Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,419 members, 7,815,942 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:41 PM

Is It A Sin To Kiss Before Marriage? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It A Sin To Kiss Before Marriage? (20163 Views)

10 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Indulge In Sex Before Marriage- Danceville / Top Girls That I Must Kiss Before I Die / Is It A Sin To Fall In Love In The Church??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It A Sin To Kiss Before Marriage? by Nobody: 6:16pm On Dec 30, 2012
The bible is very confusing on this topic. You see, the old testament only talked about adultery, cheating on your husband/wife. But then the new testament talked about lust, which kissing can lead to. Kissing, itself, is not a sin. But the thoughts that could come out of it could be sinful.
House, is it a sin to kiss before marriage?
Re: Is It A Sin To Kiss Before Marriage? by martyns303(m): 6:23pm On Dec 30, 2012
Not just kissing, the very thought of it is Sin.

5 Likes

Re: Is It A Sin To Kiss Before Marriage? by babysnogls: 6:36pm On Dec 30, 2012
There are different categories of kiss, abi? There's d English kiss, French kiss, Irish kiss, Polish kiss, Indian kiss, Holy kiss,Naija kiss etc. When kissing begins to involve tongues and spits, what goes on in ur mind makes it a sin.
#Abi why do they tell u in church or court ''u MAY NOW kiss d bride''

4 Likes

Re: Is It A Sin To Kiss Before Marriage? by Nobody: 6:43pm On Dec 30, 2012
martyns303: Not just kissing, the very thought of it is Sin.
Thanks
Re: Is It A Sin To Kiss Before Marriage? by Nobody: 6:45pm On Dec 30, 2012
babysnogls: There are different categories of kiss, abi? There's d English kiss, French kiss, Irish kiss, Polish kiss, Indian kiss, Holy kiss,Naija kiss etc. When kissing begins to involve tongues and spits, what goes on in ur mind makes it a sin.
#Abi why do they tell u in church or court ''u MAY NOW kiss d bride''
Alright, thanks. Can you please explain the various kinds of kiss?
Re: Is It A Sin To Kiss Before Marriage? by Serendipity: 6:46pm On Dec 30, 2012
Yes and no. Why? Kissing just like hugging can be used to show affection and fondness in which case it is not a sin; the fact that one may gain erec¤tion or sensual pleasure in the course of doing same. So when the sensual pleasure is a consequence of kissing done innocuosly, then no sin has been committed. (This happens mostly in ordinary kissing as opposed to french kissing.)
BUT when a person kisses not as a sign of affection or fondness but with the intention of gaining sensual pleasure, (especially in french kissing) then to my mind a sin is committed.
HOWEVER, it is usually counselled that members of the opposite sex who wish to remain single should abstain from exhibiting such signs of affection especially when alone lest they might be overtaken by lust which may lead to engaging in the main act.
ALSO, one should understand and guard over oneself, as man may even gain an erection just by chatting or holding hands with a female.
Prudence and discipline should be applied always.
Shalom!

13 Likes

Re: Is It A Sin To Kiss Before Marriage? by Serendipity: 6:50pm On Dec 30, 2012
I'm afraid but I disagree completely that the very thought of kissing is a sin.
I mean, it lacks pragmatism.

2 Likes

Re: Is It A Sin To Kiss Before Marriage? by Nobody: 7:06pm On Dec 30, 2012
Re: Is It A Sin To Kiss Before Marriage? by Nobody: 7:06pm On Dec 30, 2012
Serendipity: Yes and no. Why? Kissing just like hugging can be used to show affection and fondness in which case it is not a sin; the fact that one may gain erection or sensual pleasure in the course of doing same. So when the sensual pleasure is a consequence of kissing done innocuosly, then no sin has been committed. (This happens mostly in ordinary kissing as opposed to french kissing.)
BUT when a person kisses not as a sign of affection or fondness but with the intention of gaining sensual pleasure, (especially in french kissing) then to my mind a sin is committed.
HOWEVER, it is usually counselled that members of the opposite sex who wish to remain single should abstain from exhibiting such signs of affection especially when alone lest they might be overtaken by lust which may lead to engaging in the main act.
ALSO, one should understand and guard over oneself, as man may even gain an erection just by chatting or holding hands with a female.
Prudence and discipline should be applied always.
Shalom!
Thanks. Well explained
Re: Is It A Sin To Kiss Before Marriage? by Eneze1(f): 8:35pm On Dec 30, 2012
Jamb question
Re: Is It A Sin To Kiss Before Marriage? by Nobody: 8:37pm On Dec 30, 2012
It doesn't matter if it's a sin to fck before marriage. You don't go to hell because you're a sinner. You go there because you have refused to accept Christ.
Fck like never before.
Re: Is It A Sin To Kiss Before Marriage? by Areaboy2(m): 8:38pm On Dec 30, 2012

and the like is from me.. Hoping this is some form of satire grin grin
Re: Is It A Sin To Kiss Before Marriage? by DANILSA(m): 8:41pm On Dec 30, 2012
THE APOSTLE PAUL SAID KISS ONE ANOTHER WITH A HOLY KISS(NOT BAD)
WE KISS OUR LOVED ONES(AGAPE PECKING wink) (not bad)

WHEN WE KISS WITH ROMANTIC INTENTION,WHICH INVOLVES THE WHOLE MOUTH AND TONGUE IT BECOMES LUST AND GROSS MISCONDUCT,IT BECOMES A HEAVY SIN kiss.

