among his fellow team mates.
Re: Osaze Proposed Himself As Eagles' Captain. by Nobody: 11:07am On Dec 24, 2012
Omo_Tier1: I think this saga reflects the very poor man management attitude of leaders in Nigeria in general. Most people that have commented so far appears to be ignorant of recent history. Can someone remind me why Keshi was called the boss again? Was it not the same Keshi that was dictating for coaches, selecting who should play and not play in the national team, creating cabal of errand boys or have we suddenly forgotten the late Rashidi Yekini's refusal to be Keshi's errand boy?

For crying out loud, if osazee wants to be captain, why should that exclude him from the national team given his vital role in the team currently? How about Keshi setting Him a standard of what He would like to see before He can consider Him as captain? The reason given by Keshi is so lame that it leaves one with the impression that there is personality issues going on here.it is either Keshi is looking to select yes men as team members that would do his bidding or his usual old self is taking over him again.

Osazee may not be perfect and may have had issues in the past with coaches in Nigeria but if one were to revisit those issues, largely they are issues any sane individual would want to protest against for several good reasons.

It is so sad how our national team has been reduced to nothing to the extent that the nations cup is just weeks away and I am barely excited about Nigeria reaching the second round talk less of winning the trophy.

Keshi is the coach,and so can decide to invite or not to invite any player.For the fact that Keshi was selecting for coaches when he was a player shows that those coaches are not suppose to be coaches,in any case very few player in Nigeria history has ever displayed the level of indicipline of Ozase in the National team.Remember That he was instrumental to the removal of sia one as the national team coach.Osaze may be good but,if player like messi can be level headed,then who is Osaze,to me i even blame Keshi for going to the press about this.He has not chosen Osaze for what ever reason,and that should be it.If the team performs well,Keshi takes the glory and if otherwise the blame.the guy has said he will not play for Nigeria again and so why the rant.A good player with a bad and arrogant conduct is a terrible player.Remember Eto,as good as he was then Barca coach has to sell him off because he is a problem in the dressing room.what work for players like messi,iniesta etc is their level headedness and the peace they bring to the team.So if Keshi said he is not taking Osaze to the AFC let him be,for now the guy is supplus to his requirement.

3 Likes

Re: Osaze Proposed Himself As Eagles' Captain. by honeric01(m): 11:07am On Dec 24, 2012
texazzpete: How is this a 'bombshell'? Is there anything wrong in a player putting forward his name for the role of team captain?

You don't put forward, rather you are chosen either by the coach or the players.
Re: Osaze Proposed Himself As Eagles' Captain. by aswani(m): 11:08am On Dec 24, 2012
Kgdavid: i wish some africans would think well....the super eagles already have a captain and yet a so called senior player is putting his name forward for the captainship which is not even up for grabs!! in other words he does not respect the current captain and neither does he respect the decision of the coach who chose that captain. if his outlandish proposition is even entertained that is a recipe for division in the squad barely two/three weeks to a major tournament. is he mad? where in the world have we heard of a person nominating themselves for such captainship of a football team? this is always the decision of the coach. even if there was such a practice going on then it would still be considered tasteless to nominate oneself.

I don't see what the problem is. Osaze feels he should be captain, Keshi who makes the decision as to who is captain decides he shhouldn't. Case closed, everyone move on and do your best for the team in whatever capacity.

By the way, this information should not be in the public domain. Whoever leaked it is showing their immaturity and has an agenda.
Re: Osaze Proposed Himself As Eagles' Captain. by honeric01(m): 11:11am On Dec 24, 2012
daryoor: win afcon = keep the job

dont win afcon = lose the job

keshi knows this. so, whoever he calls or whatever he does inbetween does not count.

No, his official target is to get to semi-final.
Re: Osaze Proposed Himself As Eagles' Captain. by Afam4eva(m): 11:26am On Dec 24, 2012
Gabriel_sylar: how many goals do u score with charisma?
Are captains supposed to be goal scorers? What sort of logic is this.
Re: Osaze Proposed Himself As Eagles' Captain. by Rossikk(m): 11:41am On Dec 24, 2012
Intrepid!:
Keshi should be the bigger man and ignore Osaze's ranting. Securing the title with the players he has selected would be the best way to shut the guy up permanently.

