Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,786 members, 7,810,051 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:27 PM

Ministers We Should Protest For Their Immediate Sack - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ministers We Should Protest For Their Immediate Sack (1514 Views)

Photos From Shiites Protest For Killing Of Members In Bauchi, Yobe, Kaduna / Ministers We Want: Nigerians Speak As Buhari Unveils New FEC September / Attackers Of Ondo Deputy Governor Arrested ;mimiko Order Their Immediate Release (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ministers We Should Protest For Their Immediate Sack by Nobody: 4:05am On Dec 25, 2012
First of all, we want Barth Nnaji back!

Three major people we want sacked are

Alison Deziani
Ngozi Okonjo Iweala
Olusegun Aganga.
Oruebe

We can not call for Jonathan's resignation as this will be tribalized giving the movement discredit by some sections of the country. To ensure effectiveness, we will start massive protests to sack non performing ministers and ministers with wallstreet affiliations because of conflict of interest.

We can not afford a world bank agent at the lead of affairs in our economy. We will start calling for recommendation of people we know are performers as ministers.

Any presidential appointments will be adequately checked. This is how we the people can slowly start making changes in our government.

We can't keep letting them choose mechanical engineer as Labour minister etc..
Re: Ministers We Should Protest For Their Immediate Sack by toprealman: 4:48am On Dec 25, 2012
You want Barth Nnaji back? What are you on?
Re: Ministers We Should Protest For Their Immediate Sack by Ikengawo: 4:58am On Dec 25, 2012
a better power grid?
Re: Ministers We Should Protest For Their Immediate Sack by Ikengawo: 4:59am On Dec 25, 2012
Why us Iweala on that list? She had Nigeria's debt forgiven by the international community and gave us a sovereign wealth fund so that we can survive economic downturns
she's also the one that taught the nigeria government to set a budget before getting oil so that our budget doesn't fluctuate with oil prices as it was before her and destroying the economy.

5 Likes

Re: Ministers We Should Protest For Their Immediate Sack by Nobody: 5:14am On Dec 25, 2012
Ikengawo: Why us Iweala on that list? She had Nigeria's debt forgiven by the international community and gave us a sovereign wealth fund so that we can survive economic downturns
she's also the one that taught the nigeria government to set a budget before getting oil so that our budget doesn't fluctuate with oil prices as it was before her and destroying the economy.

Yeah we paid $12b that we could have used to develop infrastructures in Nigeria. The opportunity cost of the $12b is the many opportunities that could have been created if we manged the fund well.

Guess the firms that will be investing the Sovereign Wealth fund? Wall street corporations!! Saving money in a bad economy is a lame economic policy. You have to trade off inflation or unemployment and in the case of Nigeria, having a little inflation for a bump in employment rate is safe. Okonjo Iweala is a kuli kuli economist. She is trying to lift the American system and replicate it in Nigeria. Nigeria is not ready for deregulation. We are still prone to economic manipulations owing to the fact that power isn't adequate, citizens have little access to credit, etc..

Okonjo Iweala's policies are draconian and barbaric! Remember she started the deregulation shiit under Obasanjo. Now we have individuals laying claims to common wealth of people. Okonjo Iweal must go. She is a wall street puppet. Nigeria could have serviced her debt instead of paying fucking $12b cash!

How can Nigeria have an account with JP Morgan bank and our finance minister said she doesn't know who opened the account? Billions of dollars! There are banks here that could issuing loans for businesses to expand that these "sovereign wealth fund" and all these uneconomic savings can go into. In an economy like Nigeria's, saving money is evil. Government should be planning how to effectively spend money not ineffectively save money.

Those are my reasons for calling for Okonjo Iweala's removal!!

Her allegiance is not with Nigeria but wall street and world bank. Same thing with Olusegun Aganga.

Olusegun Aganga became member board of chairman of World Bank after GEJ made him finance minister in 2010. We all know World Bank has strategic interest in Nigeria. We want these people gone.

Remember Olusegun Aganga was an Executive in Goldman Sachs. Same company that destroyed the Greek economy. What makes us think he will do well for Nigeria?

I don't think I need to explain about Alison

2 Likes

Re: Ministers We Should Protest For Their Immediate Sack by Nobody: 5:15am On Dec 25, 2012
toprealman: You want Barth Nnaji back? What are you on?

