Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,605 members, 7,809,213 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:34 AM

I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? - Programming (61) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? (659070 Views)

As A Computer Science Student,which Language Should I Start Learning / Which Programming Language Should He Go For? / I Want To Learn Computer Programming, What Language Should I Learn First? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) ... (165) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by adejumoadeoluwa(m): 11:20am On Jun 25, 2016
NLjona:

I'm currently learning python.. hope its still 'ideal'
python is fast to work with check out this though https://www.nairaland.com/3187613/python-creatives-come-let-us
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Alexander1370(m): 3:06pm On Jun 25, 2016
1.Please dont be offended...I love coding very much as i have been hearing about it.Please i have a Nokia xpressmusic phone and i want to start learning how to program...I dont have a laptop,so is there any way i can start learning how to program with my java phone(nokia),and please how.
2.Please how can i make java apps and games using my java phone(nokia),and i dont have knowledge of programming.
Thanks please your reply is precious to me,please thanks
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by khattab008: 5:34pm On Jun 25, 2016
Alexander1370:
1.Please dont be offended...I love coding very much as i have been hearing about it.Please i have a Nokia xpressmusic phone and i want to start learning how to program...I dont have a laptop,so is there any way i can start learning how to program with my java phone(nokia),and please how.
2.Please how can i make java apps and games using my java phone(nokia),and i dont have knowledge of programming.
Thanks please your reply is precious to me,please thanks

No and No.

You might be able to get video tutorials in low quality to watch on your phone but you cant code java without a computer (a strong one, so that you will enjoy coding).
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Nobody: 1:20pm On Jun 27, 2016
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Nobody: 8:30am On Jun 28, 2016
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by efeblin(m): 2:16pm On Jun 29, 2016
Hello everyone, am looking out for a good programmer who can develop web and mobile solutions. Am currently working on a financial service solution and i am looking out for partnership and product development enhancement. Please contact me on 08068798149, efeblin@yahoo.co.uk
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Nobody: 10:10pm On Jul 03, 2016
Aren't you tired of building static websites?, start building dynamic websites with PHP today..
Learn PHP from me, for free on YouTube

Note: You don't need any prior knowledge of PHP to follow along with this course.

Start your adventure here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWTtiXap9fA

Then watch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7IAmzSibvzk

More videos will be uploaded soon.
Subscribe to my channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCG9cEMRbrY95XpH-rzsI0AA
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Nobody: 7:34am On Jul 04, 2016
Here comes another video, this one is on Variables...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPecvgV5JeM

Did the recording at 3am, so i was feeling sleepy...I think i should have also spoken about Concatenation, i will do that in the next video.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Mrluv(m): 7:00am On Jul 05, 2016
DanielTheGeek:
Here comes another video, this one is on Variables...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPecvgV5JeM

Did the recording at 3am, so i was feeling sleepy...I think i should have also spoken about Concatenation, i will do that in the next video.
pls guy do u reside in lagoss
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Nobody: 1:18pm On Jul 05, 2016
Mrluv:
pls guy do u reside in lagoss
Nope, currently enjoying Obasanjo's fresh fruits at Ota, Ogun State.

Why do you ask?
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Nobody: 2:17am On Jul 06, 2016
OK I love programming but lazy to learn. Today I broke away from that jinx to learn HTML5..... Nice to be here
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Mrluv(m): 7:40am On Jul 07, 2016
DanielTheGeek:

Nope, currently enjoying Obasanjo's fresh fruits at Ota, Ogun State.

Why do you ask?
i thought u stay close by like apapa..i want u to teach me programm me
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Collinz2(m): 9:15am On Jul 07, 2016
cowleg:
OK I love programming but lazy to learn. Today I broke away from that jinx to learn HTML5..... Nice to be here
dive into php for web design.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Nobody: 12:23pm On Jul 07, 2016
Mrluv:
i thought u stay close by like apapa..i want u to teach me programm me

You can always learn from my YouTube videos, or hire me smiley
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Nobody: 3:21pm On Jul 07, 2016
Collinz2:
dive into php for web design.

Can I learn php without pre knowledge of HTML CSS JavaScript
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by badthinds: 6:39pm On Jul 07, 2016
In what ever you do... especially JavaScript learning. Do not use W3Schools...my humble advice!.

badthinds.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Anmich: 7:05pm On Jul 07, 2016
cowleg:

Can I learn php without pre knowledge of HTML CSS JavaScript

You could but PHP goes hand in hand with HTML/CSS and For databases SQL. Js is not really a must except for advanced work.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by talk214: 9:05am On Jul 09, 2016
If you have PayPal for sell contact me @08082711837!
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by onedayatime(m): 1:51pm On Jul 11, 2016
for all beginners of any programming languages who is thinking of going into programming fully. All online tutorials links giving to you on this site are good but not excellent. If you want to go into programming , you need good books written by experts and updated regurlarly. All www.tizag.com, www.tutorialspoint.com are good but you can't achieve much with them. to get free ebooks you can go to www.it-ebooks.info and download most ebooks for free.

For all html, RoR, php, phyton and any web programming language, you can visit www.sitepoint.com forum and ask questions on topics you don't understand and there are other programmers waiting to help you out. You can also visit www.stackoverflow.com to ask any question related to any issue including programming.

these are meant for Java, php, c, js, and python programmers including html and css.
Must get books for you beginners.
Java.
Murach's java programming.
thinking in java. 4th edition.
Effective java(professioner or expert).

Php.
Murach's php and mysql
larry ullman's books(great writer and lovely writer).
David power's php solutions.

Phython.
Learn phython the hard way.

Html.
Html5 and css3 by Brian P Hogan.
essential guide to html5 and css3
styling in css3

c/c++
c programming language by Brian kerninghan and dennis ritchie

javascript.
Eloquent javascript and
you don't know js series by kyle simpson (6books in total).

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by obibanks: 11:50pm On Jul 12, 2016
Can someone give me an idea of what visual basic is about
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by luben(m): 2:04pm On Jul 15, 2016
am a mechanical engineering student which programming language will be best for me
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Anmich: 5:12pm On Jul 15, 2016
luben:
am a mechanical engineering student which programming language
will be best for me

C, C++ or MATLAB
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Nobody: 7:26pm On Jul 15, 2016
Share your thoughts on a developer inclined forum get answers quickly, Join friendosphere...it's new, for you.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by stack1(m): 11:41pm On Jul 16, 2016
It depends on you target industry if you are looking at working in the varying core/engineering based sectors (OS design, industrial class applictions e.t.c) learn C then C++, others that would help you include (Python, Java, Fortran and definitely learn Linux shell) , if you you are looking at the web learn HTML/CSS/JS a solid server side language my choice is PHP but you could also learn Python, Ruby/Rails, NodeJS, or JavaEE stuff and also learn a SQL , if you dig the budding Machine language/AI fields make sure your math/logic is up to date you could learn Python, R, one of LISP/Prolog, form Gamers Good math background then C/C++, and some assembly

and going off topic, anyone avaivalbe to test out my beta social platform www.greenhouze.xyz cheers

1 Like

Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by shalyboye(m): 4:38pm On Jul 17, 2016
Advertise your product or business for free on our Facebook group which at least 3000members to see them..... It's free so join on Facebook with the name FREE ADVERTISING IN NIGERIA
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by stchrischu00: 9:05pm On Jul 19, 2016
private tutor needed on any programming language .festac environment

(1) (2) (3) ... (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) ... (165) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.