Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,477 members, 7,770,168 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 06:30 AM

Militants Kill Seven In Raids On Northern Towns- BBC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Militants Kill Seven In Raids On Northern Towns- BBC (8568 Views)

Northern Elders To Jonathan - You Have Declared War On Northern Nigeria / Open Letter To Alhaji Aliko Dangote On Northern Nigeria And Boko Haram / We ‘re On Northern Govs’payroll – Boko Haram (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Militants Kill Seven In Raids On Northern Towns- BBC by Nobody: 9:09am On Dec 30, 2012
Suspected Islamist militants have killed at least seven people in attacks on two northern Nigerian towns, military spokesmen said.

Five people were killed in a raid on a village outside Maiduguri, a stronghold of Islamist militants Boko Haram.

In a second attack, gunmen killed two people, including a policeman, and burnt down government buildings in Maiha, on the border with Cameroon.

No group has claimed responsibility for the attacks.

The Nigerian military said it had arrested three people and seized weapons following the attack outside Maiduguri.

A school teacher in the village told the Associated Press that gunmen had gathered people into a group before massacring them. The teacher said 15 people had died in the attack; many had had their throats slit.

Violence linked to the Boko Haram insurgency - a group seeking to impose Islamic law on the country - has claimed hundreds of live in 2012.

Six people died in an attack on a church on Christmas Day, while seven people were killed on Wednesday in Maiduguri, the city where Boko Haram launched its campaign in 2009.

Nigeria is divided between a mainly Muslim north and a Christian south.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-20865886

1 Like

Re: Militants Kill Seven In Raids On Northern Towns- BBC by 80million1: 10:40am On Dec 30, 2012
*speechless*

I am d 1st to take a seat.

So many bad news, but i gat sum gud news for my peeps.

Agbalumo is finaly out!

2 Likes

Re: Militants Kill Seven In Raids On Northern Towns- BBC by pwiz(m): 10:41am On Dec 30, 2012
Oh lord not again. May the wrath of the almighty be upon the perpetrators.
Re: Militants Kill Seven In Raids On Northern Towns- BBC by Nobody: 10:45am On Dec 30, 2012
Reading right inside the church and asking God when would all this bloodshed stop.
Re: Militants Kill Seven In Raids On Northern Towns- BBC by oyin01(m): 10:46am On Dec 30, 2012
their father ooooooooooooo. Ive always been thinknig, what does these people want that makes them destroying lives and properties. WHAT DO THEY WANT #SOBS#
Re: Militants Kill Seven In Raids On Northern Towns- BBC by lilvonz(m): 10:46am On Dec 30, 2012
God, Please heal this country.
Re: Militants Kill Seven In Raids On Northern Towns- BBC by izenco2005(m): 10:46am On Dec 30, 2012
lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: Militants Kill Seven In Raids On Northern Towns- BBC by chacha3(f): 10:47am On Dec 30, 2012
Kai, I wonder when all these killings will end.
Re: Militants Kill Seven In Raids On Northern Towns- BBC by maingwaest(f): 10:50am On Dec 30, 2012
when ll all this massacre stop?
Re: Militants Kill Seven In Raids On Northern Towns- BBC by Nobody: 10:50am On Dec 30, 2012
those northern muslims are animals

1 Like

Re: Militants Kill Seven In Raids On Northern Towns- BBC by chacha3(f): 10:54am On Dec 30, 2012
dirtymoney: Reading right inside the church and asking God when would all this bloodshed stop.
not judging u though but you are in the presence of God so why browse? Just feel is not right,just my thought anyway.

1 Like

Re: Militants Kill Seven In Raids On Northern Towns- BBC by Nobody: 10:56am On Dec 30, 2012
muslims seems to be enjoying stories of killings.
they are gradually and systematically exterminating non muslims in their zones.
northern leaders are happy
muslim leaders like sheik gumi are happy
God will judge you all

1 Like

Re: Militants Kill Seven In Raids On Northern Towns- BBC by emron1(m): 11:00am On Dec 30, 2012
whenever this western media start to refer nigeria as christian south and muslim north. Sudan begins to appear more similar to nigerias feature.
Re: Militants Kill Seven In Raids On Northern Towns- BBC by pak: 11:36am On Dec 30, 2012
I have a problem with this kind of headline.

Its just like saying 'Wife of a minister kidnapped in Southern Nigeria ? or 5 raped in Africa ?

I mean what is Northern Nigeria ? Can't the location or at least the state be specified in the topic/headline to at least give the news the proper perspective.

This only feeds into a narrative that Northern Nigeria is filled with barbaric, murderous and senseless group of people, which is very untrue and unfortunate. There are actually many states in Northern Nigeria that are far more peaceful than southern states.

Why do you think that when Nigerians from other regions settle in the North, despite the purported violence and insecurity, they find it very difficult to come back ?

