Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,223 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:42 AM

Tower Of Babel - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Tower Of Babel (2564 Views)

The Mystery Of The Tower Of Babel / Scienctific Error Of Tower Of Babel / Did The Tower Of Babel Threaten God's Heaven. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tower Of Babel by Nobody: 4:31pm On May 17, 2013
mazaje1:

This still does not negate the fact that languages evolved. . .The origin of human language is a huge problem but evolution of languages is something we witness even now, the pigin english my man plaetton alluded to evolved from the english language, same with the jamaican patua and creayol. . .Languages were formed by humans and not by any god or not during any tower of bable mythical story. . .
I understand where you are coming from, Yes Pidgin evolved from English, no doubt.. but can you tell me how over 500 languages evolved?? How did the first language evolve?? To me, since it can't be explained... I'LL GO WITH MY TOWER OF BABEL STORY... grin grin
Mazaje, I like you #NoHomo, but i actually see you becoming a Christian in the nearest future
Re: Tower Of Babel by mazaje1: 4:31pm On May 17, 2013
Emusan:
Thread closed because I said Earth is about 6000years old, yes I can defend it anywhere. Though some pastors, bishops e.t.c go with billion years but mine is God created this universe about 6000years ago.

Where in the bible was it written that the earth was created 6000 years ago, and where is the scientific evidence or method of dating that shows the earth is 6000 years old?
Re: Tower Of Babel by Emusan(m): 4:32pm On May 17, 2013
Toluwarni: @Emusan
Trust me bro i can't lose my faith in GOD...I've seen to many things to lose my faith in Him grin grin grin I'm just trying to let these dudes know how limited their thinking is cheesy Except for Mazaje.. Na only Mazaje get small sense

Good of you! Let's continue to pray for them.

Think of it we have the same facts i.e earth, fossils, moon, galaxies e.t.c but different presupposition. These facts start in the past and exist in the present with us. Then, how can we get the clear picture of the past? Then will must imploy a time machine that can record an event of the past, Chritsian do claim they have a time machine called "the word of God - Bible". Let me stop here!
Re: Tower Of Babel by mazaje1: 4:34pm On May 17, 2013
Toluwarni:
I understand where you are coming from, Yes Pidgin evolved from English, no doubt.. but can you tell me how over 500 languages evolved?? How did the first language evolve?? To me, since it can't be explained... I'LL GO WITH MY TOWER OF BABEL STORY... grin grin
Mazaje, I like you #NoHomo, but i actually see you becoming a Christian in the nearest future

I think it has been explained, humans formed and developed languages, just as the formed and develop writing and numbers. . .There are many things wrong with the tower of babel story because some languages already existed during the said period of the bable story, example is the ancient egyptian language. . .If i see evidence to suppoport the christian god i will be come one, after all i was once a christian but later changed my mind, now i can do the same as well if i see evidence. . .
Re: Tower Of Babel by Nobody: 4:41pm On May 17, 2013
mazaje1:

I think it has been explained, humans formed and developed languages, just as the formed and develop writing and numbers. . .There are many things wrong with the tower of babel story because some languages already existed during the said period of the bable story, example is the ancient egyptian language. . .If i see evidence to suppoport the christian god i will be come one, after all i was once a christian but later changed my mind, now i can do the same as well if i see evidence. . .
There was no record of Egypt whatsoever before the Tower of Babel incident.. Do some research..BTW, If i show you live Miracles, JUJU e.t.c happen in your presence, you promise to become a Christian?? you want evidence, and evidence will i show grin grin
Re: Tower Of Babel by Emusan(m): 4:42pm On May 17, 2013
mazaje1:
Where in the bible was it written that the earth was created 6000 years ago, and where is the scientific evidence or method of dating that shows the earth is 6000 years old?

You can't see it because it will be very difficult for you to put "christians spiritual glass" on, if you can take your pen and begin to add from Christ - Noah - Adam then you can see where I got my age.

