Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,787 members, 7,810,051 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:33 PM

2012 Lagos Countdown: Biggest New Year's Eve Party In Africa - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2012 Lagos Countdown: Biggest New Year's Eve Party In Africa (8386 Views)

Breaking: Buhari Forms New Party In America / BREAKING: Suicide Bomber Strikes In Gombe State On New Year’s Eve / FG Plans Huge New Year's Eve Party! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2012 Lagos Countdown: Biggest New Year's Eve Party In Africa by Symphony007: 3:39pm On Dec 27, 2012
playboy19:

Education is not just about attending and graduating from some community colleges, its mostly about personal development. I believe you would have done better if you had taken a few minute to research about the most congested traffics in the world. Los Angeles, California must be the second most terrible traffics in the world (if not the first) and people not only within the US but the world over, troops into LA daily... so just shut your gob if you don't know what you're talking about. Plus FYI, this is the festive period, traffic congestion is well expected in any bubbling city.
i pride myself an exceptional gentleman so i won't exchange insults but facts with you my good man...firstly i did'nt know los angeles, califonia is in africa cause i said lagos has the worse traffic in africa so you're geography teacher need questioning. Secondly los angeles has a high speed rail coming and a road network that makes the entire lagos look like 18th century engineering. These parties and the rest are rubbish and a waste of peoples money.
Re: 2012 Lagos Countdown: Biggest New Year's Eve Party In Africa by babapupa: 3:53pm On Dec 27, 2012
Symphony007: my facts are suffering from overightness. Is that even a word? Anyway....!! I don't need to go to hotels to know that all this frevolities do not add a penny to the economy. Rather it is a waste. If you feel your facts are so strong, lay them here with figures from the ministry of culture and tourism or the national oreintation agency and i'll conceed.

Hotels don't make money from huge patronage? Are you from dumb land.

Huge patronage means more revenue to create more jobs by hiring more people, huge patronage means they use more supplies and they have to go back to the market to restock used supplies, meaning they are recycling the money and injecting it into the local economy. When the hotels are busy, it means everybody is making money from the cab drivers to suppliers like food and drink suppliers, toiletries suppliers and the state.

It's a win win situation for everybody.

Don't be shallow minded, its economics101.
Re: 2012 Lagos Countdown: Biggest New Year's Eve Party In Africa by Symphony007: 3:54pm On Dec 27, 2012
kingingkinging:

A pure display of ignorance.

On the contrary, it will generate income for the state.Have you passed Bar Beach in the recent time, LASG has allocated different spots for companies to trade with each spot being paid for, sponsorship will also bring income whereas LASG will only supply the ground and security.

Do you watch CNN and see cities like Macedonia,Dubai, etc countries like Kenya advertising? Do you know the cost of one shorts on our local stations let alone CNN? Have you asked yourself why all these are happening?

The work of the govt is to create enabling environment and attract investors by working on their psyche through what they see. the govt is to invest in the environment and security, going by economic models, the govt should not ordinarily dabble into the running of businesses but should allow private bodies to handle that instead govt should regulate through laws and order.
With stuffs like this and security being guaranteed, LASG is telling people that LAGOS is safe for running of businesses.
Thumbs up to gov Fash. the most intelligent gov in Nigeria.
thank you for the lecture on lagos being the great driver of the private sector in nigeria. As a lover of economic like myself you'll know that buisnesses need an enabling environment, where is it? Is it the bad roads, or the traffic? Or the uneducated work force? Massive insecurity? They need low taxes. Do u know lagos corporate tax rate? Small buisness need tax relief but i watched a documentary of the bbc that you say is "advertising lagos to the world" were an touts and their groups roam around lagos collecting "tax" for the "goverment"..and the bbc anchor was taken to their houses and shown their expensive cars and one even showed him his imported italian shoes. The anchor was visibly shocked that touts could collect and spend government taxes and questioned if what they were doing was legal and the governour was aware with a laugh they invited to anchor to accompany them the following weel to alausa for a courtesy visit on the governour. And truely they met the governour. After the meeting the touts left in their hummers to a secluded part of lagos where they met up with a musician called pasuma and together they partied and threw money at a crowd gathered around them..the bbc anchor was shocked, i was appalled and i'm sure your international investors will be dying to invest in eko!!! Eko oni baje o!
Re: 2012 Lagos Countdown: Biggest New Year's Eve Party In Africa by Symphony007: 3:58pm On Dec 27, 2012
babapupa:

