Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,474 members, 7,819,726 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:48 PM

Osaze Proposed Himself As Eagles' Captain. - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Osaze Proposed Himself As Eagles' Captain. (15747 Views)

Why I Removed Enyeama As Eagles Captain — Oliseh / Woman Defrauds Osaze Of £70000 / Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osaze Proposed Himself As Eagles' Captain. by chidexy(m): 11:23pm On Dec 24, 2012
@Omo_Tier1, I disagree with you on some of the points you raised. Firstly, I don't see any injustice that Osaze is fighting against. Accepted that our level of organization hasn't been up to the European standard that they have become accustomed to. Besides, Aluta in most cases doesn't solve any problem. It's the same issue of players openly coveting the captainship, when there's a "sitting" one still playing that has plagues countries like Cameroon and today, where is their football? If we let this Osaze egoistic run fester, then we'll pay dearly for it. Osaze incase we have forgotten is 31 years old and possibly doesn't have much future in the super Eagles to start with. Same captainship issue (and the way it was handled) almost plunged the German National team into turbulent waters.

You cannot claim that Osaze denied making a claim to the captainship. He tweeted something to the effect that for some years now, the Super Eagle has been without a Captain (read, Yobo doesn't command my respect nor does the Vice Captain Enyeama, unless I am made the captain). We are not daft to see through his smoke screen. While we like him as a player, he's become so disruptive that we'll be glad to fail without him, while taking our chances at succeeding with those who are at least willing (even if not totally happy) at wearing our Jersey and representing the country. We thank him though for his services past.
Re: Osaze Proposed Himself As Eagles' Captain. by manuch(m): 11:48pm On Dec 24, 2012
Alan purdew is a joker if keshi insists their is nothing he can do. Cos fifa can stop him playing any league match

1forall: In today's news: Newcastle United striker Shola Ameobi will not be going to the Africa Cup of Nations with Nigeria - Alan Pardew.

Source: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20837882

Inviting Ameobi made no sense in the 1st place, he's a good player but highly prone to injury hence used carefully by his club.
This is a good chance for Keshi to prove he's got nothing personal against Osaze (even though we all know he does).
Re: Osaze Proposed Himself As Eagles' Captain. by 5much(m): 8:52am On Dec 25, 2012
there is nothing wrong if Osaze proposes himself as d captain.
Re: Osaze Proposed Himself As Eagles' Captain. by Rossikk(m): 9:11pm On Dec 25, 2012
1forall: In today's news: Newcastle United striker Shola Ameobi will not be going to the Africa Cup of Nations with Nigeria - Alan Pardew.

Source: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20837882

Inviting Ameobi made no sense in the 1st place, he's a good player but highly prone to injury hence used carefully by his club.
This is a good chance for Keshi to prove he's got nothing personal against Osaze (even though we all know he does).

Dude please shut your fuc.king dirty mouth and stop accusing the Nigerian coach of rubbish. Do you think Stephen Keshi is your mate? Keshi has been spilling blood for Nigeria since before your blasted asss was born, so the least you can do is get some bloody evidence before launching any stup.id accusation at him here, due to your slavish, brainless worship of some indisciplined, mannerless brat.
Re: Osaze Proposed Himself As Eagles' Captain. by Rossikk(m): 9:21pm On Dec 25, 2012
5much: there is nothing wrong if Osaze proposes himself as d captain.

There is everything wrong with it, seeing that there is no vacancy in that job. I wonder if you'd be so 'understanding' if someone at your office suddenly began demanding your position.

There is every reason to believe that Osaze is a very vindictive person, based on his antecedents. Keshi bringing him into the team and NOT making him captain could well incense him enough to deliberately miss chances and scuttle our hopes at the tournament. Just to get back at Keshi.

He makes vile accusations against everyone using Twitter. He says the FA and the coach ''have no personality''. A gross public insult by any calculations. And some people here are saying we should STILL include him in the team!!

In fact I FIRMLY believe the reason people here worship him is because of his mixed race. Nothing else could explain this. When Etim Esin/Celestine Babayaro/Tarila Okorowanta etc stepped out of line in the past, Nigerans all gathered to condemn them. Nobody made excuses for them. But with ''Osaze'', it's like he can do or say anything he likes, even go on Twitter and Facebook and insult the national coach and FA, and pick and choose when he wants to play, and basically commit blue murder, and yet we have folks here who say he's done nothing wrong and is the victim!

SHOCKING.
Re: Osaze Proposed Himself As Eagles' Captain. by 1forall: 2:44am On Dec 26, 2012
^
But why do you portray yourself like a motor park tout with your utterances?
And there are many strong expressions in your posts, did you just learn those words?

Re: Osaze Proposed Himself As Eagles' Captain. by honeric01(m): 9:21am On Dec 26, 2012
1forall: ^
But why do you portray yourself like a motor park tout with your utterances?
And there are many strong expressions in your posts, did you just learn those words?

Sorry, but what did he say that looks thuggish?
Re: Osaze Proposed Himself As Eagles' Captain. by 1forall: 1:56am On Jan 03, 2013
manuch: Alan purdew is a joker if keshi insists their is nothing he can do. Cos fifa can stop him playing any league match

In previous news, Keshi admits Ameobi problems: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20844286
And in today's news: https://www.nairaland.com/1149144/shola-ameobi-shuns-keshi

Ameobi does not answer their phone calls anymore and they have decided to 'bone'.
Have you any comment about this sir?

smiley
Re: Osaze Proposed Himself As Eagles' Captain. by aribisala0(m): 11:20am On Feb 09, 2013
I wonder whether Osaze has tweeted to congratulate the Super Eagles on their progress
Re: Osaze Proposed Himself As Eagles' Captain. by aribisala0(m): 11:53pm On Feb 10, 2013
I think one thing is almost certain if Osaze was there we won't have won the cup
Re: Osaze Proposed Himself As Eagles' Captain. by Nobody: 1:33am On Feb 11, 2013
aribisala0: I think one thing is almost certain if Osaze was there we won't have won the cup

I tell ya. The guy is too swollen-headed and overrated.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Victorious Golden Eaglets Get N2Million Each / Asisat Oshoala Donates Materials To Pupils In 50 Primary Schools In Lagos. / Zidane Has Rejected Real Madrid Job Already - Ramon Calderon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.