Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,521 members, 7,823,252 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:30 AM

Can Baby Walkers Give Them Bow Legs? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can Baby Walkers Give Them Bow Legs? (2322 Views)

Baby Boy Born Without Limbs (missing Arms & Legs) In Bauchi / The New Trends In Getting Married These Days.. I Bow! / K-legs Or Bow Legs; Which One Is More Sexy To You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Baby Walkers Give Them Bow Legs? by myowncomputer: 5:41pm On Dec 28, 2012
I was just wondering if my 6-month+ old boys could develop bow legs from using baby walkers.They love running about the empty room in them. Any personal experience please?
Re: Can Baby Walkers Give Them Bow Legs? by greatgod2012(f): 6:06pm On Dec 28, 2012
I don think so, my first kid use it for a very long time, he started using it from 6 months till he started walking around 10 months and he never got bow-leg or k-leg. My 2nd kid also used it, but not long, may be for just 10 days, before she refuse to use it again and she didnt have bowleg or k-leg, and we didnt even introduce it to dis my last baby, and hes almost 2 yrs now.
I think bow/k-leg has to do with
1. Inadequate of a certain vitamin, (i dont know d name)which have effect on d bone, it gets better if calcium is introduced to d child.
2. Heredity, i have seen so many kids with bow/k-leg, whose either d father or d mother also has, with that, we can say, its hereditary there.
So, in my own opinion, walkers doesnt cause bow/k-leg. Let your kids use it but monitor them.
May God help us all.
Re: Can Baby Walkers Give Them Bow Legs? by Joebeck(f): 6:50pm On Dec 28, 2012
Walker does not cause bow leg for baby, I used it for my kids and none of them have bow leg.
Re: Can Baby Walkers Give Them Bow Legs? by JallowBah(f): 6:36am On Dec 29, 2012
It CAN affect the hips, because of the way the seat is made. It is the same problem with the baby carrier called Baby Bjorn. The kids are sitting in a position where the blood don`t go down to the legs too good because of the way the hips are placed. The best sitting-position is the spreaded way they sit on the back the traditional way in Africa.

Many kids have, in Europe, been discovered blue all down their legs, after using the chair or Baby Bjorn, because of bad blood-circulation.
It is much more difficult to spot that on african babies..
Re: Can Baby Walkers Give Them Bow Legs? by myowncomputer: 3:41pm On Dec 30, 2012
Many thanks.

(1) (Reply)

The Inspirational Story Of Tyler Perry-a Lesson On Forgiveness / What Pet Name Do You Call Your Hubby/spouse? / When Are U Coming Home,my Love(s)?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.