Huge patronage means more revenue to create more jobs by hiring more people, huge patronage means they use more supplies and they have to go back to the market to restock used supplies, meaning they are recycling the money and injecting it into the local economy. When the hotels are busy, it means everybody is making money from the cab drivers to suppliers like food and drink suppliers, toiletries suppliers and the state.

please read very well..before commenting. I never said hotel patronage does not help the economy...but i said if that is your criteria for measuring the flux of tourist then port harcourt and owerri are the biggest tourist destination because hotels in this city are full, though expensive all year round. Like i said. Give me real statistics not vague infinitesimalities.
Re: 2012 Lagos Countdown: Biggest New Year's Eve Party In Africa by babapupa: 4:11pm On Dec 27, 2012
Symphony007: i pride myself an exceptional gentleman so i won't exchange insults but facts with you my good man...firstly i did'nt know los angeles, califonia is in africa cause i said lagos has the worse traffic in africa so you're geography teacher need questioning. Secondly los angeles has a high speed rail coming and a road network that makes the entire lagos look like 18th century engineering. These parties and the rest are rubbish and a waste of peoples money.

Your argument has no foundation and its utterly baseless since this event is not state sponsored and the state and local economy stands to gain a lot from the event.
Furthermore, California is the 7th largest economy in the world and It's already a developed state with over 100 years of development and tens of billions of dollars in yearly budget so its very idiotic to compare both on any level.

Lastly, the speed rail in California is a state project funded with bonds approved and raised by the people of California so get your facts right, you are not talking to mumu.

Also,.los Angeles is working on their speed train and lagos state is working on its metro rail so what's your point?

Keep quiet please.
Re: 2012 Lagos Countdown: Biggest New Year's Eve Party In Africa by babapupa: 4:27pm On Dec 27, 2012
Symphony007: please read very well..before commenting. I never said hotel patronage does not help the economy...but i said if that is your criteria for measuring the flux of tourist then port harcourt and owerri are the biggest tourist destination because hotels in this city are full, though expensive all year round. Like i said. Give me real statistics no vague infinitesimalities.

Don't shift the goal post. You said it adds nothing to the local economy. That was an ignorant statement because when the hotel are busy with guest, they are making money and re injecting money back into the local economy.

I don't have to stoop down low to your owerri rubbish. What is the entire population of imo and what's the gdp against lagos? Who are the tourists visiting owerri and what are the tourist attractions. And where is your own stats?

We are not talking about ashawo and isi ewu joints.
Re: 2012 Lagos Countdown: Biggest New Year's Eve Party In Africa by Nobody: 4:44pm On Dec 27, 2012
It's about d cross-over celebration organized by Lagos State from 31 Dec 2012-1st Jan 2012 with Performances by A-list Artistes such as Tiwa Savage, Tu face,Wizkid and many more and a spectacular show of lights,fireworks, pyrotechnics and lighting effects, followed by a specially created audio midnight-countdown and a 20- minute live show anchored from the rooftop of Avenue Suites...U do nt want 2 miss dis
about an hour ago · Like..

