Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,148 members, 7,811,264 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:49 AM

How 2-month-old Baby Was Stolen In Market On Christmas EVE - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How 2-month-old Baby Was Stolen In Market On Christmas EVE (8552 Views)

Should I Allow My Wife To Leave Our 4 Month-Old-Baby And Start Work? / 4 Year Old Accidentally Kills 11 Month-old Baby In Abuja / Her Six Months Old Baby Gazes Sternly At Her During Sex- She's Worried. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How 2-month-old Baby Was Stolen In Market On Christmas EVE by Nobody: 6:44pm On Dec 26, 2012
Christmas festivities has turned out a huge misfortune for a young couple, Mr. and Mrs. Ikechukwu Ufondu, after a strange woman stole their two-month-old baby on the eve of Christmas at the Mohammadu Abubakar Rimi Market in the state capital.

The father of the baby told NEWSMEN in Kano that the baby boy, who was born through an operation, was stolen from the mother, Mrs. Amarachi Ufondu while she was plaiting the hair of another woman in the evening of December 24. He gave the name of his missing son as Som Tochukwu Favour Ufondu, saying he was just two months and two days old when he was stolen. The theft of the baby, which had thrown the community into grief and confusion, had been reported to the Market Police Station in the state, but it was unclear if the police had commenced investigations as at press time.
The incident had also been reported to authorities of Our Lady of Fatima Catholic Church in the state. The confused father, Mr. Ufondu said: “I was in the market at about 5.35pm when my wife, who was plaiting hair at the Yankura section of the market, called me to inform me that our two-month-old baby had been stolen. “I was surprised and shocked and could not believe it.

Then, I immediately hired a Keke NAPEP (tricycle) to take me home and upon my arrival at home, what I was told turned out to be true. In fact, I initially refused her (mother of the baby) entry into the house, out of anger, insisting that she should go and get our baby, but later, I calmed down.” Explaining the circumstances that led to the disappearance of their baby, he told NEWSMEN: “My wife told me that she was plaiting the hair of a customer, while her neighbour was fixing the nails of another woman nearby.
“When the baby started crying, she untied her from her back and breastfed her. After breastfeeding the baby, just as she was about to return the boy to her back, the woman whose nailed was being fixed counseled against that, on the grounds that it was wrong to immediately back a baby that had just been fed.” He added that following this suggestion, “the lady then offered to help carry the baby saying that my wife was busy with the hair she was plaiting, a suggestion my wife bought without suspicion, even though she admitted she did not know the said lady.

“When they finished fixing the lady’s nails, she paid and received her change. My wife then asked her to return the baby, but she replied that she was not done with her nails yet. A few minutes after, she played a trick on my wife by sending her on a false errand. “The lady asked my wife to take a serious look at the hairstyle that was being made for another woman just a stone throw away, promising that she would want the same hairstyle as soon as she returned from the Christmas trip.
“That was all. My wife, unsuspicious of any ill motive, fell for the dummy by stepping across to take an intent look at the hairstyle that was being done by her colleague. By the time she turned, the purported Good Samaritan had disappeared into the crowd in the market,” the father said. Mr Ufondu, who was almost in tears through out the course of the interview appealed to the woman to please return their baby while asking the public to join them in prayers for the safety and quick return of their baby. He also appealed to the commssioner of police to help arrest the woman who stole their baby.

www.facebook.com/endy.edeson

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/cover/a-mums-xmas-agony-2-month-old-baby-stolen-in-market/

Re: How 2-month-old Baby Was Stolen In Market On Christmas EVE by k2039: 6:56pm On Dec 26, 2012
[color=soyouquotedme]Talk about parental carelessness.

Strangers are not meant to be trusted, I guess she learnt the hard way.

