Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,658 members, 7,820,297 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:42 PM

Ministers We Should Protest For Their Immediate Sack - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ministers We Should Protest For Their Immediate Sack (1517 Views)

Photos From Shiites Protest For Killing Of Members In Bauchi, Yobe, Kaduna / Ministers We Want: Nigerians Speak As Buhari Unveils New FEC September / Attackers Of Ondo Deputy Governor Arrested ;mimiko Order Their Immediate Release (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ministers We Should Protest For Their Immediate Sack by nduchucks: 7:05pm On Dec 25, 2012
0lumide:

I thought he performed well as power minister.

If there is any reason we shouldn't have him, please state. I'm no ideological bigot; my mind is open.

Nnaji had conflicts of interests which were severe enough to warrant his resignation. He should have known better and recused himself from decisions which would be affected by the conflicting interests, but he tried to beat the system and got caught. Why would you want such a minister back?

1 Like

Re: Ministers We Should Protest For Their Immediate Sack by drnoel: 7:08pm On Dec 25, 2012
u forgot minister of works
Re: Ministers We Should Protest For Their Immediate Sack by Nobody: 7:49pm On Dec 25, 2012
ndu_chucks:

Nnaji had conflicts of interests which were severe enough to warrant his resignation. He should have known better and recused himself from decisions which would be affected by the conflicting interests, but he tried to beat the system and got caught. Why would you want such a minister back?

I think he voluntarily resigned not because he was caught. Prove your statement!

drnoel: u forgot minister of works

And the ministry itself needs to be scrapped or annexed.
Re: Ministers We Should Protest For Their Immediate Sack by nduchucks: 7:57pm On Dec 25, 2012
0lumide:

I think he voluntarily resigned not because he was caught. Prove your statement!

You sound like a reasonable person. Would you care to tell me why a high performing popular minister would tender a resignation when his skills are needed the most? All could not have been well for him to have resigned abruptly.
Re: Ministers We Should Protest For Their Immediate Sack by Nobody: 7:58pm On Dec 25, 2012
ndu_chucks:

You sound like a reasonable person. Would you care to tell me why a high performing popular minister would tender a resignation when his skills are needed the most? All could not have been well for him to have resigned abruptly.

I think resigned because of the same conflict of interest but voluntarily not because he couldn't have gone the Alison Madueke way.
Re: Ministers We Should Protest For Their Immediate Sack by Afam4eva(m): 8:30pm On Dec 25, 2012
How did we arrive at the ministers that should be sacked. It's not like any sector in Nigeria is working. And how do you call for the sack of ministers that were appointed by the president who according to you should still sit pretty just because a call for his resignation will whip up tribal sentiments. This is just a case of using these ministers as scape goats cos a minister is only as good as his principal. I say burn down Aso rock. that's if we get the liver. Else, let's sit pretty and continue our age long delusional pledge "Nigeria go better".

1 Like

Re: Ministers We Should Protest For Their Immediate Sack by nduchucks: 8:31pm On Dec 25, 2012
0lumide:

I think resigned because of the same conflict of interest but voluntarily not because he couldn't have gone the Alison Madueke way.

Whether the resignation was voluntary or not, is not the issue. The issue is that he resigned or was forced to resign because of a conflict of interest which he was aware of but did not properly safeguard. If he had taken appropriate actions to deal with the conflicts of interest before they affected his job, he would have remained a minister today. That to me, is failure.

He does not deserve a second chance, he blew his chance.
Re: Ministers We Should Protest For Their Immediate Sack by Seun(m): 8:51pm On Dec 25, 2012
ndu_chucks: Whether the resignation was voluntary or not, is not the issue. The issue is that he resigned or was forced to resign because of a conflict of interest which he was aware of but did not properly safeguard. If he had taken appropriate actions to deal with the conflicts of interest before they affected his job, he would have remained a minister today. That to me, is failure. He does not deserve a second chance, he blew his chance.
If we know that the power sector will do better under the Professor than it will under someone else, we should give him another chance. Other considerations are not so relevant. We are not punishing the professor for his mistake; we're punishing the country, and that's not right.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ministers We Should Protest For Their Immediate Sack by nduchucks: 9:08pm On Dec 25, 2012
Seun:
If we know that the power sector will do better under the Professor than it will under someone else, we should give him another chance. Other considerations are not so relevant. We are not punishing the professor for his mistake; we're punishing the country, and that's not right.