1 Like

Re: 2012 Lagos Countdown: Biggest New Year's Eve Party In Africa by babapupa: 4:49pm On Dec 27, 2012
souleman07@gmai:
It's about d cross-over celebration organized by Lagos State from 31 Dec 2012-1st Jan 2012 with Performances by A-list Artistes such as Tiwa Savage, Tu face,Wizkid and many more and a spectacular show of lights,fireworks, pyrotechnics and lighting effects, followed by a specially created audio midnight-countdown and a 20- minute live show anchored from the rooftop of Avenue Suites...U do nt want 2 miss dis
about an hour ago · Like..

Just beautiful.....

Eko o ni baje o...
Re: 2012 Lagos Countdown: Biggest New Year's Eve Party In Africa by Symphony007: 4:53pm On Dec 27, 2012
babapupa:

Your argument has no foundation and its utterly baseless since this event is not state sponsored and the state and local economy stands to gain a lot from the event.
Furthermore, California is the 7th largest economy in the world and It's already a developed state with over 100 years of development and tens of billions of dollars in yearly budget so its very idiotic to compare both on any level.

Lastly, the speed rail in California is a state project funded with bonds approved and raised by the people of California so get your facts right, you are not talking to mumu.

Also,.los Angeles is working on their speed train and lagos state is working on its metro rail so what's your point?

Keep quiet please.
the los angeles high speed rail mister. Is the federally sponsored program, it's facing blockage in congress due to the failed stimulus so it's not even started yet. You just exastubated a certain level of quantum ignorance. Plus what evidence apart from official release that this frevolity is sponsored and not funded by the government?
Re: 2012 Lagos Countdown: Biggest New Year's Eve Party In Africa by Symphony007: 4:59pm On Dec 27, 2012
babapupa:

Don't shift the goal post. You said it adds nothing to the local economy. That was an ignorant statement because when the hotel are busy with guest, they are making money and re injecting money back into the local economy.

I don't have to stoop down low to your owerri rubbish. What is the entire population of imo and what's the gdp against lagos? Who are the tourists visiting owerri and what are the tourist attractions. And where is your own stats?

We are not talking about ashawo and isi ewu joints.
is reading now so hard mister? I said this triviality will not add to the economy not hotels. Ate hotels not buisnesses? Futhermore you claim the hotels in imo is a joint for prostitutes or brothels. Well what evidence do u have of that? Are you a love-vendor. Cause according to your thinking of knowing tourist traffic by hotel accomodation then imo is a larger tourist destination than lagos.
Re: 2012 Lagos Countdown: Biggest New Year's Eve Party In Africa by kaze4blues(m): 5:44pm On Dec 27, 2012
Tobbylobar: O baje ti.......1st to comment...yeeeeppppp

Am happy for u oo
Re: 2012 Lagos Countdown: Biggest New Year's Eve Party In Africa by eledalo: 5:51pm On Dec 27, 2012
Imagine if GEJ/FG proposed to hold 'The Biggest New Year's Eve Party in Africa' in Abuja, complete with gbedu and media adverts? What will you say?
Check my previous posts.
I'm not a PDP man, neither am I an ACN man nor a CPC man or APGA or LP or whatever. But if we see government engaging in rubbish activities with NO effect on the populace, please speak up. Fashola/ACN is not perfect and neither is GEJ/PDP
Re: 2012 Lagos Countdown: Biggest New Year's Eve Party In Africa by kingingkinging: 6:10pm On Dec 27, 2012
Symphony007: thank you for the lecture on lagos being the great driver of the private sector in nigeria. As a lover of economic like myself you'll know that buisnesses need an enabling environment, where is it? Is it the bad roads, or the traffic? Or the uneducated work force? Massive insecurity? They need low taxes. Do u know lagos corporate tax rate? Small buisness need tax relief but i watched a documentary of the bbc that you say is "advertising lagos to the world" were an touts and their groups roam around lagos collecting "tax" for the "goverment"..and the bbc anchor was taken to their houses and shown their expensive cars and one even showed him his imported italian shoes. The anchor was visibly shocked that touts could collect and spend government taxes and questioned if what they were doing was legal and the governour was aware with a laugh they invited to anchor to accompany them the following weel to alausa for a courtesy visit on the governour. And truely they met the governour. After the meeting the touts left in their hummers to a secluded part of lagos where they met up with a musician called pasuma and together they partied and threw money at a crowd gathered around them..the bbc anchor was shocked, i was appalled and i'm sure your international investors will be dying to invest in eko!!! Eko oni baje o!

