Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,751 members, 7,809,881 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:31 PM

Osaze Proposed Himself As Eagles' Captain. - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Osaze Proposed Himself As Eagles' Captain. (15738 Views)

Why I Removed Enyeama As Eagles Captain — Oliseh / Woman Defrauds Osaze Of £70000 / Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osaze Proposed Himself As Eagles' Captain. by elrony(m): 1:03pm On Dec 24, 2012
Abeg make keshi climb down his high hippo...fine he's d boss buh a player gats to speak up his mind if tinz aint rwily goin ryt...(aint sayin osaze is a saint sha,buh he aint dumb)
I do have dis feelin dat our corrupt NFF abi NFA is seein dis dude as a pain to their dictatorship bottom...
Re: Osaze Proposed Himself As Eagles' Captain. by sshalom(m): 1:09pm On Dec 24, 2012
His exclusion from the team is based on past antecedents and documented squabbles with Siasia. One way or the other, coaches don't like disruptive personalities in their squads.
Re: Osaze Proposed Himself As Eagles' Captain. by tpapi: 1:10pm On Dec 24, 2012
Osaze is a rebel n a traitor,he cannot b trusted in d super eagles team,we don't want any disaffection among the team mates,his axin is a welcom development,dis is certainly d end of d road for osaze vis a vis the super eagles
Re: Osaze Proposed Himself As Eagles' Captain. by franchizy(m): 1:12pm On Dec 24, 2012
In my own opinion, I think the NFF shud persuade Keshi to recall Osaze to the squad since the final list has not been submitted to CAF. We need the AFCON trophy back to Nigeria. Osaze is realy in form at West Brom and wil make an impact if included in the Nigerian squad. Rift or No rift, we want Osaze pls

1 Like

Re: Osaze Proposed Himself As Eagles' Captain. by OmoTier1(m): 1:16pm On Dec 24, 2012
chidexy:

@Omo_Tier1, could it have been that Osaze made the issue of Captainship the condition for playing for the Super Eagles? Remember he hasn't made himself available in the recent past for games or been left out entirely by the coaching crew. Besides, Yobo has been doing very well for the team, both as a player and the captain and he certainly commands the respect of his team mates and what do you think would happen if Keshi yields to his demand and "imposes" him on the team as captain? Certainly, those members who are "loyal" to Yobo would definitely sabotage his captainship and the team's effort at AFCON 2013. So it's better for the team to leave out a player (his talent is not in any way in question), than to cause rancor so close to an important competition. Once we win our first 2 games at AFCON 2013, nobody will remember Osaze again.

P.S. In the perking order in Super Eagles, it's Yobo, Enyeama, Mikel before Osaze

Whilst I acknowledge your point, I beg to disagree that Osazee hasn't made himself available for selection. We all know how directionless the NFF and the coaching crew has been since the last World Cup. Osazee I think has shown commitment and dedication to the team whenever He has been called upon. His stance at not wanting to be oppressed by the privileged few and crooks in the NFF has often resulted in His outburst.

As one of the regulars, do you think it is proper that he gets notified of his non-selection for a major tournament through the print media? On the issue of captaincy, Osazee himself has denied ever making such a request. I am no football manager but as someone who is in a capacity where I lead people with different aspirations, I know too well managing individual expectations of theirselves within a team is a must. It is clear Keshi has failed in doing so hence the outburst.

Your point about him causing rancour in the camp is valid but given the very poor shape of the team, this is not the time LEAVE out players like Osazee. Remember Italy in the last World Cup and also more recently in the European championships? The coach had huge issues its a number of the individuals in the team but came out and admitted openly that given the transition natured the team, it would be fool hardy for him to leave out these talents and to ensure He shapes them up for the tournament and He sure did that!
Re: Osaze Proposed Himself As Eagles' Captain. by OmoTier1(m): 1:18pm On Dec 24, 2012
franchizy: In my own opinion, I think the NFF shud persuade Keshi to recall Osaze to the squad since the final list has not been submitted to CAF. We need the AFCON trophy back to Nigeria. Osaze is realy in form at West Brom and wil make an impact if included in the Nigerian squad. Rift or No rift, we want Osaze pls

