Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,768 members, 7,824,230 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 05:45 AM

Save This Situation- A Teenager - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Save This Situation- A Teenager (4348 Views)

What Would You Do In This Situation? / Men, What Would You Do In This Situation? (snapshot) / A 44 Year Old Father Of 5 Impregnates A Teenager In Delta (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Save This Situation- A Teenager by breathing(f): 3:25pm On Feb 11, 2013
I heard a story so much similar to this last year. First the young boy started misbehaving, then he claimed he was into something so big and so secret he couldn't reveal it to anyone, then he hung himself, on a rope on the fan of his room, in his father's house. His parents were too spiritual too (some of these spiritual parents know how to chase a kid right into evil with their spirituality). Infact if not that the boy is dead now, I could have suspected it to be the same boy.

After he died, the story had it that the evil ones he had hooked up with, spiritually 'manipulated' him into killing himself. But what I think is that, you don't even need to go spiritual to manipulate a young mind. You said he's a teenager, it's very easy to play with his mind, put fear in him. Fear hypnotises too, if they have him where they want him, they would make him do anything including kill himself when they are done, it doesn't necessarily have to be spiritual.

As most others have said, a change of environment is perfect. It keeps him away from whatever he's mixed up in. However if he really believes whatever it is they've told him, there's no guarantee that when he changes environment, he won't still live this way to please whoever he thinks he's pleasing. Good the boy is your friend, whatever has been done to him could have only penetrated his mind through words, the rest of the voodoo stuff is just for show. So I suggest you start reversing the words that have been used to fill his mind. Don't come on too strong, by giving him a bible or inviting him to church, that would only put him off. Send him texts messages often, and as sublimely as possible remind him that he has what it takes to overcome any source of fear in his life, with time send him quotes and bible verses that would empower him, also make him aware that you are there for him, pray for him ceaselessly and tell his mum to do so too.

1 Like

Re: Save This Situation- A Teenager by Caracta(f): 5:13pm On Feb 11, 2013
@breathing, you just scared me with the suicide story. I had to call the boy immediately. He hasn't gone back home since he left. I just pray nothing bad happens to him. No specific progress so far and i guess a lot of people have given up on him. I'll keep your words in mind and do the best i can.

Thanks a lot.
Re: Save This Situation- A Teenager by bizzle2: 3:40pm On Mar 31, 2013
the devil is particularly interested in the lives of ppl who hv a lot to offer/loose...talented, brilliant, spriritually gifted etc. the good book rightly describes him as a thief in the night that cometh not but to kill steal and destroy so the greater the talent or gifts u have..the greater the attention. Plus whn the devil cannot get to vry spiritual ppl thru diverse temptations, he strikes through their children. so the kids case realy isn't that absurd. he needs serious prayers and strong counselling and his folks could attempt to separate him frm the wrng crowd...maybe ship him abroad to a Christian family or outa states to some trusted relatives. sm kids tend to be less wayward whn dey're away frm their comfort zone or under the care of not so familiar ppl
Re: Save This Situation- A Teenager by honeric01(m): 10:29am On Apr 23, 2013
Don't be surprise when the same boy lead his gang to come rob his parents, raape his mom and sisters, probably wound or kill the father in the future.

The signs are there.

Solution? Let the parents get the boy arrested, he should spend 3 days in jail, then have him moved to the barracks to join the army. The army's another place where kids learn how to be diciplined.

If that's too 'harsh', get him to one of the relatives living in another state or country. Maybe some months or years there's likely going to change him.
Re: Save This Situation- A Teenager by Caracta(f): 10:49am On Apr 23, 2013
honeric01:
Solution? Let the parents get the boy arrested, he should spend 3 days in jail, then have him moved to the barracks to join the army. The army's another place where kids learn how to be diciplined.

shocked shocked shocked shocked angry undecided
Re: Save This Situation- A Teenager by honeric01(m): 10:53am On Apr 23, 2013
Caracta:

shocked shocked shocked shocked angry undecided

Harsh but effective. Save a soul (souls)
Re: Save This Situation- A Teenager by Caracta(f): 11:01am On Apr 23, 2013
I get your point. Thanks a lot cheesy
Re: Save This Situation- A Teenager by bellong: 2:20pm On Sep 10, 2013
Caracta,

How is the boy? Any positive development?
Re: Save This Situation- A Teenager by Caracta(f): 2:28pm On Sep 10, 2013
bellong: Caracta,

How is the boy? Any positive development?