Sir, I dont know what your academic background is, maybe you are a doctor or an engineer but I am an accountant with special interest in investment (sorry for saying this but it is becoming necessary so as to tell you I know what I am saying). You points above cannot hold water because they are practically and professionally shaky. You mentioned the following- Bad road, Traffic, uneducated workforce, massive insecurity, high corporate tax. Let me now explain to u.

1. Bad road- I dont know if you stay in Lagos but by Nigerian standard, over 70 percent of Lagos metropoly is ok in terms of road some with CCTV camera and street lights, I am not talking about inner roads. This is what an investor wants to see.
2. Traffic is in Lagos during the business hour is very light especially from 9am to 4pm with the help of traffic light it is even non-extent except when there is an accident. So Lagos is not an exception in terms of traffic problem. You can see it in any advanced/populated city. the modus operandi or control is what makes the difference. It gets worse when people close around 5pm to say 8pm, this may not really be a problem for an investor.
3. Uneducated workforce. This is not clear to me. You mean people working in Lagos or working for Lagos? All the lawyers in Lagos, bankers, architects, engineers, etc are still uneducated? I dont know what you are saying here. If it is about tax, you must have heard of State Internal Revenue Service. It is a pure professional work, which all states have theirs. So you can never see an illetrate there except their blue collar workers.
4. Corporate Tax rate. Here you goofed by saying corporate tax is high in Lagos. It shows you dont know much about what you are saying. Corporate tax is purely Fed govt baby, no state charges or collects corprate tax. Federal Inland Revenue Service is purely in charge, so , Lagos is giving FG money through the companies in Lagos. the only revenue accruable to any state including your state and my state is PIT- personal income tax and WHT -withholding tax from individuals(not corporate bodies). The law or ACT was being passed and can only be passed by the Federal govt, signed by the president and gazzeted, so the same tax rate in Lagos is what operates in Bayelsa, Kano, Osun, Ondo,Imo, etc . Lagos just enforces the collection and generates more IGR because they have effective and efficient system more than all other states.

Pls respect LASG for what they do instead of criticizing them. I also want my state to be this efficient.

2 Likes

Re: 2012 Lagos Countdown: Biggest New Year's Eve Party In Africa by veraponpo(m): 6:11pm On Dec 27, 2012
Symphony007: thank you for the lecture on lagos being the great driver of the private sector in nigeria. As a lover of economic like myself you'll know that buisnesses need an enabling environment, where is it? Is it the bad roads, or the traffic? Or the uneducated work force? Massive insecurity? They need low taxes. Do u know lagos corporate tax rate? Small buisness need tax relief but i watched a documentary of the bbc that you say is "advertising lagos to the world" were an touts and their groups roam around lagos collecting "tax" for the "goverment"..and the bbc anchor was taken to their houses and shown their expensive cars and one even showed him his imported italian shoes. The anchor was visibly shocked that touts could collect and spend government taxes and questioned if what they were doing was legal and the governour was aware with a laugh they invited to anchor to accompany them the following weel to alausa for a courtesy visit on the governour. And truely they met the governour. After the meeting the touts left in their hummers to a secluded part of lagos where they met up with a musician called pasuma and together they partied and threw money at a crowd gathered around them..the bbc anchor was shocked, i was appalled and i'm sure your international investors will be dying to invest in eko!!! Eko oni baje o!

Bros . You dont know much about what you are saying.

You just committed fallacies up there.

