Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,221 members, 7,825,844 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 02:07 AM

Obasanjo: PDP Can Dislodge ACN In Lagos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo: PDP Can Dislodge ACN In Lagos (5041 Views)

Mimiko’s Victory, End Of ACN In South-west – Afenifere / Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos / Breaking News! Pdp Defeats Acn In Lagos Bye-election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obasanjo: PDP Can Dislodge ACN In Lagos by kennytidistar(m): 8:36am On Jan 03, 2013
Former President Olusegun Obasanjo Wednesday said the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), in Lagos State has the political willto dislodge the Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN) in the 2015 elections.

Obasanjo, however, noted that for the PDP to take over Lagos from ACN , the leaders must subjugate their egos and set aside their individual interests for the general interest ofthe party.

The former president stated this when the PDP executives in Lagos State paid him a courtesy visit at his Hilltop residence in Abeokuta, the Ogun state capital.

But ACN has accused the PDP of stoking the fire of ethnic and sectional politics by implying that President Goodluck Jonathan is being criticised by opposition parties because he (Jonathan) is from a minority tribe.

Obasanjo, who described PDP as a party in wilderness in the state, noted that leaders of the party needed to work together to build the party.

He expressed optimism that if the leaders and members are united, they could capture power from the ACN in the state.

“If only the leaders would sink their egos andregard the party’s interest as supreme and above that of individuals, then the party will come out strong and able to wrestle power from the ruling party,” he said.

Speaking on the fire incident at his residence last week, the former president said the fire would have killed him if the incident had happened in the middle of the night, describing the damage done by the fire as “enormous.”

He said the fire, which occurred inside the office of his private secretary, consumed a number of inflammable items that aided the fire, resulting in a thick smoke that found its way into his bedroom.

“The fire incident, which occurred in the office of my private secretary, resulted in thick smoke which pervaded my bedroom. If it had happened at night, I would have been a dead person now,” Obasanjo said.

The former president, who was full of praisesto God for sparing his life, as well as protecting him to be part of the living to witness the new year, stated that he had continued to receive telephone calls from within and outside Nigeria over the incident.

“I want to thank all; and all those who called me on phone both within and outside the country. Let us appreciate the mercy and kindness of God. There are many, we started last year together but no more today, we are not mocking them, but to extol God,” he said.

“In fact, that I’m able to stand erect is God’s blessing, Many of my age group cannot standwell, I am not mocking them, but I am thanking God. My hope and prayer is that thisyear 2013 will be a glorious year,” he added.

Earlier in his speech, the Chairman of the Lagos PDP, Tunji Shelle, told Obasanjo that theparty executive came to see him for three reasons.
“Our Baba, our leader and our president, we are here for three reasons: to sympathise with you over the fire incident, to celebrate New Year with you, and to get your blessingsfor the 2015 elections,” Shelle said.

The PDP leader said the party thanked God for sparing Obasanjo’s life.

However, the war of words between PDP and ACN over Jonathan’s administration raged on Wednesday. grin

source: newsonpoint
Re: Obasanjo: PDP Can Dislodge ACN In Lagos by kennytidistar(m): 8:42am On Jan 03, 2013
And the journey to takeover Lagos and Ogun begin.
Re: Obasanjo: PDP Can Dislodge ACN In Lagos by seanet01: 8:46am On Jan 03, 2013
Keep dreaming. You will dream tire.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo: PDP Can Dislodge ACN In Lagos by mankevo(m): 8:47am On Jan 03, 2013
We will be more interested in knowing when PDP will dislodge ACN in Obj's Ogun State or Yerima's(Yari's) Zamfara ANPP before dreaming of taking over sophisticated state like Lagos
Re: Obasanjo: PDP Can Dislodge ACN In Lagos by jigawatts(m): 8:53am On Jan 03, 2013
Let the OLD HAG win his darling Ogun State first ...... Isi Ewu undecided undecided
Re: Obasanjo: PDP Can Dislodge ACN In Lagos by stanogb(m): 8:54am On Jan 03, 2013
kennytidistar: Former President Olusegun Obasanjo Wednesday said the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), in Lagos State has the political willto dislodge the Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN) in the 2015 elections.

Obasanjo, however, noted that for the PDP to take over Lagos from ACN , the leaders must subjugate their egos and set aside their individual interests for the general interest ofthe party.

The former president stated this when the PDP executives in Lagos State paid him a courtesy visit at his Hilltop residence in Abeokuta, the Ogun state capital.

But ACN has accused the PDP of stoking the fire of ethnic and sectional politics by implying that President Goodluck Jonathan is being criticised by opposition parties because he (Jonathan) is from a minority tribe.

Obasanjo, who described PDP as a party in wilderness in the state, noted that leaders of the party needed to work together to build the party.

