Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,822 members, 7,810,158 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:01 PM

Powerful Photos That Tell A Story - Art, Graphics & Video (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Powerful Photos That Tell A Story (37635 Views)

24 Amazingly Creative Photos That Will Wow You... / 30 Most Powerful Photos Ever Taken. The Kind You Never Ever Forget / 25 Photos That Will Make You Look Twice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Powerful Photos That Tell A Story by sarutobie(m): 2:30pm On Dec 31, 2012
Affiliated:

That's just a stupid joke in poor taste.
Hey Dumbo! What is silly about what I said? Go burn yourself and have your charred corpse immortalised in a picture na..
Re: Powerful Photos That Tell A Story by TonySpike: 2:32pm On Dec 31, 2012
The famous Sharpville massacre at Sharpeville town, South Africa on the 21st of March, 1960. The killings consumed a total of 69 natives, including women and children. The shooting marked a turning point in South Africa's infamous apartheid history.

Re: Powerful Photos That Tell A Story by Joeblis(m): 2:40pm On Dec 31, 2012
Pollowing..
Re: Powerful Photos That Tell A Story by TonySpike: 2:43pm On Dec 31, 2012
A rare picture of inmates inside the Buchenwald concentration camp, Weimar, Germany. This was one of the earliest concentration camps (actually slave camps), inspired and directed by Fuhrer Adolf Hitler's hate message, against Jews and "mixed-blood" Europeans. The camp at its peak of operation imprisoned about 240, 000 persons from all over Europe. An estimate of about 56,000 persons were said to have died in this particular camp. The inmates were liberated on April 4th, 1945 by the Allied forces.

Re: Powerful Photos That Tell A Story by Chongaiman: 2:48pm On Dec 31, 2012
aurenflani:

ADOLP HITLER AND HIS BAND OF LUNATICS ARE WHAT THEY HAVE ALWAYS BEEN1 Murderous fanatical Christians.
nagoma:

And he was a Christian.

And he was opposed and defeated by the good muslim brothers from the USSR, US and UK. undecided

1 Like

Re: Powerful Photos That Tell A Story by xuchy: 2:55pm On Dec 31, 2012
Now this is the best topic I've seen on NL in a very long time. Really inspiring

1 Like

Re: Powerful Photos That Tell A Story by Exmay(m): 3:02pm On Dec 31, 2012
More Pictures please...
Re: Powerful Photos That Tell A Story by Nobody: 3:07pm On Dec 31, 2012
lord.spiritual:
this picture may be very scary to some people here......it was one of the mass graves at bergen belse may 1945 during the holocaust
Testimonies of Sonderkommando in the various camps, and the various uprising (esp Treblinka) are stories that can expose your own heart for its vulnerabilities.
Re: Powerful Photos That Tell A Story by Nobody: 3:12pm On Dec 31, 2012
Niger Delta and its oil wealth.

Re: Powerful Photos That Tell A Story by sKeetz(m): 3:29pm On Dec 31, 2012
some of this pix got me crying....Oh Lord Have mercy cry cry
Re: Powerful Photos That Tell A Story by Nobody: 3:29pm On Dec 31, 2012
mavtrevor: 106-year old Armenian woman protecting her home with an AK-47. 1990.
this is ridiculous! she no get descendants?
Re: Powerful Photos That Tell A Story by nollywood20: 3:30pm On Dec 31, 2012
This should be a must have on the book list for pupils and students and in every library.
And some of them should be templates for movies.
Thanks for sharing them.
Re: Powerful Photos That Tell A Story by nollywood20: 3:55pm On Dec 31, 2012
A volunteer cleans his face near the site of a fire, after fireworks stored in a building exploded in a densely populated area in the Isale Eko district of Nigeria's commercial capital of Lagos December 26, 2012.
REUTERS/Akintunde Akinleye.