You goofed.
Re: 2012 Lagos Countdown: Biggest New Year's Eve Party In Africa by PeterKbaba: 6:12pm On Dec 27, 2012
babapupa:

It's so funny, cause it seems most of this people are brain dead and its so unfortunate, not to even know what it means to be business oriented and have a foresight ..... Later you see them envious of the state
Re: 2012 Lagos Countdown: Biggest New Year's Eve Party In Africa by veraponpo(m): 6:14pm On Dec 27, 2012
kingingkinging:

Sir, I dont know what your academic background is, maybe you are a doctor or an engineer but I am an accountant with special interest in investment (sorry for saying this but it is becoming necessary so as to tell you I know what I am saying). You points above cannot hold water because they are practically and professionally shaky. You mentioned the following- Bad road, Traffic, uneducated workforce, massive insecurity, high corporate tax. Let me now explain to u.

1. Bad road- I dont know if you stay in Lagos but by Nigerian standard, over 70 percent of Lagos metropoly is ok in terms of road some with CCTV camera and street lights, I am not talking about inner roads. This is what an investor wants to see.
2. Traffic is in Lagos during the business hour is very light especially from 9am to 4pm with the help of traffic light it is even non-extent except when there is an accident. So Lagos is not an exception in terms of traffic problem. You can see it in any advanced/populated city. the modus operandi or control is what makes the difference. It gets worse when people close around 5pm to say 8pm, this may not really be a problem for an investor.
3. Uneducated workforce. This is not clear to me. You mean people working in Lagos or working for Lagos? All the lawyers in Lagos, bankers, architects, engineers, etc are still uneducated? I dont know what you are saying here. If it is about tax, you must have heard of State Internal Revenue Service. It is a pure professional work, which all states have theirs. So you can never see an illetrate there except their blue collar workers.
4. Corporate Tax rate. Here you goofed by saying corporate tax is high in Lagos. It shows you dont know much about what you are saying. Corporate tax is purely Fed govt baby, no state charges or collects corprate tax. Federal Inland Revenue Service is purely in charge, so , Lagos is giving FG money through the companies in Lagos. the only revenue accruable to any state including your state and my state is PIT- personal income tax and WHT -withholding tax from individuals(not corporate bodies). The law or ACT was being passed and can only be passed by the Federal govt, signed by the president and gazzeted, so the same tax rate in Lagos is what operates in Bayelsa, Kano, Osun, Ondo,Imo, etc . Lagos just enforces the collection and generates more IGR because they have effective and efficient system more than all other states.

Pls respect LASG for what they do instead of criticizing them. I also want my state to be this efficient.

Thank you for taking your time to explain. You are indeed a professional.

I really think I need to see you. Pls send your e-mail or phone number-no scam ooo.lool
Re: 2012 Lagos Countdown: Biggest New Year's Eve Party In Africa by babapupa: 6:15pm On Dec 27, 2012
What is the difference between hotels and economy? Are hotels not part of the economy where money exchange hands, where people worm and collect paychecks that pays their rent, that feed their families, that they spend on entertainment which grows the economy...... This is the meaning of economy..

Symphony007: is reading now so hard mister? I said this triviality will not add to the economy not hotels. Ate hotels not buisnesses? Futhermore you claim the hotels in imo is a joint for prostitutes or brothels. Well what evidence do u have of that? Are you a love-vendor. Cause according to your thinking of knowing tourist traffic by hotel accomodation then imo is a larger tourist destination than lagos.

Again, shut up about your mushroom isi ewu hotels in owerri.
Re: 2012 Lagos Countdown: Biggest New Year's Eve Party In Africa by PeterKbaba: 6:22pm On Dec 27, 2012
eledalo: Imagine if GEJ/FG proposed to hold 'The Biggest New Year's Eve Party in Africa' in Abuja, complete with gbedu and media adverts? What will you say?
Check my previous posts.
I'm not a PDP man, neither am I an ACN man nor a CPC man or APGA or LP or whatever. But if we see government engaging in rubbish activities with NO effect on the populace, please speak up. Fashola/ACN is not perfect and neither is GEJ/PDP

Please wake up. You people dont seem to understand that the word, name, state "Lagos" is already a brand.... So you see company, government, musicians, actors organizing programs with Lagos.

