Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,643 members, 7,809,417 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:12 AM

Major Projects Under Construction In Nigeria (pics) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Major Projects Under Construction In Nigeria (pics) (77687 Views)

Aregbesola New Road Construction In Osogbo (pictures) / Pictures Of Ongoing Night Construction In Aba And Other Road Projects / S’south Got Lion’s Share Of PTF Projects Under Buhari - Figures Don't Lie (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Major Projects Under Construction In Nigeria (pics) by Nobody: 11:56pm On Jan 03, 2013

New Mega-Bed Hospital Project, Yenagoa

Re: Major Projects Under Construction In Nigeria (pics) by Nobody: 11:57pm On Jan 03, 2013
New Cinema Complex & Retail Park Yenagoa

Port Harcourt Garden City Sports Center

Re: Major Projects Under Construction In Nigeria (pics) by Nobody: 11:58pm On Jan 03, 2013
Port Harcourt Rainbow Town

Re: Major Projects Under Construction In Nigeria (pics) by Nobody: 11:59pm On Jan 03, 2013

Re: Major Projects Under Construction In Nigeria (pics) by igbo2011(m): 1:59am On Jan 04, 2013
This is good but Nigeria needs more local content. We need to make our own building materials for the construction. This creates thousands of jobs and makes us self-sufficient. Also all these new malls are useless unless many of the products in the mall are made in Africa. We must not continue to import everything from outside of Africa. Also the new stadiums may be useless because mostpeople cannot afford to go to a stadium. We should be investing in power. That dam is nice but we need more. Also solar and wind energy are important. Those industrial parks are good too.

2 Likes

Re: Major Projects Under Construction In Nigeria (pics) by rodeo0070(m): 5:49am On Jan 04, 2013
@ Poster. Nice collections and good work you have done creating this thread...
These are good sights to see but we need more of infrastructure development especially in the area of Power generation, supply and maintenance. Existing Dams can be upgraded or more construction of new ones. Alternative power source needs to be harnessed to its full potential.
Wind and Solar energy farms can be constructed. Its just a waste of resources having one solar engine to a street light pole, rather a Solar energy farm would be a better option.
Above all, let's just hope these projects are done without greed 'cos it might be counter-productive in the not-too-far-from-the-future. The best hands and materials should be used, free of corruption and politics, so as not to put the lives of innocent citizens at danger.
I pray we get more of these beautiful and laudable projects in this country 'cos this means creation of jobs and reduction in unemployment issues.
Front page please...

2 Likes

Re: Major Projects Under Construction In Nigeria (pics) by thelastPope(m): 8:51am On Jan 04, 2013
Great post @op! I am inspired!
Slowly for surely and steadily, we are rising.
One great thing that has happened in the last 2 years is a heightened awareness of good governance by both the public and government. We still have many people in the system who still sabotage it like those eaten people's pension funds, etc. But steadily, everyone is awakening to the need to rebuild Nigeria. One thing most critics forget is that the country have been devastated over the years and thus will take a while to rebuild. If we can cut out the politics and come together to build, then there is great hope. That is why the comments of some young ones on this forum is alarming. Criticism for governments at all levels in very welcomed but it should not be a display of bigotry and partisan politics.
@op, great stuff again and thank you! Please can you add the pics of Abuja kaduna standard gauge and Abuja city standard gauge? Enugu and MM2 airports? River niger port? Akwa Ibom new port (to be biggest in Africa) and connecting bridge (to be almost twice third mainland bridge)?