Keshi does not need to win any title to shut Peter Odemwingie up. Who the hell is Odemwingie? All Keshi needs to do is ignore him. Same for the rest of Nigerians. Eventually he'll get the message ie, Not Wanted.
Re: Osaze Proposed Himself As Eagles' Captain. by Rossikk(m): 11:45am On Dec 24, 2012

I actualy believe this Odemwingie buffoon thinks because he's mixed-race he deserves some sort of special status in the team. I've never heard of a player outrightly demanding captainship of even a club, how much more a national team. His effrontery is really something to behold. Thankfully we have enlightened coaches like Siasia and Keshi who do not hesitate to put him in his place.
Re: Osaze Proposed Himself As Eagles' Captain. by muyiwah666(m): 11:50am On Dec 24, 2012
i keep telling people that Siasias Job sabotaged by this same Osaze and co...it was obvious that these guys wanted Siasia out and that was why Osaze kept missing his chances of scoring against Niger...now he thinks Keshi will fall for that?...or has he forgotten that Siasia will continuously discussed this?...

1 Like

Re: Osaze Proposed Himself As Eagles' Captain. by chidexy(m): 11:50am On Dec 24, 2012
Omo_Tier1:

@Omo_Tier1, could it have been that Osaze made the issue of Captainship the condition for playing for the Super Eagles? Remember he hasn't made himself available in the recent past for games or been left out entirely by the coaching crew. Besides, Yobo has been doing very well for the team, both as a player and the captain and he certainly commands the respect of his team mates and what do you think would happen if Keshi yields to his demand and "imposes" him on the team as captain? Certainly, those members who are "loyal" to Yobo would definitely sabotage his captainship and the team's effort at AFCON 2013. So it's better for the team to leave out a player (his talent is not in any way in question), than to cause rancor so close to an important competition. Once we win our first 2 games at AFCON 2013, nobody will remember Osaze again.

P.S. In the perking order in Super Eagles, it's Yobo, Enyeama, Mikel before Osaze
Re: Osaze Proposed Himself As Eagles' Captain. by RoyalRoy(m): 11:51am On Dec 24, 2012
Foolish Keshi...allowing personal issues to cloud his professional judgement.
If he has technical skills, he should be able to see a potential playmaker in Osaze. He is supposed to be converted into a 10. He has pace, passes accurately, uses both legs and not afraid to run on any defender. If he plays 10 and Mikel plays 4, won't we see a more fluid and attacking Super Eagles side? Instead of the Eee...Eeee...Wooo style we are used to. Bloody idiot Keshi...no technical skills nothing. The same way he refused to field Emanuel Adebayo in Togo....and sure he lost his job afterwards!!!! F-O-O-L.

1 Like

Re: Osaze Proposed Himself As Eagles' Captain. by pheesayor(m): 11:56am On Dec 24, 2012
I know an act of injustice when I see it happen, I'll post his tweets later
Peter Odemwingie has used his Twitter account to launch a blistering attack on the Nigeria Football Federation and Super Eagles coach Stephen Keshi.

The 31-year-old West Brom striker was controversially left out of the squad for the African Cup of Nations and vented his anger via social media.

Odemwingie, who would have been playing in his fifth African Cup tournament, tweeted: ‘On my non-inclusion to the Eagles list I am not surprised. Not surprised Keshi and NFF couldn’t tell me themselves. No personality!

‘We talk through press hahaha how come I am the only stubborn one but no ex-Eagles player was sent off from the team with respect?

‘Keshi has no footballing reasons not to invite me but is not saying the truth. He is still in my plans he said haha coach u no dey my plans.’

On Friday Keshi announced a 32-man provisional squad to go to a training camp in Portugal and Odemwingie was not in it.

The player has been at the centre of controversy with his country before and some blamed him for Nigeria’s failure to qualify for the 2012 Nations Cup.

Keshi has since claimed that Odemwingie was demanding to be made captain, which has also annoyed the player.

He tweeted: ‘This might sound disrespectful but Eagles had no good captain for many years. Everyone looking only after himself.’

Odemwingie made his Nigeria debut ten years ago. It has often been a fractious relationship with a series of coaches but the player was still desperate to represent his country.

The fall-out from the row will be an unexpected bonus for West Brom head coach Steve Clarke, who now has the services of his converted wide man in January.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2252785/Peter-Odemwingie-Twitter-row-Nigeria-African-Cup-Nations-exclusion.html?ITO=socialnet-twitter-dmailsports&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=socialnet-twitter-dmailsports
Re: Osaze Proposed Himself As Eagles' Captain. by Rossikk(m): 12:01pm On Dec 24, 2012
Royal Roy: Foolish Keshi...allowing personal issues to cloud his professional judgement.
If he has technical skills, he should be able to see a potential playmaker in Osaze. He is supposed to be converted into a 10. He has pace, passes accurately, uses both legs and not afraid to run on any defender. If he plays 10 and Mikel plays 4, won't we see a more fluid and attacking Super Eagles side? Instead of the Eee...Eeee...Wooo style we are used to. Bloody idiot Keshi...no technical skills nothing. The same way he refused to field Emanuel Adebayo in Togo....and sure he lost his job afterwards!!!! F-O-O-L.