RIP to the dead. And we pray God grants peace in this country

1 Like

Re: Militants Kill Seven In Raids On Northern Towns- BBC by Nobody: 11:37am On Dec 30, 2012
Reoccuring decimal
Re: Militants Kill Seven In Raids On Northern Towns- BBC by BlueMurder(m): 11:43am On Dec 30, 2012
rafhell: those northern muslims are animals

I'm sure you were hoping fervently for this to happen so that you could rush here in unholy haste and insult Islam and its adherents, on the basis of the actions of a few whose identity you know next to nothing about. No doubt, doing that always gives you multiple orga.sms.

So, when are you bringing the next one?

1 Like

Re: Militants Kill Seven In Raids On Northern Towns- BBC by Nobody: 12:12pm On Dec 30, 2012
rafhell: A school teacher in the village told the Associated Press that gunmen had gathered people into a group before massacring them. The teacher said 15 people had died in the attack; many had had their throats slit.

What can I Say?
Re: Militants Kill Seven In Raids On Northern Towns- BBC by PROUDIGBO(m): 12:28pm On Dec 30, 2012
oyin01: their father ooooooooooooo. Ive always been thinknig, what does these people want that makes them destroying lives and properties. WHAT DO THEY WANT #SOBS#

^^^They want Nigeria back, and wouldn't settle for anything less.

Hope that answered your question.
Re: Militants Kill Seven In Raids On Northern Towns- BBC by Ikwerefistson: 1:07pm On Dec 30, 2012
dirtymoney: Reading right inside the church and asking God when would all this bloodshed stop.
nd he replid unles nija is divided into 6
Re: Militants Kill Seven In Raids On Northern Towns- BBC by ignis: 1:21pm On Dec 30, 2012
The triumph of evil over good is only but temporal. The killings will soon be over:
Re: Militants Kill Seven In Raids On Northern Towns- BBC by ffo(m): 1:38pm On Dec 30, 2012

INSIDE CHURCH?
Re: Militants Kill Seven In Raids On Northern Towns- BBC by drax(m): 1:44pm On Dec 30, 2012

1 Like

Re: Militants Kill Seven In Raids On Northern Towns- BBC by omenziate(m): 2:20pm On Dec 30, 2012
Sheikh Gumi, talk to ur brodas in arms. U virgin seekers.
Re: Militants Kill Seven In Raids On Northern Towns- BBC by deloon(m): 2:40pm On Dec 30, 2012
chacha3: not judging u though but you are in the presence of God so why browse? Just feel is not right,just my thought anyway.
My thoughts too.
Re: Militants Kill Seven In Raids On Northern Towns- BBC by Novice1(m): 3:25pm On Dec 30, 2012
BlueMurder:

I'm sure you were hoping fervently for this to happen so that you could rush here in unholy haste and insult Islam and its adherents, on the basis of the actions of a few whose identity you know next to nothing about. No doubt, doing that always gives you multiple orga.sms.

Bros, silence is the best answer to these Ignoramuses. Many of them are not even true christians. I believe no true christian will insult other religions.

Allah will fulfill His Light even if the Mushrikoon detest.
Re: Militants Kill Seven In Raids On Northern Towns- BBC by mu2sa2: 3:56pm On Dec 30, 2012
omenziate: Sheikh Gumi, talk to ur brodas in arms. U virgin seekers.
Sheikh Gumi had condemned boko haram from the onset, for which they dispatched two suicide bombers to kill him (the bombs exploded with the bombers before they could reach him). Many imams especially in maiduguri were not so lucky. Sheikh gumi is a person who speaks his mind on a number of issues- he is very blunt, maybe because of his background as a former army officer.
Re: Militants Kill Seven In Raids On Northern Towns- BBC by vanstanzy(m): 4:23pm On Dec 30, 2012
Islam on rampage as usual. Religion of PISS, and their Shiekhs' and Emirs will look the other way as these assaults go on.
Re: Militants Kill Seven In Raids On Northern Towns- BBC by vanstanzy(m): 4:33pm On Dec 30, 2012
Let the Northern indigenes' ID these "vermons", and set the Northern economy free.
Re: Militants Kill Seven In Raids On Northern Towns- BBC by zangiff(m): 4:33pm On Dec 30, 2012
Re: Militants Kill Seven In Raids On Northern Towns- BBC by Aphrygian(m): 4:35pm On Dec 30, 2012
If those poeple perpeturating this act are really muslims.i recomend a change of their religion's name from ISLAM to ISLARM

1 Like

Re: Militants Kill Seven In Raids On Northern Towns- BBC by jcross19: 7:12pm On Dec 30, 2012
BlueMurder:

u see ur id, u are blood sucking beast.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Innoson New SUV Vehicles (pics) / PDP To Buhari: Do Not Subjugate Your Interest As National Interest / Turkish Diplomat Mourns Nnamdi Kanu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.