Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,001 members, 7,817,964 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:11 AM

Powerful Photos That Tell A Story - Art, Graphics & Video (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Powerful Photos That Tell A Story (37658 Views)

24 Amazingly Creative Photos That Will Wow You... / 30 Most Powerful Photos Ever Taken. The Kind You Never Ever Forget / 25 Photos That Will Make You Look Twice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Powerful Photos That Tell A Story by aurenflani: 12:37pm On Dec 31, 2012
lord.spiritual:

ADOLF HITLER 'exterminated' over 5 million jews and other people he felt were infidels during the holocaust before and during the second world war.....he used public executions, gas chambers, experiments on children and other varying forms of killing....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Holocaust

ADOLP HITLER AND HIS BAND OF LUNATICS ARE WHAT THEY HAVE ALWAYS BEEN1 Murderous fanatical Christians.
Re: Powerful Photos That Tell A Story by mavtrevor(m): 12:40pm On Dec 31, 2012
Release of Windows 95.
Re: Powerful Photos That Tell A Story by mavtrevor(m): 12:40pm On Dec 31, 2012
Arnold Schwarzenegger on the day he recieved his American citizenship.
Re: Powerful Photos That Tell A Story by dulphines: 12:41pm On Dec 31, 2012
pekelepekele: I don't know if anyone here have ever read about the story of the Jews . I will like to know or a link where I can read it .
Why is it that most people of the world don't like them? Are they that bad or what . Just too bad 28k people killed and we say Boko Haram are the worst WOW

1 Like

Re: Powerful Photos That Tell A Story by mavtrevor(m): 12:42pm On Dec 31, 2012
Looks like a bad day to mow your lawn. Pictured are lineups at a gas station during the 1973 fuel shortage. After all its only peculiar to Naija
Re: Powerful Photos That Tell A Story by mavtrevor(m): 12:42pm On Dec 31, 2012
Tearing the Berlin Wall down, 1989.

Re: Powerful Photos That Tell A Story by mavtrevor(m): 12:43pm On Dec 31, 2012
Einstein's office at the Institute for Advanced Study in Princeton, New Jersey, photographed on the day of his death, April 18, 1955.

1 Like

Re: Powerful Photos That Tell A Story by mavtrevor(m): 12:47pm On Dec 31, 2012
Construction of the Eiffel tower in July, 1888.

1 Like

Re: Powerful Photos That Tell A Story by mavtrevor(m): 12:47pm On Dec 31, 2012
A Boeing B-29 Superfortress bomber named “Enola Gay” was the bomber that dropped the “Little Boy” (nuclear bomb) over Hiroshima, Japan during World War 2. It was the first aircraft to drop an atomic bomb as a weapon of war.

Re: Powerful Photos That Tell A Story by mavtrevor(m): 12:50pm On Dec 31, 2012
During the Apollo 16 mission, Charles Duke left a family photo on the moon that was enclosed in a plastic bag.

Re: Powerful Photos That Tell A Story by enimcnite(m): 12:51pm On Dec 31, 2012
The BEST and the 1st picture I tot I ought to have seen in this thread should've been the. Picture of a Vulture waitin for a crawling African baby to die, a starvin baby that was crawlin to a nearby Unicef camp about 10km away but d baby obviously didn't make it cry And the Stupid Photographer dat took the pic killed himself after 3months of miserable tots of d incident where he could've saved the baby's life! angry

3 Likes

Re: Powerful Photos That Tell A Story by pweeryambre: 1:02pm On Dec 31, 2012
Most of diz pictures are just too scary. The burning monk, girl trapped in water and concrete..her eyes is just too piercing. OMG. I held my breath wen scrolling down to watch the pics.
Re: Powerful Photos That Tell A Story by faithclin(f): 1:02pm On Dec 31, 2012
eni mcnite: The BEST and the 1st picture I tot I ought to have seen in this thread should've been the. Picture of a Vulture waitin for a crawling African baby to die, a starvin baby that was crawlin to a nearby Unicef camp about 10km away but d baby obviously didn't make it cry And the Stupid Photographer dat took the pic killed himself after 3months of miserable tots of d incident where he could've saved the baby's life! angry

Re: Powerful Photos That Tell A Story by lordspiritual(m): 1:04pm On Dec 31, 2012
eni mcnite: The BEST and the 1st picture I tot I ought to have seen in this thread should've been the. Picture of a Vulture waitin for a crawling African baby to die, a starvin baby that was crawlin to a nearby Unicef camp about 10km away but d baby obviously didn't make it cry And the Stupid Photographer dat took the pic killed himself after 3months of miserable tots of d incident where he could've saved the baby's life! angry
you mean this picture

Re: Powerful Photos That Tell A Story by enimcnite(m): 1:06pm On Dec 31, 2012
mavtrevor: 106-year old Armenian woman protecting her home with an AK-47. 1990.
This is very sad n also very funny at d same time! grin
Re: Powerful Photos That Tell A Story by free13: 1:13pm On Dec 31, 2012
lord.spiritual:

you mean this picture

So sad.
Re: Powerful Photos That Tell A Story by Rich4god(m): 1:17pm On Dec 31, 2012
Did this actually happen on this planet... God help us.
Re: Powerful Photos That Tell A Story by strangest(m): 1:17pm On Dec 31, 2012
Rocktation: Burning Monk – The Self-Immolation [1963]