Re: 2012 Lagos Countdown: Biggest New Year's Eve Party In Africa by PeterKbaba: 6:30pm On Dec 27, 2012
kingingkinging:

"SNM" "Say No More" You took your words off my thoughts. I dont understand how people act educated, but are sincerely brain dead.
Just to add to your #2 traffic explanation: Lagos State as the first in Africa Lagos state traffic radio, only for traffic, accident and road management.
Re: 2012 Lagos Countdown: Biggest New Year's Eve Party In Africa by babapupa: 6:54pm On Dec 27, 2012
Symphony007: the los angeles high speed rail mister. Is the federally sponsored program, it's facing blockage in congress due to the failed stimulus so it's not even started yet. You just exastubated a certain level of quantum ignorance. Plus what evidence apart from official release that this frevolity is sponsored and not funded by the government?

Listen to this Olodo. This is a voter approved project that authorized the state to raise bond $10 billion bond money for the project. It was prop 1A and I personality voted for this project. The only federal participation is federal matching fund .

I don't even understand the meaning of this gibberish or what its got to do with guguru and epa ..
Re: 2012 Lagos Countdown: Biggest New Year's Eve Party In Africa by Jaideyone(m): 7:32pm On Dec 27, 2012
Symphony007: is reading now so hard mister? I said this triviality will not add to the economy not hotels. Ate hotels not buisnesses? Futhermore you claim the hotels in imo is a joint for prostitutes or brothels. Well what evidence do u have of that? Are you a love-vendor. Cause according to your thinking of knowing tourist traffic by hotel accomodation then imo is a larger tourist destination than lagos.
You're very ignorant. People shouldn't waste their time arguing with a myopic person like you

1 Like

Re: 2012 Lagos Countdown: Biggest New Year's Eve Party In Africa by Symphony007: 8:14pm On Dec 27, 2012
kingingkinging:

that was quite a lovely write up but ridden with massive loopholes. You claim 70% of lagos has good roads? Why does victoria island, home to many multinationals get flooded at the slightest rain fall? I guess you've forgotten so soon the rainfall of about a year ago when lagos was almost submerged in water and due to the choas the govt. Had to declare a public holiday the following day. Also you i never said lagos did'nt have an educated work force they do. But it's low. And most of them unqualified. Your corporate tax explanation was just all over the place because i need u to explain to me why a city like abia will have the same tax rate as lagos, abuja or port harcourt. Lastly you did'nt address the tout tax collectors who are killing small buisnesses all over the city of lagos.
Re: 2012 Lagos Countdown: Biggest New Year's Eve Party In Africa by Symphony007: 8:17pm On Dec 27, 2012
veraponpo:

Bros . You dont know much about what you are saying.

You just committed fallacies up there.

You goofed.
if you have something to say do so..cause what you just said is shambolic. Make an intelligent point.
Re: 2012 Lagos Countdown: Biggest New Year's Eve Party In Africa by Symphony007: 8:19pm On Dec 27, 2012
Jaidey-one:
You're very ignorant. People shouldn't waste their time arguing with a myopic person like you
nice talking to you mister!! And a happy new year in advance. grin
Jaidey-one:
nice talking to you mister!! And a happy new year in advance.
Re: 2012 Lagos Countdown: Biggest New Year's Eve Party In Africa by babapupa: 8:23pm On Dec 27, 2012
Symphony007: that was quite a lovely write up but ridden with massive loopholes. You claim 70% of lagos has good roads? Why does victoria island, home to many multinationals get flooded at the slightest rain fall? I guess you've forgotten so soon the rainfall of about a year ago when lagos was almost submerged in water and due to the choas the govt. Had to declare a public holiday the following day. Also you i never said lagos did'nt have an educated work force they do. But it's low. And most of them unqualified. Your corporate tax explanation was just all over the place because i need u to explain to me why a city like abia will have the same tax rate as lagos, abuja or port harcourt. Lastly you did'nt address the tout tax collectors who are killing small buisnesses all over the city of lagos.