You're saying scientific evidence! Do scientist have any evidence in calculating earth age or universe, rather than assumption?

They dated it with assumption of speed of light and rigidity of time which are all flaws.
Re: Tower Of Babel by mazaje1: 5:15pm On May 17, 2013
Toluwarni: There was no record of Egypt whatsoever before the Tower of Babel incident.. Do some research..BTW, If i show you live Miracles, JUJU e.t.c happen in your presence, you promise to become a Christian?? you want evidence, and evidence will i show grin grin

The pyramids alone are more than 5000 years old, longer than the tower of babel. . .Sure, if you can show me any supernatural occurance i will believe. . .
Re: Tower Of Babel by Nobody: 5:33pm On May 17, 2013
mazaje1:

The pyramids alone are more than 5000 years old, longer than the tower of babel. . .Sure, if you can show me any supernatural occurance i will believe. . .
Then I'm sure you don't mind accepting this challenge https://www.nairaland.com/1272264/billyonaire-kindly-accept-supernatural-challenge grin
Re: Tower Of Babel by mazaje1: 5:43pm On May 17, 2013
Sure, as long as it's in a controlled environment with specific conditions. . . .
Re: Tower Of Babel by mazaje1: 6:04pm On May 17, 2013
Emusan:

You can't see it because it will be very difficult for you to put "christians spiritual glass" on, if you can take your pen and begin to add from Christ - Noah - Adam then you can see where I got my age.

You're saying scientific evidence! Do scientist have any evidence in calculating earth age or universe, rather than assumption?

They dated it with assumption of speed of light and rigidity of time which are all flaws.

Yes the do, its the same assumption they used to send men to space, send space observatories, send men to the moon and do many incredible things. . .The age of the earth has different methods of calculating it. . .And all produce about the same result. . .It is light from distant stars that is used to calculate the age of stars. . .
Re: Tower Of Babel by AtheistD(m): 6:17pm On May 17, 2013
Toluwarni: OK...The thing is even If God comes down today and reveals himself to you.. You won't believe.. Ok I just have one question, If you can answer me I'll become an atheist for LIFE... How else did Language(s) come about Or did they evolve with us to LMFAO..

smh

mazaje1:

Languages evolve. . .Hope you know that the english language we are speaking today did not exist about 5000 years ago?. . .The english language we are using to communicate today evolved from the anglo saxon language which has now died away. . .languages evolve, some live and others die out. . .The language spoken by the ancient egyptians that built the pyramids about 5000 years ago is dead. . .5000 years ago nobody spoke english because the language had not been developed yet. . .Languages like very other thing is a human invention, humans invented languages, writing and numbers, everything, even languages are still under going development as new words are formed all the time. . .Non of it has to do with any god. . .

Here...

PS. The language aspect is one side of the debates. The other side is the tower itself. If the purpose was to see God then how would it have been achieved? How can one see God? We could build a tower today with the intention to see God but it would not see God regardless of our intentions. So why would God waste time scattering them to prevent an ambition that was impossible to achieve?
Re: Tower Of Babel by Nobody: 7:25pm On May 17, 2013
mazaje1: Sure, as long as it's in a controlled environment with specific conditions. . . .
The thing is, you're gonna be there and see it happen with your own eyes.. Are you in the country presently?
Re: Tower Of Babel by Nobody: 7:27pm On May 17, 2013
Atheist:-D:

smh

Here...

PS. The language aspect is one side of the debates. The other side is the tower itself. If the purpose was to see God then how would it have been achieved? How can one see God? We could build a tower today with the intention to see God but it would not see God regardless of our intentions. So why would God waste time scattering them to prevent an ambition that was impossible to achieve?
The Bible specifically said that, that time people were close to God.. So I'm sure it was possible then.. But now God is farther from us, so with that. It can't be achieved
Re: Tower Of Babel by Emusan(m): 8:08pm On May 17, 2013
mazaje1:
Yes the do, its the same assumption they used to send men to space, send space observatories, send men to the moon and do many incredible things. . .The age of the earth has different methods of calculating it. . .And all produce about the same result. . .It is light from distant stars that is used to calculate the age of stars. . .

