Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,526 members, 7,770,337 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 09:34 AM

Bankole Solomon Criticizes Pastor Adeboye Over Politicians - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bankole Solomon Criticizes Pastor Adeboye Over Politicians (16665 Views)

Pastor Adeboye Buys Gulfstream Jet, Starts Luxury Airline (Photo) / 2014 Prophecies By Pastor Adeboye (RCCG) / Bankole Solomon Apologises To Adeboye Over Politicians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bankole Solomon Criticizes Pastor Adeboye Over Politicians by honeric01(m): 9:13pm On Dec 25, 2012
A former pastor of the Redeemed Christian Church of God (RCCG), Bankole Solomon, has criticized the General Overseer of the church, Pastor E A Adeboye, for allowing politicians into their annual RCCG Holy Ghost congress.

This is Bankole Solomon's full statement:

"I know this post will attract a sharp condemnation because I worship in RCCG and I was once a pastor before I resigned voluntarily because of rights violations in the name of religion. I resigned in December 2010 but I am still worshiping there as an ordinary member. So, whatever I have here is without prejudice.

"Holy ghost congress of our great church is now a political congress where all shades of corrupt leaders will mount our altar to fool Nigerians on what they will do.

"Holy Ghost congress is now a supermarket where all kinds of people like charlatans and political opportunist come shopping turning God to father Christmas to give them end of the year bonus.
"Jonathan was even there turning our once sacred altar to political podium talking deceitfully and indirectly campaigning for 2015. My question is this? On what ground was president Jonathan allowed to speak to people. Is he a pastor? Because the gathering is purely a spiritual gathering and event.

"I've been a pastor in Redeemed for the past 10 years and I've not got any opportunity to sit on that altar not to talk of holding mic. If because Jonathan is a President and he is recognized, it means some are more equal than others.

"Immediately I left camp on Saturday morning, I looked at the camp very well because I know that would be the last time I will set my foot to that Eagle Square called Redeemed camp."

WHAT DO YOU THINK? DO YOU AGREE WITH BANKOLE?

source: 99.3 Nigeria info.

9 Likes

Re: Bankole Solomon Criticizes Pastor Adeboye Over Politicians by yorke1: 10:37pm On Dec 25, 2012
No comment!

1 Like

Re: Bankole Solomon Criticizes Pastor Adeboye Over Politicians by Image123(m): 7:01pm On Dec 26, 2012
jealousy

2 Likes

Re: Bankole Solomon Criticizes Pastor Adeboye Over Politicians by honeric01(m): 7:35pm On Dec 26, 2012
Image123: jealousy

Jealousy? How?
Re: Bankole Solomon Criticizes Pastor Adeboye Over Politicians by manmustwac(m): 9:21pm On Dec 26, 2012
Politicians going to donate 10% of their lootings to adebayo in order to get forgiveness for this years looting. undecided

4 Likes

Re: Bankole Solomon Criticizes Pastor Adeboye Over Politicians by Image123(m): 11:48am On Dec 27, 2012
honeric01:

Jealousy? How?
how? ask bankole the jealous.
Re: Bankole Solomon Criticizes Pastor Adeboye Over Politicians by Nobody: 2:03pm On Dec 27, 2012
Good afternoon sir,
I read through your post and really became distressed by some of the things I noted.

The name Bankole actually does not ring a bell but he won my admiration when I read that he voluntarily decided to resign as a pastor despite it's inherent benefits.

But despite my sentiments, I believe his decision to resign is not a good one. It is one thing to resign due to age or il-health and anotheer to resign due to some personal ish. One might be tempted to ask why he became a pastor in the first place. Was he convinced that he got the call from God or he just wanted to try his hands on it?

I believe he would have been able to fight the wrongs better as a pastor. This has to do with correcting a brother who he feels has done wrong. Paul was faced with the same situation in his time but he preferred to stay and correct rather than go to hide somewhere because of his personal grouse.

Galatians 2:11-14

"11 But when Peter came to Antioch, I opposed him in public, because he was clearly wrong. 12 Before some men who had been sent by James arrived there, Peter had been eating with the Gentile believers. But after these men arrived, he drew back and would not eat with the Gentiles, because he was afraid of those who were in favor of circumcising them. 13 The other Jewish believers also started acting like cowards along with Peter; and even Barnabas was swept along by their cowardly action. 14 When I saw that they were not walking a straight path in line with the truth of the gospel, I said to Peter in front of them all, “You are a Jew, yet you have been living like a Gentile, not like a Jew. How, then, can you try to force Gentiles to live like Jews?”