Thank you, I watched him in the last game over the weekend, He is in form no doubt and Nigeria will benefit largely from His presence in the team. His pace with the likes of Victor Moses would create problems for the opponents.
Re: Osaze Proposed Himself As Eagles' Captain. by OmoTier1(m): 1:21pm On Dec 24, 2012
sshalom: His exclusion from the team is based on past antecedents and documented squabbles with Siasia. One way or the other, coaches don't like disruptive personalities in their squads.
If you ever manage a team, always know this, disruptive personalities are highly desirable and managing them always help to spur the team to great success. Osazee may no be a saint, however, you would agree most of his outburst is down to injustice.
Re: Osaze Proposed Himself As Eagles' Captain. by OmoTier1(m): 1:26pm On Dec 24, 2012
tpapi: Osaze is a rebel n a traitor,he cannot b trusted in d super eagles team,we don't want any disaffection among the team mates,his axin is a welcom development,dis is certainly d end of d road for osaze vis a vis the super eagles
I hope you know that most of these upcoming players will be watching how their predecessor were treated and that would determine how drive and passion they would have for the national team.
I know the average Nigerian mentality is to axe or silence any dissenting voices and it is no surprise Osazee is being treated in this manner. Look at Alex ferguson, how many times Rooney had said few things about the club that Feggie wasn't pleased with, yet He didn't send him on load to Acrington Stanley wink but dealt with the issue internally and today Rooney is the one carrying the team largely.
Re: Osaze Proposed Himself As Eagles' Captain. by aribisala0(m): 1:27pm On Dec 24, 2012
It is important to respect yourself,your coach and your country as well as your culture.

Regardless of who is right or wrong a National coach is the principal of ALL players and they MUST subordinate themselves.
Osaze seeems to have a problem with that and has shown disdain for coaches several times.

His most recent tweet about "West Brom wanted me back for an important match but the coach won't let me" is a perennial problem with African players.
Never with Brazil ,England Holland or Germany. His suggestion that it is only "a friendly" and he should be allowed to play for the club that feeds him is understandable but WRONG. It is wrong because it establishes the idea that somehow African teams are inferior to England,Brazil,Germany etc. Even if that is the case in financial terms should African players encourage this.

The friendly calendar has been aligned across the world so if Nigeria is requiring him for a friendly it is the same for Tevez,Rooney etc. Why should our players allow coaches to tell them you cannot play that friendly but your English Teammate can play or your Mexican teammate can.

If a player is not chosen he should respect the decision no matter what. To do otherwise is to insult those that are chosen.A team implies people who can work TOGETHER well not necessarily the BEST individuals always.

1 Like

Re: Osaze Proposed Himself As Eagles' Captain. by OmoTier1(m): 1:28pm On Dec 24, 2012
Rossikk:

I actualy believe this Odemwingie buffoon thinks because he's mixed-race he deserves some sort of special status in the team. I've never heard of a player outrightly demanding captainship of even a club, how much more a national team. His effrontery is really something to behold. Thankfully we have enlightened coaches like Siasia and Keshi who do not hesitate to put him in his place.

What has His ski colour got to do with this matter? Did you not read of His interview denying out rightly that He asked to be made the captain? Honestly I am disappointed in your comment. Didn't expect this from your type. Thumbs down dude!
Re: Osaze Proposed Himself As Eagles' Captain. by thekoko007: 1:32pm On Dec 24, 2012
Keshi is a big fool...i know it hard to beleive now but very sooon you will all know.if osaze is rude as hes making nigerians to beleive what happen to martins are you telling me martins has no place in the team and also taye taiwo as well...pls the man is a tribalist....first time a reasonable yoruba man wont be palying in the super eagles
Re: Osaze Proposed Himself As Eagles' Captain. by aribisala0(m): 1:35pm On Dec 24, 2012
those all were in the squad last time what did they achieve ?
Re: Osaze Proposed Himself As Eagles' Captain. by OmoTier1(m): 1:40pm On Dec 24, 2012
aribisala0: It is important to respect yourself,your coach and your country as well as your culture.

Regardless of who is right or wrong a National coach is the principal of ALL players and they MUST subordinate themselves.
Osaze seeems to have a problem with that and has shown disdain for coaches several times.

His most recent tweet about "West Brom wanted me back for an important match but the coach won't let me" is a perennial problem with African players.
Never with Brazil ,England Holland or Germany. His suggestion that it is only "a friendly" and he should be allowed to play for the club that feeds him is understandable but WRONG. It is wrong because it establishes the idea that somehow African teams are inferior to England,Brazil,Germany etc. Even if that is the case in financial terms should African players encourage this.

