Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,110 members, 7,818,313 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:27 PM

Please Help Me Choose Bwt Eod & 406 - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Please Help Me Choose Bwt Eod & 406 (11962 Views)

Any Difference Bwt Factory Tinted Glass And Tinted Glass Permit? / Peugeot 406: How Reliable? / Please Help Me Choose Between Golf 3 And Nissan Almera 1995-1998 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please Help Me Choose Bwt Eod & 406 by Ikenna351(m): 12:27pm On Mar 12, 2015
chucky234:
Ikenna winning followers for the Lion since 1960

Lol! Thank you.

The WhatsApp Peugeot community now has close to 200 members. People are finding the truth and living life to the full.

I have received countless emails, SMS, whatsapp messages and gifts from people I have never met, because they read my findings and testimonies on the lion brand, acquired them and couldn't resist sending their thank you for how amazing they found their lions. It's called Good life!

Ikenna
Re: Please Help Me Choose Bwt Eod & 406 by chucky234(m): 3:10pm On Mar 12, 2015
Ikenna351:

Lol! Thank you.

The WhatsApp Peugeot community now has close to 200 members. People are finding the truth and living life to the full.

I have received countless emails, SMS, whatsapp messages and gifts from people I have never met, because they read my findings and testimonies on the lion brand, acquired them and couldn't resist sending their thank you for how amazing they found their lions. It's called Good life!

Ikenna
What happens when you den is filled with Lions with no more space to accommodate more Lions ?
lol
Re: Please Help Me Choose Bwt Eod & 406 by Ikenna351(m): 6:30pm On Mar 12, 2015
chucky234:
What happens when you den is filled with Lions with no more space to accommodate more Lions ?
lol

Fortunately, I got that covered. I created Lions community 2 when community 2 had no more space. Community 2 is about to fill up. So I will be creating community 3 soon.

We also meet once every month (get-together) to eat, drink, chat and laugh together, both Lions and Lionesses. It's a true Den.

I am happy to also inform you that foreign Lion owners have started joining us, the car WhatsApp Peugeot community.

Good life!

Before now, like i earlier noted in this thread, i used to think perfection does not exist. But now, i have realised i was wrong. Perfection does really exist. Its a choice one has to make to have or experience that life. Peugeot is one of the best thing that has ever happened to me and i will forever be grateful.

Ikenna
Re: Please Help Me Choose Bwt Eod & 406 by Ikenna351(m): 6:56pm On Mar 12, 2015
Please, if anyone is considering acquiring a Peugeot 406 and you want some fears you need answers to, dont hesitate to ask here. Because I have the best trim of 406 produced in my Lions collection. So, I believe i have answers you are seeking for. Thank you.

Ikenna
Re: Please Help Me Choose Bwt Eod & 406 by replete(m): 8:20pm On Mar 12, 2015
I think I will give this Peogeot 406 of a car a trial I pray I get a good one. Though had corolla or accord in mind before. Any idea how much it cost @ Ikenna. I think we need too talk.

1 Like

Re: Please Help Me Choose Bwt Eod & 406 by Ikenna351(m): 9:26pm On Mar 12, 2015
replete:
I think I will give this Peogeot 406 of a car a trial I pray I get a good one. Though had corolla or accord in mind before. Any idea how much it cost @ Ikenna. I think we need too talk.

I believe we have discussed on the phone already.

Anyway, below is a short video clip of my Peugeot 406, taken after I replaced the timing belt. Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIlU9LBNmEY

Ikenna
Re: Please Help Me Choose Bwt Eod & 406 by oluwafemi89(m): 9:27pm On Mar 12, 2015
Planning of getting Mazda 3 next month..

But getting convinced with the peugot.. I need a reliable car. My home to work is almost 1-hour.

I don't really like the Peugot shape thou, but wil give it a trial
Re: Please Help Me Choose Bwt Eod & 406 by Ikenna351(m): 9:35pm On Mar 12, 2015
A video clip of my Peugeot 406 , showing how effortless the V6 engine in him can be on hard acceleration.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QZMxBuRhYM

Ikenna
Re: Please Help Me Choose Bwt Eod & 406 by Ikenna351(m): 10:03am On Mar 13, 2015
Good morning everyone.

If you have any question on the secret or tips on having a trouble free Peugeot 406, I am to fill you with those answers. Enjoy your day.

Ikenna

1 Like

Re: Please Help Me Choose Bwt Eod & 406 by mistarbees(m): 8:46am On Jun 22, 2016
grin
Re: Please Help Me Choose Bwt Eod & 406 by Ikenna351(m): 7:00am On Jun 26, 2016
Ikenna, Lion King.

I, today, 28/06/2020, intentionally edited and deleted some free vital information I provided in the original post (05/11/2019), which I shared here to benefit those who can't afford my private consultancy services, but have now been removed since the free information is not valued and appreciated.

