Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,408 members, 7,819,454 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:35 PM

The Kru People Of Liberia And Cote D'ivoire - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Kru People Of Liberia And Cote D'ivoire (119985 Views)

Interesting Facts About The Urhobo People Of Delta State / Mandinka/Malinke/Dioula people of Mali, Cote d'Ivoire, Guinea, Burkina... / Akan Of Ghana And Cote D'ivoire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Kru People Of Liberia And Cote D'ivoire by Nobody: 1:02am On Jan 03, 2013
ivorian225: thanks!! non en plus c'est le contraire, mum= clair, dad = bien noir

it's rare to see very dark skin Bhete, usually they go from dark brown to yellow
ton vieux eza un vrai bagnon grin

1 Like

Re: The Kru People Of Liberia And Cote D'ivoire by Nobody: 1:04am On Jan 03, 2013
And another thing i have notice, CIV kru are somewhat lighter than Lib kru in general, or i am wrong
Many of the light Lib i ve met were a bit americo-lib

1 Like

Re: The Kru People Of Liberia And Cote D'ivoire by Nobody: 1:08am On Jan 03, 2013
Sysy: aaah ok so this is one more proof, in addition to the language, that the Bassa of Lib and the Bhete of CIV could be one and the same people.
yes, i do some resaerche, and many people say that the bassa of Liberia and Ivorian Bhete are the same, i think it's the same like Baoulé/Ashanti
Re: The Kru People Of Liberia And Cote D'ivoire by Nobody: 1:10am On Jan 03, 2013
Sysy:

it's rare to see very dark skin Bhete, usually they go from dark brown to yellow
ton vieux eza un vrai bagnon grin
un bon bagnon de Gôzô grin

1 Like

Re: The Kru People Of Liberia And Cote D'ivoire by Nobody: 1:12am On Jan 03, 2013
ivorian225: yes, i do some resaerche, and many people say that the bassa of Liberia and Ivorian Bhete are the same, i think it's the same like Baoulé/Ashanti

umh so do u think they set up in CIV 1st, then some continued to Lib, since they were migrating East to West?
Re: The Kru People Of Liberia And Cote D'ivoire by Nobody: 1:12am On Jan 03, 2013
Sysy: And another thing i have notice, CIV kru are somewhat lighter than Lib kru in general, or i am wrong
Many of the light Lib i ve met were a bit americo-lib
aah maintenant que tu me le dis je remarque mais sinon j'avais pas fais cette observation
ivorian225: un bon bagnon de Gôzô grin

grin grin j'imagine
Re: The Kru People Of Liberia And Cote D'ivoire by Nobody: 1:14am On Jan 03, 2013
ivorian225: aah maintenant que tu me le dis je remarque mais sinon j'avais pas fais cette observation

dunno, maybe i am wrong lol

1 Like

Re: The Kru People Of Liberia And Cote D'ivoire by Nobody: 1:17am On Jan 03, 2013
some kru celebrity
1) Kenneth Zohore - Football player
2) Tatiana Rojo - Actress
3) Jonas zohore (Mix of kru and danish)
4) Leymah Gbowee - Nobel peace prize

Re: The Kru People Of Liberia And Cote D'ivoire by Nobody: 1:23am On Jan 03, 2013
jonas zohore looks like a regular fair skin bhete, is kenneth his brother?

1 Like

Re: The Kru People Of Liberia And Cote D'ivoire by Nobody: 1:25am On Jan 03, 2013
Serges Gnabry - Football Player (mix of Kru and German)

Re: The Kru People Of Liberia And Cote D'ivoire by Nobody: 1:28am On Jan 03, 2013
Sysy: jonas zohore looks like a regular fair skin bhete, is kenneth his brother?
i think so, ils se ressemble (je ferais des recherche et je te dirai ça)
Re: The Kru People Of Liberia And Cote D'ivoire by Nobody: 1:30am On Jan 03, 2013
ivorian225: i think so, ils se ressemble (je ferais des recherche et je te dirai ça)

lool non they dun look alike tongue
Re: The Kru People Of Liberia And Cote D'ivoire by Nobody: 1:36am On Jan 03, 2013
Sysy:

lool non they dun look alike tongue
nooooon regarde bien loool
Re: The Kru People Of Liberia And Cote D'ivoire by Nobody: 1:38am On Jan 03, 2013
1) Djedje Apali - Actor
2) Alain Fagnidi - Fashion Designer
3) Catrina Graham (mix of Kru and Russian)
4) Ellen johnson sirleaf

