Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,482 members, 7,812,490 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:10 PM

Turkey Invades Iraq To Flush Out Kurdish Rebels - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Turkey Invades Iraq To Flush Out Kurdish Rebels (2058 Views)

Gallant Soldiers Finally Enter Sambisa Forest To Flush Out The Boko Haram / Photos; Christian Militants Arrive Iraq To Fight ISIS / Snakes And Bees 'flush Out' Boko Haram Fighters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Turkey Invades Iraq To Flush Out Kurdish Rebels by Seun(m): 3:38pm On Feb 22, 2008
ISTANBUL, Turkey - Turkish troops launched a ground incursion across the border into Iraq in pursuit of separatist Kurdish rebels, the military said Friday — a move that dramatically escalates Turkey's conflict with the militants.
ADVERTISEMENT

It is the first confirmed ground operation by the Turkish military into Iraq since the US.-led invasion that toppled Saddam Hussein. It also raised concerns that it could trigger a wider conflict with the US.-backed Iraqi Kurds, despite Turkey's assurances that its only target was the Kurdistan Workers' Party, or PKK.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080222/ap_on_re_mi_ea/turkey_iraq
Re: Turkey Invades Iraq To Flush Out Kurdish Rebels by Sabisabi: 4:29pm On Feb 22, 2008
As long as dem no invaded us who cares.
Re: Turkey Invades Iraq To Flush Out Kurdish Rebels by Kobojunkie: 5:54pm On Feb 22, 2008
SabiSabi don yari ooo, !!! LMAO!!
Re: Turkey Invades Iraq To Flush Out Kurdish Rebels by Seun(m): 7:25pm On Feb 22, 2008
I just felt you guys would like to know.
Re: Turkey Invades Iraq To Flush Out Kurdish Rebels by Ibime(m): 12:47pm On Feb 23, 2008
Yankee go allow anybody when dey play their game do whatever they want. The Kurds have a just cause but Yankee refuse to recognise them as a people. Because Turkey let Yankee put their military installations in Turkey, they give Turkey free hand to do whatever they want. Yankee should pray that these Kurds don't get angry and start causing them havoc in Iraq as a reprisal for their actions.

@ SabiSabi, Yankee did the same to us in Biafra as the do to the Kurds now. One day they will do the same to Odudua as they do to Niger Delta too.

1 Like

Re: Turkey Invades Iraq To Flush Out Kurdish Rebels by almondjoy(f): 1:03pm On Feb 23, 2008
Good!  Let some other countries invade Iraq so our noble young men and women separated from their families long enough--no thank to George Bush and members of his cabinets, can come home and begin to put the pieces of their lives back together again!

For all a care, the whole middle east can go up in flames if they cannot learn to live peacefully amongst themselves. They shouls also learn to stop being manipulated by others, the US included! kiss
Re: Turkey Invades Iraq To Flush Out Kurdish Rebels by texazzpete(m): 4:29pm On Feb 25, 2008
Ibime:

Yankee go allow anybody when dey play their game do whatever they want. The Kurds have a just cause but Yankee refuse to recognise them as a people. Because Turkey let Yankee put their military installations in Turkey, they give Turkey free hand to do whatever they want. Yankee should pray that these Kurds don't get angry and start causing them havoc in Iraq as a reprisal for their actions.

@ SabiSabi, Yankee did the same to us in Biafra as the do to the Kurds now. One day they will do the same to Odudua as they do to Niger Delta too.

So the frantic attempts by the Bush administration to dissuade the turkish millitary from invading Iraqi territory were lost on you abi?
The furore surrounding this action had been on the news for quite a while. How could you miss it?

it figures, sha. armchair critics like yourself speak out of ignorance 99% of the time.
Re: Turkey Invades Iraq To Flush Out Kurdish Rebels by Nobody: 8:49pm On Feb 25, 2008
war in disguise.thought turkey belonged to the EU.so why cant smone do smthing abt that
Re: Turkey Invades Iraq To Flush Out Kurdish Rebels by hollandis(f): 10:38am On Feb 26, 2008
Turkey should be very careful with the UNNECESSARY military attacks.The unleashing of violence by the US on purportedly "dangerous countries" is paving the way for other countries to carry out uncalled for attacks at any slight opportunity.Unfortunately ,Turkey is one country that has a lot of foreign migrants especially african
I wonder if they have the defence mechanism to withstand this "cold war"
Re: Turkey Invades Iraq To Flush Out Kurdish Rebels by Ibime(m): 10:42am On Feb 26, 2008
texazzpete:

So the frantic attempts by the Bush administration to dissuade the turkish millitary from invading Iraqi territory were lost on you abi?
The furore surrounding this action had been on the news for quite a while. How could you miss it?

it figures, sha. armchair critics like yourself speak out of ignorance 99% of the time.