Ikenna351, Lion King - Monk
Re: Please Help Me Choose Bwt Eod & 406 by nams77: 5:49pm On Aug 21, 2016
hello@ikenna135. pls I heard a thing about this 406, pls can you kindly dispel these allegations. firstly, there is this talk about problematic wiring system going bunkum. is this true? can it be fixed? secondly, heard that 406 fears water...is that true also. thinking of getting a ride that is reliable, handles well like a merc, nice and sturdy suspension and just generally solid. I used a 190e I am still hung on its handling and balance.thank you sir.
Re: Please Help Me Choose Bwt Eod & 406 by AirMarshal1: 4:04am On Oct 28, 2021
Ikenna351:
HONDA ACCORD:7TH GENERATION,AMERICAN SPECS, 2003-2007.
This Accord is a very nice car. When it comes to looks, no Asian cars beats Honda. The dashboard is so beautiful to admire. Its a very roomy car, good for tall people,i.e enough leg room for tall drivers and enough leg room at the back seats. The drivers control/switches are well laid out and simplified for easy understanding. I maynot be a Japs fan, but when it comes to the best Japs, Nissan and Honda have it, for me.

Comparing EOD with 406 will be unfair. They are not in the same league. EOD is a bigger family sized car, compared to 406. Its ideal to compare EOD with Peugeot 607, since both are in the same league, same size and similar weight. The I4 EOD engine is about 2.4L, i think. While the phase II 406 we use here comes with either 1.8 or 2.0L engines, with less hp than the 2.4L engine of the EOD.

I have driven a 2004 Accord V6 auto transmission severally. Its a very quick car, just like every other V6. Unfortunately, the very first day i drove it on one of the Abuja expressway, it was so uninspiring to drive on the highway. I couldnt tell if it was because it was auto transmission or simply because it lacked better handling i derive from mine when on highspeed on such roads. Not saying its a bad car, but i didnt find it interesting to do long distance driving or highspeed with.

EOD has its pros and cons. Some of the owners have complained of transmission frequent failures. I dont own one, so i dont know how true that is. But as for the front swivel/ball joint, they can be an embarrassment to the owners. Every now and then, you see them pulling off on the roads, no matter how clean they are. Aside these two cons, i dont know of anyother. But i do know they handle a lot better than most Toyotas that i have driven, but not more than the Nissans in the same league. Parts are available in some parts of the country, but i dont know how cheap they are. But the facts remains that its a good looking car that turns head on the road.

PEUGEOT 406 PHASE II: 1999-2004 (D9).
The D9 is a nice car too; a good looking smart car. One of the last Pininfarina designed car Peugeot ever had. Its one of the modern Peugeots that was close to the ruggedity of the 504 & 505. The car has one the things Peugeots are known for: outstanding Dampers/shock absorbers. The car security system is one of the best so far in the world. Its a car you have confidence to park and come back and meet. To steal the car with another key, you will have to change the ignition switch, BSI unit and the engine ECU, before the car will start without the owners key.

It has a good road handling Peugeot is known for. I have driven a lot of naturally aspirated I4 406 phase II, but yet to drive a V6 one. The 2.0L D9 produces average power, good enough for one who is mindful of fuel economy to enjoy. Unfortunately, i found it uninteresting to pull on the highway, even though the road handling is very good. I hate it when i have to depress the throttle so hard to gain speed, unlike my V6s that a small flex of throtlle pedals shoot the cars. They are not quick enough to impress me, though i wasnt expecting them to. Sometimes i wonder if i will ever go back to I4 again!

The fuel consumption is very impressive. Last month, someone drove a 2.0L engine (EW10) D9 from Lagos to my very house in Abuja on just one single full fuel Tank. By the time it got to my house, it was almost entering the reserve. The full tank is 70 litres. Go figure. But am not sure the I4 EOD can be that economical, considering the engine size, body size and weight.

406 phase II has its pros and cons as well. One of the cons is the electrics, so is everyother Euro cars. Euro cars have complex electrics, while Japs have simple electrics. What it means is that EOD can take electrical abuse from our auto electricians and still run, but the D9 wont. Other issues are brake disc warps. The 406 brake discs wear faster than the older discs in 504s & 505s. Their parts are very much available in every part of the country, unlike the EOD. The turning radius is sharper than the EOD; its smarter, to me.

Every car has pros and annoyances. Its left for you to find out which of the two has what you want out of a car and which of them you can live with the annoyances.

@ EVERYONE:
I really dont know why Agboolamotors is been attacked. Nigerians have a way of saying how good something is by using the words "100% or perfect". We use it to explain to someone that the thing in question is good enough to be recommended to whoever that is interested. The word perfect exist, but nothing is perfect, so its 100%, but they exist in our dictionaries. Though you can argue that one can score 100% in objective exam results.

Ikenna.

Ikenna pls compare bw d auto & manual of 406, as well as bw d EW10 & EW12 engines.
I'm interested in acquiring one. I really prefer d auto bt kindly give all valuable info for both d auto & manual.
Thanks

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Clean Car Interior Plastic / Peugeot 406 Automatic Transmission Problems / How To Avoid Men Of Edo State Task Force On Benin By-pass

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.