Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,321 members, 7,811,948 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:59 AM

If You Found Out Your Mum Has Tatoo, How Will You Look At Her? - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / If You Found Out Your Mum Has Tatoo, How Will You Look At Her? (11303 Views)

Look At The Snake My Younger Brother Killed This Night At His Door Step (PICS) / How Often Do You Look At Yourself In The Mirror In A Day? / My First Animated Tatoo! "wow" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Found Out Your Mum Has Tatoo, How Will You Look At Her? by Acecube(m): 4:18pm On Jan 02, 2013
Thank goodness my mom doesn't have any...

Like what most posters have said it all goes down to the type of tatoo and place bearing the tatoo.

For me if it's the type worn by ladies on their feet or hands (during ceremonies) i see no reason to be against it since it's not even permanent, i am o.k with tribal marks also, except we've started having indecent tribal marks which i doubt..

But when it becomes like tonto dikeh's i.e type worn on shoulders, breast e.t.c it becomes irritating ,to the extent that whenever i see a lady wearing such tatooes i don't look at them twice i take them as cheap w_o_es.

yeah, it irritates me to such an extent, i'll advise ladies to abhor thoughts of having one. call me old school or what have you. Like GEJ will say '' i don't give a damn ''

And I think everyone is entitled to his or her opinion.

( btw i'm not thinking of marriage, i'm that young )
Re: If You Found Out Your Mum Has Tatoo, How Will You Look At Her? by mizzyoma(f): 4:20pm On Jan 02, 2013
Jollyzone: If you found out your mum has tatoo will you still think of her as someone who was down to earth in her prime days? Will you still think of her as someone who is honourable and worthy of imitation?
i dnt lik tatooo maself. iif she does dats cos she likes it,dat dosent make her not to be ma adoraboe God sent mum
Re: If You Found Out Your Mum Has Tatoo, How Will You Look At Her? by ozodimgba(m): 4:23pm On Jan 02, 2013
I will be very proud of her afterall my mum na akpia kwa igwe.
Re: If You Found Out Your Mum Has Tatoo, How Will You Look At Her? by hagma37yahoocom: 4:28pm On Jan 02, 2013
Why you guys blabing,my mum gat facial totoo of my dad on her shoulder and we all love with it.
Re: If You Found Out Your Mum Has Tatoo, How Will You Look At Her? by vanstanzy(m): 5:04pm On Jan 02, 2013
I will be so disappointed in her, will look at her as being irresponsible and my respect for her will start eroding. For her to be engaging in one of the things she preaches against, I'll feel i cant trust her anymore and that she'll be a bad influence around younger ones. Though the Bible is against despising our elders, i wont be able to hold back the disgust.
Re: If You Found Out Your Mum Has Tatoo, How Will You Look At Her? by FlyboyZee: 5:06pm On Jan 02, 2013
My mum who is over 60, has her best friend's name tattooed on her left arm, running from the side where the elbow folds in through to the point where the palms opens up. She did this in remembrance of her best friend she lost during the civil war.
Now, how does that look or sound like irresponsibility.

I hate tattoos and piercings, but I've come to realise that both of them are part and parcel of many traditional African cultures and has actually got nothing to do with being responsible or not.
Re: If You Found Out Your Mum Has Tatoo, How Will You Look At Her? by Jollyzone(m): 5:06pm On Jan 02, 2013
nollywood20: African women, including mothers have been having tattoos since the reign of Oduduwa.

Never miscontrue tatoo for crest, they are quite different... In the past tribes in nigeria wear crest or tribal marks for easy identification but not tatoo
Re: If You Found Out Your Mum Has Tatoo, How Will You Look At Her? by thrugemaster(m): 5:08pm On Jan 02, 2013
Jollyzone: If you found out your mum has tatoo will you still think of her as someone who was down to earth in her prime days? Will you still think of her as someone who is honourable and worthy of imitation?

jamb question
Re: If You Found Out Your Mum Has Tatoo, How Will You Look At Her? by vanstanzy(m): 5:09pm On Jan 02, 2013
Acecube: Thank goodness my mom doesn't have any...

Like what most posters have said it all goes down to the type of tatoo and place bearing the tatoo.

For me if it's the type worn by ladies on their feet or hands (during ceremonies) i see no reason to be against it since it's not even permanent, i am o.k with tribal marks also, except we've started having indecent tribal marks which i doubt..