Which furore over invading Iraq? Was it the Bush administration that were trying to dissuade Turkey?- Or the press?

Those are two different things - did George Bush or Condo Rice come out and say they did not want Turkey to invade Iraq? or was it pundits on CBN or ABC news? Abeg stop talking nonsense.

The Bush administration have stressed that Turkey have a right to flush out Kurdish militants from Iraq as part of the right afforded countries by the UN charter to defend themselves.

You really think Turkey can step foot in Iraq without Yankee's permission? - you must be an idiot then!

1 Like

Re: Turkey Invades Iraq To Flush Out Kurdish Rebels by Afam(m): 11:59am On Feb 26, 2008
The US has taught Turkey well, invade any country you like and explain your actions to the birds.
Re: Turkey Invades Iraq To Flush Out Kurdish Rebels by texazzpete(m): 4:20pm On Feb 26, 2008
Ibime:

Which furore over invading Iraq? Was it the Bush administration that were trying to dissuade Turkey?- Or the press?

Those are two different things - did George Bush or Condo Rice come out and say they did not want Turkey to invade Iraq? or was it pundits on CBN or ABC news? Abeg stop talking nonsense.

The Bush administration have stressed that Turkey have a right to flush out Kurdish militants from Iraq as part of the right afforded countries by the UN charter to defend themselves.

You really think Turkey can step foot in Iraq without Yankee's permission? - you must be an idiot then!

Said your piece, have you? Good!
Now kindly tender proof for the highlighted text.

1 Like

Re: Turkey Invades Iraq To Flush Out Kurdish Rebels by 4Play(m): 6:42pm On Feb 26, 2008
Afam:

The US has taught Turkey well, invade any country you like and explain your actions to the birds.

This is the problem with those who see the world through the prism of anti-Americanism.To the extent that there are victims of Turkey's policy,it is the Kurdish inhabitants of Northern Iraq first and foremost and not the US.So the sophomoric twaddle about "teaching the US well" is absurd.
Re: Turkey Invades Iraq To Flush Out Kurdish Rebels by bawomolo(m): 7:00pm On Feb 26, 2008
keep in mind that turkey is fighting the PKK and not the pershmerga or the regular autonomous army of the kurds. the US and EU recognize the PKK as terrorist groups which they rightfully are. i see no problem with this as long as turkey doesn't go deep into kurdistan.
Re: Turkey Invades Iraq To Flush Out Kurdish Rebels by Ibime(m): 2:35am On Feb 27, 2008
The PKK are terrorists in whose eyes? - The same way the British Foreign Office released press statements saying Biafra was a bunch or ragtag militants with no support from their people and they would be defeated in one week. Soon they are going to say M.E.N.D is a terrorist group as well, then Odudua. I have a lot of Kurdish friends and they all support PKK - so whether Yankee recognises pershmerga or not, the PKK is the people's choice. The people decide who their freedom fighters are, not Yankee. Apparently, Mandela was also a terrorist.

As for TexasPete - or whatever your name is - Maybe your real name is LagosGbenga - but I can see that you are totally Americanised. Anyway, It was widely reported in the press that Turkey is defending its right afforded it by the UN - and implied that it is doing so with Yankees blessing - I no go waste my time look for am for you. Make you go find am yourself. Any mumu knows that if it was not with Yankees blessing they would not be there because Yankee administer Iraq. By the way, American missiles have been in Turkey since the Cold War and Turkey is a strategic ally of Yankee. Of course Yankee is going to say PKK is a terrorist group. Are Kurds musli m ? -are they fighting for religious or nationalistic causes?
Re: Turkey Invades Iraq To Flush Out Kurdish Rebels by bawomolo(m): 3:53am On Feb 27, 2008
the PKK are notorious for attacking mostly civillian targets. there are much more moderate kurdish groups in turkey that have criticized the PKK. there is a distinction between the pershmerga and the PKK(they are not the same). yes MEND is a terrorist group.