Flooding in the areas you mentioned has nothing to do with bad roads, that part of lagos is below the sea level so when the sea rises, there is nowhere for the water to go hence flooding..

Stick to your village and worry less about lagos.
Re: 2012 Lagos Countdown: Biggest New Year's Eve Party In Africa by Symphony007: 8:25pm On Dec 27, 2012
babapupa:

Listen to this Olodo. This is a voter approved project that authorized the state to raise bond $10 billion bond money for the project. It was prop 1A and I personality voted for this project. The only federal participation is federal matching fund .

I don't even understand the meaning of this gibberish or what its got to do with guguru and epa ..
oh do padon me. I forgot prop 1 passed and was signed by governour brown. But back to the infastructure in lagos. Why is a mega world class city like lagos always submerged in water whenever it rains? Guess you remember about a year ago when floods shut down lagos and cause a public holiday to be put in place the following day.
Re: 2012 Lagos Countdown: Biggest New Year's Eve Party In Africa by Symphony007: 8:30pm On Dec 27, 2012
babapupa:

Flooding in the areas you mentioned has nothing to do with bad roads, that part of lagos is below the sea level so when the sea rises, there is nowhere for the water to go hence flooding..

Stick to your village and worry less about lagos.

ahmadu bello way, victoria island is below sea level? And how comes the hudson river does'nt flood lower manhattan since according to your geographical knowledge it's suppose to be below sea level.
Re: 2012 Lagos Countdown: Biggest New Year's Eve Party In Africa by babapupa: 8:31pm On Dec 27, 2012
Symphony007: oh do padon me. I forgot prop 1 passed and was signed by governour brown. But back to the infastructure in lagos. Why is a mega world class city like lagos always submerged in water whenever it rains? Guess you remember about a year ago when floods shut down lagos and cause a public holiday to be put in place the following day.

Your flooding answer is up there. Learn some geography and read more about lagos state before commenting on anything about lagos state.

Glad you recognized your Olodo ways about California.
Re: 2012 Lagos Countdown: Biggest New Year's Eve Party In Africa by ektbear: 8:33pm On Dec 27, 2012
nice.
Re: 2012 Lagos Countdown: Biggest New Year's Eve Party In Africa by babapupa: 8:40pm On Dec 27, 2012
Symphony007: ahmadu bello way, victoria island is below sea level? And how comes the hudson river does'nt flood lower manhattan since according to your geographical knowledge it's suppose to be below sea level.

Olodo, Google is your friend. Use it sometimes.
Re: 2012 Lagos Countdown: Biggest New Year's Eve Party In Africa by Symphony007: 8:47pm On Dec 27, 2012
babapupa:

Your flooding answer is up there. Learn some geography and read more about lagos state before commenting on anything about lagos state.

Glad you recognized your Olodo ways about California.
behave yourself and have some courtesy.. Discussions don't call for name calling. I expect better for you!
Re: 2012 Lagos Countdown: Biggest New Year's Eve Party In Africa by Symphony007: 8:49pm On Dec 27, 2012
babapupa:

Olodo, Google is your friend. Use it sometimes.
i asked you. Not google. Why refer me to google? If your brain brought you this far, i'm sure it can go a little further.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I’ll Rectify Unequal Appointment Of Yorubas If Reelected, Says Jonathan / Trader Moni: FG Empowers 30,000 Petty Traders In Osun / 2023 Presidency: Accept Winner As Allah's Choice - Sultan Of Sokoto

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 131
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.