Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,060 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:09 AM

Occupy Nigeria - One Year Later - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Occupy Nigeria - One Year Later (5343 Views)

Adams Unaji Is Dead (Occupy Nigeria Activist) / Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation / Occupy Nigeria Protests: Locations And Dates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Occupy Nigeria - One Year Later by mrfolu(m): 5:19pm On Dec 26, 2012
Let US wait for the new year gift from GEJ lipsrsealed cry shocked
Re: Occupy Nigeria - One Year Later by godstino(m): 5:30pm On Dec 26, 2012
The occupy Nigeria trash is synonymous with the democracy we have in nigeria Which can be described as THE MADNESS OF THE MANY FOR THE BENEFIT OF A SELECTED FEW which in this case is the NLC n co...God save Nigeria.
Re: Occupy Nigeria - One Year Later by Nobody: 5:33pm On Dec 26, 2012
Lol @ "Beaf of blessed memory".
Re: Occupy Nigeria - One Year Later by Reference(m): 6:04pm On Dec 26, 2012
faithin9ja: Posters like 'Beaf' of blessed memory advocated remove subsidy, let's pay the market value for fuel, nairalanders wanted to kill him, now we have fuel shortage, we pay N120 per litre and the govt is still owing billions to importers - what have we gained from 'occupy nigeria'?

You never see anything. Strap in for 2013. The protest simply poured more fuel into the fire.
Re: Occupy Nigeria - One Year Later by Rawshal(m): 6:07pm On Dec 26, 2012
[quote author=sanandreas]Occupy nigeria: what was the benefit? If not of innocent lives lost. We still buy petrol @ exorbitant price.[/i wonder my bro]
Re: Occupy Nigeria - One Year Later by Omen100(m): 6:49pm On Dec 26, 2012
[quote author=Rawshal][/quote]

Its only fools like u that will claimed not to have benefited from the occupied Nigeria protest if you stayed in lagos, Abuja or any of the western states, even when u didn't partake in any of the rallies nationwide all in the of jonathan is south-south or because jonathan's middle name is ebele that make's him my igbo brother. If u i-diots think its all about immediate monetary benefits then u have to rethink, I was a proud partaker of the occupy Nigeria rally at the free park in Ojota, lagos & I am still very much ready for the season if r3tarden tried anything stupid forth coming new year day, we are still very ready for him.
Re: Occupy Nigeria - One Year Later by zeennurei(m): 8:48pm On Dec 26, 2012
Keep it up Occupy Nigeria but have not heard from you for a quite some time while things are getting worser every day in our dear country.
Re: Occupy Nigeria - One Year Later by OmoTier1(m): 9:09pm On Dec 26, 2012
HNosegbe: Lol @ "Beaf of blessed memory".
Shoo that dude don rotten like that
Re: Occupy Nigeria - One Year Later by OmoTier1(m): 9:10pm On Dec 26, 2012
zeen nurei: Keep it up Occupy Nigeria but have not heard from you for a quite some time while things are getting worser every day in our dear country.
What have you done in your own capacity to fight this wicked government and its innate love for corruption!
Re: Occupy Nigeria - One Year Later by olatwo(m): 10:18pm On Dec 26, 2012
[b][/b]
faithin9ja: Posters like 'Beaf' of blessed memory advocated remove subsidy, let's pay the market value for fuel, nairalanders wanted to kill him, now we have fuel shortage, we pay N120 per litre and the govt is still owing billions to importers - what have we gained from 'occupy nigeria'?

Can you make us clear about BEAF plz?
Re: Occupy Nigeria - One Year Later by Nobody: 10:24pm On Dec 26, 2012
We are coming back!!!

More Nigerian students have graduated from overseas and are returning home him patriotic will!!!
Re: Occupy Nigeria - One Year Later by pheesayor(m): 10:33pm On Dec 26, 2012
It annoys me when people kid that the occupy Protest was sponsored. Ojota, Ibadan, kaduna, Abuja were all sponsored? by who? name the sponsors Please, with evidence. If some opponents took advantage, it is because govt gave them something to talk about afterall if there is no opening in a wall then a lizard can't gain entry. I came here and posted pictures from occupy Amuwo which included participants from festac, mile 2, agboju, satellite, and its environs. We that started never knew each other, twitter brought us together and with the help of the indegenes who beleived in our cause, it was a success. No political opponent sponsored, even the local gov Chairman was not there. Eventually some of us were then being threatened by anonymous phone calls.

Afree the Protest, we've all remained as a team, working towards making government responsible to the masses in a country where looters divide the masses on ethnic grounds but are United in their looting.
Re: Occupy Nigeria - One Year Later by Nobody: 11:28pm On Dec 26, 2012
Omen100:

Its only fools like u that will claimed not to have benefited from the occupied Nigeria protest if you stayed in lagos, Abuja or any of the western states, even when u didn't partake in any of the rallies nationwide all in the of jonathan is south-south or because jonathan's middle name is ebele that make's him my igbo brother. If u i-diots think its all about immediate monetary benefits then u have to rethink, I was a proud partaker of the occupy Nigeria rally at the free park in Ojota, lagos & I am still very much ready for the season if r3tarden tried anything stupid forth coming new year day, we are still very ready for him.
My friend, are you opposing the removal of fuel subsidy because you do not like the face of the incumbent or because you feel it is right for us as a nation to spend about N1trillion to subsidize CONSUMPTION of ONE item and N1.5trillion for ALL our capital projects(construction of roads, schools, rail lines,agriculture,hospitals,etc) in 2012? The same pattern of spending is also contained in 2013 budget(about N1trillion for fuel subsidy and about N1.6trillion for all the capital projects in the country). Note that 2013 and 2012 are not election years because some mischief makers insinuate that subsidy spending are usually diverted to campaign funding. Is the pattern of spending above okay with you? Would Fashola tolerate this pattern of spending? Can Fashola, who loves PPP so much, build a refinery under PPP if he wants, while there is fuel subsidy? If ACN is the party at the centre and is planning to remove subsidy will you change your mind and support them? Can we ever drop partisanship and place the nation first? ACN, CPC and ANPP oppose the removal of subsidy today because they'r not in power. If they were to be in power, they would have removed subsidy like yesterday.

1 Like

Re: Occupy Nigeria - One Year Later by Nobody: 11:34pm On Dec 26, 2012
pheesayor: It annoys me when people kid that the occupy Protest was sponsored. Ojota, Ibadan, kaduna, Abuja were all sponsored? by who? name the sponsors Please, with evidence. If some opponents took advantage, it is because govt gave them something to talk about afterall if there is no opening in a wall then a lizard can't gain entry. I came here and posted pictures from occupy Amuwo which included participants from festac, mile 2, agboju, satellite, and its environs. We that started never knew each other, twitter brought us together and with the help of the indegenes who beleived in our cause, it was a success. No political opponent sponsored, even the local gov Chairman was not there. Eventually some of us were then being threatened by anonymous phone calls.

Afree the Protest, we've all remained as a team, working towards making government responsible to the masses in a country where looters divide the masses on ethnic grounds but are United in their looting.
Is occupy Nigeria only meant for FG and fuel subsidy? Why didnt you guys occupy LASU when the state govt increased school fees by 1000%
Re: Occupy Nigeria - One Year Later by Pataki: 11:36pm On Dec 26, 2012
[img]http://3.bp..com/-vW-m6gOiaLY/UNqcFTKyzTI/AAAAAAAA1BA/hCxqhOw-Ovg/s400/GEJ.jpg[/img]

Una go hear am for January. Maga must chop!

2 Likes

Re: Occupy Nigeria - One Year Later by pheesayor(m): 6:36am On Dec 27, 2012
the problem with GEJ guys is that they feel their oga is getting undeserved and excess criticism + attention while others (governors)are not, occupy Nigeria was being contemplated due to the massive Corruption in the system, subsidy removal (+ spending unbudgeted amount for subsidy) simply triggered it
Remember Oyinlola established uniosun and charged like a private uni, Aregbesola came and reduced it, also OGD increased OOU fees to hundreds of thousand, Amosun came and slashed it, as for lasu I know something will happen soon afterall there are massive infrastructural projects going on right now in the school (costain and ccecc &co as contractors) but all these do not change the fact about our dear President afterall he governed small bayelsa what did he achieve?
Sincere 9gerian:
Is occupy Nigeria only meant for FG and fuel subsidy? Why didnt you guys occupy LASU when the state govt increased school fees by 1000%
Re: Occupy Nigeria - One Year Later by israel007: 11:05am On Dec 27, 2012
Occupy nigeria? How did you protect the people's. Interests? What have you said after they called you people in to 'talk' (give you money to shut up) about subsidy? What have you said after the subsidy in january? Oh because january is around the corner again and you littke boys smell there might be yet another avenue to be called for another, you are coming to say occupy? What have you occupied really apart from your selfish selves? It would be a cold day in hell before someone like me would even fist my hand to represent your n@nsense logo.

Judgment awaits you! Then alone would you occupy hell
Re: Occupy Nigeria - One Year Later by Nobody: 11:35am On Dec 27, 2012
Sincere 9gerian:
My friend, are you opposing the removal of fuel subsidy because you do not like the face of the incumbent or because you feel it is right for us as a nation to spend about N1trillion to subsidize CONSUMPTION of ONE item and N1.5trillion for ALL our capital projects(construction of roads, schools, rail lines,agriculture,hospitals,etc) in 2012? The same pattern of spending is also contained in 2013 budget(about N1trillion for fuel subsidy and about N1.6trillion for all the capital projects in the country). Note that 2013 and 2012 are not election years because some mischief makers insinuate that subsidy spending are usually diverted to campaign funding. Is the pattern of spending above okay with you? Would Fashola tolerate this pattern of spending? Can Fashola, who loves PPP so much, build a refinery under PPP if he wants, while there is fuel subsidy? If ACN is the party at the centre and is planning to remove subsidy will you change your mind and support them? Can we ever drop partisanship and place the nation first? ACN, CPC and ANPP oppose the removal of subsidy today because they'r not in power. If they were to be in power, they would have removed subsidy like yesterday.
BEAF IS THAT YOU

(1) (2) (Reply)

Caption This Photo Of Nnamdi Kanu When He Saw One Dollar Is Now 402 Naira / Breaking News: Securities Intercepted Gov Ayodele Fayose First Class Ticket / Watch Video Of Gana Exposing Fulani Herdsmen And Nigerian Army

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.