That baby is gone, for the kidnapper she should expect karma to take it course soon, nature can't be cheated, what you sow you will reap, in cases like this the harvest is extremely disastrous and calamitous.
[/color]

6 Likes

Re: How 2-month-old Baby Was Stolen In Market On Christmas EVE by Nobody: 7:22pm On Dec 26, 2012
This is serious o! I blame the mom for sure.
Re: How 2-month-old Baby Was Stolen In Market On Christmas EVE by Nobody: 7:36pm On Dec 26, 2012
This is one reason why I do not just hand my baby to anybody.
Re: How 2-month-old Baby Was Stolen In Market On Christmas EVE by Queendo(f): 7:59pm On Dec 26, 2012
well everybody is blaming d mother, but lets look at it critically it is d economy dt is responsible, she wants to make money without disturbance and it ended in disaster, if not why shld she give d child to d woman who wasn't making hair. God please help d small child.

2 Likes

Re: How 2-month-old Baby Was Stolen In Market On Christmas EVE by greatgod2012(f): 9:05pm On Dec 26, 2012
This is a lesson, nobody should be trusted.
Re: How 2-month-old Baby Was Stolen In Market On Christmas EVE by dominique(f): 10:20pm On Dec 26, 2012
Story reminds me when my son was still a baby and I was also at the salon like this. While my hair was drying, the hair dresser took him out for a stroll. I wanted to tell her not to take him out of my sight but I didn't want to create a scene and look like one of those paranoid mums(this is my regular hairdresser/hairdressing salon o). Just kept praying she returns him safely which she did. The entire 10 mins or so they were gone, all sorts of scenarios kept playing in my mind including kidnap embarassed
Such an horrible ordeal for any parent to go through. Can't imagine wondering if your child is still alive out there or if he has been hacked to pieces by some heartless ritual killers (shudders). Hope the little boy is found alive, why are people wicked like this? sad
Re: How 2-month-old Baby Was Stolen In Market On Christmas EVE by Nobody: 10:34pm On Dec 26, 2012
me i'm waiting for an 85 year old woman to say she has given birth to a son and announce it

4 Likes

Re: How 2-month-old Baby Was Stolen In Market On Christmas EVE by Nobody: 6:11am On Dec 27, 2012
cotton101: me i'm waiting for an 85 year old woman to say she has given birth to a son and announce it

Thank you cotton101. This is what I was saying when The Sun tabloid newspaper helped a 59 year old woman to launder a baby by claiming that she conceived naturally and gave birth after she had been told in the U.S. at 46 years that she had no viable eggs. Those Nigerians who suffer from hallelujah syndrome jumped up and down and apotheosized that God did it without asking questions. One Jidegirl was ranting about how possible it is.

All hands must be on deck to stop baby selling and abductions in Nigeria and the fairy tales that follow. Only in Nigeria would someone repeat same thing over and over and expect different results. To me if God is to reward you with a child, he needs not wait till you are 85 years old. Nevertheless, a baby is purchased or abducted and God's name is dropped and poof the hallelujah chorus reverberates and many people start to speak in tongues.

How can we mend the broken heart that this woman has to face? Meanwhile, somewhere in Nigeria or even west Africa some mischievous couple is celebrating one of those "immaculate conceptions" ciphered with God and that is all it takes.

Lately, I have seen newspaper picture of so called newborns that look like toddlers whom longstanding infertile couple celebrate and sing praises for miraculous birth. The chicanery must stop.

1 Like

Re: How 2-month-old Baby Was Stolen In Market On Christmas EVE by Nobody: 7:01am On Dec 27, 2012
This is the link of the Sun Tabloid's article of the 59 year old. It is ironic that it is the same Sun that reported this abduction. Sun Newspaper has no shame!

https://www.nairaland.com/1140928/59-yr-old-woman-gives-birth-lagos/1#13540167

Nigerians should be appalled by this new trend of baby buying and selling and/or abductions.
Re: How 2-month-old Baby Was Stolen In Market On Christmas EVE by Joebeck(f): 10:17am On Dec 27, 2012
I blame the mother, nobody should be trusted becos this an evil age. Mothers should make sure that their child is always within their reach. Don't give ur child to a stranger no matter how friendly that person is with ur child. I pray they should find the child alive.
Re: How 2-month-old Baby Was Stolen In Market On Christmas EVE by Nobody: 10:28am On Dec 27, 2012

6 Likes

Re: How 2-month-old Baby Was Stolen In Market On Christmas EVE by Callotti: 10:37am On Dec 27, 2012
The fruit of the womb and blokos madness continues. Desperation is a biatch!!!!