Are Kurds musli m ? -are they fighting for religious or nationalistic causes?

kurds range from muslim to assyrian to agnostic, they are fighting for nationalist causes and autonomy.
Re: Turkey Invades Iraq To Flush Out Kurdish Rebels by Ibime(m): 4:23am On Feb 27, 2008
bawomolo:

yes MEND is a terrorist group.

Everyone is a terrorist group to you. Do not confuse M.E.N.D with all these other bandit groups running around in Niger Delta using the Ijaw cause as an excuse for profiteering. To us, M.E.N.D are heores. 

Yes, I know Kurds are not musli m. It was a rhetorical question since most people associate terrorism with Islami c fundamentalism. Anyway, you are entitled to your opinion on whether you think PKK is a terrorist group or not. It doesn't really concern me - my general argument is that Yankee and Europe do not support the break up of countries anywhere except Europe. They allowed the Balkans to break up but they force us to live together - and when we want to break free, they supply arms to the forces trying to keep us together. Then they label some groups as terrorists or whatever as part of their propaganda. Why is it that they do not like instability in their lands but they seemingly promote instability in our lands by making us live together even when we don't wish to. I believe in a United Africa but first we must end the Colonial experiment of putting disparate Nations such as Hausa and Ibo in the same country together - divide and rule is still killing us.

1 Like

Re: Turkey Invades Iraq To Flush Out Kurdish Rebels by bawomolo(m): 4:27am On Feb 27, 2008
what non-millitant programs does MEND have for them not to be considered a terror group?? a group that engages in kidnappings or oil bunkering is a terrorist group.

It doesn't really concern me - my general argument is that Yankee and Europe do not support the break up of countries anywhere except Europe.

why should the west support the fragmentation of countries
Re: Turkey Invades Iraq To Flush Out Kurdish Rebels by Ibime(m): 5:13am On Feb 27, 2008
bawomolo:

what non-millitant programs does MEND have for them not to be considered a terror group?? a group that engages in kidnappings or oil bunkering is a terrorist group.

Abeg comot for here! You be coconut. Fecking miseducated neo-con! Taking our own oil is what you call oil bunkering. And who told you we don't have a political wing? We live in a militant country and you are talking of political wing? Naija politics is militancy! Abi how do all these thugs win elections? Ken Saro-Wiwa tried politics - look at what they did to him. They hung him for the sins of Ogoni Youth militant wing - although he was MOSSOP, the political wing. Even if you are part of the political wing, stupid Naija government will still treat you like a terrorist. Anyway, check out NPDVF or NPDSV. The people ARE the political wing. Thats why they hide our boys in their villages when they are carrying out their guerilla operations.

bawomolo:

why should the west support the fragmentation of countries

Yeah - just like they supported the fragmentation of the Balkans, the Velvet revolution and the new state of Kosovo - because they want Peace & Prosperity in their lands - and division in ours. The only fragmentation they do not support in Europe are the Catalonia, Galician and Andalucian states because the people there are living happily anyway and there is no real will to break off on their part. Have you finished eating your masters shit yet?

2 Likes

Re: Turkey Invades Iraq To Flush Out Kurdish Rebels by bawomolo(m): 5:12pm On Feb 27, 2008
Taking our own oil is what you call oil bunkering.

the oil belongs to the federal government and not your neighborhood MEND warlord.

And who told you we don't have a political wing?

can u list the social welfare programs and organization of your political wing?? why do u spend most money on weapons rather than support the welfare of niger delta people. was ken saro wiwa buying ak-47's

Thats why they hide our boys in their villages when they are carrying out their guerilla operations.

in other words they harbour terrorists rather than deal with the real issues affecting niger delta people. as i suspected, MEND is more concerned with oil revenue for itself rather than liberation.