Yea, they do incredible works over the years which we can see but no assumption of laws.

The method introduce (radiometric dating) to calculate the age of stars, earth, fossilise materials e.t.c is full of assumption which it has been refuted by "RATE group". (Radioisotopes and the Age of The Earth). The team of scientists included:
*. Larry Vardiman , PhD Atmospheric Science
*. Russell Humphreys, PhD Physics
*. Eugene Chaffin , PhD Physics
*. John Baumgardner , PhD Geophysics
*. Donald DeYoung , PhD Physics
*. Steven Austin , PhD Geology
*. Andrew Snelling , PhD Geology
*. Steven Boyd, PhD Hebraic and Cognate Studies.

I won't give you any link but do the reseach yourself about-RATE group and radiometric.
Re: Tower Of Babel by mazaje1: 9:19pm On May 17, 2013
Emusan:

Yea, they do incredible works over the years which we can see but no assumption of laws.

The method introduce (radiometric dating) to calculate the age of stars, earth, fossilise materials e.t.c is full of assumption which it has been refuted by "RATE group". (Radioisotopes and the Age of The Earth). The team of scientists included:
*. Larry Vardiman , PhD Atmospheric Science
*. Russell Humphreys, PhD Physics
*. Eugene Chaffin , PhD Physics
*. John Baumgardner , PhD Geophysics
*. Donald DeYoung , PhD Physics
*. Steven Austin , PhD Geology
*. Andrew Snelling , PhD Geology
*. Steven Boyd, PhD Hebraic and Cognate Studies.

I won't give you any link but do the reseach yourself about-RATE group and radiometric.

Because some fringe group of scientist disagree with the dating methods means what?. . .They should show how wrong it is and win a nonle peace price, what are they waiting for?. . .The age of the earth has been accurately measured to be about 4 billion years. . .Do you have any scientific method of dating that shows the earth to be 6000 years old?. . .Hope you know that ancient egypt was robust and existing about 6000 years ago?. . .
Re: Tower Of Babel by AtheistD(m): 9:23pm On May 17, 2013
Toluwarni: T[b]he Bible specifically said that, that time people were close to God.. So I'm sure it was possible then..[/b] But now God is farther from us, so with that. It can't be achieved

How? Was God dwelling in the skies?

Have you even tried to reason on the whole thing. Compare it to the space travel and unmanned flights to the edge of the solar system. It doesnt add up. Rather than trying to make excuses for it try and see it for what it is. Even Obadiah has seen the light and now chooses his own fiery brand of Christianity where he can make stuff up and reinterpret things due to these issues grin
Re: Tower Of Babel by Emusan(m): 6:43am On May 18, 2013
mazaje1:
Because some fringe group of scientist disagree with the dating methods means what?. . .They should show how wrong it is and win a noble peace price, what are they waiting for?. . .The age of the earth has been accurately measured to be about 4 billion years. . .Do you have any scientific method of dating that shows the earth to be 6000 years old?. . .Hope you know that ancient egypt was robust and existing about 6000 years ago?. . .

Anyway, you've been carried away with your atheism. That's why I said you should do a research on the so called RATE group. Over the years evolutionist had made us to understand many thing but recently more light has been sheld on it which exposed the lies they're feeding us.
Re: Tower Of Babel by mazaje1: 4:44pm On May 18, 2013
Emusan:

Anyway, you've been carried away with your atheism. That's why I said you should do a research on the so called RATE group. Over the years evolutionist had made us to understand many thing but recently more light has been sheld on it which exposed the lies they're feeding us.