1 Like

Re: Is It A Sin To Kiss Before Marriage? by SisiKill1: 8:43pm On Dec 30, 2012
Yes it is a sin.

In fact everything that has to do with the opposite sex is a sin. Don't look, don't touch, don't think about them. Honestly don't even be aware of them or you will find yourself on a one way ticket to hell.

People think twas the Serpent who caused Adam and Eve's downfall when the truth is it was because of the saw each other's unclothedness...and I'm sure I don't what kinda thing can happen in that situation.

So all Christians need to cultivate a way to pretend the other sex does not exist because not kissing is the sure fire way to get you into heaven. Treating each other with care, love and support....all of that is nothing compared to not kissing.

Now that we've gotten that over with, what other thing can we squeeze the joy out of? Eating? Sleeping? Sitting on you bum? What? I know the higher the level of misery, the more Christian one is. ..so it is with immense pleasure I'll gladly help y'all with that.

3 Likes

Re: Is It A Sin To Kiss Before Marriage? by Booty4meTM: 8:46pm On Dec 30, 2012
Is It A Sin To Kiss Before Marriage?

You and Google They Fight?

4 Likes

Re: Is It A Sin To Kiss Before Marriage? by vislabraye(m): 8:48pm On Dec 30, 2012
fados4sure: The bible is very confusing on this topic. You see, the old testament only talked about adultery, cheating on your husband/wife. But then the new testament talked about lust, which kissing can lead to. Kissing, itself, is not a sin. But the thoughts that could come out of it could be sinful.
House, is it a sin to kiss before marriage?

You've already answered yourself.

2 Likes

Re: Is It A Sin To Kiss Before Marriage? by Nobody: 8:53pm On Dec 30, 2012
Sisi_Kill: Yes it is a sin.

In fact everything that has to do with the opposite sex is a sin. Don't look, don't touch, don't think about them. Honestly don't even be aware of them or you will find yourself on a one way ticket to hell.

People think twas the Serpent who caused Adam and Eve's downfall when the truth is it was because of the saw each other's unclothedness...and I'm sure I don't what kinda thing can happen in that situation.

So all Christians need to cultivate a way to pretend the other sex does not exist because not kissing is the sure fire way to get you into heaven. Treating each other with care, love and support....all of that is nothing compared to not kissing.

Now that we've gotten that over with, what other thing can we squeeze the joy out of? Eating? Sleeping? Sitting on you bum? What? I know the higher the level of misery is, the more Christian one is. ..so it is with immense pleasure I'll gladly help y'all with that.

Are you THE Sisikill of those days?
Re: Is It A Sin To Kiss Before Marriage? by allout: 8:53pm On Dec 30, 2012
@ OP: Are you being chaste, naive or what?

Thought I'd seen it all on NL!

1 Like

Re: Is It A Sin To Kiss Before Marriage? by omicron(m): 8:56pm On Dec 30, 2012
Me I dont know the Bible in and out o, but I think Jesus Christ got a kiss on the foot by one woman like that, a lovepeddler or sb. The problem is not the kiss, the issue is what happens in the minds!

2 Likes

Re: Is It A Sin To Kiss Before Marriage? by alaoeri: 8:59pm On Dec 30, 2012
In that case nobody is holy even the holiest is not holy Chai hell fire go full oh with these your statement.
Re: Is It A Sin To Kiss Before Marriage? by lolaben(m): 9:00pm On Dec 30, 2012
Whatever u cannot do in d presense of ur parents is a sin!
Re: Is It A Sin To Kiss Before Marriage? by phiszo(m): 9:00pm On Dec 30, 2012
haba!
Re: Is It A Sin To Kiss Before Marriage? by Stegomiah: 9:00pm On Dec 30, 2012
Kissing is diverse, in Europe nd some oda parts of d world, its a way of greeting, saying goodbyes...it depends on d kind of kissing, buh if its d emotional kissing btw 2love birds b4 marriage, its a sin.
Re: Is It A Sin To Kiss Before Marriage? by OkikiOluwa1(m): 9:01pm On Dec 30, 2012
Waiting...
Re: Is It A Sin To Kiss Before Marriage? by JideTheBlogger(m): 9:02pm On Dec 30, 2012
When pple are doing testing, testing before marriage, u are here asking if kissing is a sin before marriage. Ok ooo
Re: Is It A Sin To Kiss Before Marriage? by 5much(m): 9:06pm On Dec 30, 2012
In my own view,Kissing is not a sin but what goes on in ur mind b4,during nd after d kiss.

1 Like

Re: Is It A Sin To Kiss Before Marriage? by djeezy(m): 9:06pm On Dec 30, 2012
Who kisses with a clear head? I mean the french kiss. It's a sin.
Re: Is It A Sin To Kiss Before Marriage? by Lero15(m): 9:07pm On Dec 30, 2012
lolaben: Whatever u cannot do in d presense of ur parents is a sin!
uhm...so u can wee wee & bathe in d presence of ur parents abi?

2 Likes

Re: Is It A Sin To Kiss Before Marriage? by Sunymoore(m): 9:07pm On Dec 30, 2012
Y now, one can even strike abeg, cox is commodity to beee

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Big Boy Dips Hand Into Girl's Panties Publicly...her Response Will Embarrass You / This Photo Of Olu Jacobs And Wife, Joke Silva Is Everything / Spice your day with these hilarious Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.