TWA!!!! cry
Re: How 2-month-old Baby Was Stolen In Market On Christmas EVE by Nobody: 10:39am On Dec 27, 2012
k2039: [color=soyouquotedme]Talk about parental carelessness.

Strangers are not meant to be trusted, I guess she learnt the hard way.

That baby is gone, for the kidnapper she should expect karma to take it course soon, nature can't be cheated, what you sow you will reap, in cases like this the harvest is extremely disastrous and calamitous.
[/color]
So true. You've cleared my doubt on the other thread.

Strange world!!!
Re: How 2-month-old Baby Was Stolen In Market On Christmas EVE by Iaz93: 10:42am On Dec 27, 2012
Queendo: well everybody is blaming d mother, but lets look at it critically it is d economy dt is responsible, she wants to make money without disturbance and it ended in disaster, if not why shld she give d child to d woman who wasn't making hair. God please help d small child.
blaming economy again...chai!
Re: How 2-month-old Baby Was Stolen In Market On Christmas EVE by Born2beRich1(m): 11:36am On Dec 27, 2012
This makes me to remember the bible saying that the heart of men is constantly wicked...How can another woman steal another person baby...It isnt easy for a woman to carry a baby for 9months and then somebody else runs away with the baby...

However, why should she be carrying a baby up and down just barely after two months...

Women should be careful.
Re: How 2-month-old Baby Was Stolen In Market On Christmas EVE by cigaricon(m): 12:23pm On Dec 27, 2012
cry oh GOD! I don't blame anybody here though, I just pity the poor baby cry and the mother, she didn't see it coming. But why are people this wicked, permit me to say this-some people are more heartless than the devil. Nothing wey pesin no go see for this world oh. Even if the baby is recovered, how are we sure she hasn't beem initiated or something lyk dat. May GOD protect the baby
Re: How 2-month-old Baby Was Stolen In Market On Christmas EVE by smartmom(f): 1:06pm On Dec 27, 2012
Born 2be Rich: This makes me to remember the bible saying that the heart of men is constantly wicked...How can another woman steal another person baby...It isnt easy for a woman to carry a baby for 9months and then somebody else runs away with the baby...

How[b]ever, why should she be carrying a baby up and down just barely after two months...[/b]

Women should be careful.

Parents should be careful, not only women please sad As for why she was carrying her 2 month old baby 'úp and down', its obvious she needed to make money.

The anguish of that mother hmm. Only God can heal her pain
Re: How 2-month-old Baby Was Stolen In Market On Christmas EVE by buchibabe: 1:56pm On Dec 27, 2012
Na wa o. What a bad christmas n new year gift for d parents.
Re: How 2-month-old Baby Was Stolen In Market On Christmas EVE by megareal: 2:11pm On Dec 27, 2012
I'm saying a simple prayer...May the wicked perpetrator be caught. May the baby be alive and may the mother not die of heart break. And may we never experience this. Amen.

3 Likes

Re: How 2-month-old Baby Was Stolen In Market On Christmas EVE by ghettodreamz(m): 4:00pm On Dec 27, 2012
Na wa ooooo.. Wonder shall never end cry cry cry
Re: How 2-month-old Baby Was Stolen In Market On Christmas EVE by swtcharissa(f): 4:40pm On Dec 27, 2012
This is a big lesson for ME,seriously,sometimes its nt easy trying to make persons or frds stay away from carrying ur child expercially if the child is beautiful n neat,as much as I try to prevent persons from carrying her,they still forcefully carry her,n even as am a choirister I always place my side eye on my baby n plead with d person nt to for any reason pass my child,....in one of d occasions. My baby's shoes both legs were pulled from her legs,,,after that incident I started carrying her seat into d church n there she sits till church closes...some strangers can b such unbearsable
Re: How 2-month-old Baby Was Stolen In Market On Christmas EVE by dominique(f): 5:26pm On Dec 27, 2012
megareal: I'm saying a simple prayer...May the wicked perpetrator be caught. May the baby be alive and may the mother not die of heart break. And may we never experience this. Amen.