The friendly calendar has been aligned across the world so if Nigeria is requiring him for a friendly it is the same for Tevez,Rooney etc. Why should our players allow coaches to tell them you cannot play that friendly but your English Teammate can play or your Mexican teammate can.

Firstly, respect is earned not demanded. unfortunately, in Africa, respect is demanded with any commensurate measures. Yes it is a problem with African players because our football administrators are dumb! How many times have you seen Nigeria play friendly on the same day other giants like Brazil, England, Germany play? The other game they played against Venezuela in the USA, how many countries played their friendly that day?

If you have not been following football, need I remind you that , my Arsene Wenger is one coach who have refused players playing international friendly for their countries claiming He needed the players for crucial games. Osazee case is no different. If his club says they need him for a match and comes out openly and tell the NFF rather feigning injury as some have, e.g. Mikel, NFF should have shown some understanding.

I think it is clear that the reasons given for His exclusion from the team is baseless and there is more personal issue involved. Also, in life, just because you are the boss today doesn't mean you would not need the help of another tomorrow. Keshi should remember that He will not be there for ever and he may never know where He will require Osazee's helping hands, so why not make friendship rather than create enemies all over?

I am sure if He had any regard for Osazee, He Keshi would have given Him a call and notify him of His non-selection. Any good leader must be robust in His decisions and do so in a manager that brew peace and unfortunately, Keshi has not displayed this quality in His handling of this matter. Also, can Nilgerians also know why Vicent Eyeama and Oba goal wasn't included in the team?
Re: Osaze Proposed Himself As Eagles' Captain. by aribisala0(m): 1:44pm On Dec 24, 2012
Omo_Tier1:

Yes it is a problem with African players because our football administrators are dumb! How many times have you seen Nigeria play friendly on the same day other giants like Brazil, England, Germany play? The other game they played against Venezuela in the USA, how many countries played their friendly that day?

If you have not been following football, need I remind you that , my Arsene Wenger is one coach who have refused players playing international friendly for their countries claiming He needed the players for crucial games. Osazee case is no different. If his club says they need him for a match and comes out openly and tell the NFF rather feigning injury as some have, e.g. Mikel, NFF should have shown some understanding.

I think it is clear that the reasons given for His exclusion from the team is baseless and there is more personal issue involved. Also, in life, just because you are the boss today doesn't mean you would not need the help of another tomorrow. Keshi should remember that He will not be there for ever and he may never know where He will require Osazee's helping hands, so why not make friendship rather than create enemies all over?

I am sure if He had any regard for Osazee, He Keshi would have given Him a call and notify him of His non-selection. Any good leader must be robust in His decisions and do so in a manager that brew peace and unfortunately, Keshi has not displayed this quality in His handling of this matter. Also, can Nilgerians also know why Vicent Eyeama and Oba goal wasn't included in the team?

This is not true Coaches cannot refuse to release players and so this claim that Arsene refused to release a player is wrong.
FIFA has a friendly calendar and clubs are obliged to release players for OFFICIAL FIXTURES OR FRIENDLIES. Can you give ONE EXAMPLE when Wenger refused to release a player??.

If a country organizes a friendly OUTSIDE the FIFA fixture schedule then clubs are not obliged to release them otherwise they MUST!
Re: Osaze Proposed Himself As Eagles' Captain. by OmoTier1(m): 2:13pm On Dec 24, 2012
aribisala0:

This is not true Coaches cannot refuse to release players and so this claim that Arsene refused to release a player is wrong.
FIFA has a friendly calendar and clubs are obliged to release players for OFFICIAL FIXTURES OR FRIENDLIES. Can you give ONE EXAMPLE when Wenger refused to release a player??.

If a country organizes a friendly OUTSIDE the FIFA fixture schedule then clubs are not obliged to release them otherwise they MUST!
Haha seems you are just new to football world! FIFA. Has ruled again and again that clubs have the right to refuse players playing in international friendlies but that this should be done in a manner that promote good relationship between clubs and countries football association. It is only for major tournaments that clubs do not have much flexibility on players, hence the reason the football association always threaten to report clubs to FIFA when they refuse to release players for major tournaments.
Re: Osaze Proposed Himself As Eagles' Captain. by aribisala0(m): 2:25pm On Dec 24, 2012
Omo_Tier1:
Haha seems you are just new to football world! FIFA. Has ruled again and again that clubs have the right to refuse players playing in international friendlies but that this should be done in a manner that promote good relationship between clubs and countries football association. It is only for major tournaments that clubs do not have much flexibility on players, hence the reason the football association always threaten to report clubs to FIFA when they refuse to release players for major tournaments.

