Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,158 members, 7,818,510 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:37 PM

The Beauty Of Shea Butter(ori)(kadanya) - Fashion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / The Beauty Of Shea Butter(ori)(kadanya) (109902 Views)

Light Skinned, Run From Shea Butter Oooo / What Dudu Osun Soap And African Shea Butter Can Do For Your Skin. / Usefulness Of Shear Butter(ori) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Beauty Of Shea Butter(ori)(kadanya) by Sapphiredamsel(f): 7:38pm On Jan 03, 2013
Rotmyt:
why did u abandon ur dayariii?
Re: The Beauty Of Shea Butter(ori)(kadanya) by kokogee: 7:48pm On Jan 03, 2013
my gf must hear this smiley
Re: The Beauty Of Shea Butter(ori)(kadanya) by Giftedhands2(f): 7:58pm On Jan 03, 2013
I once had a mixture of shea butter, castor oil, olive oil, coconut oil(self made & natural) and avocado oil 2geda. It worked like magic on my skin but made my hair oily, soft and Weak.Gosh!
Re: The Beauty Of Shea Butter(ori)(kadanya) by Nabenj(f): 7:58pm On Jan 03, 2013
joyce ada: hw mani wiks does it take a heal scars n plz were n hw can i get it plz frndz
You can get odourless and first grade shea butter here http://wowyard.com/products/detail/514
Re: The Beauty Of Shea Butter(ori)(kadanya) by ickychinky(f): 8:00pm On Jan 03, 2013
pls 4 dose residing in abj wia can i buy it from
Re: The Beauty Of Shea Butter(ori)(kadanya) by Floxxi(f): 8:18pm On Jan 03, 2013
No say na me tell una o coz na secret, for skin brightening mix unrefined ori with palm oil rub at night your skin will forever glow. Tested and trusted.
Re: The Beauty Of Shea Butter(ori)(kadanya) by watchindelta(m): 8:46pm On Jan 03, 2013
anybody here resid in delta st warri kn where i can get the original shea butter?
Re: The Beauty Of Shea Butter(ori)(kadanya) by Smhart1(f): 8:48pm On Jan 03, 2013
@ op, nice trend, used it b4 for my skin and had a 9c result.....i have a scar on my face gotten 4rm an accident i had sometimes last year, really i need something 2 get rid of it....any solution please ?
Re: The Beauty Of Shea Butter(ori)(kadanya) by danniekute(m): 8:55pm On Jan 03, 2013
@op nice one.jst remembered hw okwuma was used on me and my sibling wen we wia growing up.i wil nw introduce it to my family nw tho my madam has bt she dont mek use it.God bless u dear.
Re: The Beauty Of Shea Butter(ori)(kadanya) by funmeme(f): 9:00pm On Jan 03, 2013
chacha3: As for me I used it on my new born baby and noticed rashes over his body esp on his face,it was really bad I had to go and see a doctor so I stopped using the shea butter on him. Different strokes for different folks. I may try using it personally shaa.

Maybe you bought the fake one, only the fake reacts badly as such..
Re: The Beauty Of Shea Butter(ori)(kadanya) by Rotmyt: 9:03pm On Jan 03, 2013
Sapphiredamsel:
why did u abandon ur dayariii?

I got tired of writing and decided on reading instead. wink
Re: The Beauty Of Shea Butter(ori)(kadanya) by Sapphiredamsel(f): 9:05pm On Jan 03, 2013
Rotmyt:

I got tired of writing and decided on reading instead. wink
Dats great.
Re: The Beauty Of Shea Butter(ori)(kadanya) by movado19: 9:08pm On Jan 03, 2013
Shea butter is a product I will forever treasure. I was attacked by a pit bull and had wounds on my face and hand. When I got to the hospital, I was told that my wounds would heal but leave a very heavy scar on my face and hand!
I was getting married in four months time, so began my mission to get anything that would not make me have scars; then I happened upon http://www.shearadiance.com/ where this Nigerian couple sell bulk natural Shea butter. I bought the butter and began applying it to my face and hand and was surprised when the scar on my face began to heal and appear smaller before twenty four hours and the one on my hand began to disappear two days later. Within a week, everyone who saw me when I had the attack were very shocked as to how I looked normal; as if nothing ever happened!
I became overjoyed and began using the butter all over my body and my once monstrous stretchmarks are now very faint.
Now, I use Shea butter mixed with virgin unrefined coconut oil I found at http://www.tropicaltraditions.com/ on my hair, face, and entire body.

