Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,822 members, 7,810,152 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:51 PM

Make Pro-govt New Year Resolutions, Jonathan Urges Nigerians - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Make Pro-govt New Year Resolutions, Jonathan Urges Nigerians (621 Views)

Pray More For Buhari, Jonathan Urges Nigerians / Don’t Abandon My Administration’s Ongoing Projects, Jonathan Urges Buhari / Jonathan Urges Nigerians To Patiently Wait For INEC To Collate, Announce Result (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Make Pro-govt New Year Resolutions, Jonathan Urges Nigerians by Nobody: 7:48am On Jan 01, 2013
the drinkard strikes again

http://www.punchng.com/news/make-pro-govt-new-year-resolutions-jonathan-urges-nigerians/

PRESIDENT Goodluck Jonathan has urged Nigerians to make New Year resolutions to support government policies in 2013.

Jonathan, in his New Year message, asked the citizens to resolve to be committed to making government’s agenda work.

He said, “I urge that you all include in your New Year resolutions a commitment to do more this year to support implementation of the Federal Government’s Agenda for National Transformation in every possible way. That is all I ask for.

“The task of making our dear nation a much better place for current and future generations cannot be left to government alone. Leaders and followers alike have critical roles to play in our march towards the fulfilment of our great national potential.

“Let us all therefore resolve as we celebrate the New Year to place the higher interest of national unity, peace, stability and progress above all other considerations and work harder in our particular fields of human endeavour to contribute more significantly to the attainment of our collective aspirations.”

He said he had in the last year transformed vital sectors of national life such as public infrastructure, power supply, oil and gas, transport, education, health and agricultural development.

The President promised to continue to work in 2013 to ensure that the efforts in those areas were carried forward to full fruition in fulfilment of his promise of better public services and improved living conditions for all Nigerians.

He therefore said he would to make power supply, flood/erosion control, road expansion, security, industrialisation and employment generation his priorities in the New Year.

He said, “We will give priority attention in the coming year to flood and erosion control, the rehabilitation and expansion of existing federal roads, improved power supply, as well as the continued rehabilitation, upgrading and reactivation of the national rail network.

“Employment generation and wealth creation will also remain a primary objective of our socio-economic agenda for 2013. Creating more employment opportunities for our youths and graduates of our universities is an imperative that will continue to underpin our drive for massive economic growth, the rapid expansion of our manufacturing and industrial base, and the productive diversification of our national economy. In this regard, we will continue to provide the necessary enabling environment for the private sector to thrive.

“As peace and security remain pre-requisite conditions for the full realisation of our objectives, we will also do more in 2013 to further empower our security agencies who are working in collaborative partnerships with our friends in the international community to stem the scourge of terrorism in our country and enhance the security of lives and property in all parts of Nigeria.”

The President said he remained committed to the rule of law, due process and fair play in all circumstances.

He therefore said he would to make power supply, flood/erosion control, road expansion, security, industrialisation and employment generation his priorities in the New Year.

errr. . . so what were his priorities in 2012?
Re: Make Pro-govt New Year Resolutions, Jonathan Urges Nigerians by trillville(m): 7:50am On Jan 01, 2013
Make pro-people policies ur new year resolution oga Jonah.

E.g. Reduce ur food budget and build the east west road.
Re: Make Pro-govt New Year Resolutions, Jonathan Urges Nigerians by cockyjay: 8:03am On Jan 01, 2013
trillville: Make pro-people policies ur new year resolution oga Jonah.

E.g. Reduce ur food budget and build the east west road.
+5000 likes. Just what i wanted to say. He still hasn't realised he's supposed to be the one serving us not the other way round. I don't blame him. I blame the 22million myopic voters angry
Re: Make Pro-govt New Year Resolutions, Jonathan Urges Nigerians by Akshow: 8:05am On Jan 01, 2013
the Otutueke baboon is at it again. Until you make pro masses policies, Dont exect pro govt New year resolution. For a start reverse the petroleum pump price to 65Naira Lets see What happens from there
Re: Make Pro-govt New Year Resolutions, Jonathan Urges Nigerians by Hardfact: 8:23am On Jan 01, 2013
Mr President and co must first quit LipService and get down to RealService before making such empty request that does not really matter. Or do they not know they are the problem?
Re: Make Pro-govt New Year Resolutions, Jonathan Urges Nigerians by AjanleKoko: 12:54pm On Jan 01, 2013
LOL.
How about making pro-people resolutions first, Oga Fisherman?
Re: Make Pro-govt New Year Resolutions, Jonathan Urges Nigerians by vladimiros: 1:01pm On Jan 01, 2013
PRAYER FOR JONAH

DEAR LORD

THANK YOU FOR MAKING OUR IJAW BOBO FROM INHERITING 2000MW TO UPGRADING IT TO4500MW
THANK YOU FOR MAKING HIM DEREGULATE THE POWER SECTOR AND FORCE PRIVATE COMPANIES TO WORK HARD AND KILL THE POWER CABAL
THANK YOU FOR MAKING I POSSIBLE FOR ME TO TRAVEL FROM LAGOS TO KANO BY RAIL FOR THE FIRST TIME,(I WILL RATHER KILL MYSELF ON RAIL THAN COMMIT SUICIDE BY AIRsmiley )
THANK YOU FOR THE RIVER DREDGING THAT WE HAVE BEEN HEARING FOR THE PAST 40 YEARS BUT BOBO JONAH DONE THEY DO AM
THANK YOU FOR GIVING JONAH, HATERS FROM ASIWAJU COMPANY OF NIGERIA, LET THEM CRY IN THEIR SOUTH WEST AND LATER PRETEND TO BE A PRO-NIGERIAN PARTY
OGA JONAH NO LELE
ALSO GOD, MAKE JONAH CONTINUE AND DO MOR EIN HIS SECOND YEAR, LET THESE FOOLS ACTING LIKE HE HAS BEEN PRESIDO SINCE 2005 WATCH AND CRY AS YOUR SON WINS AGAIN( AS IF JESUS START WORK WHEN HE WAS 12 SELF)

BABA GOD, ONE MORE, MAKE ARSENAL WIN CHAMPIONS LEAGUE 2013, AND MAKE SUPER EAGLES WIN AFCON 2013

FOREVER AND EVER AMEN

(1) (Reply)

GEJ Asks If Violence Sign Of 'end Times'- Ineptitude Again At Display / General Buhari Stole Money? / How Come No One Is Talking About January 27th Ikeja Cantonment Bomb Blast?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.