Thank you!

16 Likes

Re: Bankole Solomon Criticizes Pastor Adeboye Over Politicians by honeric01(m): 2:13pm On Dec 27, 2012
Image123:
how? ask bankole the jealous.

You said he was jealous, so let us know why, it wasn't Bankole that said he was jealous.

1 Like

Re: Bankole Solomon Criticizes Pastor Adeboye Over Politicians by Nobody: 2:16pm On Dec 27, 2012
I tire
Re: Bankole Solomon Criticizes Pastor Adeboye Over Politicians by Nobody: 2:18pm On Dec 27, 2012
Who am I to judge? God will do that.

1 Like

Re: Bankole Solomon Criticizes Pastor Adeboye Over Politicians by finsulyman: 2:19pm On Dec 27, 2012
wetin concern me
Re: Bankole Solomon Criticizes Pastor Adeboye Over Politicians by k2039: 2:19pm On Dec 27, 2012
[color=soyouquotedme]@Mod. This news made front page some few days ago and it's been sorted out [/color]
www.nairaland.com/1140769/holy-ghost-congress-political-congress

1 Like

Re: Bankole Solomon Criticizes Pastor Adeboye Over Politicians by asudan: 2:20pm On Dec 27, 2012
why adeboye,what of politicians that visit TB Joshua,ayo orisejafor n others, y didn't you condemn dem.what is so special about adeboye?that warrant insult fro his fellow colleague cos no smoke without fire.
Re: Bankole Solomon Criticizes Pastor Adeboye Over Politicians by Nobody: 2:21pm On Dec 27, 2012
Well Bankole or watever d fact remain dat father G.O is stil d most influencial person in africa bankole hav no right 2 condem him.poster can u pls giv us d reason he resign,very 4unny a pastor resign 4rm God work.1der shal neva end.but am nt happy 2 c smeone like jona on our alter its a spit on our face.
Re: Bankole Solomon Criticizes Pastor Adeboye Over Politicians by eleyigbo: 2:21pm On Dec 27, 2012
it is well

1 Like

Re: Bankole Solomon Criticizes Pastor Adeboye Over Politicians by DonaldGenes(m): 2:23pm On Dec 27, 2012
Hmmmph!!siqhs* this matter pass my head ooo
I no want add or subtract!!let God do His will

2 Likes

Re: Bankole Solomon Criticizes Pastor Adeboye Over Politicians by SisiKill1: 2:26pm On Dec 27, 2012
Abegi, leave GEJ alone ooh. He is only doing what men have done for ages..

You wanna catch fish, you use worms as bait.

You wanna catch flies, you use honey.

You wanna catch rats, you use oily food.

You wanna catch senseless People, you use the church.

I think it is nice the Pastors have no qualms sharing their sheeples. I guess being a member of the making false promises group means you can tap into other member's resources.

5 Likes

Re: Bankole Solomon Criticizes Pastor Adeboye Over Politicians by sessydoo(m): 2:26pm On Dec 27, 2012
how many times una go post this same story

1 Like

Re: Bankole Solomon Criticizes Pastor Adeboye Over Politicians by miteolu(m): 2:28pm On Dec 27, 2012
This guy is looking for popularity of which he curses are showering on his head.

1 Like

Re: Bankole Solomon Criticizes Pastor Adeboye Over Politicians by markus1133: 2:32pm On Dec 27, 2012
no comment!
Re: Bankole Solomon Criticizes Pastor Adeboye Over Politicians by plendil: 2:32pm On Dec 27, 2012
Sisi_Kill: Abegi, leave GEJ alone ooh. He is only doing what men have done for ages..

You wanna catch senseless People, you go to church.

I think it is nice the Pastors have no qualms sharing their sheeples. I guess being a member of the making false promises group means you can tap into other member's resources.

are you okay? undecided

BTW how many time una go recycle this thread?
Re: Bankole Solomon Criticizes Pastor Adeboye Over Politicians by mayoroflag(m): 2:33pm On Dec 27, 2012
"I've been a pastor in Redeemed for the past 10 years and I've not got any opportunity to sit on that altar not to talk of holding mic. If because Jonathan is a President and he is recognized, it means some are more equal than others."

Pastor Bankole, I've been in RCCG since 1984, my father became a full Pastor in 1992. Up until 2009, I never saw him minister on the altar and he probably never did. Some Pastors who have been in RCCG before the General Overseer have never ministered on that altar.

