Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,295 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:23 AM

The Beauty Of Shea Butter(ori)(kadanya) - Fashion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / The Beauty Of Shea Butter(ori)(kadanya) (109833 Views)

Light Skinned, Run From Shea Butter Oooo / What Dudu Osun Soap And African Shea Butter Can Do For Your Skin. / Usefulness Of Shear Butter(ori) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Beauty Of Shea Butter(ori)(kadanya) by Mhudi: 12:42pm On Jan 04, 2013
I used it starting july 2012 but after some few applications my skin started fading as if I was bleaching and I had to stop. I am dark in complexion and I like it and so reverted to using vaseline maintain my dark complexion. The best cream I ever used was Skin Balanced lotion between 2003 and 2004 but it is no longer in the market and it is very unfortunate that I cannot find an alternative for it after more than eight years.

1 Like

Re: The Beauty Of Shea Butter(ori)(kadanya) by ferhyntorlah(f): 1:27pm On Jan 04, 2013
Cool Kizzy:

pls is der a liquid shea butter? Or u mean an already melted one.

I mean the melted one. You won't find liquid shea butter in the market; it always in solid form.
Re: The Beauty Of Shea Butter(ori)(kadanya) by ferhyntorlah(f): 1:31pm On Jan 04, 2013
anitank: While u ladies talk about it, I already melted the shea butter I left abandoned in my wardrobe for a while no, and mixed it with a little amount of olive oil. The yellow plate contains the melted shea butter while the white plate contains the solid form. The empty bottle is for the mixture while I took a little from the full olive oil bottle to neutralize the odour. Do I need to add anything more?

No, You're good to go. If you notice the mixture solidifying, just shake the bottle and it's ready to use.

Don't worry about the smirn off ice grin, its not going into the bottle with the rest grin grin grin
Hehehehehehehehehehehehehehe

1 Like

Re: The Beauty Of Shea Butter(ori)(kadanya) by snthesis(m): 1:34pm On Jan 04, 2013
a friend needs advise for her pimples, she is always breaking out? whats the best solution, thanks
Re: The Beauty Of Shea Butter(ori)(kadanya) by ceah(m): 6:41pm On Jan 04, 2013
Shea Butter used together with the biodisc can help cure stroke

https://www.nairaland.com/207769/nature-healing-power-living-water
Re: The Beauty Of Shea Butter(ori)(kadanya) by MySmallWorld: 7:00pm On Jan 04, 2013
jennann: Nice post. So, how do you make the shea butter lighter in consistency for easy spreadability over the skin since it' s quite hard in the raw form?

Mix the shea butter with coconut or olive oil. It will give it and make it maintain a soft consistency.

http://inez-mysmallworld..com

1 Like

Re: The Beauty Of Shea Butter(ori)(kadanya) by TonyEben(m): 7:42pm On Jan 04, 2013
Damseluc:

I think you should try it and also mix it with snake fat (it is called Abubaeke in Igbo).
It think it should rather be described at "Python Fat"
Re: The Beauty Of Shea Butter(ori)(kadanya) by MySmallWorld: 8:59pm On Jan 04, 2013
jennann: Nice post. So, how do you make the shea butter lighter in consistency for easy spreadability over the skin since it' s quite hard in the raw form?
Re: The Beauty Of Shea Butter(ori)(kadanya) by MySmallWorld: 9:07pm On Jan 04, 2013
ferhyntorlah:

I mean the melted one. You won't find liquid shea butter in the market; it always in solid form.

There's Shea oil in the market but it's not easy to come by. And I have the feeling most of it's healing properties will have been refined away.
Re: The Beauty Of Shea Butter(ori)(kadanya) by Nobody: 9:11pm On Jan 04, 2013
Am I glad or what? Okay my secret product has been discovered! The wonders of shea butter cannot be overemphasised. I had to undergo training due to my new job and as such I got so badly sunburnt that I became worried. Someone,a friend recommended a cream 'Xtra White' with arbutin and sunscreen, but I had reservations because of the name as I didn't want to bleach, just needed my colour back. I researched Arbutin as a product and found out its gotten from the wild and is actually a natural lightening ingredient used in creams as substitute for hydroquinone. So I got the cream.
I've been using Shea butter off & on for a while now, but since its harmattan I decided to start using it consistently. I am amazed at the result. What I do is that I take a little shea butter in my palm, add the cream and mix together, then apply to my skin. My colour is not only back but my skin is so supple and even. I buy Okwuma like every week cos I never use it sparingly. Fifty naira worth fills a small jar. I hv introduced all my friends to it oh. As for the odour, I won't really call it that, it's kinda woody, and not bad, though d scent of my cream offsets it!

Tip: to know the original from fake, before you buy, take a little and apply to your inner wrist, if it dissolves immediately like vaseline, it's fake. If however it remains a bit whitish before it melts into your skin, voila! You got urself the original.