He expressed optimism that if the leaders and members are united, they could capture power from the ACN in the state.

“If only the leaders would sink their egos andregard the party’s interest as supreme and above that of individuals, then the party will come out strong and able to wrestle power from the ruling party,” he said.

Speaking on the fire incident at his residence last week, the former president said the fire would have killed him if the incident had happened in the middle of the night, describing the damage done by the fire as “enormous.”

He said the fire, which occurred inside the office of his private secretary, consumed a number of inflammable items that aided the fire, resulting in a thick smoke that found its way into his bedroom.

“The fire incident, which occurred in the office of my private secretary, resulted in thick smoke which pervaded my bedroom. If it had happened at night, I would have been a dead person now,” Obasanjo said.

The former president, who was full of praisesto God for sparing his life, as well as protecting him to be part of the living to witness the new year, stated that he had continued to receive telephone calls from within and outside Nigeria over the incident.

“I want to thank all; and all those who called me on phone both within and outside the country. Let us appreciate the mercy and kindness of God. There are many, we started last year together but no more today, we are not mocking them, but to extol God,” he said.

“In fact, that I’m able to stand erect is God’s blessing, Many of my age group cannot standwell, I am not mocking them, but I am thanking God. My hope and prayer is that thisyear 2013 will be a glorious year,” he added.

Earlier in his speech, the Chairman of the Lagos PDP, Tunji Shelle, told Obasanjo that theparty executive came to see him for three reasons.
“Our Baba, our leader and our president, we are here for three reasons: to sympathise with you over the fire incident, to celebrate New Year with you, and to get your blessingsfor the 2015 elections,” Shelle said.

However, the war of words between PDP and ACN over Jonathan’s administration raged on Wednesday. grin

If and only if that happens...
Re: Obasanjo: PDP Can Dislodge ACN In Lagos by Smartjeezy(m): 8:56am On Jan 03, 2013
Another bad market...
Papa are u on w...d?sorry thoe.
Future past tense.
PDP IS DEAD AND BURIED IN OTA!
Re: Obasanjo: PDP Can Dislodge ACN In Lagos by GARRIx7(m): 9:00am On Jan 03, 2013
“If only the leaders would sink their egos ‎​Άnd regard the party’s interest as supreme and above that of individuals, then the party will come out strong and able to wrestle power from the ruling party,” he said.

The bolded shows that PDP as a party is selfish and only interested in grabbing POWER.

The interest of the masses is the last thing on their mind. The WELFARE OF THE PEOPLE SHOULD BE THE SUPREME interest not the ego of some power-hungry thieves.

The suffering inflicted on the masses by the PDP-led FG is a testament that the Party's interest as well as that of the cronies of those within the corridors of power is what they hold as supreme.

PDP is a cancer that all well-meaning citizens must reject!!!

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo: PDP Can Dislodge ACN In Lagos by iamswizz(m): 9:02am On Jan 03, 2013
Why d fire no kill am self... SMH
Re: Obasanjo: PDP Can Dislodge ACN In Lagos by Ortis: 9:02am On Jan 03, 2013
Dis old polithiefians will never sit down n think a way forward for our runaway country...all dy do is starting up a political fight to win more state to thier party,..OBJ AM ERNESTLY WAITING 4 UR DEATH...anoda ban 4rm SEUN is on the way
Re: Obasanjo: PDP Can Dislodge ACN In Lagos by Willy7(m): 9:03am On Jan 03, 2013
Anything is possible in politics.In the case of Nigeria,if u can rig better and win d peoples sentiment,victory is assured.All PDP needs is to cash in on d recent okada ban and some petty sentiments of d populace and also spread d money better,who knows?Lagos might be theirs for grabs.But im skeptical a bit because Fashola has cemented some notable achievements that will give ACN a greater advantage in the state.
Re: Obasanjo: PDP Can Dislodge ACN In Lagos by abrat: 9:07am On Jan 03, 2013
Oh God of creation! direct our noble cause.
Re: Obasanjo: PDP Can Dislodge ACN In Lagos by Toks2008(m): 9:07am On Jan 03, 2013
As far as im concerned, Fashola has seeded out Lagos to PDP come 2015 with his sadistic overzealous attitude.
Re: Obasanjo: PDP Can Dislodge ACN In Lagos by Nobody: 9:08am On Jan 03, 2013
When obj waz in power the only thing he waz known to have done is to sell off nitel and bring in gsm...what a dull and corrupt man...karma will catch this man
Re: Obasanjo: PDP Can Dislodge ACN In Lagos by GARRIx7(m): 9:10am On Jan 03, 2013
his post has been relocated upwards... cool
^(x6)
Re: Obasanjo: PDP Can Dislodge ACN In Lagos by abrat: 9:16am On Jan 03, 2013
Some pple believe it can never happen, I know it will take them by suprise. Most of them will have a burst artery.
Re: Obasanjo: PDP Can Dislodge ACN In Lagos by Sijo01(f): 9:16am On Jan 03, 2013
E don tey person dey hear pdp will dislodge ACN in lagos state..... Nor b news again!
Re: Obasanjo: PDP Can Dislodge ACN In Lagos by majortele(m): 9:17am On Jan 03, 2013
Mayb yes
Re: Obasanjo: PDP Can Dislodge ACN In Lagos by Jekole(m): 9:26am On Jan 03, 2013
@stan-ogbo, must u quote all d 'verses' before commenting with four sentences. Some people sha
Re: Obasanjo: PDP Can Dislodge ACN In Lagos by seanet01: 9:30am On Jan 03, 2013
Sijo01: E don tey person dey hear pdp will dislodge ACN in lagos state..... Nor b news again!
Na so o. They can keep dreaming till death stiff out life from their throat. Chei
Re: Obasanjo: PDP Can Dislodge ACN In Lagos by Lamasta(m): 9:38am On Jan 03, 2013
Let the game begin
Re: Obasanjo: PDP Can Dislodge ACN In Lagos by juman(m): 9:42am On Jan 03, 2013
iamswizz: Why d fire no kill am self... SMH