Re: Powerful Photos That Tell A Story by pekelepekele(m): 3:56pm On Dec 31, 2012
This incredible photo shows an otter appearing to seek guidance by praying. The snap was taken by Hertfordshire-based photographer Marac Andrev Kolodzinski. Marac had to wait over two hours in the freezing cold before he captured the moment (Caters)

5 Likes

Re: Powerful Photos That Tell A Story by TableLeg(m): 3:57pm On Dec 31, 2012
Beautiful thread .... I love photography
Will post some amateur photos sometimes soon! smiley
Re: Powerful Photos That Tell A Story by pekelepekele(m): 4:01pm On Dec 31, 2012
lord.spiritual:
this picture may be very scary to some people here......it was one of the mass graves at bergen belse may 1945 during the holocaust

It will not be well with Adoff Hitler in grave and all his descendants . Imagine how they killed those people and buried them undecided. Chai
Re: Powerful Photos That Tell A Story by dino2006(m): 4:30pm On Dec 31, 2012
Awww....hw touching these pictures are. cry
Great job @0P. I'l go dig up some too nw.
Re: Powerful Photos That Tell A Story by Nobody: 4:48pm On Dec 31, 2012
lord.spiritual:
This here is the true definition of genocide! Brutal!
Re: Powerful Photos That Tell A Story by TonySpike: 5:00pm On Dec 31, 2012
Ugandan General and infamous military dictator, General Idi-Amin Dada, is carried by four British businessmen during a party for diplomats in 1975. He did this to show that the black man is superior to the whites, no matter what. By the way, He called himself the "conqueror of the British Empire" C.B.E.

1 Like

Re: Powerful Photos That Tell A Story by chreldb(m): 5:22pm On Dec 31, 2012
This is the kind of thread that should be making the front page. I commend the OP for such an informative and educational thread.

5 Likes

Re: Powerful Photos That Tell A Story by nzeaji(m): 6:20pm On Dec 31, 2012
Wooow. shocked shocked shocked shocked These pictures are epic and humbling. Good job OP.

2 Likes

Re: Powerful Photos That Tell A Story by RuuDie(m): 6:41pm On Dec 31, 2012
Fanstastic photos. . .nice job Rocktation and other posters. . .Fantastic stuff!!!
Re: Powerful Photos That Tell A Story by mavtrevor(m): 6:42pm On Dec 31, 2012
Rare Photos Of African Slaves On A Slave Ship, HEADED TOWARDS THE STATES

Re: Powerful Photos That Tell A Story by sleekcm(m): 6:43pm On Dec 31, 2012
One of the very best threads I have seen on nairaland. Thank you poster.

2 Likes

Re: Powerful Photos That Tell A Story by mavtrevor(m): 6:43pm On Dec 31, 2012
Re: Powerful Photos That Tell A Story by RuuDie(m): 6:51pm On Dec 31, 2012
Scenery from Idanre Hills

2 Likes

Re: Powerful Photos That Tell A Story by RuuDie(m): 6:55pm On Dec 31, 2012
Idanre

Re: Powerful Photos That Tell A Story by PHIPEX(m): 6:57pm On Dec 31, 2012
mavtrevor:
mavtrevor: Rare Photos Of African Slaves On A Slave Ship, HEADED TOWARDS THE STATES

I feel like crying...man's inhumanity to man,
Re: Powerful Photos That Tell A Story by freecocoa(f): 6:59pm On Dec 31, 2012
Omg!

What an insightful thread, well done Rocky and the others.

Adolf-Hitler must be the Devil's younger brother, why so much hatred for a fellow human? And how can someone take a picture of that baby the vulture was waiting for instead of saving him?

My God! I'm so humbled and sad, got tears in my eyes.sad
Re: Powerful Photos That Tell A Story by mavtrevor(m): 7:01pm On Dec 31, 2012
Power tussle in Syria
Re: Powerful Photos That Tell A Story by mavtrevor(m): 7:04pm On Dec 31, 2012

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

These Apocalyptic Paintings Show The Terrifying Near Future Of Our Lagos City / Ben Enwonwu's Portrait Of Tutu Sold At Auction For £1,205,000 / The Ogunlayis, Blind Couple That Make Beads

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.