I do not discuss with people who make personal remarks It does not end well. I do not accept your claims.

http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/affederation/administration/ps_792_en-annex_ii_74.pdf

OR PAGE 26 of this

http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/affederation/administration/01/06/30/78/statusinhalt_en_122007.pdf

Can you prove this FIFA claim. Where did FIFA make this RULING
Re: Osaze Proposed Himself As Eagles' Captain. by Zikdik(m): 2:31pm On Dec 24, 2012
Gabriel_sylar: how many goals do u score with charisma?
Ask Torres.
Re: Osaze Proposed Himself As Eagles' Captain. by Nobody: 2:36pm On Dec 24, 2012
The rot in NFF is pi.s.sing osaze off. D oda players are at home wt it bt he's nt. Him & ike uche are d two players dt give their all in every match, yet hav 2 beg 4 their shirts all d time.
Nigeria is a place whr respect 4 elders is put above everythn including nationhood n patriotism. Suffering & smiling is d code.
Re: Osaze Proposed Himself As Eagles' Captain. by aribisala0(m): 2:50pm On Dec 24, 2012
No
utumunta: The rot in NFF is pi.s.sing osaze off. D oda players are at home wt it bt he's nt. Him & ike uche are d two players dt give their all in every match, yet hav 2 beg 4 their shirts all d time.
Nigeria is a place whr respect 4 elders is put above everythn including nationhood n patriotism. Suffering & smiling is d code.

No! respect for institution and office are important everywhere from Brazil to Argentina to Germany.Players are taught to avoid speaking out of turn in public. In fact African players are more disrespectful of their countries than others; E'too,Diouf,Essien,etc .Let us have one example of disrespect from Germany,England or Holland or is it that their players have no complaints?

The honourable thing to do if you feel the occupants of office do not deserve your respect is to resign and then campaign from OUTSIDE.

To remain INSIDE causing confusion is wrong because IT ACHIEVES NOTHING and shows the individual is driven by ego.

Yes there are problems in NFF which Nigerian does not know that but which FA is perfect. The way to change society is not by rioting.
What did Olize achieve with his approach. Whether or not you are righ is not the issue but does your approach get the desired result?

3 Likes

Re: Osaze Proposed Himself As Eagles' Captain. by 1forall: 2:58pm On Dec 24, 2012
utumunta:
Nigeria is a place where respect 4 elders is put above everything including nationhood n patriotism.
..and common sense
Re: Osaze Proposed Himself As Eagles' Captain. by 1forall: 2:59pm On Dec 24, 2012
I read some replies and oh man don't we have a really long way to go
Re: Osaze Proposed Himself As Eagles' Captain. by pheesayor(m): 3:10pm On Dec 24, 2012
Omo_Tier1:
If you ever manage a team, always know this, disruptive personalities are highly desirable and managing them always help to spur the team to great success. Osazee may no be a saint, however, you would agree most of his outburst is down to injustice.

The bolded is the reason why I have spoken in his defense
Re: Osaze Proposed Himself As Eagles' Captain. by sholasys: 3:13pm On Dec 24, 2012
DO we expect much from Keshi ? definitely i dont expect much. Sorry to say this, quarter final is even beyond him. Dont be surprised by their performance come January, the coach is noting but a shell.
Re: Osaze Proposed Himself As Eagles' Captain. by AK481(m): 3:38pm On Dec 24, 2012
Omo_Tier1: I think this saga reflects the very poor man management attitude of leaders in Nigeria in general. Most people that have commented so far appears to be ignorant of recent history. Can someone remind me why Keshi was called the boss again? Was it not the same Keshi that was dictating for coaches, selecting who should play and not play in the national team, creating cabal of errand boys or have we suddenly forgotten the late Rashidi Yekini's refusal to be Keshi's errand boy?

For crying out loud, if osazee wants to be captain, why should that exclude him from the national team given his vital role in the team currently? How about Keshi setting Him a standard of what He would like to see before He can consider Him as captain? The reason given by Keshi is so lame that it leaves one with the impression that there is personality issues going on here.it is either Keshi is looking to select yes men as team members that would do his bidding or his usual old self is taking over him again.

Osazee may not be perfect and may have had issues in the past with coaches in Nigeria but if one were to revisit those issues, largely they are issues any sane individual would want to protest against for several good reasons.

It is so sad how our national team has been reduced to nothing to the extent that the nations cup is just weeks away and I am barely excited about Nigeria reaching the second round talk less of winning the trophy.