You lack basic common sense. You're there talking rubbish about 'tactics', 'playmaker' and 'ability' while an imbeci.le with an attitude is threatening to tear your team apart owing to his gross arrogance, selfishness and indiscipline. And then Keshi stamping his foot down on that means he's allowing ''personal issues'' to ''cloud his judgement''? What rubbish!!
Re: Osaze Proposed Himself As Eagles' Captain. by Emperor5c(m): 12:06pm On Dec 24, 2012
Troll: I Like Osaze, but the Dude Needs to keep his Manner In Check. But there are two sides to a coin, two sides to a story. Maybe he's seeing things in the NFF and National team setting we are not seeing and decides to play the rebel. How come we don't hear of him misbehaving in his club, why is Nigeria different. There's something we are not being told.
You just stole my thoughts nizzle!
Re: Osaze Proposed Himself As Eagles' Captain. by Rossikk(m): 12:13pm On Dec 24, 2012
^^^What rubbish thoughts?? So because he acts with selfishness and indiscipline in Nigeria but not at his club, it must be somehow Nigeria's fault, not his? You and the poster you responded to must be under the spell (jazz) of this guy. Either that or you're plain dumb and stup.id.
Re: Osaze Proposed Himself As Eagles' Captain. by pheesayor(m): 12:14pm On Dec 24, 2012
Below are his tweets, read without bias pls

On my not inclusion to the eagles list i am not surprised. Not surprised Keshi and NFF couldn't tell me themselves. No personality!

We talk through press hahaha how come I am the only stubborn one but no ex eagles player was sent off from the team with respect

Keshi has no footballing reasons not to invite me but is not saying the truth. He s still in my plans he said haha coach u no dey my plans.

To some who wanna put mouth here please act like men. When two men talk 3rd has nothing to do. So ikpeba s and the rest talk to me face2face

This is all a comedy and our poor fans are being fed with lies while they cutting the cake for them selves.

Nff spokesman told MTN he is arrogant ? I am arrogant ? Why did country's president threaten to close down our federation for two years ?

[size=20pt]Why didn't Lagerback continue with supereagles after world cup ? Chop and run was his plan and they knew it. [/size]

[size=20pt]Nigerian fans voted me nigerian player of the year during world cup qualifiers & I was a spectator in the world cup and I should be quiet? [/size]

Cos after we got olympic silver I didn't say Siasia is ready for eagles he waited till he gets the job to axe me ?

Me and Apam begged him to take Kaita in the olympic team.He told us he wants to play Efe Ambrose there who is a centre back ? Good plan

The only reason me and Siasia fell out was over kits that were not enough cos they were on sale as the olympics were on going. Shame !

A joke from the american team to us - damn brothers ! U ve been wearing this same cloths all the time men !!! ( Will give details later )

Ok that childish thing about shirt aside. WBA needed me back 4 important game and Siasia refused to let me miss a midweek friendly game ?

Were is common sense there ? The game was played in a 80000 capacity stadium with 2000 spectators. That's how important the game was !

They can't spoil my name !!!

That's when I ask my self - do we not have a team captain and federation who can tell its common sense ? And settle the matter ? Na wow oh

Then they don't invite Enyama our number one for a crucial qualifying game cos he complained about a flight or something little? Ridiculous

Then SWAN sends a letter to NFF to warn me. (Sorry about that tweet didn't mean it that way). But tell ur colleagues not to make up stories

[size=13pt]The story is getting long and I don tire. I cared a lot about the team and wasn't passive. [/size]

This might sound disrespectful but eagles had no good captain for many years. Everyone looking only after himself.
shocked shocked shocked

[size=15pt]This might sound disrespectful but eagles had no good captain for many years. Everyone looking only after himself. [/size]

After Afcon in Ghana eagles fans were satisfied with our performance and Siasia after the tournament said I will take u to the olympics

They sacked Berti Vogts after it though and just a month after that Coach Amodu took over! In his first game in charge I didn't even warm up

I had to holla at him and Amokachi his assistant and next games I played and man of the match in half games of the team that year

Whatin I do them self ? Hahahaha

Nff member just called me. Ofcos got insulted. [size=20pt]I told him I sang national anthem for ten years to be treated like this.[/size]

That's it on this. Story ended. No more talks about national team again. I ve said all I wanted. If will be tempted will go off twitter.