God has already prepared everything we humans would ever need here on earth for our stay, so I am very pro natural products and I hope this encourages you all to begin using natural oils and such.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Beauty Of Shea Butter(ori)(kadanya) by surmau: 9:26pm On Jan 03, 2013
cinammon: Happy new year y'all smiley jus thot to share my experience wit shea butter cool shocked ...in d bid to effortlessly maintain a flawless and beautiful skin,we ladies try our lucks on so many beauty enhancing products...I actually didn't mind how much I spent on my personal effects as long as I got what I wanted,lol,I was really coveteous when it came to topics like this cos I wud b d 1st to rush 4 dos products cheesy then came d down slide,I changed my body cream again nd I started noticing some rather awful stretch marks embarassed Gosh,I was really nt happy angry My silky ebony skin!?sad sad plus all d stories dat stretch marks cnt b removed totally,cn only b faded...I guess dat was what I needed 2 quench d 'demonic coveteousness' grin..then I decided to drop all nd went bac to vaseline and shea butter nd I did it religously,I stopped all d chemicals completely nd BAM! I got my flawless skin bac,it didn't happen over night tho cos I had to use it continously...all traces of d stretch marks gone(no wonder shea butter is called d tree of life) smiley..since then I made up my mind to stick to my natural suppliments.. wink smiley Am not into any promotion business what so ever,I jus felt this wud encourage beautiful ladies hu feel sad 4 dier skin disorders nd plunge into further destruction by usin more chemicals..naturally I like to stay healthy and I feed well(wit the right nutrients) so I had no doubt about getting back in shape..it only takes patience,u don't expect over night miracle buh it sure does work.... kiss kiss there are countless wonders shea butter can perform,u will love ur skin glow *hugs*
I have used it for somtimes but it make me dark, though my body was smooth but am not comfortable with d darkening, so I had to stop. I wanna ask if deres anytin I can mix with it that will stop d darkening. Thanks
Re: The Beauty Of Shea Butter(ori)(kadanya) by gunuvi(m): 9:39pm On Jan 03, 2013
You can buy Virgin coconut oil in Nigeria by calling Femi on 07026015480 or visit www.sebasicoconuts.com
Re: The Beauty Of Shea Butter(ori)(kadanya) by Nwandol: 9:54pm On Jan 03, 2013
U re soo correct,I use shea butter wit my venus as my daily bodycream n didn't realise my skin was already glowing until my colleague askd for d cream I was using saying I had a glowing skin
Re: The Beauty Of Shea Butter(ori)(kadanya) by Sleek05(f): 9:58pm On Jan 03, 2013
I'm surprised people r sayin shea butter makes dem dark. Dere was dis babe I met in camp...flawless is an understatement 4 how fair and flawless dis girl looked. While we were all gettin dark n ugly in camp dis babe was glowin so one day I cudnt hold it nymore, I asked her wat cream she was using and she said 'ori'. That was wen I got 2 know abt d wonders of dat cream. This thread has reinforced dat surprisr. I pray I get d original.

3 Likes

Re: The Beauty Of Shea Butter(ori)(kadanya) by HapiNna: 10:11pm On Jan 03, 2013
@poster, does this shea butter, virgin oil combination cure pimples?
Re: The Beauty Of Shea Butter(ori)(kadanya) by chacha3(f): 11:06pm On Jan 03, 2013
funmeme:

Maybe you bought the fake one, only the fake reacts badly as such..
yea maybe because I have never used it so I don't know the difference btw the fake and the original, I bought it at the hosp where I put to bed. I will try and see if I can get the original one. Tanx
Re: The Beauty Of Shea Butter(ori)(kadanya) by valenlabella(f): 11:19pm On Jan 03, 2013
I love the way shea butter enhances one's natural beauty and complexion; whether you're ebony skinned or light it just gives you this radiant glow. I always have people asking me what cream I use. Mixed with morrocan argan oil, it's pure heaven!

