Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,746 members, 7,824,148 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:40 AM

Forty Persons Injured In Lagos Fire Cracker Warehouse Inferno - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Forty Persons Injured In Lagos Fire Cracker Warehouse Inferno (11880 Views)

Armed Thugs Storm Enugu Polling Unit, Several Persons Injured / Hotel Explosion: 15 Persons Injured As Gunmen Invade A Hotel In Gombe / Hotel Explosion: 15 Persons Injured As Gunmen Invade A Hotel In Gombe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Forty Persons Injured In Lagos Fire Cracker Warehouse Inferno by stephenponti(m): 1:27pm On Dec 26, 2012
A fire cracker warehouse today sparked a major fire outbreak in the Jankara area of Lagos.
The massive fire gutted eight houses and injured forty people according to Ibrahim Farinloye, the National Emergency Management Agency spokesperson in Lagos.
Explosions from the "knockouts" caused panic amongst residents of the area.
NEMA said the army, navy and airforce joined in putting out the fire by midday.
 One person reported dead from the fire.

Source:http://mobile.saharareporters.com/news-page/forty-persons-injured-lagos-fire-cracker-warehouse-inferno

Re: Forty Persons Injured In Lagos Fire Cracker Warehouse Inferno by Nobody: 1:39pm On Dec 26, 2012
God have mercy!
Re: Forty Persons Injured In Lagos Fire Cracker Warehouse Inferno by BBPREYEgarri: 1:39pm On Dec 26, 2012
Na wa!
Re: Forty Persons Injured In Lagos Fire Cracker Warehouse Inferno by Nobody: 1:40pm On Dec 26, 2012
Unfortunate
Re: Forty Persons Injured In Lagos Fire Cracker Warehouse Inferno by Nobody: 1:42pm On Dec 26, 2012
Ok
Re: Forty Persons Injured In Lagos Fire Cracker Warehouse Inferno by Nobody: 1:42pm On Dec 26, 2012
time to put exercise the law on these fireworks

they are completely out of control this year, banger and rockets going off at every other half hour
Re: Forty Persons Injured In Lagos Fire Cracker Warehouse Inferno by k2039: 1:48pm On Dec 26, 2012
[color=soyouquotedme]I'm still waiting for the official figures, I know those injured are more, this figure represent those that have been detected so far.

Life lost, accomodation lost, bankruptcy, people injured, irrepairable losses.

Pathetic.

Lesson: Never underestimate the power of a single firecracker, it's even more dangerous when you have a collection of fire crackers.
[/color]
Re: Forty Persons Injured In Lagos Fire Cracker Warehouse Inferno by Ninilowo(m): 1:51pm On Dec 26, 2012
Ise kii pa mi; ayo lo n paayan! Whats f meaning of this?
Re: Forty Persons Injured In Lagos Fire Cracker Warehouse Inferno by andyprez(m): 1:54pm On Dec 26, 2012
I'm so tired of the frequent bad news. Its becoming unbearable. Even on a day people should be relaxing. Something needs to be done & fast.

1 Like

Re: Forty Persons Injured In Lagos Fire Cracker Warehouse Inferno by Meegadough: 1:55pm On Dec 26, 2012
*Throws firecracker into thread*And walks away gently.
Re: Forty Persons Injured In Lagos Fire Cracker Warehouse Inferno by salafiyy: 1:59pm On Dec 26, 2012
NOTHING IS BHIND THE XMAS EXCEPT EVIL...DARK XMAS...MAY GOD FORGIVE THERIR SOULS
Re: Forty Persons Injured In Lagos Fire Cracker Warehouse Inferno by Nobody: 1:59pm On Dec 26, 2012
hopefully next year lasg will get really though on sales of fireworks
Re: Forty Persons Injured In Lagos Fire Cracker Warehouse Inferno by Nobody: 2:00pm On Dec 26, 2012
That's what you get when illiterates handle stuffs like that and throw them without 'sensible' sense. I saw a boy on my street throwing 'banger' under a car which definitely has petrol in it.

1 Like

Re: Forty Persons Injured In Lagos Fire Cracker Warehouse Inferno by Napolitano(m): 2:01pm On Dec 26, 2012
oyb: time to put exercise the law on these fireworks

they are completely out of control this year, banger and rockets going off at every other half hour

They've always been out of control....lol

I think it's time for the givernment to take action to prevent further carnage in the name of firecrackers and knock outs.
Re: Forty Persons Injured In Lagos Fire Cracker Warehouse Inferno by warrikid(m): 2:04pm On Dec 26, 2012
Is it sensible to have a fire cracker warehouse in a residential area in d ist place?
Na wa oooo.

2 Likes

Re: Forty Persons Injured In Lagos Fire Cracker Warehouse Inferno by JideTheBlogger(m): 2:07pm On Dec 26, 2012
jammyng: That's what you get when illiterates handle stuffs like that and throw them without 'sensible' sense. I saw a boy on my street throwing 'banger' under a car which definitely has petrol in it.

