Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,750 members, 7,817,080 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:46 AM

The Secret Of Making People Like You - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Secret Of Making People Like You (1478 Views)

Religion And Tradion Is Not Making People Romantic / The Secret Why Giving Girls Too Much Attention Never Makes Them Fall In Love / 3 Steps Of Making A Girl Fall In Love Without Spending (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Secret Of Making People Like You by seyexdkoko(m): 9:19am On Dec 31, 2012
Why is it that some people seem to exude charisma or presence which captivates and influences those around them, while others have the opposite effect?
Can Charisma be learned and developed? The answer is a most definite yes. However, it cannot be faked.
Charisma is simply the ability to help people feel intimate in a non-intimate space.
First, we need to understand Presence . Presence is defined as the ability to project a sense of ease, confidence, and self-assurance. It accompanies all those who are charismatic. They are “comfortable in their own skin.”
Researchers have observed that those with an infectious personality unintentionally cause others to copy their body language and facial expressions.
Police Officers and our military are taught “command presence.” Command presence is essentially presenting YOURSELF as someone in authority, trusted and respected.
This is partially done through the message conveyed by how you LOOK, how you CARRY YOURSELF, how you ACT, and how you SPEAK.
But true Charisma does away with having to BE authoritative. You simply have to offer people the gift of your presence.
Second, we need to understand the difference between large-group and small-group Charisma.
Many people who have large group charisma have no small group charisma whatsoever.
They are not comfortable with small groups, sothey gravitate to one person or one corner of the room.
However, when you are in the presence of a small-group charismatic person, you always feel as if you were better having been in their presence than before the encounter. You almost always leave with something of value.
It may be simply the gift of their presence, their attention, their listening, or their concern—but you always feel richer.
Here are three ways to practice Charisma.
A.) Pay attention to your Emotional State: Charisma is, in part, the result of controlling which emotional state you go into. Practice being genuinely optimistic and genuinely curious.
B.) Focus: The only way you can be charismaticis by paying attention to other people. When you are with other people, what are you focusing on? Are you thinking of what you will say to them? If so, you’re blocking your charisma. Don’t focus inward, rather pay attention to the person in front of you.
C.) Listen: Just because we have ears and can hear doesn’t mean we know how to listen. Howdo you listen? Do you listen to be able to one up the story? Do you listen to learn about that person’s connections? Do you listen to learn how you can impress that person with your knowledge? When you listen like that, you damage your chance to be charismatic because you look selfish.
Instead, listen with affection and empathy. Assume you truly like that person. Listen as though you sincerely care what happens in that person’s life. Listen to listen, not to fix or solve.
So, the key thought is being present to others.
Question: Who comes to mind when you think of a charismatic person? Why?
Re: The Secret Of Making People Like You by enobong18: 10:24am On Dec 31, 2012
All dis defination ehh...
Are u a secondary school teacher smwhere?
Re: The Secret Of Making People Like You by Nobody: 11:07am On Dec 31, 2012
Story. . .

Not everyone will like you. Even if you are the world's best, everyone WON'T like you. Stop trying to make everyone like you. Be yourself first, forget all that long storyline/script up there, people that will be drawn to you will be drawn to you. Impact their lives positively and give them a reason to like you more.

I don't care if no one likes me. I do what i want, how i want, when i want it. If you don't like it, jump off the 3rd mainland bridge, head first. I am responsible for what i do. I'll even prefer you hate me for who i am, than for you to like me for who i twisted myself to be, just because of you. . . All na wash.

#sendless

1 Like

Re: The Secret Of Making People Like You by Nobody: 11:11am On Dec 31, 2012
No wonder undecided
Re: The Secret Of Making People Like You by Goldieluks: 11:18am On Dec 31, 2012
Story.....when you get to heaven don't forget to take the list of those who likes you and show it to God. He will shake your hands and give you a gold coin.

Don't focus on more important things in life, keep craving fans and seeking to be liked by the whole world. Kmt!
Re: The Secret Of Making People Like You by seyexdkoko(m): 12:37pm On Dec 31, 2012
True..evry1 can't like you..but you can make people hate u or nt hate u..depends on hw u present ursef..h8ters will forever b..but u can still make fans..act weird and c d result..no one likes a mad man
Re: The Secret Of Making People Like You by psquarex(m): 2:21pm On Dec 31, 2012
Be yourself.. thats all that matter
Re: The Secret Of Making People Like You by tpia5: 6:39pm On Dec 31, 2012
Question: Who comes to mind when you think of a charismatic person? Why?

to me, a charismatic person is someone who carries people along with his/her personality.

the term is mostly used in a masculine sense, not sure why.

someone with charisma has the ability to make each individual in a crowd, feel uniquely connected to him/her, regardless of their actual differences.

who comes to mind? Maybe omotola or one of these other celebrities, provided they dont mess up.

Why has been explained already.

omotola does have that ability to connect with people, especially in her interviews.

i think Gov Fashola of Lagos also has charisma, although i've never actually heard him speak.
Re: The Secret Of Making People Like You by tpia5: 6:44pm On Dec 31, 2012
@ topic

nice write up, but the thread title should say charisma, since that's what the topic is about.

"how to make people like you" is different from "what is charisma"

the first is easy [develop people skills and flow with the crowd], while the second requires more thought.
Re: The Secret Of Making People Like You by djeezy(m): 6:56pm On Dec 31, 2012
Fact#You can never impress or please everyone. Be natural,b e yourself, simple.
Re: The Secret Of Making People Like You by Nobody: 7:47pm On Dec 31, 2012
Yh i agree with being urself, wen u go out of ur way to impress others, they end up taking u for granted....Not everyone will like u just like u dnt like everybody...
Re: The Secret Of Making People Like You by OmolodMilkman93(m): 8:04pm On Dec 31, 2012
seyexdkoko: Question: Who comes to mind when you think of a charismatic person?
my humble self,.....

1 Like

Re: The Secret Of Making People Like You by tpia5: 8:27pm On Dec 31, 2012
of course, if you have a "godfather" [could be male or female], people will "like" you.

that's the easiest way.
Re: The Secret Of Making People Like You by Nobody: 8:36pm On Dec 31, 2012
enobong18:
All dis defination ehh...
Are u a secondary school teacher smwhere?

Sorry to digress, but this spelling brings back 'fond' memories of one of my most humiliating experiences in secondary school. The yeye fat-for-nothing teacher saw it while marking my assignment, and called me out to spell the word on the blackboard in front of the whole class. I confidently walked up and wrote the same thing - 'defination'. . ..only for her to call one efiko small girl out to correct me, while the rest of the class looked pitifully at me. That was in JSS3. Lol, funny in retrospect.

Emm, ehen, back to the topic. OP, I agree with some of the points, but the fact remains that charisma is natural and can hardly be learnt. In any case, charisma is relative, and no matter how much of it you think you possess, not everyone will like you.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Help. Two Masters In The Same Ship / Ladies ..husband Material 100% / Happy Birthday To My NL Husby

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.