1 Like

Re: The Beauty Of Shea Butter(ori)(kadanya) by anitank(f): 11:33pm On Jan 03, 2013
While u ladies talk about it, I already melted the shea butter I left abandoned in my wardrobe for a while now, and mixed it with a little amount of olive oil. The yellow plate contains the melted shea butter while the white plate contains the solid form. The empty bottle is for the mixture while I took a little from the full olive oil bottle to neutralize the odour. Do I need to add anything more?

Don't worry about the smirn off ice grin, its not going into the bottle with the rest grin grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Beauty Of Shea Butter(ori)(kadanya) by CoolKizzy(m): 12:26am On Jan 04, 2013
ferhyntorlah: Sugarbabe_kemi@,

I also have an oily face but still use it and my face agrees with it.

I'm thinking why don't you mix a small amount of liquid Shea butter with Olive oil and try using it on your face to see what happens?

You could try other natural oils depending on your taste.

pls is der a liquid shea butter? Or u mean an already melted one.
Re: The Beauty Of Shea Butter(ori)(kadanya) by careidon: 12:27am On Jan 04, 2013
Ladies, U need well refined shea for desired effects & avoid the rashes.
But can U identify such?
@movado--Nice to know sm1 is doing smtin to aid the local women into turning the nuts to better quality butter.
Its surprising lots of the ladies don't know efficacy of shea.
Only the chocolate industry (used as filler substitute for cocoa butter in chocolates, and yes, its edible, northern women do cook with it) rivals the cosmetics' in consumption/purchase of shea butter. Its an ignored export product only some few foreigners have been exploiting for ages-check out online butter/product prices with local ones!
Re: The Beauty Of Shea Butter(ori)(kadanya) by Evans5050: 4:55am On Jan 04, 2013
Please what is really the source of the shear butter
Re: The Beauty Of Shea Butter(ori)(kadanya) by cinammon(f): 9:42am On Jan 04, 2013
Evans5050: Please what is really the source of the shear butter