I asked you a simple question, do you have any scientific method of measurements that shows that the earth is 6000 years old?. . Do you know anything about scientific methods of dating?. . .What am i to do with a fringe group of scientist?. . .If you have any objective means of measurement that shows that the earth is 6000 years old bring it forward. . .
Re: Tower Of Babel by Emusan(m): 10:38pm On May 18, 2013
mazaje1:
I asked you a simple question, do you have any scientific method of measurements that shows that the earth is 6000 years old?. . Do you know anything about scientific methods of dating?. . .What am i to do with a fringe group of scientist?. . .If you have any objective means of measurement that shows that the earth is 6000 years old bring it forward. . .

With your shallow brain you can still say "if I have any objective means of measurement that shows that the earth is 6000years old I sholud bring it"

I gave you an assignment you called fring groub. Did you know how RATE was formed?
RATE-Radioisotopes Age of The Earth, it's a group well known in U.S that make use of AMS-Accelerator Mass Spectrometer by using radioactive materials C-14, C-12 e.t.c so browse and see.
Re: Tower Of Babel by mazaje1: 9:14am On May 19, 2013
Emusan:

With your shallow brain you can still say "if I have any objective means of measurement that shows that the earth is 6000years old I sholud bring it"

I gave you an assignment you called fring groub. Did you know how RATE was formed?
RATE-Radioisotopes Age of The Earth, it's a group well known in U.S that make use of AMS-Accelerator Mass Spectrometer by using radioactive materials C-14, C-12 e.t.c so browse and see.

This is not a group of scientist but a group of fraudsters that hide under the certificates they have in their various scientific fields to promote their religion. . .They are not well know within the scientific community in the USA and their claims have been debunked many many times. . .How does AMS-Accelerator, Mass Spectrometer and using radioactive materials C-14, C-12 show that the earth is 6,000 years old?. . .Pls tell me. . .
Re: Tower Of Babel by mkmyers45(m): 9:26am On May 19, 2013
Emusan:

Radiocarbon dating is a radiometric dating method that uses (14C) to determine the age of carbonaceous materials up to about 60,000 years
old. The technique was developed by Willard Libby and his colleagues in 1949[7] during his tenure as a professor at the University of Chicago. Libby estimated that the radioactivity
of exchangeable carbon-14 would be
about 14 disintegrations per minute
(dpm) per gram of pure carbon, and this is still used as the activity of the modern radiocarbon standard.[8][9] In 1960, Libby was awarded the Nobel Prize in chemistry for this work. One of the frequent uses of the
technique is to date organic remains
from archaeological sites. Plants fix atmospheric carbon during photosynthesis, so the level of 14C in plants and animals when they die approximately equals the level of 14C in the atmosphere at that time.
However, it decreases thereafter from radioactive decay, allowing the date of death or fixation to be estimated. The initial 14C level for the calculation can either be estimated, or else directly
compared with known year-by-year data from tree-ring data
(dendrochronology) up to 10,000 years ago (using overlapping data from live and dead trees in a given area), or else from cave deposits (speleothems), back to about 45,000 years before the present. A calculation or (more accurately) a direct comparison of carbon-14 levels in a sample, with tree ring or cave-deposit carbon-14 levels of a known age, then gives the wood or animal sample age- since-formation.
Re: Tower Of Babel by mkmyers45(m): 9:28am On May 19, 2013
Emusan:

When they dated remains of dinosaurs what did they get?
Re: Tower Of Babel by mkmyers45(m): 10:15am On May 19, 2013
mazaje1:

This is not a group of scientist but a group of fraudsters that hide under the certificates they have in their various scientific fields to promote their religion. . .They are not well know within the scientific community in the USA and their claims have been debunked many many times. . .How does AMS-Accelerator, Mass Spectrometer and using radioactive materials C-14, C-12 show that the earth is 6,000 years old?. . .Pls tell me. . .
I would to see them date recent lava flows and lets see the result.
Re: Tower Of Babel by Zinosalexander(m): 10:29am On May 19, 2013
Hey atheist dont get it, do you? The stories in the bible switch from literal to figurative and figurative to literal whenever the Christain deems convenient

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Does "Juju Or Jaz" Really Work? / Christianity Vs Worldly Songs / Creation Reveals The Existence Of A Creator

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.