Yeah - just like they supported the fragmentation of the Balkans, the Velvet revolution and the new state of Kosovo - because they want Peace & Prosperity in their lands - and division in ours. The only fragmentation they do not support in Europe are the Catalonia, Galician and Andalucian states because the people there are living happily anyway and there is no real will to break off on their part. Have you finished eating your masters shit yet?

the last time i checked spain and a few european countries have not supported kosovo yet. why do u expect european countries to intervene in the domestic affairs of SOVEREIGN countries. countries like france and portugal gave support to biafra and that went nowhere. the balkans self-destructed, western nations didn't do that. it's stupid to call for fragmentation of african countries as if that would change the mentality of african leaders.
Re: Turkey Invades Iraq To Flush Out Kurdish Rebels by Ibime(m): 3:20am On Feb 28, 2008
bawomolo:

can u list the social welfare programs and organization of your political wing?? why do u spend most money on weapons rather than support the welfare of niger delta people. was ken saro wiwa buying ak-47's

You answer your own question! Was Ken Saro-Wiwa buying AK-47's? Was Gerry Adams buying AK-47's for IRA? Was I there? How am I supposed to know? All I know is Saro-Wiwa was using political means to tell the world about the Ogoni's plight. I don't know about AK-47's. When the Nigerian soldiers came to mow down entire villages, did they face any resistance from AK-47's? What about when they wiped out the town of Odi?

Political wing supports military wing and vice-versa. They just don't affirm their co-operation to the wider world so your argument is irrelevant.

Why should I list social welfare programs? I have given you the name of our political organisation. Why don't you research it yourself? As far as I am aware, with the meagre resources we have, we are trying to enlighten the wider world to our plight. As for social programs, what is Naija government doing?

bawomolo:

in other words they harbour terrorists rather than deal with the real issues affecting niger delta people. as i suspected, MEND is more concerned with oil revenue for itself rather than liberation.

As you suspect - oh boy, don't tell us your suspicions, just state facts. Everyone in Naija Delta is oil bunkering, even civilians. Oil revenue goes to buy guns as far as MEND is concerned. I don't know what all these other groups are doing. The real issue affecting Naija Delta is that we are starving, water is polluted, disease etc - so we no longer recognise Naija so all this nonsense you are talking about us stealing from Naija does not even register in our head. Naija has been stealing from us for decades. Naija is supposed to be a federation of states, not a unitary system of government. We are only required to pay oil levy to Naija, not give them the whole money. Did Kano ever give Naija their groundnut money in the 60's? Even the money we give them sef, they don't use it to help us. Hausa man with no education always running NNPC giving jobs to his fellow uneducate Hausa man. We who own the oil can't get job. Our fishermen can't fish because water is polluted. In short, make I no talk too much - you know what it is. 

bawomolo:

the last time i checked spain and a few european countries have not supported kosovo yet. why do u expect european countries to intervene in the domestic affairs of SOVEREIGN countries. countries like france and portugal gave support to biafra and that went nowhere. the balkans self-destructed, western nations didn't do that. it's stupid to call for fragmentation of african countries as if that would change the mentality of african leaders.

Spain and a few - what of the rest? Don't Yankee and Britain and the majority of EU support it? Of course, Spain doesn't support it, they have their own internal issues.

bawomolo:

the balkans self-destructed, western nations didn't do that. it's stupid to call for fragmentation of african countries as if that would change the mentality of african leaders.

Czechoslovakia was a peaceful disentegration.

Biafra was not - and still Yankee didn't support it. What is the difference between Biafra and the Balkans? In fact the reason we have not fought over breaking Naija up is because of the example of Biafra. How different is Biafra from the Bosnian situation? It is not different at all. So your point is not valid. The fact is that Yankee must keep African man disunited.

Finally, if MEND is a terrorist organisation, where are all the foreigners we have killed? We only kill Naija soldiers and kidnap foreign oil workers so we can exchange them for money and buy more guns.

Anyway, I don tire for you. You be educated mumu. As Fela, said, you be follow-follow, except that you only follow Fox News and Neo-con propaganda. By the way, do not think I do not know where you are coming from. I wear a suit and work in finance and watch CNBC and Bloomberg everyday so don't think i am a ragtag rebel. I just choose not to lose my identity in the process - like you!

1 Like

Re: Turkey Invades Iraq To Flush Out Kurdish Rebels by Afam(m): 7:56pm On Feb 28, 2008
4 Play:

This is the problem with those who see the world through the prism of anti-Americanism.To the extent that there are victims of Turkey's policy,it is the Kurdish inhabitants of Northern Iraq first and foremost and not the US.So the sophomoric twaddle about "teaching the US well" is absurd.