I thought he performed well as power minister.

If there is any reason we shouldn't have him, please state. I'm no ideological bigot; my mind is open.
Re: Ministers We Should Protest For Their Immediate Sack by Nobody: 5:23am On Dec 25, 2012
Why should Nigeria have a bank account overseas? What this means is that the banks monitoring our funds overseas can invest it in whatever they want. We have banks here in Nigeria that we can give strict lending policies and have the banks support projects that they invest in so if the company borrowing the money fails, it affects the bank too.

Taking our money overnseas to save or saving our money in Dollars in evil!! Pure evil!! Evil against unemployed Nigeria. You don't see developed nations having bank accounts oversea..

Why can't we have a sovereign reserve instead of sovereign fund? This way, we can phase out the CBN and instead having our monetary policies handled by the keepers of Nigeria's over all savings locally! Local banks and businesses will have access to these funds and spend it locally this waty, our money is invested in Nigeria and profit is earned. Having a fixed account in a foreign bank is corruption and against our sovereign enttity!

2 Likes

Re: Ministers We Should Protest For Their Immediate Sack by Ikengawo: 5:25am On Dec 25, 2012
I completely agree and why this isn't taken serious is beyond my understanding.

1 Like

Re: Ministers We Should Protest For Their Immediate Sack by Alxmyr(m): 5:47am On Dec 25, 2012
[quote author=0lumide]Why should Nigeria have a bank account overseas? quote]

I can't believe you ask this question.
You are asking why a nation that earn foreign exchange have foreign account...
Infact you need to clap for yourself.

2 Likes

Re: Ministers We Should Protest For Their Immediate Sack by Nobody: 5:52am On Dec 25, 2012
Ikengawo: I completely agree and why this isn't taken serious is beyond my understanding.

No be 9ja we dey? It will take a lot to make the people start being responsible for the government and not government responsible for the people. I prefer the former..
Re: Ministers We Should Protest For Their Immediate Sack by Nobody: 6:00am On Dec 25, 2012
Alxmyr: I can't believe you ask this question.
You are asking why a nation that earn foreign exchange have foreign account...
Infact you need to clap for yourself.

Olodo, don't take it out of context.. I'm talking about other forms of foreign accounts like "sovereign wealth fund" etc..

Remember Libya's sovereign wealth fund is still under some European banks and after Qaddafi, the money just disappeared.

To the tune of 200b dollars which they used propaganda to name as Qaddafi's money when in fact the money belonged to his people.

Nigeria has other accounts in foreign banks. Also, we don't earn much from foreign reserve.
Re: Ministers We Should Protest For Their Immediate Sack by k2039: 6:00am On Dec 25, 2012
GEJ is a confused being, iff he couldn't sack Oteh but refeploy her to sovereign funds while will he sack his ministers except he deem it fit(conflict of interest).
Re: Ministers We Should Protest For Their Immediate Sack by Alxmyr(m): 6:31am On Dec 25, 2012
0lumide:

Olodo, don't take it out of context.. I'm talking about other forms of foreign accounts like "sovereign wealth fund" etc..

Remember Libya's sovereign wealth fund is still under some European banks and after Qaddafi, the money just disappeared.

To the tune of 200b dollars which they used propaganda to name as Qaddafi's money when in fact the money belonged to his people.

Nigeria has other accounts in foreign banks. Also, we don't earn much from foreign reserve.

You showed your foolery by calling names. More over, Libya is not the only country with SWF why select only Libya. Moreso, how does the money in a bank disappear?
Is it that the bank close down or the money turn to water?
Ode....
Re: Ministers We Should Protest For Their Immediate Sack by confusion247(m): 7:29am On Dec 25, 2012
toprealman: You want Barth Nnaji back? What are you on?
Please throw more light on why NNAJI shouldn't be recalled.
Re: Ministers We Should Protest For Their Immediate Sack by Nobody: 7:46am On Dec 25, 2012
Alxmyr:

You showed your foolery by calling names. More over, Libya is not the only country with SWF why select only Libya. Moreso, how does the money in a bank disappear?
Is it that the bank close down or the money turn to water?
Ode....