Wow! Thanks a lot. Same story. Out of school. He is now a businessman. There was a time he told me to leave him alone or face the consequences. Sounded like a threat. I've been out of touch but not out of prayers. He was involved in a robbery recently, according to what I heard.
Re: Save This Situation- A Teenager by bellong: 2:38pm On Sep 10, 2013
Caracta:

Wow! Thanks a lot. Same story. Out of school. He is now a businessman. There was a time he told me to leave him alone or face the consequences. Sounded like a threat. I've been out of touch but not out of prayers. He was involved in a robbery recently, according to what I heard.

JEEZ, the dad is such a failure as a parent. Men do not run from challenges, they confront them. He pushed the poor promising boy to the gutters.

Do you by chance know any of the friends he relate with that are still sane upstairs?
Re: Save This Situation- A Teenager by honeric01(m): 2:40pm On Sep 10, 2013
Caracta:

so una no try the army thingy?
Re: Save This Situation- A Teenager by Caracta(f): 2:47pm On Sep 10, 2013
bellong: [/b]

JEEZ, the dad is such a failure as a parent. Men do not run from challenges, they confront them. He pushed the poor promising boy to the gutters.

Do you by chance know any of the friends he relate with that are still sane upstairs?

None. You know how parents warn their kids to stay away from bad influence and bad friends. The only person that gives me info is his "girlfriend". He had feelings for the girl one time like that. The girl obviously likes him but keeps her distance too.

His father failed him...and maybe the society too. I carry a part of the guilt too. Too bad.
Re: Save This Situation- A Teenager by Caracta(f): 2:52pm On Sep 10, 2013
honeric01:

so una no try the army thingy?

Who wan try am? Na me or the mother? The thing is, people say more than they act. Maybe if we had a radical male...just maybe... *shrugs*
Re: Save This Situation- A Teenager by bellong: 2:53pm On Sep 10, 2013
Caracta:

None. You know how parents warn their kids to stay away from bad influence and bad friends. The only person that gives me info is his "girlfriend". He had feelings for the girl one time like that. The girl obviously likes him but keeps her distance too.

His father failed him...and maybe the society too. I carry a part of the guilt too. Too bad.

The girl can still be of help to him before he completely gets to a point of no return. Does the girl have his phone number?
Re: Save This Situation- A Teenager by Caracta(f): 2:55pm On Sep 10, 2013
bellong:

The girl can still be of help to him before he completely gets to a point of no return. Does the girl have his phone number?

I have his phone number and I know where he lives.
Re: Save This Situation- A Teenager by bellong: 2:58pm On Sep 10, 2013
^^ Can you PM it to me?
Re: Save This Situation- A Teenager by honeric01(m): 3:01pm On Sep 10, 2013
Caracta:

Who wan try am? Na me or the mother? The thing is, people say more than they act. Maybe if we had a radical male...just maybe... *shrugs*

A phlegmatic father + a sanguine mother = disaster in child nurturing.
Re: Save This Situation- A Teenager by Caracta(f): 3:09pm On Sep 10, 2013
bellong: ^^ Can you PM it to me?

I can. But first, lemme confirm from the girl if he hasn't changed address. Also, what approach do you intend to use? Expect my PM soon.
Re: Save This Situation- A Teenager by Caracta(f): 3:16pm On Sep 10, 2013
honeric01:

A phlegmatic father + a sanguine mother = disaster in child nurturing.