4 Likes

Re: Major Projects Under Construction In Nigeria (pics) by rodeo0070(m): 10:30am On Jan 04, 2013
@Poster. You are the man. Please post more pictures of other states, especially the upcoming cities/states.I appreciate this thread.
Front page...
Re: Major Projects Under Construction In Nigeria (pics) by Nobody: 12:16pm On Jan 04, 2013
thelastPope: Great post @op! I am inspired!
Slowly for surely and steadily, we are rising.
One great thing that has happened in the last 2 years is a heithened awareness of good governance by both the public and government. We still have many people in the system who still sabotage it like those eaten people's pension funds, etc. But steadily, everyone is awakening to the need to rebuild Nigeria. One thing most critics forget is that the country have been devastated over the years and thus will take a while to rebuild. If we can cut out the politics and come together to build, then there is great hope. That is why the comments of some young ones on this forum is alarming. Criticising for governments at all levels in very welcomed but it should not be a display of bigotry and partisan politics.
@op, great stuff again and thank you! Please can you add the pics of Abuja kaduna standard gauge and Abuja city standard gauge? Enugu and MM2 airports? River niger port? Akwa Ibom new port (to be biggest in Africa) and connecting bridge (to be almost twice third mainland bridge)?

No probs. Thanks...
Re: Major Projects Under Construction In Nigeria (pics) by Nobody: 12:26pm On Jan 04, 2013
igbo2011: Also all these new malls are useless unless many of the products in the mall are made in Africa.

I disagree. If even every single item in a mall is imported, the benefits of its establishment are still tremendous - employment generation occasioned by the actual construction, maintenance and servicing of the facility, with local contractors and service providers required for constant supplies and ancillary services, enhancement of economic activities in the area - local services like transport are boosted, etc etc. That said, and having visited these malls, many items in them are sourced and produced locally, thus providing a boost to local productivity.

4 Likes

Re: Major Projects Under Construction In Nigeria (pics) by seunfly: 1:09pm On Jan 04, 2013
Re: Major Projects Under Construction In Nigeria (pics) by anulaxad(m): 1:13pm On Jan 04, 2013
YOU MUST NOT BE SERIOUS, WHAT FACKING COUNTRY IS ON THE RISE. WHAT IS WITH ALL THE USELESS COMMOTION ABOUT.I HAVE LIVED IN BENIN(COUNTRY) FOR TWO MONTHS AND I HAVE SEEN BETTER.NO I DON'T RESIDE IN NIGERIA(I RESIDE IN LONDON) BUT THAT DOES NOT MEAN I DO NOT KNOW WHAT NIGERIA IS CAPABLE OF.IF YOU'RE DISPLAYING ALL WHAT YOU HAVE POSTED THAT THIS GOOD GOVERNANCE YOU MUST BE A FOOL,(THAT IS ONLY IF YOUR SAYING GEJ IS DOING A GOOD JOB, IF NOT I DO NOT MEAN FOR THE INSULT). ANYWAY I CAN TELL YOU MUST BE A SKYSCRAPER CITY ONE, TELL THAT BAST ARD HAKON.... I'M NOT FINISHED WITH HIM,HE THINKS HE CAN BAN ME FOR NO SPECIFIC REASON,HE WILL SEE.
Re: Major Projects Under Construction In Nigeria (pics) by anulaxad(m): 1:25pm On Jan 04, 2013
I mean just look at the insult,look at 19th,20th century locomotives(for me I will not even describe them as trains)that bast ard, Jonathan commissions.

IS THIS WHAT YOU CALL ON THE RISE.

EVEN THE ROADS IN AKWA IBOM I HAVE SEEN ARE NOT EVEN QUALITY.WHY CANT THEY REMOVE EXCESS SAND.WHY CANT THEY HAVE SPECIAL DESIGNED PAVEMENTS LIKE THE ONES THEY HAVE IN LONDON(THE UK IS THE ONLY PLACE WHERE YOU WILL FIND LIMESTONE ENGRAVED IN THE PAVEMENTS.)STREET LINES SHOPS E.G.

YOU NEED TO BE CREATIVE AND VISIONARY NOT JUST VISIONARY. DO YOU KNOW(FACT) THERE'S IS NOT EVEN ONE GOOD WORLD STAR QUALITY ROAD IN THAT COUNTRY.
lipsrsealed
Re: Major Projects Under Construction In Nigeria (pics) by 2Legit2Qui: 1:39pm On Jan 04, 2013
anulaxad: I mean just look at the insult,look at 19th,20th century locomotives(for me I will not even describe them as trains)that bast ard, Jonathan commissions.