Sovereign Wealth Fund is not economically wise for a nation like Nigeria! We need to spend money on the right things not save money for Imaginary reasons.

Yes! Libya's SWF was confiscated as Qaddafi's money to stop him from using it to buy weapons during the uprising. Meanwhile evidence showed all the deductions made from the account were used for state reasons not personal!

You are talking in vague terms my friend!! Be clear!

If you want to trade insults, I'm good with trade by barter.
Re: Ministers We Should Protest For Their Immediate Sack by Ikengawo: 8:03am On Dec 25, 2012
The oil boom of the early 70s that gave nigeria a middle class meant nothing when the oil bust of the 80s made them all poor again because we had no buffer for the impact
also, people don't invest in nations that don't have savings. Spending isn't the only way to develop, saving is also a key ingredient.
Re: Ministers We Should Protest For Their Immediate Sack by Nobody: 8:20am On Dec 25, 2012
0lumide:

Sovereign Wealth Fund is not economically wise for a nation like Nigeria! We need to spend money on the right things not save money for Imaginary reasons.

I'm not sure you really understand the concept of a an SWF. You keep harping on "savings, savings" whereas only a third of the inflows into the fund will actually be saved long-term.

The SWF is divided into three: The future generations fund (which you have wrongfully concluded to be the entire fund), the infrastructure fund (which is supposed to fund construction of new infrastucture) and the stabilization fund (which will serve as a bulwark against future drops in oil prices). ALL these concepts are good for our economy and will help ensure even growth over the medium to long term, even when oil prices fall line they did back in 2008.

I'm not a supporter of this administration, but the SWF is a good idea... My only areas for doubt are: 1. Whether the funds are going to be invested in the right channels and in a manner that will benefit Nigerians, and 2. Whether the investment banks managing these funds are not ripping us off while doing so. So what we should be doing is press for transparency with regard to how our national wealth is being managed.
Re: Ministers We Should Protest For Their Immediate Sack by Nobody: 8:21am On Dec 25, 2012
Double post.
Re: Ministers We Should Protest For Their Immediate Sack by Dsage1: 8:44am On Dec 25, 2012
Ikengawo: Why us Iweala on that list? She had Nigeria's debt forgiven by the international community and gave us a sovereign wealth fund so that we can survive economic downturns

Definitely you've been brainwash by the pieces of praise she received from the said international communities and some Nigerians.

Okonjo was a minister when GEJ allotted almost 1trillion naira for the security in the last year budget with notting to show for it.

She was there when FG refused/felt so reluctant to accept Ribadu's report.

She was there when GEJ tells Nigerian that without removing FS,our economy might totally collapsed. Etc and etc

Iweala is good as economist no doubt about it, but managing Nigeria economy requires a thorough knowledge of the society and people within it. This and many other qualities are what Dr. Iweala lack.
Re: Ministers We Should Protest For Their Immediate Sack by Ikengawo: 8:47am On Dec 25, 2012
nothing you listed except subsidy was her area of concern.
Nigeria needs to eliminate that subsidy. Every nigeria with an education has said it needs to go because it's just an excuse to steal money.
We speak of fighting corruption but won't make the hard steps needed to make it happen.
How can you cite Ribadu's report as a good thing in the same post and condemn the two people that tried to eliminate the Subsidy that made Ribadu's report possible?

What Ribadu is telling you in his report is what Iweala was telling you during the occupy protest, but nigerians want to be pro-repot and pro-subisidy.

The government tried to do something about it and the people refused. Ribadu was late.
Re: Ministers We Should Protest For Their Immediate Sack by Nobody: 8:58am On Dec 25, 2012
OP, I am sure you are less educated than I was when I was in the womb, Educated people know that the present batch of Ministers are the most advanced in their fields of endeavors and have served High profile International portfolios worthy of envy. They know their jobs but you dont know your job, which is peeing on bed as a toddler. What you need to do is go and understudy your Local Government Chairman and State Governor, they are the persons who receive allocation monthly from Abuja for your welfare. These LG Chairpersons and Governors have noted that every Nigerian look up to Abuja for solution to their common colds, so they squander the state allocations on their selfish toys. Take your eyes off ministerial cabinet and focus your attention on your immediate constituency representatives (I bet you dont know their names)that you voted to represent you at NASS. Your protest will meet with tear gas and rubber bullet and I will be watching you on my 3D TV getting spanked by the angry policeboys.