But when it becomes like tonto dikeh's i.e type worn on shoulders, breast e.t.c it becomes irritating ,to the extent that whenever i see a lady wearing such tatooes i don't look at them twice i take them as cheap w_o_es.

yeah, it irritates me to such an extent, i'll advise ladies not to abhor thoughts of having one. call me old school or what have you. Like GEJ will say '' i don't give a damn ''

And I think everyone is entitled to his or her opinion.

( btw i'm not thinking of marriage, i'm that young )

We're on the same boat, i FV*CKING HATE angry angry angry permanent tattoos too. And its not, "i'll advise ladies not to [color=#990000]abhor thoughts of having one"[/color] but i'll advise ladies to [color=#990000]adhor thoughts of having one[/color].
Re: If You Found Out Your Mum Has Tatoo, How Will You Look At Her? by 2Legit2Qui: 5:11pm On Jan 02, 2013
This thrash on the front page?
Re: If You Found Out Your Mum Has Tatoo, How Will You Look At Her? by ghettodreamz(m): 5:13pm On Jan 02, 2013
Okay....

Olorun ma je ooooo
Koni buru fun wa
Olorun ma je oooo
gringringringringrin

#SingingInDbanj'sTone#
Re: If You Found Out Your Mum Has Tatoo, How Will You Look At Her? by klas(m): 5:20pm On Jan 02, 2013
Jollyzone:

Never miscontrue tatoo for crest, they are quite different... In the past tribes in nigeria wear crest or tribal marks for easy identification but not tatoo

You are very WRONG. The tattoo in yorubaland is tattoo and permanent. My granny and my mum got them. My mum was octogenarian when she died. The Yoruba tattoo followed the same process as foreign ones sans machine. Many needles are bunched together and dipped into dye which are then used to make the design on the body. Herbs are then used to treat the marks for many days until the tattoo heals. Yorubas call it finfin.

Very soon we will start crediting plaiting of hair to Americans. Mental slavery
Re: If You Found Out Your Mum Has Tatoo, How Will You Look At Her? by hannydarl(f): 5:23pm On Jan 02, 2013
Na wa o. Mother feed you with tatoo on her boobs, she sheltered and gave you love with tatoo on her. Sleepless nights and vigils at your bedside when you were sick with tatoo o. Prays everyday she see you walk past for God to protect and bless you with tatoo still on her. Maybe you lost your dad along the road and she stood by you with tatoo on her.worked long hours to see that you get basic things in life with tatoo on her. Then you grow big, know the meaning of life and tatoos and then decide her mothering skill and nature should not be coppied cos she got tatooed.

If my mama like make she take tatoo baf. As long as she was a good mother, aunty, sister , neighbour and daughter I will love her and pray to be like her. If I don't like totoo then I won't get one but will pray to get her humanity and personality.
Re: If You Found Out Your Mum Has Tatoo, How Will You Look At Her? by Revolva(m): 5:26pm On Jan 02, 2013
Haba if una mama get sometin like dis nkor what will u describe her !!!! Chei u no what I mean !!!!!

Re: If You Found Out Your Mum Has Tatoo, How Will You Look At Her? by sun1128: 5:33pm On Jan 02, 2013
I cant even imaging that, because i know my mum can NEVER in her entire life draw tatoo on her self.
Re: If You Found Out Your Mum Has Tatoo, How Will You Look At Her? by Mexky: 5:34pm On Jan 02, 2013
It depends on d part of her body she is wearing it. Ok if is not conspicous
Re: If You Found Out Your Mum Has Tatoo, How Will You Look At Her? by SisiKill1: 5:39pm On Jan 02, 2013
My grandmomma had a tattoo and I didn't look at her any differently because it had nothing to do with who she is. . .was.