Imagine! shocked shocked shocked
Re: Forty Persons Injured In Lagos Fire Cracker Warehouse Inferno by Dee60: 2:11pm On Dec 26, 2012
I AM EAGER TO HEAR WHAT THE LAW ENFORCEMENT AGENTS WILL SAY. FIREWORKS ARE BANNED FOR IMPORTS, YET THEY GO THROUGH OUR PORTS IN SPITE OF ALL THE CHECKS BY CUSTOMS. THEY ALSO PASS THROUGH ALL THE POLICE CHECKS IN AND AROUND THE PORTS AND WORSE STILL THEY ARE SOLD OPENLY. AND GUESS WHAT, THESE SAME BANGERS ARE BLOWN INSIDE ARMY AND POLICE BARRACKS. EVERYONE IS LAWLESS, LEADERS AND FOLLOWERS ALIKE! WE HAVE TO DECIDE AS A PEOPLE HOW WE WANT TO LIVE. WE HAVE TO DECIDE NOT TO SELF-DESTRUCT. THIS INCIDENT IS NOT NEW, IT HAPPENS VIRTUALLY EVERY YEAR!!

4 Likes

Re: Forty Persons Injured In Lagos Fire Cracker Warehouse Inferno by riac(f): 2:20pm On Dec 26, 2012
warrikid: Is it sensible to have a fire cracker warehouse in a residential area in d ist place?
Na wa oooo.
. That's LAGOS ISLAND for u

1 Like

Re: Forty Persons Injured In Lagos Fire Cracker Warehouse Inferno by Nobody: 2:21pm On Dec 26, 2012
First the owner of d products should be arrested and provide d money to rebuild d houses burnt down and d people hurt.m sorry for dis country with our porous ports where anything can come in and d pple of the area who saw no need in reporting to the govt about d firecrackers stored there.
Re: Forty Persons Injured In Lagos Fire Cracker Warehouse Inferno by comechop(m): 2:31pm On Dec 26, 2012
hiroz: First the owner of d products should be arrested and provide d money to rebuild d houses burnt down and d people hurt.

LOL.
You forget its Nigeria we're talking about here.
Re: Forty Persons Injured In Lagos Fire Cracker Warehouse Inferno by sylva1(m): 2:35pm On Dec 26, 2012
It is very unfortunate that Nigerians like to learn the hard way..

1 Like

Re: Forty Persons Injured In Lagos Fire Cracker Warehouse Inferno by Nobody: 2:36pm On Dec 26, 2012
comechop:

LOL.
You forget its Nigeria we're talking about here.
e no mata do u know how many honest working pple hv now had their building destroyed because of dis.we must start somewhere
Re: Forty Persons Injured In Lagos Fire Cracker Warehouse Inferno by tintingz(m): 2:37pm On Dec 26, 2012
All for merry xmas sad
Re: Forty Persons Injured In Lagos Fire Cracker Warehouse Inferno by Nobody: 2:43pm On Dec 26, 2012
May knock-out die a painful death in Nigeria. Amen.

This isnt funny o.
Re: Forty Persons Injured In Lagos Fire Cracker Warehouse Inferno by lastpage: 2:44pm On Dec 26, 2012
Ninilowo: Ise kii pa mi; ayo lo n paayan! Whats f meaning of this?

Your "Yoruba-spelling" is pathetic! angry angry angry

"Isee kin'pani, Ayo lo npa'niyan"

Literally: Poverty does not kill, it is exuberance that kills"!

True that!.....though not in all cases.

CARELESSNESS and GREED as in this case, even kills more! wink wink

*which "House Landlord rented that place out, for that kind of business? Is there no law that stipulates the kind of "Business" that you can do in certain areas?

*Which kind of Businessman stores "explosives" in a Residential area? Did he made it known (by way of Warning Signs and Posted information on the Warehouse walls), that his warehouse contains dangerous materials?

*What manner of Customs & Excise (I know their Comptroller uses forged Certificates) allows businessmen to import explosives without proper "checks" on storage and disposal? I even understand that the importation of fireworks in BANNED!

*Which manner of Security Agents (Police, SSS, "KAI, LASTMA, Yellow Fever", e.t.c grin ) allowed these toxic products to be transported from the Ports to that warehouse?
I guess each "arm of law enforcement" simply collects its own "Egunje" as the dangerous Cargo transits from Apapa Port to Central Lagos!
If it is to fatally shoot the innocent or protesting students, these outfits will be so trigger-happy
!

Shame on our Security Agents, Shame on their Commanders.

Finally, while celebrating with knockouts and firecrackers is not "The Problem", it is "lack of education, enlightenment and information" on how to "safely store, use and dispose-off the materials without endangering yourself and others"...THAT WE NEED TO FOCUS ON.

Of-course,those found culpable in these fiasco need to be dealt with to serve as a warning and deterrent to others!

But if l know our Government ....SIDON LOOK! wink wink

Lastpage!

3 Likes

Re: Forty Persons Injured In Lagos Fire Cracker Warehouse Inferno by teskyg: 2:57pm On Dec 26, 2012
We learn the hard way.This is a very good lesson to those business man who thrive in Illegality.
Re: Forty Persons Injured In Lagos Fire Cracker Warehouse Inferno by stephenponti(m): 2:57pm On Dec 26, 2012
My neighbough who sells electronics in d building under inferno has been crying since the incident, all his goods burnt with d building
Re: Forty Persons Injured In Lagos Fire Cracker Warehouse Inferno by tpapi: 2:58pm On Dec 26, 2012
Yes dis is d best time to roll out a total ban on fire cracker,av been patiently waiting for this day

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Abia House Of Assembly To Pass Anti-Grazing Bill Over Herdsmen/Farmer's Clashes / Alex Ekwueme: Enugu Govt Immortalizes Late Fomer Vice President / Heroic Homecoming As Fubara Awards Reality Show Winner, Uzodinma, Scholarship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.