1 Like

Re: Ministers We Should Protest For Their Immediate Sack by miiraaj: 9:11am On Dec 25, 2012
Billyonaire: OP, I am sure you are less educated than I was when I was in the womb, Educated people know that the present batch of Ministers are the most advanced in their fields of endeavors and have served High profile International portfolios worthy of envy. They know their jobs but you dont know your job, which is peeing on bed as a toddler. What you need to do is go and understudy your Local Government Chairman and State Governor, they are the persons who receive allocation monthly from Abuja for your welfare. These LG Chairpersons and Governors have noted that every Nigerian look up to Abuja for solution to their common colds, so they squander the state allocations on their selfish toys. Take your eyes off ministerial cabinet and focus your attention on your immediate constituency representatives (I bet you dont know their names)that you voted to represent you at NASS. Your protest will meet with tear gas and rubber bullet and I will be watching you on my 3D TV getting spanked by the angry policeboys.

What positive effect has the advancements in their fields brought to our country? You claim to be educated and you are talking trash. MtCHeeeeW!
Re: Ministers We Should Protest For Their Immediate Sack by PointB: 9:28am On Dec 25, 2012
Billyonaire: OP, I am sure you are less educated than I was when I was in the womb, Educated people know that the present batch of Ministers are the most advanced in their fields of endeavors and have served High profile International portfolios worthy of envy. They know their jobs but you dont know your job, which is peeing on bed as a toddler. What you need to do is go and understudy your Local Government Chairman and State Governor, they are the persons who receive allocation monthly from Abuja for your welfare. These LG Chairpersons and Governors have noted that every Nigerian look up to Abuja for solution to their common colds, so they squander the state allocations on their selfish toys. Take your eyes off ministerial cabinet and focus your attention on your immediate constituency representatives (I bet you dont know their names)that you voted to represent you at NASS. Your protest will meet with tear gas and rubber bullet and I will be watching you on my 3D TV getting spanked by the angry policeboys.

I couldn't agree more with you.

Every now and then idle fellows will pop up here and there and call for revolution and protest. A handful of some of these ignorant muse are die haerd advocate of Buhari, whose main achievement was the truncation of democracy in the name of cleaning up the system. A position that ironical is being advocated indirectly by the Op.

I like the fact that you referred the op to his local government chairman, and to some extent his State governor. Has the Op in anyway held those people, who are directly responsible for his welfare accountable, for their inefficiency? He would rather we gang up against hard working people who are striving to change the course of the nation for the better.

Well, the Op should start his protest, it's been a while I had a good entertainment on TV, since the last botched futile and disgraceful attempted 'coup d'etat' lazily masked as anti-fuel subsidy removal protest. I am equally sure that the Nigeria Police Force need some group of losers to rehearse with. Over to the Op.
Re: Ministers We Should Protest For Their Immediate Sack by Nobody: 9:36am On Dec 25, 2012
0lumide:

I'm no ideological bigot; my mind is open.
o ga fun awon eyan!
Re: Ministers We Should Protest For Their Immediate Sack by Nobody: 9:41am On Dec 25, 2012

I have nothing to debate with you. I absolutely have nothing to say to you other than tell you that I have nothing to say to you.
Re: Ministers We Should Protest For Their Immediate Sack by Nobody: 9:56am On Dec 25, 2012
HNosegbe:

I'm not sure you really understand the concept of a an SWF. You keep harping on "savings, savings" whereas only a third of the inflows into the fund will actually be saved long-term.

The SWF is divided into three: The future generations fund (which you have wrongfully concluded to be the entire fund), the infrastructure fund (which is supposed to fund construction of new infrastucture) and the stabilization fund (which will serve as a bulwark against future drops in oil prices). ALL these concepts are good for our economy and will help ensure even growth over the medium to long term, even when oil prices fall line they did back in 2008.

I'm not a supporter of this administration, but the SWF is a good idea... My only areas for doubt are: 1. Whether the funds are going to be invested in the right channels and in a manner that will benefit Nigerians, and 2. Whether the investment banks managing these funds are not ripping us off while doing so. So what we should be doing is press for transparency with regard to how our national wealth is being managed.

