Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,928 members, 7,952,736 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 10:35 PM

I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? - Programming (71) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? (683965 Views)

As A Computer Science Student,which Language Should I Start Learning / Which Programming Language Should He Go For? / I Want To Learn Computer Programming, What Language Should I Learn First? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) ... (167) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by brokenplate: 4:36pm On Feb 13, 2017
Teedawg:
where are you guys located

Yaba, Lagos.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by iamoracle: 12:19am On Feb 17, 2017
Teedawg:
please any body has any material for web design or mobile app development?? for beginners I have no programing skills or anything code related
Visit http://www.edX.org
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Nobody: 3:23pm On Feb 17, 2017
ezewealth:
Pls I want to learn IBM spss, the computer sch I went told me 60k, Pls is it worth it?

If it was free, I won't even tell you it's worth it. I hardly have any idea what IBM spss means but I'm certain there isn't a high demand for it. Your time would be better utilized learning to program.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Nobody: 3:27pm On Feb 17, 2017
LeoFish92:

Which of them is hottest in demand??

1. None of them
2. All of them
3. It depends

But if you're looking to make a career in Nigeria then go for web/mobile development. Thats 90% of the tech market in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by severus(m): 1:14pm On Feb 19, 2017
I am looking for a developer skilled with the IONIC FRAMEWORK, and with deep experience in JAVASCRIPT and JSON to work with me on developing a promising APP idea. Kindly contact me via whatsapp 08166459353 or ndukaude@gmail.com
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by thousandreason(f): 10:08pm On Feb 19, 2017
Hello, please I need a one on one training on Java, anyone that can offer practical training should please send a mail to bitzadagency@gmail.com.
Location is strictly abeokuta.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Adek15(m): 1:28am On Feb 20, 2017
Megziflips:

1. None of them
2. All of them
3. It depends

But if you're looking to make a career in Nigeria then go for web/mobile development. Thats 90% of the tech market in Nigeria.
I'm about learning python. Do you think I can do web/mobile development with python alone?

I have no prior knowledge about programming but I'm willing to learn
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by auwal9: 1:50am On Feb 20, 2017
I know many of you are wondering how you could create a program.
Without wasting much of your time, I'll drop a link to website and youtube channel where
you can find videos on programming languages.
Such as HTML/CSS, JAVA, Android and Games also.
All you need is to follow the videos accordingly and put into daily practice.
Simply visit the below website:
http://.net/7nHQs0
In case of questions, join our forum and leave a message which will be responded by
professionals all for free. http://.net/7Uu8Eo

I wish you happy learning.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by AnthonyAk(m): 3:56pm On Feb 20, 2017
JavaScript. Dont waste your time with legacy languages like java or .net or even c#. Learn JavaScript, the the most popular Front End JS frameworks right now are Angular Js and React Js. There are many more , in order to stay competitive in this industry you much be prepared to learn new ones

Use NoSql databases such as mongodb to wet your beak in basic backend architecture then work your way out to relational databases. The MEAN stack is a popular architecture , understand what node js does and where it fits there.

Please dont waste your time with legacy systems there might be jobs but they are dwindling fast.

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by collinic: 11:25pm On Feb 20, 2017
AnthonyAk:
JavaScript. Dont waste your time with legacy languages like java or .net or even c#. Learn JavaScript, the the most popular Front End JS frameworks right now are Angular Js and React Js. There are many more , in order to stay competitive in this industry you much be prepared to learn new ones

Use NoSql databases such as mongodb to wet your beak in basic backend architecture then work your way out to relational databases. The MEAN stack is a popular architecture , understand what node js does and where it fits there.

Please dont waste your time with legacy systems there might be jobs but they are dwindling fast.

Heavy I agree with this, Newbies learning to code should face Full Stack Javascript. that is where the web development (the biggest part of software development) is heading to, here are some of what I recommend;

HTML - the structure of web pages
CSS - the visual style of web pages
Bootstrap - a "responsive design" tool that helps your websites look great on tablets and phones
jQuery/Ajax - [/b]an easy tool for controlling content in the browser
[b]Chrome DevTools - [/b]a tool for understanding and debugging websites, right in your browser
[b]JavaScript - [/b]the one programming language that all web browsers use
[b]Common algorithms -
step-by-step recipes for getting things done
Agile - [/b]a set of software development principles that focus the design and production of a project on the needs of its users
[b]Git -
a version control system for saving and sharing your projects
Either a popular relational database like PostgreSQL or a popular non-relational database like MongoDB
Node.js - [/b]an event-driven platform for creating web servers and scalable network applications.
[b]Express.js - [/b]a powerful web development framework
[b]Chai.js or Jasmin.js
for testing
Angular.js or React.js are nice-to-haves, though you'd be amazed how much you can accomplish just by using jQuery!

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by AnthonyAk(m): 12:02am On Feb 21, 2017
collinic:

Heavy I agree with this, Newbies learning to code should face Full Stack Javascript. that is where the web development (the biggest part of software development) is heading to, here are some of what I recommend;

HTML - the structure of web pages
CSS - the visual style of web pages
Bootstrap - a "responsive design" tool that helps your websites look great on tablets and phones
jQuery/Ajax - [/b]an easy tool for controlling content in the browser
[b]Chrome DevTools - [/b]a tool for understanding and debugging websites, right in your browser
[b]JavaScript - [/b]the one programming language that all web browsers use
[b]Common algorithms -
step-by-step recipes for getting things done
Agile - [/b]a set of software development principles that focus the design and production of a project on the needs of its users
[b]Git -
a version control system for saving and sharing your projects
Either a popular relational database like PostgreSQL or a popular non-relational database like MongoDB
Node.js - [/b]an event-driven platform for creating web servers and scalable network applications.
[b]Express.js - [/b]a powerful web development framework
[b]Chai.js or Jasmin.js
for testing
Angular.js or React.js are nice-to-haves, though you'd be amazed how much you can accomplish just by using jQuery!

I really recommend JS frameworks , it will save you a ton of headache esp when it comes to the standardized and structured way of doing things i.e resuable code. But yes my colleague here has expanded on the tools used today

1 Like

Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by severus(m): 9:44am On Feb 21, 2017
I am looking for a developer skilled with the IONIC FRAMEWORK, and with deep experience in JAVASCRIPT and JSON to work with me on developing a promising APP idea. Kindly contact me via whatsapp 08166459353 or ndukaude@gmail.com
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by severus(m): 12:31pm On Feb 25, 2017
I need an experienced mentor in java and android development, with a skill in practical teaching. Reach me via whatsapp 08166459353
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by futurewise11(m): 4:59pm On Feb 25, 2017
I need an experience tutor in website building expecially in WORDPRESS etc...

I have some knowledge about just wanna improve it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) ... (167) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.