The super eagle is not as unfair like those pentecostal university(e.g covenant) where those who built the uni from foundation are finally shut out after completion.so sad!

You do not just walk into a finished house to live for free if you donot join hand in building it.

My point,osaze have no business being in the nation cup in 2013,it will be absolutely unfair to those who played the qualifier to completion only to be dropped for the "big man "to shine and advertise himself for more pay.
If osaze want to be a captain,fine,I ve no problem with that but he should wait after the nation cup,maybe during another qualifier,then he can be considered.

I say this because I want to be just to the likes of victor moses or ahmed musa,or ike uche,one striker must be dropped to "oga bigman" to come in.

I prefer us loosing woefully with those that laboured for the afcon 2013 that win the cup wit the likes of amoebi,osaze,martin,yakubu(ofcourse that imposible sha)

My 5cents!!
Re: Osaze Proposed Himself As Eagles' Captain. by AK481(m): 3:46pm On Dec 24, 2012
thekoko007: Keshi is a big fool...i know it hard to beleive now but very sooon you will all know.if osaze is rude as hes making nigerians to beleive what happen to martins are you telling me martins has no place in the team and also taye taiwo as well...pls the man is a tribalist....first time a reasonable yoruba man wont be palying in the super eagles
Did they play in the qualifiers?
Re: Osaze Proposed Himself As Eagles' Captain. by yertyr(m): 3:52pm On Dec 24, 2012
afam4eva: Even if Osazie has been in the eagles longer than the people there, he doesn't have what it takes to be a captain. he doesn't have that charisma. Vincent Eyeama, Austin Ejide and Yobo will make better captains.

what does he need charisma for? Is he the coach?
Re: Osaze Proposed Himself As Eagles' Captain. by 1forall: 4:44pm On Dec 24, 2012
In today's news: Newcastle United striker Shola Ameobi will not be going to the Africa Cup of Nations with Nigeria - Alan Pardew.

Source: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20837882

Inviting Ameobi made no sense in the 1st place, he's a good player but highly prone to injury hence used carefully by his club.
This is a good chance for Keshi to prove he's got nothing personal against Osaze (even though we all know he does).
Re: Osaze Proposed Himself As Eagles' Captain. by pauloskyo: 4:51pm On Dec 24, 2012
who is osaze to open his mouth to talk abt team captain.He can't lead
Re: Osaze Proposed Himself As Eagles' Captain. by donmatin(m): 6:42pm On Dec 24, 2012
U dnt av any point at all.Where is David beckham?Ruud van nisterooy?Stam?I gueSs still playing for Man u abi?will u stop talking what u dnt knw,Alex wud av sold Osaze d nxt day.Osaze is not as good as day say.One season player,play well dis season oda season will not impress.abegi beta people wen sabi futball day d team .Osaze pack well
Omo_Tier1:
I hope you know that most of these upcoming players will be watching how their predecessor were treated and that would determine how drive and passion they would have for the national team.
I know the average Nigerian mentality is to axe or silence any dissenting voices and it is no surprise Osazee is being treated in this manner. Look at Alex ferguson, how many times Rooney had said few things about the club that Feggie wasn't pleased with, yet He didn't send him on load to Acrington Stanley wink but dealt with the issue internally and today Rooney is the one carrying the team largely.
Re: Osaze Proposed Himself As Eagles' Captain. by kinguwem: 7:11pm On Dec 24, 2012
I'm disappointed in what is going on in the national team. There is no reason for mediocrity. What nigerians expect from the team is good football & a trophy. There is too much retogressive politics in NFF because of money.
Re: Osaze Proposed Himself As Eagles' Captain. by mafioso47(m): 8:31pm On Dec 24, 2012
texazzpete: How is this a 'bombshell'? Is there anything wrong in a player putting forward his name for the role of team captain?
I tyre oo. He knws he has what it takes. He puts forward himself as a captain? Fine. Wat d coach shud av done was to give him tasks and see how well he performs not to use that against him..
Merry Christmas
Re: Osaze Proposed Himself As Eagles' Captain. by mafioso47(m): 8:45pm On Dec 24, 2012
texazzpete: How is this a 'bombshell'? Is there anything wrong in a player putting forward his name for the role of team captain?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Rollover Bets To Millions / Victorious Golden Eaglets Get N2Million Each / Odion Ighalo Not Released By Al-shabab, set To Miss AFCON

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.