Good point, but I don't believe that he is the only one who can perform. There are quite a few people who can actually do better than he has done without the baggage of conflicts. Given that he owns a generation plant and other power related assets, a bad cloud and distraction may mar his tenure.
Re: Ministers We Should Protest For Their Immediate Sack by TRUTHTELA: 9:09pm On Dec 25, 2012
0lumide: First of all, we want Barth Nnaji back!

Three major people we want sacked are

Alison Deziani
Ngozi Okonjo Iweala
Olusegun Aganga.
Oruebe

We can not call for Jonathan's resignation as this will be tribalized giving the movement discredit by some sections of the country. To ensure effectiveness, we will start massive protests to sack non performing ministers and ministers with wallstreet affiliations because of conflict of interest.

We can not afford a world bank agent at the lead of affairs in our economy. We will start calling for recommendation of people we know are performers as ministers.

Any presidential appointments will be adequately checked. This is how we the people can slowly start making changes in our government.

We can't keep letting them choose mechanical engineer as Labour minister etc..

You added Iweala, cos, she left her world class paying job to come and help fix your ROTTEN, CRIMINAL INFESTED, FAILED REPUBLIC?? Is not your fault. What do you know about her? Has any Minister resigned from Govt in the history of Nigeria? She left Obasanjo's, (PETTY THIEF) Government honorably. I mean, she would have been the Foreign Affairs Minister and be making her Millions comfortably, but, her INTEGRITY and REPUTATION matters to her. Wake up!!!

Any change you want to see in your beloved country, has to start at the VOTING BOOTH. Vote RIGHT, Don't allow Obasanjo, to appoint another ROGUE for you as the President.
Re: Ministers We Should Protest For Their Immediate Sack by Afam4eva(m): 9:10pm On Dec 25, 2012
ndu_chucks:

Good point, but I don't believe that he is the only one who can perform. There are quite a few people who can actually do better than he has done without the baggage of conflicts. Given that he owns a generation plant and other power related assets, a bad cloud and distraction may mar his tenure.
I think we've been saying this for decades without actually seeing these people.

1 Like

Re: Ministers We Should Protest For Their Immediate Sack by nduchucks: 9:18pm On Dec 25, 2012
afam4eva:
I think we've been saying this for decades without actually seeing these people.

True, but that does not make the statement false.
Re: Ministers We Should Protest For Their Immediate Sack by Nobody: 9:31pm On Dec 25, 2012
TRUTHTELA:

You added Iweala, cos, she left her world class paying job to come and help fix your ROTTEN, CRIMINAL INFESTED, FAILED REPUBLIC?? Is not your fault. What do you know about her? Has any Minister resigned from Govt in the history of Nigeria? She left Obasanjo's, (PETTY THIEF) Government honorably. I mean, she would have been the Foreign Affairs Minister and be making her Millions comfortably, but, her INTEGRITY and REPUTATION matters to her. Wake up!!!

Any change you want to see in your beloved country, has to start at the VOTING BOOTH. Vote RIGHT, Don't allow Obasanjo, to appoint another ROGUE for you as the President.

Dude, I told you on your thread, I won't debate issues you continue to see through your simple and unsophisticated mind with you.
Re: Ministers We Should Protest For Their Immediate Sack by Nobody: 9:34pm On Dec 25, 2012
ndu_chucks:

Good point but if we can't find a better performer, we have Barth Nnaji to fall back on. But on the real, I'm sure we can find better performers from all corners of Nigeria.
Re: Ministers We Should Protest For Their Immediate Sack by TRUTHTELA: 9:37pm On Dec 25, 2012
0lumide:

Dude, I told you on your thread, I won't debate issues you continue to see through your simple and unsophisticated mind.

Don't get EMOTIONAL, or CHICKEN OUT. Bring 'em on and take me on my IGNORANCE. I thought you're "knowledgeable", pls, OBJECTIVELY, educate me, I want to learn from an "ENCYCLOPEDIA".
Re: Ministers We Should Protest For Their Immediate Sack by Nobody: 9:46pm On Dec 25, 2012
TRUTHTELA:

Don't get EMOTIONAL, or CHICKEN OUT. Bring 'em on and take me on my IGNORANCE. I thought you're "knowledgeable", pls, OBJECTIVELY, educate me, I want to learn from an "ENCYCLOPEDIA".

Go read my previous responses. And on your religiously bigoted thread, I want you to go watch the video I posted.

The Video is by Michael Tsarion- A genius in occult psychology. Go learn..