Its 4rm a tree,d fruits of d tree r nuts..dos nuts r collected nd d butter is extracted 4rm d nut..u can google more on it...d tree is referred 2 as d tree of life
Re: The Beauty Of Shea Butter(ori)(kadanya) by kemzole(f): 10:01am On Jan 04, 2013
I once used Shea butter on ​M̶̲̥̅̊y̶̲̥̅̊ skin and I broke out,and also got darker,but It worked for ​M̶̲̥̅̊y̶̲̥̅̊ friend that introduced It t̲̣̣̥O̶̲̥̅̊ ♍ƺ,in fact she was getting lighter and fresher,so I guess It doesn't work for all skin type. undecided
Re: The Beauty Of Shea Butter(ori)(kadanya) by promire2004(f): 10:02am On Jan 04, 2013
Wow! Funny I never knew it's value when I was little. I remember now how I complained about the odour. Never knew it was this useful. I'm soooo calling my mum right away to get me some.@ Cinnamon, shea butter is pretty kool on ur skin. Can I mix it with vaseline cocoa butter cream? Thanks...
Re: The Beauty Of Shea Butter(ori)(kadanya) by beckyomas(f): 10:48am On Jan 04, 2013
Pls where can one get it in warri, delta state or benin? Nd what is it called in these places...might want to try it out
Re: The Beauty Of Shea Butter(ori)(kadanya) by Kslib(m): 10:55am On Jan 04, 2013
beckyomas: Pls where can one get it in warri, delta state or benin? Nd what is it called in these places...might want to try it out
Just go to any market and ask for "ori oyo"....shikena
Re: The Beauty Of Shea Butter(ori)(kadanya) by shegsrules(m): 11:51am On Jan 04, 2013
if only ladies could b watchful of what d rub on their body,most of d creams n soaps contain mecury which is a carcinogen,b watchful or bleach or tone ur skin n afta some yrs u battle with cancer
Re: The Beauty Of Shea Butter(ori)(kadanya) by slimphemmie(f): 12:37pm On Jan 04, 2013
The best skin care I'll gladly recommend is "ORI" i.e
SHEA BUTTER.
Please Read why.
What is Shea Butter?
Shea Butter is only found in the tropics of
Africa. It is extracted from the nuts of the
Shea-Karite tree which begins to bear fruit
after about 15 years; and can take up to 30
years to bear a quality crop of nuts with a
high content of irremovable fatty acid. It is
this fatty acid that gives Shea Butter its
unique healing properties and makes it far
superior to cocoa butter and other vegetable
butters. Traditionally, Shea Butter was
extracted by people who picked the nuts,
cracked them, grilled them and pounded
them. They were boiled in water for hours
until the Shea Butter rose to the surface. It
was then scooped into gourds and left to
cool and set. Shea Butter is solid at room
temperature although it quickly liquefies
right around body temperature. This Shea
Butter is called unrefined Shea Butter or raw
Shea Butter. Since Shea Butter is an all
natural product, it can vary widely in quality,
appearance and smell depending on where
it is produced from and how it is refined or
extracted. Most Shea Butter comes from
West Africa.
How Can I tell Good Shea Butter?
Pure Shea Butter can be found in three
types of extractions. Also, recently, Shea
Butter has begun to be graded.
• Raw or unrefined: extracted using water.
The color ranges from like cream (similar to
whipped butter) to grayish yellow. This is the
original form of Shea Butter.
• Refined: is more highly processed. Has
many of its natural components still intact.
• Highly refined or processed: solvents are
used to increase the yield (hexane is an
example). The color is pure white.
How should Shea Butter smell?
Shea Butter has a natural, nutty smell. Over
time the smell of the Shea Butter will
diminish. If an unrefined Shea Butter has
almost no smell, it is probably getting old.
How do I store Shea Butter?
Shea Butter does not need to be
refrigerated. However, over a period of two
or three years, the Shea Butter will begin to
lose some of its effectiveness. As the natural
ingredients begin to break down, some of
the healing benefits will be reduced, but the
Shea Butter will continue to be an effective
moisturizer. Store Shea Butter is a cool (not
necessarily cold) place. If you’re going to
use it within a couple of years, you should
have no problems.
My Shea Butter melted
One of the great things about Shea Butter is
its low melting point. When you apply it to
your skin, it literally liquefies. However, one
of the bad things about Shea Butter is its low
melting point. It’s quite possible it will melt
in a hot room. It may even be melted when
it’s delivered to you in the summer months.
If this happens, don’t worry. The Shea Butter
is good. Just take the lid off of the container
and set it in the refrigerator until it gets
hard again. As it begins to cool, you might
want to give it a stir to bring the olein (liquid
parts) back into contact with the stearin
(solid parts) so that the Shea Butter is
uniform throughout.
What color should my Shea Butter be?
The color of unrefined Shea Butter depends
on the Shea nuts used. Shea nuts will vary in
color from almost white to yellow. Therefore,
refined Shea Butter will vary in color. You
will not be able to determine the authenticity
or quality of Shea Butter based strictly on its
color. There is even a naturally golden yellow
colored Shea Butter. Shea Butter should
never be green, extremely hard or greasy
though. Most Shea Butter is a creamy color.