grin grin
Re: Obasanjo: PDP Can Dislodge ACN In Lagos by fapcrook(m): 9:43am On Jan 03, 2013
stan-ogb:

If and only if that happens...
Na wa ooo, so u must quote everything b4 commenting with one line, oga oooo
Re: Obasanjo: PDP Can Dislodge ACN In Lagos by peruso: 10:05am On Jan 03, 2013
Rubbish news!!
Re: Obasanjo: PDP Can Dislodge ACN In Lagos by bdolusegun: 11:00am On Jan 03, 2013
It is handsomely possible. We Lagosians are tired of all these useless laws that brings no food to our table. Its a matter of personality not PDP as a party.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo: PDP Can Dislodge ACN In Lagos by slimfit1(m): 11:27am On Jan 03, 2013
GARRI (x7):

The bolded shows that PDP as a party is selfish and only interested in grabbing POWER.

The interest of the masses is the last thing on their mind. The WELFARE OF THE PEOPLE SHOULD BE THE SUPREME interest not the ego of some power-hungry thieves.

The suffering inflicted on the masses by the PDP-led FG is a testament that the Party's interest as well as that of the cronies of those within the corridors of power is what they hold as supreme.

PDP is a cancer that all well-meaning citizens must reject!!!

You know you are not a bastard, I was expecting hear something about the masses not one m word did he mention through out. Which tells a lot about Pdp. They know they all have one motive to come loot and use the masses as a sacrifice to there gods.
A good leader would have focus on the people before the party. They keep thinking the west are like the north where you and east where you don't perform yet get to the top position, these people don't learn and don't want to learn and acn is taking advantage of there stupidity I just hope pdp will never see power again in the west. LP is more of a treat than PDP.
Re: Obasanjo: PDP Can Dislodge ACN In Lagos by egbusonebiki(m): 11:29am On Jan 03, 2013
Obj must be a crazy mediocre has he 4gotten so soon that while he was in office dare was no meanful development 4 him, during d previous election u spent 3 days in lagos an lost, my advice 4 u is to move to lagos 2moro ahead of 2015 and u and ur party will be bulled out of lagos with d next landslide victory of acn in d next general eletion
embarassed
[color=#000099][/color]
Re: Obasanjo: PDP Can Dislodge ACN In Lagos by redcliff: 12:32pm On Jan 03, 2013
kennytidistar: Former President Olusegun Obasanjo Wednesday said the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), in Lagos State has the political willto dislodge the Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN) in the 2015 elections.

And the general interst of the party is to Milk the national treasury dry.
Re: Obasanjo: PDP Can Dislodge ACN In Lagos by agitator: 12:44pm On Jan 03, 2013

Ok embarassed embarassed
Re: Obasanjo: PDP Can Dislodge ACN In Lagos by juman(m): 12:58pm On Jan 03, 2013
Well never say never.

PDP should try it.
Re: Obasanjo: PDP Can Dislodge ACN In Lagos by Sijo01(f): 2:18pm On Jan 03, 2013
seanet01: Na so o. They can keep dreaming till death stiff out life from their throat. Chei

Lol!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Supporters Of APC On Nairaland Are My Friends But I Dont Support Hypocrisy / #PMBAtWork: 2nd Niger Bridge Roars To Life( Pictures) / EFCC Boss Has Just Dropped Another Blunder

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.