One would thinking in the year 2013, these kinda yeye questions would not be asked but I guess, it's only the number in the years that increases not some people's IQ. embarassed
Re: If You Found Out Your Mum Has Tatoo, How Will You Look At Her? by Acecube(m): 5:45pm On Jan 02, 2013
vanstanzy:

We're on the same boat, i FV*CKING HATE angry angry angry permanent tattoos too. And its not, "i'll advise ladies not to [color=#990000]abhor thoughts of having one"[/color] but i'll advise ladies to [color=#990000]adhor thoughts of having one[/color].
thanks, i used it wrongly , buh i think it's still '' abhor not adhor ''
Re: If You Found Out Your Mum Has Tatoo, How Will You Look At Her? by Nobody: 6:15pm On Jan 02, 2013
k2039: [color=soyouquotedme]Her choice but I will be dissapointed. [/color]
diff strokes 4 diff folks @op her havn a tattoo 2 me is no biggie nd can neva change d way i see her.
Re: If You Found Out Your Mum Has Tatoo, How Will You Look At Her? by JOYCEOUS(f): 6:22pm On Jan 02, 2013
thrugemaster:

jamb question
at lest u do ans jamb qustns, so ansa dis 1
Re: If You Found Out Your Mum Has Tatoo, How Will You Look At Her? by Akporugo247: 6:30pm On Jan 02, 2013
Na ashawo she be..
Dell Reviews
Re: If You Found Out Your Mum Has Tatoo, How Will You Look At Her? by Symphony007: 7:02pm On Jan 02, 2013
Why will a tatoo change someone's view of their mother. It's senseless..what about grandmothers who used burnt cashews to draw tatoo on their bodies. Does that change their morals? Please!! Stop making tatoos seem like horrid taboo...p/s: i'll never get a tatoo.
Re: If You Found Out Your Mum Has Tatoo, How Will You Look At Her? by Korrection(m): 7:02pm On Jan 02, 2013
My mum is over 70 now and has a tatto on her left arm written her name on it..when I asked her she said it was used as an identity in those days.. Good reason apart from beauty reason...
Re: If You Found Out Your Mum Has Tatoo, How Will You Look At Her? by Jollyzone(m): 7:20pm On Jan 02, 2013
Sisi_Kill: My grandmomma had a tattoo and I didn't look at her any differently because it had nothing to do with who she is. . .was.

One would thinking in the year 2013, these kinda yeye questions would not be asked but I guess, it's only the number in the years that increases not some people's IQ. embarassed
Now I see why they say "when common sense is lacking, every other thing is lacking... what a pity!
Re: If You Found Out Your Mum Has Tatoo, How Will You Look At Her? by thrugemaster(m): 7:29pm On Jan 02, 2013
JOYCEOUS: at lest u do ans jamb qustns, so ansa dis 1

No be by force to get 400 percent...... I skip this question

So can you answer it for me
Re: If You Found Out Your Mum Has Tatoo, How Will You Look At Her? by EasyNaijacom: 7:41pm On Jan 02, 2013
PRETTY MUM SWAG
Re: If You Found Out Your Mum Has Tatoo, How Will You Look At Her? by alonso2214(m): 7:55pm On Jan 02, 2013
Korrection: My mum is over 70 now and has a tatto on her left arm written her name on it..when I asked her she said it was used as an identity in those days.. Good reason apart from beauty reason...
the most sensible reason i viewed here........
Re: If You Found Out Your Mum Has Tatoo, How Will You Look At Her? by Mohammedekete: 8:33pm On Jan 02, 2013
Lil can feed ur tenth generation and u are here ...
manny4life: No offense to those who like Tats, but imo, I look at actions as irresponsible particularly those who overdo theirs. For instance Wiz, lil wayne and the rest of them, it's just ridic.

Therefore, if my mom has a tat, I'll love and respect my mom, but I'll be straight up with my mom as well. Mom this is so uncalled for and very unfortunate but I still love you though...
Re: If You Found Out Your Mum Has Tatoo, How Will You Look At Her? by pat077: 8:34pm On Jan 02, 2013
kini big deal?
Re: If You Found Out Your Mum Has Tatoo, How Will You Look At Her? by project8(m): 8:36pm On Jan 02, 2013
I would prefer to mind my business bt a little dissapointed althouth depending on the type of tatoo she has.
Re: If You Found Out Your Mum Has Tatoo, How Will You Look At Her? by Mentaremix(m): 10:08pm On Jan 02, 2013
Only God knws what dis world is turning into!!
Re: If You Found Out Your Mum Has Tatoo, How Will You Look At Her? by Hardfact: 10:27pm On Jan 02, 2013
See her with tattoo?
I'll be like who?
Na true?
View her like baboo!
That na taboo!
Poo!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

20 Funniest Quotes From Patience Jonathan You’ve Never Heard. / Nairaland Or Facebook: Which Is The Best? / Elon Musk's Organization To Role Out Robot Wife Late 2023

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.