Shea Butter that is pure, bright white is
highly refined and may or may not have its
healing properties intact depending on how
it was refined.
How can Shea Butter benefit me?
Shea Butter can provide relief from
everything from just dry skin to many minor
dermatological diseases (if you have a
serious skin condition, you should see a
doctor). It has been clinically shown to
provide benefits.
Here are some of the benefits of Shea Butter
for the skin:
• Daily skin moisturizer (face and body)
• Dry skin relief
• Dry scalp
• Skin rash- including diaper rash
• Skin peeling, after tanning
• Blemishes and wrinkles
• Itching skin due to dryness
• Sunburn
• Shaving cream to reduce razor irritation
• Small skin wounds
• Skin cracks
• Soften tough skin on feet (especially heels)
• Stretch mark prevention during pregnancy
• Minor burns
• Eczema
• Sun and wind protection
• Even skin tone
• Reduce blemishes and scarring
• Eliminating scalp irritation from dryness or
chemical processing
• Preventing bumps after shaving
• Reducing acne
• Absorbs quickly without leaving a greasy
residue
• Helps restore elasticity to skin
• Restores luster to hair
How does Shea Butter benefit my skin?
Shea Butter nourishes the skin with Vitamins
A, E and F. Vitamins A and E help maintain
the skin and keep it clear and healthy. They
are particularly helpful for sun damaged
skin. They help prevent premature wrinkles
and facial lines. Vitamin F acts as a skin
protector and rejuvenator. It soothes rough,
dry or chapped skin and helps soften dry or
damaged hair. Shea Butter is high in
unsaponifiables (a type of fat). Shea Butter
has between 7-12% unsaponifiables. For
comparison, avocado oil, a well known skin
conditioner, has between 2-6%. This high
level of unsaponifiables is one of the
properties that makes Shea Butter so
invaluable in treating the conditions listed
above. Also, Shea Butter easily penetrates
the skin allowing the skin to breathe and not
clogging pores. Shea Butter has a high level
of cinnamic acid, a natural sun screen. So, it
provides some degree of protection from the
sun. Shea Butter is also anti-inflammatory
making it useful in treating rheumatism.
Is all Shea Butter the same?
All Shea Butter is not the same. Shea Butter
loses some of its healing properties as it sits
on the shelf, so very old Shea Butter is not
as beneficial. Refining techniques will vary.
Highly processed Shea Butter will not be as
effective. Sometimes Shea Butter is mixed
with other ingredients that reduce its
benefits. Then, there are those products that
add very little Shea Butter but prominently
display “Shea Butter” on the label. While
Shea Butter is not very expensive, you
should be aware of products that claim to
provide the benefits of Shea Butter and sell
for very low prices. Many manufacturers are
taking advantage of the Shea Butter buzz by
adding a little Shea Butter to a very
inexpensive product implying you can get
the benefits of Shea Butter in their product.
What can I tell by looking at the label?
Ingredients on the label should be listed in
the order from the ingredient that is the
most to the least. Therefore, you should look
for Shea Butter products that list Shea Butter
early on the list of ingredients. You should
know the ingredients before you buy any
Shea Butter product and should buy from a
reputable source. The more Shea Butter in a
product, the greater the likelihood, you will
receive the full benefits of Shea Butter.
What’s the difference between raw Shea
butter, refined Shea butter and highly
refined Shea Butter?
The differences between raw, refined and
highly refined Shea Butter lie in how the
Shea Butter is extracted from the nut and
how it is processed after that. Manual
extraction processes leave more of the raw
ingredients in the Shea Butter. After it is
extracted, it can be further refined removing
color and impurities that some people don’t
like. This further refining can also remove
some of the smell. You can think of the
difference between raw Shea Butter and
refined Shea Butter as being similar to the
difference between wheat bread and white
bread. Truly raw Shea Butter can even be
unfiltered. That is one end of the spectrum.
On the other end, there is Shea Butter that is
extracted using chemicals that is pure white,
has no smell and has lost a lot of its healing
properties in the process.
Do I want raw Shea Butter or Refined Shea
Butter?
This is really a matter of preference. I prefer
raw Shea Butter. Unless you do not like the
smell of Shea Butter, we recommend you go
with raw. The more the Shea Butter is
processed, the higher the chance some of
the “good stuff” is going to be removed.
Certainly, none of the healing or moisturizing
properties of Shea Butter are enhanced by
the further processing to make it white and
odorless. If you do not like the smell of SheaButter, try to get refined Shea Butter that is
refined without the use of solvents.

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Top 10 Budget Perfumes For Men / German Man Pays £6,000 To Have His Ears Removed So His Head Looks Like A Skull / Miss Nairaland Contest 2016 - Semi-final

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.