Sophistication is not a natural talent. It's learned. You can learn too, unless of course you are been paid to stay ignorant and negatively simple minded. Negatively simple minded Because the aim of sophistication is to get through complex thoughts in the simplest form possible.
Re: Ministers We Should Protest For Their Immediate Sack by Nobody: 9:56pm On Dec 25, 2012
afam4eva: How did we arrive at the ministers that should be sacked. It's not like any sector in Nigeria is working. And how do you call for the sack of ministers that were appointed by the president who according to you should still sit pretty just because a call for his resignation will whip up tribal sentiments. This is just a case of using these ministers as scape goats cos a minister is only as good as his principal. I say burn down Aso rock. that's if we get the liver. Else, let's sit pretty and continue our age long delusional pledge "Nigeria go better".

Trust me, if it were a Yoruba president doing this, I would join the protest for his resignation.

But we should have learned our lessons from the occupy Nigeria protest. The new ridicule for truth in Nigeria is to accuse the truth of tribalism.

By the time we force him to sack is appointed, he should get the message. And if he doesn't listen, we can start protesting for his resignation. He is a figure head anyways.
Re: Ministers We Should Protest For Their Immediate Sack by Seun(m): 10:54pm On Dec 25, 2012
ndu_chucks: Good point, but I don't believe that he is the only one who can perform. There are quite a few people who can actually do better than he has done without the baggage of conflicts. Given that he owns a generation plant and other power related assets, a bad cloud and distraction may mar his tenure.
For many decades we have had bad performers, so I'm not confident about our chances of getting a good performer this time. We could just ask him to sell the power-related assets; they are useless anyway if the power sector reforms are derailed by a less competent successor.
Re: Ministers We Should Protest For Their Immediate Sack by TRUTHTELA: 11:05pm On Dec 25, 2012
0lumide:

Go read my previous responses. And on your religiously bigoted thread, I want you to go watch the video I posted.

The Video is by Michael Tsarion- A genius in occult psychology. Go learn..

Sophistication is not a natural talent. It's learned. You can learn too, unless of course you are been paid to stay ignorant and negatively simple minded. Negatively simple minded Because the aim of sophistication is to get through complex thoughts in the simplest form possible.

Very funny, what do you know about SOPHISTICATION? Hey, you don't just become sophisticated simply cos, you went to Libya or watched a video. It's a gradual process ,firstly, you have to be OBJECTIVE minded and KNOWLEDGEABLE, then we can talk.
Re: Ministers We Should Protest For Their Immediate Sack by omosexy1: 12:05am On Dec 26, 2012
Billyonaire: OP, I am sure you are less educated than I was when I was in the womb, Educated people know that the present batch of Ministers are the most advanced in their fields of endeavors and have served High profile International portfolios worthy of envy. They know their jobs but you dont know your job, which is peeing on bed as a toddler. What you need to do is go and understudy your Local Government Chairman and State Governor, they are the persons who receive allocation monthly from Abuja for your welfare. These LG Chairpersons and Governors have noted that every Nigerian look up to Abuja for solution to their common colds, so they squander the state allocations on their selfish toys. Take your eyes off ministerial cabinet and focus your attention on your immediate constituency representatives (I bet you dont know their names)that you voted to represent you at NASS. Your protest will meet with tear gas and rubber bullet and I will be watching you on my 3D TV getting spanked by the angry policeboys.

Well said but not need to be harsh and insultive. We should be fighting our state governors, L.G Chairmen, Counsellors.
Re: Ministers We Should Protest For Their Immediate Sack by omosexy1: 12:05am On Dec 26, 2012
Billyonaire: OP, I am sure you are less educated than I was when I was in the womb, Educated people know that the present batch of Ministers are the most advanced in their fields of endeavors and have served High profile International portfolios worthy of envy. They know their jobs but you dont know your job, which is peeing on bed as a toddler. What you need to do is go and understudy your Local Government Chairman and State Governor, they are the persons who receive allocation monthly from Abuja for your welfare. These LG Chairpersons and Governors have noted that every Nigerian look up to Abuja for solution to their common colds, so they squander the state allocations on their selfish toys. Take your eyes off ministerial cabinet and focus your attention on your immediate constituency representatives (I bet you dont know their names)that you voted to represent you at NASS. Your protest will meet with tear gas and rubber bullet and I will be watching you on my 3D TV getting spanked by the angry policeboys.

Well said but not need to be harsh and insultive. We should be fighting our state governors, L.G Chairmen, Counsellors.

(1) (2) (Reply)

A Case For A Sweeping Reform Of The Nigeria Police / EXPOSED: Sanusi Lamido's Sexual Escapades With Married Lover Revealed (photo) / Deportation Saga Which Is Really The Truth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.