Amen, Amen, Amen and AMEN!!!!
Re: How 2-month-old Baby Was Stolen In Market On Christmas EVE by victorian(f): 5:43pm On Dec 27, 2012
av seen and noticed on various occassions on how some young mothers can be very careless with their babies angry...its appalling....a woman that will take 7yrs or 10yrs to have a baby, do u think she will be careless about her baby... i believe not?..i blame the mother.
Re: How 2-month-old Baby Was Stolen In Market On Christmas EVE by Nobody: 8:37pm On Dec 27, 2012
omonuan:

Thank you cotton101. This is what I was saying when The Sun tabloid newspaper helped a 59 year old woman to launder a baby by claiming that she conceived naturally and gave birth after she had been told in the U.S. at 46 years that she had no viable eggs. Those Nigerians who suffer from hallelujah syndrome jumped up and down and apotheosized that God did it without asking questions. One Jidegirl was ranting about how possible it is.

All hands must be on deck to stop baby selling and abductions in Nigeria and the fairy tales that follow. Only in Nigeria would someone repeat same thing over and over and expect different results. [b]To me if God is to reward you with a child, he needs not wait till you are 85 years o[/b]ld. Nevertheless, a baby is purchased or abducted and God's name is dropped and poof the hallelujah chorus reverberates and many people start to speak in tongues.

How can we mend the broken heart that this woman has to face? Meanwhile, somewhere in Nigeria or even west Africa some mischievous couple is celebrating one of those "immaculate conceptions" ciphered with God and that is all it takes.

Lately, I have seen newspaper picture of so called newborns that look like toddlers whom longstanding infertile couple celebrate and sing praises for miraculous birth. The chicanery must stop.

See how doltish you sound up there especially the second bolded?

You can now predict what God can or cannot do.... are you for real ?

If you're an Atheist then lets get this over with so we can stop this bickering cos I ain't got time for trivial discussions,

I don't condone kidnapping but this is a phenomenon that happens in every part of the world so what's with the hype?

All our checks and bills envelopes has at least 3 photos of missing kids/ babies on it.

As a parent it's our duty to shield our kids and know what our priorities are, I blame the mom for doing that and this is a lesson for all moms out there,

I go in the washroom to pee and poop with my 3 year old when we are out and my hubby is not there not to talk of a two month old infant!

Some of our people in Nigeria are so spoilt and lazy with these housemaids stuff, I don't have housemaids, I only use a nanny when I have to work late or night out and that's only in my home and I still monitor them so what gives?

Like somebody already said up there, I don't expect my 54 year old aunt to leave her 2year old with one random person for a minute to watch , she knows what she went thru to have that baby, she dey craze ??!!
Re: How 2-month-old Baby Was Stolen In Market On Christmas EVE by babymama3: 9:02pm On Dec 27, 2012
My most desperate moment in life was the few minutes we looked for our first born
I had just had our second baby and a guest came to visit
As we chatted,nobody knew that our 18 month old had slipped out the door into the streets,maybe while the guest came in
When i noticed the kid was gone,We looked everywhere in the house,toilet,closet,I was getting hysterical.we opened the door searching and looked and saw the rambunctious toddler laughing and running down the street
Thank God
I can never forget that feeling that day and all that could have easily happened
I can't imagine what this mom is going through.I hope this ends well for them,they need it.
Re: How 2-month-old Baby Was Stolen In Market On Christmas EVE by mavinc4u(f): 9:36pm On Dec 27, 2012
hmmmmmmmm.wonders shall never cease.my question is where was the lady that was fixing the woman's nail and where was the lady the woman was plaiting her hair;does it mean that the woman that stole the baby charmed the two other women there and moreover is a market where you will have alot of people plaiting their hair.honestly i find it difficult to believe this story. just curious
Re: How 2-month-old Baby Was Stolen In Market On Christmas EVE by Nobody: 1:02am On Dec 28, 2012
jidegirl12:

See how doltish you sound up there especially the second bolded?

You can now predict what God can or cannot do.... are you for real ?

If you're an Atheist then lets get this over with so we can stop this bickering cos I ain't got time for trivial !!