June 11, 1963, Thich Quang Duc, a Buddhist monk from Vietnam, burned himself to death at a busy intersection in downtown Saigon to bring attention to the repressive policies of the Catholic Diem regime that controlled the South Vietnamese government at the time. Buddhist monks asked the regime to lift its ban on flying the traditional Buddhist flag, to grant Buddhism the same rights as Catholicism, to stop detaining Buddhists and to give Buddhist monks and nuns the right to practice and spread their religion.

While burning Thich Quang Duc never moved a muscle.

Na wa o for the camera man,... you see person dey burn instead of assisting to stop the fire, you are taking pictures
Re: Powerful Photos That Tell A Story by Nobody: 1:20pm On Dec 31, 2012
I love this enchanting thread. I'll contribute the famous National Geographic Afghan Girl. Her gaze. Her anxieties. Her anger. Her beauty. The colours. It's effortless to see into her future as an Afghan woman. I love the photo.

4 Likes

Re: Powerful Photos That Tell A Story by bocin500(m): 1:21pm On Dec 31, 2012
@op, good one!
Re: Powerful Photos That Tell A Story by lordspiritual(m): 1:23pm On Dec 31, 2012
strangest:

Na wa o for the camera man,... you see person dey burn instead of assisting to stop the fire, you are taking pictures
the monk was proving a point...it was of his own freewill...
Re: Powerful Photos That Tell A Story by Idriswhite(m): 1:27pm On Dec 31, 2012
You've done a very great job.it's educative and mixture of both joy and sorrow
Re: Powerful Photos That Tell A Story by Nobody: 1:31pm On Dec 31, 2012
mavtrevor: Release of Windows 95.
Freedom IS Slavery lol
Re: Powerful Photos That Tell A Story by nagoma(m): 1:39pm On Dec 31, 2012
lord.spiritual:

ADOLF HITLER 'exterminated' over 5 million jews and other people he felt were infidels during the holocaust before and during the second world war.....he used public executions, gas chambers, experiments on children and other varying forms of killing....
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Holocaust

And he was a Christian.
Re: Powerful Photos That Tell A Story by Nobody: 1:55pm On Dec 31, 2012
nice one Rocktation.

Never knew my emotional part is still active.

Lord God of Hosts ...
Re: Powerful Photos That Tell A Story by lordspiritual(m): 1:58pm On Dec 31, 2012
nagoma:

And he was a Christian.
some say he was a deist, some say he was an atheist, but one thing is for sure he was born by roman catholic parents, and even worked in the catholic church then.....and even during the holocaust the roman catholic church did not even speak a word against his administration.....he somehow felt he was doing the work of 'God' by getting rid of jews...
Re: Powerful Photos That Tell A Story by ibrutex(m): 2:01pm On Dec 31, 2012
SHaLL i begin to cry now after seeing all this pictures ? Omg dnt know how to cry ! Somebody help . cry more please........ cry SHaLL i begin to cry now after seeing all this pictures ? Omg dnt know how to cry ! Somebody help . more please........
Re: Powerful Photos That Tell A Story by Nobody: 2:06pm On Dec 31, 2012
The best topic I've seen on the front page for a long time now

3 Likes

Re: Powerful Photos That Tell A Story by lordspiritual(m): 2:18pm On Dec 31, 2012
this picture may be very scary to some people here......it was one of the mass graves at bergen belse may 1945 during the holocaust

Re: Powerful Photos That Tell A Story by jaymichael(m): 2:19pm On Dec 31, 2012
Rocktation: Death by Protocol

In 19th century Siam, it was absolutely forbidden for a commoner to touch the queen. To break this rule carried the death penalty. One day Queen Sunandha Kumariratana was in a boat which capsized, plunging her into a river. Though there were many people who might have come to her aid it would have meant their own death to touch the royal body. She died at the age of 19 along with her daughter.
stupid law, deadly consequence.
Re: Powerful Photos That Tell A Story by TonySpike: 2:19pm On Dec 31, 2012
The Japanese city of Hiroshima (also called Hiroshima-shi), after the devastating nuclear bombing from the United States on August 6th, 1945. Observe the ruins produced by a SINGLE nuclear bomb over 67 years ago, I wonder the TNT capability of today's nuclear weapon though. Nagasaki, its industrial counterpart was bombed 3 days after...

Re: Powerful Photos That Tell A Story by sarutobie(m): 2:30pm On Dec 31, 2012
Affiliated:

That's just a stupid joke in poor taste.
Hey Dumbo! What is silly about what I said?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

These Apocalyptic Paintings Show The Terrifying Near Future Of Our Lagos City / Ben Enwonwu's Portrait Of Tutu Sold At Auction For £1,205,000 / The Ogunlayis, Blind Couple That Make Beads

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.