If all players will speak out like this, we will have a better team soon. I'm not saying Osaze is a saint but let's tackle the right people first.

***exits thread***

2 Likes

Re: Osaze Proposed Himself As Eagles' Captain. by Ucheosefoh(m): 12:18pm On Dec 24, 2012
Kaxmytex: All dis trash wey una dey say no concern me....all i want is d Afcon trophy bak in 9ja
Gbam no time 4 long story
Re: Osaze Proposed Himself As Eagles' Captain. by Ucheosefoh(m): 12:18pm On Dec 24, 2012
Kaxmytex: All dis trash wey una dey say no concern me....all i want is d Afcon trophy bak in 9ja
Gbam no time 4 long stories
Re: Osaze Proposed Himself As Eagles' Captain. by Rossikk(m): 12:24pm On Dec 24, 2012
pheesayor wrote

If all players will speak out like this, we will have a better team soon. I'm not saying Osaze is a saint but let's tackle the right people first.

***exits thread***

No we will NOT have a better team ''if all players spoke out like this''. It would be a recipe for DISASTER and FIRST ROUND EXIT. Go and learn about team spirit and camarederie and its flip side - indiscipline and selfishness, and their impact on team success before posting anything else here. Alternatively, go form your own national team and instruct your players to each go on twitter to air their individual grievances and 'concerns'.

1 Like

Re: Osaze Proposed Himself As Eagles' Captain. by pheesayor(m): 12:28pm On Dec 24, 2012
Rossikk: pheesayor wrote

No we will NOT have a better team ''if all players spoke out like this''. It would be a recipe for DISASTER and FIRST ROUND EXIT. Go and learn about team spirit and camarederie and its flip side - indiscipline and selfishness, and their impact on team success before posting anything else here.

What's the way out? Do you think players should withstand oppression just because they want to play for country? These people should be encouraged, they aren't well treated at all. Rebellion is not always the way out but it starts a solution process at times. Remember some players never wanted to play for eagles? They have their reasons
Re: Osaze Proposed Himself As Eagles' Captain. by tpapi: 12:36pm On Dec 24, 2012
Troll: I Like Osaze, but the Dude Needs to keep his Manner In Check. But there are two sides to a coin, two sides to a story. Maybe he's seeing things in the NFF and National team setting we are not seeing and decides to play the rebel. How come we don't hear of him misbehaving in his club, why is Nigeria different. There's something we are not being told.
bros can u mention one nigerian player dat misbehaves in his club,am waiting
Re: Osaze Proposed Himself As Eagles' Captain. by Rossikk(m): 12:39pm On Dec 24, 2012
pheesayor:

What's the way out?

The way out? Keshi just showed him the way out!

Do you think players should withstand oppression just because they want to play for country?

What oppression?

These people should be encouraged, they aren't well treated at all.

Most Nigerians would give an arm and a leg to play for the Super Eagles. Not sure what you mean by 'they are not treated well'. These players are heroes to millions of Nigerians and are treated like royalty compared to the average person.

Rebellion is not always the way out but it starts a solution process at times.

You rebel by demanding the team captaincy? By posting insults on twitter?

Remember some players never wanted to play for eagles? They have their reasons

Who cares about them? Not a single Nigerian does. We care about those who want to don the GWG, not those who don't.
Re: Osaze Proposed Himself As Eagles' Captain. by pheesayor(m): 12:51pm On Dec 24, 2012
These players are heroes to millions of Nigerians and are treated like royalty compared to the average person.

And heroes they should continue to be not the humiliating acts carried out against them. For now Osaze has explained himself and I stand with him (due to the antecedents of NFF and coaches) until they state their own side of the story.

Not arguing on this anymore
Re: Osaze Proposed Himself As Eagles' Captain. by caesaraba(m): 12:54pm On Dec 24, 2012
Toh, you are the coach and it's your right to make all the decisions. Whatever happens, just bring the damn Cup back home this time.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Cristiano Ronaldo Tops 2018 ESPN World Fame 100 [Top 10] / Blessing Okagbare Celebrates Her 28th Birthday Today / Susanna Dinnage Appointed Premier League Chief Executive

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.