You know Jidegirl, there is something about you and women over menopause having babies that makes me say hhhm! As I stated previously, You seem so emeshed in post menopausal birth that I suspect you may be part of these baby abduction rings. Leave God out of this and stop apotheosizing. I still stand by my assertion that if God is gonna give you a baby he needs not wait till you are an old cargo. It makes no sense to give an old lady a baby. it is unfair to her and the baby. It is for this reason that there is a terminal biological clock for women. God made it so, I did not. It is not up to you to pick and choose what God does. You are by far not his agent.

Many of these old age birth are false and you know it. I read somehwere where you claim you went to the hospital to see a newborn and her mother. There is nothing wrong with this but lately with what I have discovered about you and your special interest in old age birth, I won't even let you near my enemy's baby.

Again you are always irrational in your analysis. Neither you nor I can predict God. If my assertion is incorrect why is it that yours is not? Do you have a direct contact with God? Stop using God's name to support an atrocious act. Just two days after you were so sure that a 59 year old gave birth, a woman lost her son in an abduction giving credence to my concern that these lies of post menopausal births and baby thefts are inter related. This is the essence of my comment on this thread.

You seem not to be concerned about these babies that are being abducted and traded like commodities. For you the end justifies the means. Therefore, it does not matter the deception just get a baby by any means and you'll be there to sing praises. God would not support the method you and your cohorts are using. You can't cause grief to someone else in order to relieve your own misery. This won't be Godly!

I think you are one of those that suffer from hallelujah syndrome. Take a chill pill! That babies are abducted worldwide should not be a reason for Nigerians not to be concerned about the epidemic of baby abductions and the intertwined miraculous births. It is completely un African to steal someone's baby. Infertility has been a problem for a certain percentage of humans from time immemorial. We have to develop a civil way to adopt children.

I am the Godson of my aunt who was infertile. She informally adopted me the African way and gave me all her love and I loved her back. These attempts to make births a cipher that is only shrouded with the name of God is despicable.

Finally, there are certain things I can infer from your conduct. I suspect that you are having difficulties conceiving yourself. I understand that you have a three year old but my instinct is that it has not been easy for you. If this is the case, my thoughts are with you and I hope you seek medical help rather than wait too late. Your wishes would come through but don't hope solely for a miracle. Haven helps those who help themselves. If you are in the dilemma that I suspect, I hope God answers your prayers this new year coming up!
Re: How 2-month-old Baby Was Stolen In Market On Christmas EVE by agiboma(f): 3:31am On Dec 28, 2012
This is a terrible story just aweful the poor parents. For me when i was in Nigeria I could not even leave my son with his aunts, I would be going out and would always take him with me anywhere and everywhere. The only person i trusted him with was his father. He's 2 1/2 now and I leave him with my mom and sister these days, if we go out he is always within my eyesight.I am one of those overprotctive and paronoid mothers because of reasons listed in the post. I hope they find the baby and return him to his parents, may g-d comfort the parents in this time of distress.
Re: How 2-month-old Baby Was Stolen In Market On Christmas EVE by Nobody: 3:57am On Dec 28, 2012
@omonuan.....I swear on your life I've never been cracked up like this before in a long time grin grin grin grin grin

I guess I'm in child abduction business with my Group homes business then cheesy cheesy cheesy but they really don't match though...ummm a Mentally disabled person and kids don't gel....you have to choose one in my field and I prefer peeps like Callotti and dem wink cos I know how to kick it them em cheesy

I'm looking for a child eh.....you will not use me as a sinful vessel and I will not say a word that I will eventually regret cause I have family members and friends that are looking unto the Lord for the fruit of the womb and yes HE is doing it and HE will finish what he started, I reject you DEVIL omonuan IJN cheesy cheesy

And hey thanks for the prayers .....right back at ya tongue
Re: How 2-month-old Baby Was Stolen In Market On Christmas EVE by stantob(m): 5:38am On Dec 28, 2012
What a brutal world.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Love Marriage Or Arranged Marriage Which Do You Prefer? / Do you ever think Marriage Is Overrated? / Wife Leaving Husband Because He's 'too Good'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.