Only in some cases. Women these days are smarter. They take the bull by the horn. No dulling grin
Re: Save This Situation- A Teenager by honeric01(m): 3:47pm On Sep 10, 2013
Caracta:

Only in some cases. Women these days are smarter. They take the bull by the horn. No dulling grin

Sanguines hardly take the bull by the horn, hence her talking talking and no action.
Re: Save This Situation- A Teenager by Caracta(f): 4:21pm On Sep 10, 2013
honeric01:

Sanguines hardly take the bull by the horn, hence her talking talking and no action.

Hmmm. I think she was trying to save her marriage too. Some men don't like being challenged.
Re: Save This Situation- A Teenager by honeric01(m): 4:35pm On Sep 10, 2013
I believe not everyone is fit for child raising.

I just pray he doesn't come back to torment them physically with his gang.

Already into robbery and i suspect they're well to do.

SMH!

You self kuku don run before you fall victim
Re: Save This Situation- A Teenager by Caracta(f): 4:38pm On Sep 10, 2013
Lol...i don run o. I'm still within view sha cheesy
Re: Save This Situation- A Teenager by vanitty: 7:32pm On Sep 10, 2013
Be lenient on the father people. Don't see things in just black & white, make allowances for shades of grey.

A child determined to go the other way will go the other way regardless of how perfect his home is.

Don't deceive yourself into thinking that the fact that your kid is 100% good is all down to you alone. You can train, pray, mentor and monitor them but how
the kid will turn out is ultimately down to him/her. Not all kids on the street had bad upbringing.
Re: Save This Situation- A Teenager by bellong: 7:50pm On Sep 10, 2013
^^^ The rebuke of the father is not because the child turned bad but because he pushed him out. Under no circumstance should he have done that when he could still have helped the poor boy. At least at the time he pushed him out, he was not yet totally hardened according to the story here.

The father deserves beating (if possible) for pushing out a teenager into the cold hands of evil....
Re: Save This Situation- A Teenager by Nobody: 1:15am On Sep 15, 2013
I have read all your comments and can confidently tell you that this boy in question has been Initiated into a frat, i wont mention any name of any frat, but it is a well known frat that indulge mostly on robbery and flamboyant lifestyle, their major targets are young boys and he is a victim, at this stage he is still involved in the neighborhood version of the frat and with 2-3years he will advance, so it is better if he gets disassociated with this group, best assurance is take him into a military camp as someone has advised and have them threaten him with severe punishment but not one that will harm him that much and he will confess. from there the parents can sort out what plan of action next to take.

1 Like

Re: Save This Situation- A Teenager by zeb04(f): 12:39pm On Sep 15, 2013
Am nt a mum yet bt I no u wil only win him ova by prayin 4 him and showin him luv nd oda tins tho. U can't shout on him, u wil only make him worse. He is into may b som dark dark tins btw I ve neva seen wen prayer fails

1 Like

Re: Save This Situation- A Teenager by Nobody: 12:31am On Oct 13, 2013
Terrible story. Kinda familiar.

The solutions I heard of that seemed to work even a little were relocation. But taking an impressionable young man out of the game does not necessarily take the game out of him.

It's a real pity, Caracta, but there are four "people" involved in rearing a child: God, parents, society and the child itself. A child could refuse to respond the way you hope and expect. While some blame for that could be apportioned to any or all of the other parties, a child, especially one of 16, is a sentient being capable of choice however unwise. So don't beat yourself up too much.

He probably is unconsciously trying to confirm the things he grew up on. You can't help him much except with prayers if that is the case.

1 Like

Re: Save This Situation- A Teenager by Caracta(f): 11:50pm On Oct 14, 2013
@bellong, two PMs, no reply.

@ihedinobi, i get your point. Thank you. I believe the boy come around one day. He's beginning to listen to me. We are not "there" yet but i'm very positive about him. God is in control. Thank you.
Re: Save This Situation- A Teenager by bellong: 3:37am On Oct 15, 2013
Caracta: @bellong, two PMs, no reply.

I didn't see any of your PMs. I thought you were not ready to give me as requested. If I had received your PMs, would have responded.

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Buy Scrap Battery Ooo Inveter / Should My Wife And Children Adopt My First Name Or Surname / My Supernatural Encounter with unknown force.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.