It doesn't make me dark one bit, I'm light complexioned, so I think that is a myth or maybe because I combine it with my cream. You can see for yourself my twitter avi @
Taken with BB curve4, no photoshop. Lol

1 Like

Re: The Beauty Of Shea Butter(ori)(kadanya) by Flawlessdiva1(f): 10:33am On Jan 05, 2013
I think Shea butter should be used at night. When it comes in contact with sunlight gives the darkening effect. Same ås Aloe vera. I didnt know it was good for after shave bumps. Thanks for the info. I use it for my hair.
Re: The Beauty Of Shea Butter(ori)(kadanya) by mu2sa2: 11:50am On Jan 05, 2013
elelem: How do you take care of shea butter odour?
The type sold in my home area has a strong smell, but I discovered that in parts of yorubaland, eg.Ilorin, their shea butter is odourless and its original. So if u cant stand the strong odour, go for the odourless - the quality is the same.

1 Like

Re: The Beauty Of Shea Butter(ori)(kadanya) by mu2sa2: 12:04pm On Jan 05, 2013
Mhudi: I used it starting july 2012 but after some few applications my skin started fading as if I was bleaching and I had to stop. I am dark in complexion and I like it and so reverted to using vaseline maintain my dark complexion. The best cream I ever used was Skin Balanced lotion between 2003 and 2004 but it is no longer in the market and it is very unfortunate that I cannot find an alternative for it after more than eight years.
I used to think shea butter causes skin bleaching because my light-skinned daughter gets "lighter" when she uses it. But I just discovered that the Skin isn't bleaching; shea butter actually rejuvenate the skin by ridding it of dead cells. the end result is that your skin regains it natural appearance and looks smooth and "lighter".

1 Like

Re: The Beauty Of Shea Butter(ori)(kadanya) by ferhyntorlah(f): 1:55pm On Jan 05, 2013
My Small World :

There's Shea oil in the market but it's not easy to come by. And I have the feeling most of it's healing properties will have been refined away.

Wow! So shea oil is actually available? I only know of the solid shea butter. Like you said, it might not be as potent as the butter.
Re: The Beauty Of Shea Butter(ori)(kadanya) by tajulasblog(f): 3:58pm On Jan 07, 2013
garnetty: @ tajulasblog- have you ever tried it when mixed other kinds of oil e.g. olive oil? or is it more effective when used in its raw state?
I have never used to olive oil i use them seperately though sayin that while i was preggers i used both shea butter and olive oil on my tummy gene rously.
Re: The Beauty Of Shea Butter(ori)(kadanya) by heavenlynzinga: 11:52am On Feb 25, 2013
Re: The Beauty Of Shea Butter(ori)(kadanya) by sophiakalu(f): 9:26am On Apr 07, 2013
berem: does it really have odour? The most important thing is the benefit on your skin.

I have been using okwoma(shea butter) on my skin for the past 3years.i also use it for my hair to treat dandruff.it is also good for kids as their cream.it doesn't cause sweat too.

Its great for hair. I take it to the salon on each visit, I apply it to my scalp just after I remove the rollers from my dried hair, then I go bak into the dryer to heat up the shea butter in my scalp. I have noticed that the chronic dandruff I ve had since I was a Kid has automatically stopped and my hair is fuller, healthier and simply great

2 Likes

Re: The Beauty Of Shea Butter(ori)(kadanya) by victoriousvic1: 4:24pm On Apr 21, 2013
is goya extra virgin olive oil gud 2 mix with shearbutter
Re: The Beauty Of Shea Butter(ori)(kadanya) by cinammon(f): 6:11pm On Apr 22, 2013
Yea sure it is, u'l have to control the application though so u don't get so oily especially with the hot weather.
Re: The Beauty Of Shea Butter(ori)(kadanya) by victoriousvic1: 8:43pm On Apr 24, 2013
ok, tnx
Re: The Beauty Of Shea Butter(ori)(kadanya) by ferhyntorlah(f): 11:58pm On Apr 24, 2013
sophia kalu:
Its great for hair. I take it to the salon on each visit, I apply it to my scalp just after I remove the rollers from my dried hair, then I go bak into the dryer to heat up the shea butter in my scalp. I have noticed that the chronic dandruff I ve had since I was. Kid has automatically stopped and my hair is fuller, healthier and simply great

