Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,163 members, 7,825,637 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 07:34 PM

I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? - Programming (72) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? (661609 Views)

As A Computer Science Student,which Language Should I Start Learning / Which Programming Language Should He Go For? / I Want To Learn Computer Programming, What Language Should I Learn First? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) ... (165) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Nobody: 12:43am On Mar 09, 2017
That's good
Nice
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Kaycee625(m): 5:24am On Mar 19, 2017
klefjoxey:
I don't know why people keep asking "I want to learn a programming language which one should I learn". What do you want to do:
1. Game development- you need to learn c++, c# and game engine such as unity3d
2. Desktop app- java, c, c++, c# and python. These are the best
3. Web development- Frontend: HTML, CSS, JavaScript, bootstrap. Back end: node.js, Python or java
4. Mobile development- just go for java.

So choose what you want to do out of these 4 and sign up for coursera.org or edx.org. I hope this helps.
nice one
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by cute75(m): 12:00pm On Mar 19, 2017
Please I'm a computer science student...I need someone who is base in Port Harcourt and can teach me Java, JavaScript and Python one on one... My contact is in my profile. Let me know ur Price.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Kaycee625(m): 6:55pm On Mar 19, 2017
Does anyone know about G O language and its demand in nigerian tech market
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Nobody: 9:03pm On Mar 19, 2017
Kaycee625:
Does anyone know about G O language and its demand in nigerian tech market

I heard about that in github but it's not that famous yet
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Nobody: 9:04pm On Mar 19, 2017
cute75:
Please I'm a computer science student...I need someone who is base in Port Harcourt and can teach me Java, JavaScript and Python one on one... My contact is in my profile. Let me know ur Price.

I would have taught you python but because we don't apply it i have for gotten it, which school do you attend.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by cute75(m): 12:20pm On Mar 20, 2017
wamiikechukwu:

I would have taught you python but because we don't apply it i have for gotten it, which school do you attend.
RSUST
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by cute75(m): 3:24pm On Mar 20, 2017
wamiikechukwu:

You can still teach me any other Programming language...Am ready.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Nobody: 9:16pm On Mar 20, 2017
cute75:
RSUST
Which level, shabi computer dept abi.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by cute75(m): 4:20pm On Mar 21, 2017
wamiikechukwu:

Which level, shabi computer dept abi.
Yes
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Tominiola: 12:03am On Mar 23, 2017
Hey guys what languages are you currently learning?
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Nobody: 8:13pm On Mar 25, 2017
Tominiola:
Hey guys what languages are you currently learning?

MQL4
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by phermi: 10:00pm On Mar 26, 2017
I study mechanical engineering. And I intend to do my msc. In software eNgineering, obviously, due to demands for software engineers globally. However, the school told me that I do need to have a good knowledge of Java, a programming language I basically don't know anything about. But I'm willing to learn this language. Please, can someone advise me the best way to learn it and how long it'll take for me to learn the basics. Thank for your meaningful contribution in advance.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Dreadlord: 6:58am On Mar 27, 2017
phermi:
I study mechanical engineering. And I intend to do my msc. In software eNgineering, obviously, due to demands for software engineers globally. However, the school told me that I do need to have a good knowledge of Java, a programming language I basically don't know anything about. But I'm willing to learn this language. Please, can someone advise me the best way to learn it and how long it'll take for me to learn the basics. Thank for your meaningful contribution in advance.

Boss man , good day. I am studying currently mechanical engineering and I would like to know the criteria for a masters in software engineering.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Rick9(m): 5:27pm On Mar 28, 2017
It's like this Programming Languages are much.

Well one of the major reason I want to learn programming is

1 - I want to create Great Responsive and Dynamic Website and Blogs for Prospective Clients.
Which Programme Should I focus on ?

2 - I want to develop Android and PC Apps.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Nobody: 8:55pm On Mar 28, 2017
Rick9:
It's like this Programming Languages are much.

Well one of the major reason I want to learn programming is

1 - I want to create Great Responsive and Dynamic Website and Blogs for Prospective Clients.

2 - I want to develop Android and PC Apps.

1)bootstrap, php(Mysql), JavaScript.... Addition + html, css
2)java
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Nobody: 8:56pm On Mar 28, 2017
phermi:

It's all based on you, a month with 2-3 hours of practice should do.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by peterincredible: 10:31pm On Mar 29, 2017
wamiikechukwu:

It's all based on you, a month with 2-3 hours of practice should do.
ha for me i remember when i just started programming with c++ it took me tyme bcause i was in the university then sometimes i will just stop learning for like 2month bcause of skull assignment so i finished skull dec 2016 although i have started with html and css then i know am the type that easily loose focus most tymes so i decided to dedicate just an hour every day for it and i tell u withing 2 month i finished with html and css with lots of practicse and i think i started javascript late jan 2017 and right now with just an hour into it everyday i have finished one javascript txtbook(head first javascript) i can now write pretty some javascript code using advance concept like inheritance and stuffs like that am telling just an hour every day can take u like 2 month to learn any language and even lesser if u are already programming in other languages just dont rush it just take as fun and c ure self growing into a top notch programmer

1 Like

Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by militarystealth: 6:48am On Mar 30, 2017
ibnquasale:

thanks
learn php
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by militarystealth: 6:50am On Mar 30, 2017
if you are going into web, then start with PHP
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Nobody: 8:16am On Mar 30, 2017
militarystealth:
if you are going into web, then start with PHP

You can't learn php without a basic knowledge of html.
Are you aware of that.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by saintlawsoft(m): 11:49am On Mar 30, 2017
clementcro:
Please i need someone who has a vast understanding about microsoft technologies to explain to me, what is the differences and similarities between
C# and C#.net
C++ and C++.net

Thanks
all the above listed means the same thing

(1) (2) (3) ... (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) ... (165) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.