This fraudster, it seems you only get to write your usual nonsense whenever you feel (no matter how wrong anyway) that the US or UK is not being praised unnecessarily.
Re: Turkey Invades Iraq To Flush Out Kurdish Rebels by Darch: 1:14pm On Jun 22, 2019
Hello, Makydebbie. Congrats on the launch of your new book. I have questions about publishing that I believe you're in the best position to answer.

How did you go about editing your work? Did you use someone's service, if yes, how much did it cost?

How much did it cost you to get your book on all those websites?

Let me pause with these two for now.
Re: Turkey Invades Iraq To Flush Out Kurdish Rebels by makydebbie(f): 2:55pm On Jun 22, 2019
Darch:
Hello, Makydebbie. Congrats on the launch of your new book. I have questions about publishing that I believe you're in the best position to answer.

How did you go about editing your work? Did you use someone's service, if yes, how much did it cost?

How much did it cost you to get your book on all those websites?

Let me pause with these two for now.

Hello dear, a friend and my creative writing lecturer helped me. But I know someone who does that for a living. Should I ask for you?

Erhm I used a friend to get across to the guy so I Paid 6k but I'm sure it normally cost more.
Re: Turkey Invades Iraq To Flush Out Kurdish Rebels by Darch: 3:10pm On Jun 22, 2019
makydebbie:

Hello dear, a friend and my creative writing lecturer helped me. But I know someone who does that for a living. Should I ask for you?

Erhm I used a friend to get across to the guy so I Paid 6k but I'm sure it normally cost more.

Thanks for your response.

Yes. Kindly ask your friend.

When you say 6k, is that in cedis or naira?
Re: Turkey Invades Iraq To Flush Out Kurdish Rebels by BlackfireX: 4:26pm On Jun 22, 2019
If Turkey invade Nigeria, walahi we will use them to do pepper soup.

Come is it Turkey as a country or meat
Re: Turkey Invades Iraq To Flush Out Kurdish Rebels by Malawian(m): 7:29pm On Jun 22, 2019
What does it profit a man if you gain the world and loose your soul?

Prevent others from having their freedom and independence, kill them if you will, cheer the ones who do it on your behalf, convince yourselves that you are doing it for your country and it is a patriotic duty.

When you get up to heaven, you alone will answer for your deeds.
Re: Turkey Invades Iraq To Flush Out Kurdish Rebels by makydebbie(f): 9:45am On Jun 23, 2019
Darch:

Okay, I'm sorry though. I just asked him. I'll give you his response as soon as he replies.

I did it with a Nigerian so I paid in naira.
Re: Turkey Invades Iraq To Flush Out Kurdish Rebels by makydebbie(f): 11:43am On Jun 23, 2019
Darch:

Hey dear,

Copy & Structural Editing: N 0.90k per word.

Proofreading: 0.70k per word.

Editing & Proofreading: N1.20k per word.
Re: Turkey Invades Iraq To Flush Out Kurdish Rebels by Darch: 1:36pm On Jun 23, 2019
makydebbie:

Hey dear,

Copy & Structural Editing: N 0.90k per word.

Proofreading: 0.70k per word.

Editing & Proofreading: N1.20k per word.

Thank you very much, Makydebbie. I do appreciate your assistance. I just needed some figures to work with in my plans.

I believe you're still very much around and if I need more assistance, which I will, you'll be my first call.

The next thing I'm curious about is your blog. I have some questions about it. Kindly send me a message via my email so that we can communicate outside this platform, if you please.
Re: Turkey Invades Iraq To Flush Out Kurdish Rebels by makydebbie(f): 9:35am On Jun 24, 2019
Darch:

Thank you very much, Makydbbie. I do appreciate your assistance. I just needed some figures to work with in my plans.

I believe you're still very much around and if I need more assistance, which I will, you'll be my first call.

The next thing I'm curious about is your blog. I have some questions about it. Kindly send me a message via my email oji@yahoo.com so that we can communicate outside this platform, if you please.

I've sent you a mail.

OH it's fine no problem. I'm always available.
Re: Turkey Invades Iraq To Flush Out Kurdish Rebels by Darch: 8:14am On Jun 25, 2019
makydebbie:

I've sent you a mail.

OH it's fine no problem. I'm always available.

Thank you.

(1) (Reply)

Yaradua Should Resign With Immediat Effect! / Efcc Re-arraigns Audu Over N5bn Scam / A Nigerian Pastor's Son Drowned At Lekki Beach, Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.