Hello Sophia, is your hair texlax cos it sure looks like one?
Re: The Beauty Of Shea Butter(ori)(kadanya) by bblacky(f): 11:20am On Apr 25, 2013
Educating is an understatement.. I v come to beliv this mystery. But please can shea butter help I??n?? hair growth? My front hair line has broken dat i v no hair dia, v used almost every products advised yet i end up regreting wasting ma cash! As 4 d stretch mark am trying t out.
Re: The Beauty Of Shea Butter(ori)(kadanya) by Nobody: 2:32am On Apr 26, 2013
cinammon: Happy new year y'all smiley jus thot to share my experience wit shea butter cool shocked ...in d bid to effortlessly maintain a flawless and beautiful skin,we ladies try our lucks on so many beauty enhancing products...I actually didn't mind how much I spent on my personal effects as long as I got what I wanted,lol,I was really coveteous when it came to topics like this cos I wud b d 1st to rush 4 dos products cheesy then came d down slide,I changed my body cream again nd I started noticing some rather awful stretch marks embarassed Gosh,I was really nt happy angry My silky ebony skin!?sad sad plus all d stories dat stretch marks cnt b removed totally,cn only b faded...I guess dat was what I needed 2 quench d 'demonic coveteousness' grin..then I decided to drop all nd went bac to vaseline and shea butter nd I did it religously,I stopped all d chemicals completely nd BAM! I got my flawless skin bac,it didn't happen over night tho cos I had to use it continously...all traces of d stretch marks gone(no wonder shea butter is called d tree of life) smiley..since then I made up my mind to stick to my natural suppliments.. wink smiley Am not into any promotion business what so ever,I jus felt this wud encourage beautiful ladies hu feel sad 4 dier skin disorders nd plunge into further destruction by usin more chemicals..naturally I like to stay healthy and I feed well(wit the right nutrients) so I had no doubt about getting back in shape..it only takes patience,u don't expect over night miracle buh it sure does work.... kiss kiss there are countless wonders shea butter can perform,u will love ur skin glow *hugs*

awesome...i've never used it for my skin.
but as far as using it for hair...i can attest to you that shea butter is awesome for our hair!! cool

i will try some skin creams with shea butter in them to see if what you are saying is true lol. grin
Re: The Beauty Of Shea Butter(ori)(kadanya) by sophiakalu(f): 7:55am On Apr 27, 2013
ferhyntorlah:

Hello Sophia, is your hair texlax cos it sure hlooks like one?

Hi ferhyntorlah, I don't even know wat texlax is. The first picture is my natural hair and the second is braided with expression hair attachment.
Re: The Beauty Of Shea Butter(ori)(kadanya) by victoriousvic1: 11:52am On Apr 27, 2013
@cinammon, av start using d shea butter + olive oil 4 a wk nw & its like am getin dark, is it bcs i use it in d monin? Am i surpose 2 use it after 9t shower only. Or bcs its d fisrt week, am confuse
Re: The Beauty Of Shea Butter(ori)(kadanya) by ferhyntorlah(f): 1:48pm On Apr 27, 2013
sophia kalu:
Hi ferhyntorlah, I don't even know wat texlax is. The first picture is my natural hair and the second is braided with expression hair attachment.

Thanks Sophia. Texlax hair is hair that isn't bone straight. It still has a bit of the natural curls and much easier to handle.
Re: The Beauty Of Shea Butter(ori)(kadanya) by PNClothing: 3:51pm On Apr 28, 2013
Learn how to cut and sew @ Pearl Nash Fashion School www.facebook.com/pearlnashclothing Or add us 25D8B6AF or call 07032779599.
Re: The Beauty Of Shea Butter(ori)(kadanya) by gianni(f): 9:28pm On Apr 28, 2013
Nice thread! Now that we know of natural, unrefined body cream, is there any natural soap that has all the qualities listed above?
Re: The Beauty Of Shea Butter(ori)(kadanya) by ferhyntorlah(f): 10:25pm On Apr 28, 2013
gianni: Nice thread! Now that we know of natural, unrefined body cream, is there any natural soap that has all the qualities listed above?

We've got black soap eg Dudu Osun. Also, you can go for "unpackaged/village" black soaps sold in the market.
Re: The Beauty Of Shea Butter(ori)(kadanya) by victoriousvic1: 3:22pm On May 01, 2013
helloooooo, pls can any1 help me out? I mix ori wit olive oil & used 4 jst a wk & my skin ws like i ws rubbing shacoal. & am chocolate skin, is it dat i bout d fake 1 or am surpose 2 use it only afta 9t shower? & can som1 giv me gud daily moisturiser
Re: The Beauty Of Shea Butter(ori)(kadanya) by Peddylove(f): 2:00pm On May 02, 2013
Can a person use castor oil too? I just bought Shea butter and goya olive oil, the one in bottle.
Re: The Beauty Of Shea Butter(ori)(kadanya) by Cynluv(f): 9:27am On May 04, 2013
Pls can shea butter remove black spots on legs

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

German Man Pays £6,000 To Have His Ears Removed So His Head Looks Like A Skull / Miss Nairaland Contest 2016 - Semi-final / Beautiful Pictures Of Wedding / Engagement Rings! Come In:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.