In reality though this statement of yours has only betrayed an underlying issue beyond whether it was right or not for GEJ to have been treated to a VIP status on the church altar. Is this criticism about you or about Jonathan?

When we criticise Pastors openly (and an older one at that) we flout a admonition in the Bible where Paul said Timothy (and any other minister) should not rebuke an elder, but call him aside and admonish him with the assistance of other elders in the church.

(Breaking that rule as a necessity) I fault your opinion on the treatment of GEJ. For long christianity in NIGERIA has been an ostrich head in the sand so far as politics is concerned. Our apolitical stance almost cost us a secular republic in 1985 - but it has cost us a secular costitution with an increasingly vocal fundamentalist Islamic movement to boot. (In any case we are a member of the OIC, remember?). We failed to insist on reflecting our values in national policies and now see what Nigeria has become to us... Even the Bible testifies of the positive influence of Christianity on Cornelius and Nero (Ceasar's household in the last chapter of Romans). We need all the influence we can get to call leaders to order and influence them to pursue policies that reflect the secularist, equitable and minority protecting perspective of our christian population.

Let us avoid confusing the general public on matters of christianity as there are more than enough enemies for us to handle already - within and without.

4 Likes

Re: Bankole Solomon Criticizes Pastor Adeboye Over Politicians by Donykua: 2:36pm On Dec 27, 2012
Anti-Christ, looking for cheap Popularity.
Re: Bankole Solomon Criticizes Pastor Adeboye Over Politicians by iweoru: 2:37pm On Dec 27, 2012
Religion should be divorced from politics. Morality and ethics however are the keystones to a properly functioning government and democratic society.
Re: Bankole Solomon Criticizes Pastor Adeboye Over Politicians by dridowu: 2:37pm On Dec 27, 2012
God pls forgive us our sins
Re: Bankole Solomon Criticizes Pastor Adeboye Over Politicians by Felixadded(m): 2:37pm On Dec 27, 2012
manmustwac: Politicians going to donate 10% of their lootings to adebayo in order to get forgiveness for this years looting. undecided
I think you're a BIG fool.
Re: Bankole Solomon Criticizes Pastor Adeboye Over Politicians by huninaija(f): 2:42pm On Dec 27, 2012
The church has turned itself into a political apologist centre... All these dump thieving politicians running to the church when they want to win votes/sympathy of the people after looting the treasury dry... The sad thing is these so called respected "men of God" continue to allow it...

Until these "men of gods" learn to seperate the world from the church this will continue to happen. I'd rather fellowship alone in my house these days, the church has just become a bowl of confusion for confused people...

2 Likes

Re: Bankole Solomon Criticizes Pastor Adeboye Over Politicians by Infoman51: 2:42pm On Dec 27, 2012
Abegi, leave GEJ alone ooh. He is only doing what men have done for ages..

Re: Bankole Solomon Criticizes Pastor Adeboye Over Politicians by saintuti: 2:42pm On Dec 27, 2012
This Bankole man should pls focus on his callin if he hz one.If he knows he is nt ok wt d practices of RCCG he shld either leave d church 2 another or go start his own.
Wht is wrong wt the president of a nation given d mic 2 speak in camp?
There are pastors dt hv spent less time in RCCG dt hv bn given d mic in redemption camp because they hv washd their hands clean nd so cld eat wt Elders!
Why is ds man so concerned about bn given a mic to preach in camp than d salvation of his soul?
I am sure he resigned as a pastor cos he wasn't given mic 2 preach in camp-what a shame!
Re: Bankole Solomon Criticizes Pastor Adeboye Over Politicians by SisiKill1: 2:44pm On Dec 27, 2012
plendil:

are you okay? undecided
Am I okay? Hmm, lemme see...

I don't think it's okay to give a man who has spent the entire year lying and being disdainful to the safety and well being of the people who elected him, the opportunity to stand on a pulpit and use God to fool those same people

. . .Yeah I think I am okay.

4 Likes

Re: Bankole Solomon Criticizes Pastor Adeboye Over Politicians by honeric01(m): 2:44pm On Dec 27, 2012
Sisi_Kill: Abegi, leave GEJ alone ooh. He is only doing what men have done for ages..

Chai, some of the "right thinking church goers (real Christians)are not happy with this statement of yours o, why group everyone together na? angry angry angry embarassed embarassed embarassed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

3 Things That Can Kill Your Christian Faith / Accessing The Divine Killing Anointing By Dr D.k Olukoya - Written Sermon / Issele Asagba: Catholic Priest Kidnapped By Gunmen For The Second Time In Delta

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.