The same lies she told us during OBJ's tenure. Have those infrastructures changed? The best way to save money is to spend that money on developing the people. If you don't develop the people, the savings will pludered, looted etc.. like it is being plundered right now. Nigeria's economy is dying and saving money is evil!! Pure evil!

We need money for infrastructures. Build federal roads, put toll gates so the funds are gotten back. Not save the money and say you are keeping it for the next generation. Which next generation? Are ye nuts? If you develop the people, the next generation be just fine! You guys really need to stop being so simple minded and have a grasp. Use the money to develop another revenue generating industry not build our future on future oil prices. Stabilization funds? All these funds are saved in foreign banks in foreign currencies when Nigerian firms are dying off for lack of access of credit? stabilization? Are ye nuts?

Well, JP Morgan bank already showed interest in investing with our sovereign wealth fund. While great business ideas are dying off because they can't be funded in Nigeria?
Are ye nuts?
Re: Ministers We Should Protest For Their Immediate Sack by lacasa: 10:01am On Dec 25, 2012
0lumide:

I have nothing to debate with you. I absolutely have nothing to say to you other than tell you that I have nothing to say to you.

Best answer for that sycophant angry

1 Like

Re: Ministers We Should Protest For Their Immediate Sack by Nobody: 10:16am On Dec 25, 2012
Ikengawo: The oil boom of the early 70s that gave nigeria a middle class meant nothing when the oil bust of the 80s made them all poor again because we had no buffer for the impact
also, people don't invest in nations that don't have savings. Spending isn't the only way to develop, saving is also a key ingredient.

You are wrong. Corruption killed the middle class. IBB buried them. Shagari, OBJ, IBB and now GEJ have bowed down to IMF and are bringing untold hardship on Nigerians.
Re: Ministers We Should Protest For Their Immediate Sack by seunfly: 11:35am On Dec 25, 2012
*Dezani alinson for her recording breaking coruption in the oil sector.
*stella oduha although she is doing very well in aviation but the way she allegedly managed the recriutment in aviation ministry was bad.
*minister of interior: all organisation that recriuted in the ministry fumbled big time especialy the way they alocated slot among themself and the wicked politician who stole our money and now they are stealing our jobs.
*orubebe: with alocation the ministry his collecting every month i can't believe east-west road still don't have any road map or pland to construct it, even if it is PPP agreements that will lead to tolling of the road.
Others are:
*sanusi lamido sanusi CBN
*ibrahim lamude EFCC
*ruben abati
*doyin okupe
the man that oga jeg must call back is
* prof barth inaji
Re: Ministers We Should Protest For Their Immediate Sack by Nobody: 6:09pm On Dec 25, 2012
seunfly: *Dezani alinson for her recording breaking coruption in the oil sector.
*stella oduha although she is doing very well in aviation but the way she allegedly managed the recriutment in aviation ministry was bad.
*minister of interior: all organisation that recriuted in the ministry fumbled big time especialy the way they alocated slot among themself and the wicked politician who stole our money and now they are stealing our jobs.
*orubebe: with alocation the ministry his collecting every month i can't believe east-west road still don't have any road map or pland to construct it, even if it is PPP agreements that will lead to tolling of the road.
Others are:
*sanusi lamido sanusi CBN
*ibrahim lamude EFCC
*ruben abati
*doyin okupe
the man that oga jeg must call back is
* prof barth inaji

Funny enough, I shared apartment with Stellah Oduah's nephew in New York. How did she manage the Aviation recruitment?

Nepotism?
Re: Ministers We Should Protest For Their Immediate Sack by Standing5(m): 6:16pm On Dec 25, 2012
What about ministries that need to be scrapped? A redundant ministry has a 99% chance of producing epileptic results.
Re: Ministers We Should Protest For Their Immediate Sack by Nobody: 6:44pm On Dec 25, 2012
Standing5: What about ministries that need to be scrapped? A redundant ministry has a 99% chance of producing epileptic results.

List them..

(1) (2) (Reply)

A Case For A Sweeping Reform Of The Nigeria Police / Pics: Olaolu Femi, Nigerian Student Facing Life Imprisonment In Ukraine Is Free! / Custom Officer In Deep Mess Over Attempt To Sleep With A Rev Sister

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.