Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,732 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:25 PM

Picture - Yaba LCDA Celebrates Weeding Of Atan Cemetery! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Picture - Yaba LCDA Celebrates Weeding Of Atan Cemetery! (977 Views)

IDP Workers Make Soup With Weeding Grass For Refugees. Photos / Cemetery Attendant Wants Funsho Williams Murder Case Retried / Pixes Of Major Kaduna Nzegwu's Grave At The Prestigious Military Cemetery In Kd (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Picture - Yaba LCDA Celebrates Weeding Of Atan Cemetery! by biodunid: 9:56am On Jan 02, 2013
Took a walk yesterday and saw this dispiriting 'project' sign board. It was such a new low for naija's misgovernance that I had to take pictures of it and share with nairalanders. Who will save us from these vultures in office who now think the best they can offer us is the weeding of a privatised cemetery? I live in Yaba and this is the first project notice I have seen in a long time aside the one for the LCDA building being put up at the LCDA office beside Panti police station.

Is Yaba LCDA saying it has nothing more significant than this to announce for 2012? In which universe does the weeding of a cemetery, which you have privatised and in which each grave costs almost N1m, deserve mention much less a signboard? Whatever happened to the couple of hundred million naira you get monthly as federal allocation before we discuss your share of tenement rates, market and motor park dues and the constant filching from okadas and kekes? Do we really need a 3rd layer of government that does absolutely nothing while consuming almost 20% of federal consolidated revenue?

While still ruminating on this disaster on my way to work this morning I heard over the radio that the chairman of the neighbouring Surulere LCDA had announced, nay, was celebrating, the purchase of brand new cars for his councillors! Not new school buildings, clinics, mass transit buses, markets, roads, drainage, low cost housing or anything remotely beneficial to you and I but brand new cars for the councillors to replace what I expect would be other cars they would have received from the same public purse less than four years ago! When do we say Enough! to this whole madness?!?

Re: Picture - Yaba LCDA Celebrates Weeding Of Atan Cemetery! by jmaine: 10:00am On Jan 02, 2013
If you don't blow your trumpet who will grin
Re: Picture - Yaba LCDA Celebrates Weeding Of Atan Cemetery! by biodunid: 7:53pm On Jan 02, 2013
Apparently no labourers employed by YLCDA who can wield a cutlass

(1) (Reply)

Isheri Oshun Road now the best road around. / Boko Haram Comes To South West / Deportation: APC, Party Of The Wicked – PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.