Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,684 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:45 PM

I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? - Programming (58) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? (660539 Views)

As A Computer Science Student,which Language Should I Start Learning / Which Programming Language Should He Go For? / I Want To Learn Computer Programming, What Language Should I Learn First? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) ... (165) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Nobody: 5:12pm On Mar 24, 2016
Start with html if you want to be a web designer and python if you want to be an app developer. pls visit progsimate..com

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by webdevgod: 12:51am On Mar 25, 2016
Check out my thread. There is plenty of usefule resources to help kick start your programming career.

https://www.nairaland.com/3001637/learning-resource-center-lrc-programmers
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by lyandre: 3:30pm On Mar 26, 2016
What tools do I need to start C++ and do I need to install java JRE on my system before installing the JDK??
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by techthought: 9:57am On Mar 27, 2016
HTML is the basic language any programmer should start with, pretty straight forward. Next is CSS and then JavaScript, then you could move over to Python and PHP, and then MySQL. You should also learn how to use some of their frameworks like JQuery, Flask, Django, Laravel. With these knowledge you should be able to build something.

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by seanblaise(m): 8:32pm On Mar 30, 2016
techthought:
HTML is the basic language any programmer should start with, pretty straight forward. Next is CSS and then JavaScript, then you could move over to Python and PHP, and then MySQL. You should also learn how to use some of their frameworks like JQuery, Flask, Django, Laravel. With these knowledge you should be able to build something.
Good evening, pls am so in love with computer programming. I really want to be a good programmer but the problem is this, I find it difficult Understanding it.....it sounds like Chinese to me...I really need sumone to teach me....the only thing I know abt computer is "computer is an electronic device that accepts raw data, processes it and gives it out as information"(just imagine)....pls is it possible to learn from yhu? Tnx
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Nobody: 8:36pm On Mar 30, 2016
seanblaise:

Good evening, pls am so in love with computer programming. I really want to be a good programmer but the problem is this, I find it difficult Understanding it.....it sounds like Chinese to me...I really need sumone to teach me....the only thing I know abt computer is "computer is an electronic device that accepts raw data, processes it and gives it out as information"(just imagine)....pls is it possible to learn from yhu? Tnx
[url=//onyenkuzi.com]onyenkuzi.com..[/url]. just started a python tutorial there.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by seanblaise(m): 8:45pm On Mar 30, 2016
sonOfLucifer:

onyenkuzi.com... just started a python tutorial there.
Tnx, hope it's simple and easy to understand because I know nothing in programming....
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Nobody: 8:46pm On Mar 30, 2016
seanblaise:

Tnx, hope it's simple and easy to understand because I know nothing in programming....
You can leave a review here when you're done. Hope you enjoy it.Have fun learning.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by seanblaise(m): 9:01pm On Mar 30, 2016
sonOfLucifer:

You can leave a review here when you're done. Hope you enjoy it.Have fun learning.
Tnx...already heading there...
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by pcwizzy: 8:48am On Mar 31, 2016
Imagine there was an app that was an SMS scheduler and also had a data usage monitor such that when it reaches a particular usage it we re-send a particular message and reset data usage......programmers in the house please look into this idea on android platform
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by seanblaise(m): 3:51pm On Mar 31, 2016
sonOfLucifer:

Can the raw file for python be sent via Email??
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Nobody: 8:16pm On Mar 31, 2016
seanblaise:

Can the raw file for python be sent via Email??
What's your email? Have you gone through any of the posts?
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by exxy(m): 8:26pm On Mar 31, 2016
what is c++ used for, as Html is for web and python for app development
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by seanblaise(m): 10:20pm On Mar 31, 2016
sonOfLucifer:

What's your email? Have you gone through any of the posts?
Yea...I loved it...at least a novice like me could understand it ..ur illustrations were point blank and decisive....I couldn't download the python cos of data.....onuchukwubenneth@gmail.com....dats my email..tnx alot
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by komo1: 7:15pm On Apr 01, 2016
please i am working on a project which needs that people should use scratch card to pay, users will register and to complete such registration they will need to enter the card pin which i must have put in a database, please help me out.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by engineerjimmy: 1:08pm On Apr 02, 2016
Are you an aspiring or praticing web/app developer(software programmer) who is looking for fellow technicians/engineers to share knowledge with,share and gain from job and contract opportunities,and also participate in different on going projects,you can message 08170697723 on whatsapp and be part of the web/app programming forum group. Cheers
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by easy2conet(f): 9:19am On Apr 06, 2016
pls I want learn how to create database application for in-stock and out-stock for supermarket or any other business. pls how do I start.....
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by JackAlen: 7:07am On Apr 07, 2016
PROGRAMMING LANGUAGES

1. Java

2. C

3. C++

4. c#

5. Objective C

6. PHP

7. Assembly Language

8. Javascript

the eight is ok
Javanian:
Due to the numerous "i want to start programming, which language should i start with" threads on this board i decided to create a thread that will address this issue. I am not a wonderful writer and i won't say i know it all but i will try. I urge every one on this board to correct me where i err an also contribute in whatever way you can to make this thread worth it. I will try as much as possible not to be biased in this write up.

I am not going to go into detail in defining what programming is because i will assume before entering this thread you should already know what programming is. But in summary programming is the act of creating whatever you want with your brain and computer programming is the act of creating whatever you want with your brain and a computer. You can read more from

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Computer_programming

Programmers could also be called software programmers, software developers and other big-big names you can think of.

Feel free to ask your questions, i will try and answer the ones i can my Ogas in the house will help me with those i can't answer

Please every Programmer should try as much as possible to check on this thread once in a while to help answer some questions Newbies would like to ask.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by ekumahost: 4:31pm On Apr 08, 2016
start from HTML
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by iyb(m): 2:37am On Apr 10, 2016
Start with Java programming once you get the hang of.java everything else becomes easy.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by seunny4lif(m): 1:37pm On Apr 10, 2016
smiley
I love java
But the language get as he be shocked
iyb:
Start with Java programming once you get the hang of.java everything else becomes easy.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Nobody: 1:38pm On Apr 10, 2016
seanblaise:

Yea...I loved it...at least a novice like me could understand it ..ur illustrations were point blank and decisive....I couldn't download the python cos of data.....onuchukwubenneth@gmail.com....dats my email..tnx alot
Sup? Did you get the mail? Never heard from you.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by melodyafsana(f): 5:58pm On Apr 10, 2016
You can start at first with HTML. Then to be a good developer you can follow this flow -
html>css>javascript>jquery>mysql>PHP
Good luck! smiley

1 Like

Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by techthought: 2:59pm On Apr 11, 2016
seanblaise:

Where do you reside?
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by seanblaise(m): 2:35pm On Apr 12, 2016
techthought:

Where do you reside?
Abakaliki, Ebonyi state...
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by seanblaise(m): 2:49pm On Apr 12, 2016
sonOfLucifer:

Sup? Did you get the mail? Never heard from you.
nope, I didn't get the mail....onuchukwubenneth@gmail.com.....dats my email....tnx
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Nobody: 3:10pm On Apr 12, 2016
seanblaise:

nope, I didn't get the mail....onuchukwubenneth@gmail.com.....dats my email....tnx
I have updated the post, so you can download it directly..
http://onyenkuzi.com/2016/03/08/install-python/
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by seanblaise(m): 3:14pm On Apr 12, 2016
sonOfLucifer:
I have updated the post, so you can download it directly.. http://onyenkuzi.com/2016/03/08/install-python/
tnx bro....I appreciate this...
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Nobody: 3:57pm On Apr 12, 2016
seanblaise:

tnx bro....I appreciate this...
Always welcome Bro.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Nobody: 11:35am On Apr 13, 2016
Visit www.ibomyellowpages.com for breaking news, entertainment news etc or visit http://facebook.com/iypfans for recent updates
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by lyandre: 9:32pm On Apr 15, 2016
Anyone can Help me with Tutorials on how to begin java programming...a novice, thanks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) ... (165) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.