Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,747 members, 7,955,849 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 04:57 PM

Count Me Out Of Anambra Guber Race –dora Akunyili - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Count Me Out Of Anambra Guber Race –dora Akunyili (451 Views)

Count Me Out Of Arms Deal Scandal — Saraki / Delta State Guber Race: Who Is Your Choice Among The Three Top Contenders / 20 Ministers Listed In 2015 Guber Race (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Count Me Out Of Anambra Guber Race –dora Akunyili by expertman(m): 11:36am On Jan 03, 2013
Former Minister of Information, Professor Dora Akunyili, has denied rumours making the round that her eyes are fixed on the governorship of Anambra State. In an interview with newsmen at Governor’s Lodge, Amawbia, Akunyili described the rumour as “unnecessary distraction”.

Still fixing her mind on the Anambra Central Senatorial District seat, Akunyili said: “Why should I run for the governorship seat of Anambra State?

“Must I run in every election, I de craze? Senate (election) is just two years ahead and when it comes I will run and engage myself in that election and ensure that I guard my votes and not just that I run in that election”.

She said she never employed anybody to campaign for her or project her for any election as she is waiting for the right time to engage in political activities.

Akunyili pleaded with those spreading the rumour to allow Anambra enjoy the peace that Governor Peter Obi, through the grace of God, has been able to bring to the state.

It would be recalled that Akunyili contested against Chris Ngige for the Senatorial seat in the last election, but lost after a re-run.

She went to the Election Petition Tribunal to secure her mandate in the election she believed she won, but was time barred by the tribunal after a long delay.

Since then, she had largely gone out of circulation, living a quiet life, but came to public view once again after the Federal Government engaged her during the settlement of flood victims last year.

Even at that, Akunyili never caught the public glare, preferring to live a private life.

Source : http://www.mothertessie.com/politics/count-anambra-guber-race-dora-akunyili/#.UOVBd7o_u-g.facebook

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Begin At Home. / Nigeria Lawmarkers Say No To Same-sex Marriage Bill / Saudi Beheads Sri Lankan Maid For Murdering Baby

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.