Re: The Kru People Of Liberia And Cote D'ivoire by Nobody: 1:42am On Jan 03, 2013
ivorian225: nooooon regarde bien loool

je di noooo ah

fagnidi has some amazing designs, very creative dude kiss
Re: The Kru People Of Liberia And Cote D'ivoire by Nobody: 1:47am On Jan 03, 2013
Sysy:

je di noooo ah

fagnidi has some amazing designs, very creative dude kiss
yes i've seen some of his collection, very good job!!! but no well known in Ivory Coast and Africa
Re: The Kru People Of Liberia And Cote D'ivoire by Nobody: 1:49am On Jan 03, 2013
ivorian225: yes i've seen some of his collection, very good job!!! but no well known in Ivory Coast and Africa

yea, he is based in montreal i think, he started there that's why smiley

1 Like

Re: The Kru People Of Liberia And Cote D'ivoire by Nobody: 1:50am On Jan 03, 2013
Sysy:

umh so do u think they set up in CIV 1st, then some continued to Lib, since they were migrating East to West?
yea i think the migration is to Cote d'Ivoire from Liberia, many Liberian, in their forum told me that!!!

1 Like

Re: The Kru People Of Liberia And Cote D'ivoire by Nobody: 1:53am On Jan 03, 2013
Sysy:

yea, he is based in montreal i think, he started there that's why smiley
ok, i think now he is in new york
Re: The Kru People Of Liberia And Cote D'ivoire by Nobody: 2:16am On Jan 03, 2013
ivorian225: yea i think the migration is to Cote d'Ivoire from Liberia, many Liberian, in their forum told me that!!!

yeaa this is what i thought, attend hin ch8 sur skype avec ma couz

1 Like

Re: The Kru People Of Liberia And Cote D'ivoire by Nobody: 2:17am On Jan 03, 2013
Sysy:

yeaa this is what i thought, attend hin ch8 sur skype avec ma couz
ok
Re: The Kru People Of Liberia And Cote D'ivoire by Nobody: 2:19am On Jan 03, 2013
1) Silvere Tian - Rugbyman
2) Jonathan Kale - Basket player

Re: The Kru People Of Liberia And Cote D'ivoire by Nobody: 2:30am On Jan 03, 2013

1 Like

Re: The Kru People Of Liberia And Cote D'ivoire by Nobody: 2:33am On Jan 03, 2013
ivorian225: yea i think the migration is to Cote d'Ivoire from Liberia, many Liberian, in their forum told me that!!!

so Maybe the Bete of soubre have the original Bhete/Bassa language? no? since they are supposed not to be mixed like others, i think Bassa from lib might have been somewhat influenced by the people around them.

1 Like

Re: The Kru People Of Liberia And Cote D'ivoire by Nobody: 2:34am On Jan 03, 2013
Re: The Kru People Of Liberia And Cote D'ivoire by Nobody: 2:36am On Jan 03, 2013
Sysy: That guy Jonathan Kale is very good smiley

[img]http://www.muevetebasket.es/imagenes/fichas-jug/jonathan-kale.jpg[/img]

www.nairaland.com/attachments/934469_CUsersYannickPicturesjonathan_kale_jpgcfca52b7282ca27957116253757e9790
ah ok, huuuum j'ai son phone number heiiin if you want? loool
Re: The Kru People Of Liberia And Cote D'ivoire by Nobody: 2:39am On Jan 03, 2013
Sysy:

so Maybe the Bete of soubre have the original Bhete/Bassa language? no? since they are supposed not to be mixed like others, i think Bassa from lib might have been somewhat influenced by the people around them.
yea bassa of liberia are influenced by their neighbors (Dan and Kru) it's that why the language is different, but ils comptent comme les bhete par exemple
Re: The Kru People Of Liberia And Cote D'ivoire by Nobody: 2:39am On Jan 03, 2013
A few Kru beauty queen

Miss CIV 2012 - Dida

Miss CIV 2008 - Bhete

Miss CIV 2005 - Bhete (one of the most beautiful miss civ)

1 Like

Re: The Kru People Of Liberia And Cote D'ivoire by Nobody: 2:40am On Jan 03, 2013
ivorian225: ah ok, huuuum j'ai son phone number heiiin if you want? loool

eeeh tu le connais
c'est ca on dit d'avoir les bon amis la grin

lui il est clair waa metek?
Re: The Kru People Of Liberia And Cote D'ivoire by Nobody: 2:42am On Jan 03, 2013
Sysy: A few Kru beauty queen Miss CIV 2012 - Dida http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos
I thought she was agni

1 Like

Re: The Kru People Of Liberia And Cote D'ivoire by Nobody: 2:43am On Jan 03, 2013
ivorian225: I thought she was agni

Nope Dida wink lol now i am confused, i thought she was from lakota, but i ve just seen aboisso grin
buut where did i see she was dida? undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply)

African Images-sights And Sounds! / A List Of Igbo Dialects And Where Their Speakers Are Found. / Igbo Kwenu! kwezuo Nu! Join Us If You're Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/Lady

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.