EVEN THE ROADS IN AKWA IBOM I HAVE SEEN ARE NOT EVEN QUALITY.WHY CANT THEY REMOVE EXCESS SAND.WHY CANT THEY HAVE SPECIAL DESIGNED PAVEMENTS LIKE THE ONES THEY HAVE IN LONDON(THE UK IS THE ONLY PLACE WHERE YOU WILL FIND LIMESTONE ENGRAVED IN THE PAVEMENTS.)STREET LINES SHOPS E.G.

YOU NEED TO BE CREATIVE AND VISIONARY NOT JUST VISIONARY. DO YOU KNOW(FACT) THERE'S IS NOT EVEN ONE GOOD WORLD STAR QUALITY ROAD IN THAT COUNTRY.
lipsrsealed

Who is this paid critic. Die in your fuc,kin cold London. Bastar.d Whats special about pavements in London?

1 Like

Re: Major Projects Under Construction In Nigeria (pics) by headtoto: 1:44pm On Jan 04, 2013
anulaxad: I mean just look at the insult,look at 19th,20th century locomotives(for me I will not even describe them as trains)that bast ard, Jonathan commissions.

lipsrsealed

Britico proper. Do they shi.t in London?

1 Like

Re: Major Projects Under Construction In Nigeria (pics) by ndala(m): 1:55pm On Jan 04, 2013
Kai but all dis tin u sure say na naija be dis? grin
Re: Major Projects Under Construction In Nigeria (pics) by dabrake(m): 2:06pm On Jan 04, 2013
Threads like this gives me hope. All Nigerians need do is inculcate the right attitude.
Re: Major Projects Under Construction In Nigeria (pics) by ifihearam: 2:07pm On Jan 04, 2013
DEMDEM AND CO,
HOPE YOU ARE ALL SEEING WHAT GEJ IS DOING,PLEASE REMEMBER SLOW AND STEADY WINS THE RACE.

LONG LIVE MY ABLE PRESIDO

1 Like

Re: Major Projects Under Construction In Nigeria (pics) by Nobody: 2:08pm On Jan 04, 2013
ndala: Kai but all dis tin u sure say na naija be dis? grin

My brotha this is Naija - live and direct. You see, when folks sit in their houses and think they know everything about this country, they couldn't be more wrong. In many ways, things are moving forward - not mega fast of course - but moving all the same.
Re: Major Projects Under Construction In Nigeria (pics) by staaari: 2:09pm On Jan 04, 2013
when u look at where we are coming from.. I will say well done

but when u look at what we have and what we could have done.. I will say we are far away!

all the same.. some small baby step progress.

1 Like

Re: Major Projects Under Construction In Nigeria (pics) by Nobody: 2:09pm On Jan 04, 2013
NEXT STOP: Mentality upgrade.

We as Nigerians need to upgrade our mindset. The facilities are being created. What are you doing to take advantage of it.

You have internet, study Nigerian history, Nigerian constitution, Nigerian budgets, Nigerian culture [size=5pt](Not all these romance bull.shyte)[/size]. Educate yourself, learn to rise beyond tribalism and vote leaders that can consolidate on whatever progress has been made today.

Embrace hardwork, shun fraudsters and crooks. Start cultivating a positive mentality.

The infrastructure will come, your state of mind and ability to harness it is ENTIRELY up to you.

9 Likes

Re: Major Projects Under Construction In Nigeria (pics) by olu4life(m): 2:10pm On Jan 04, 2013
ifihearam: DEMDEM AND CO,
HOPE YOU ARE ALL SEEING WHAT GEJ IS DOING,PLEASE REMEMBER SLOW AND STEADY WINS THE RACE.

LONG LIVE MY ABLE PRESIDO
U must be daft,sorry to say. Are u telling me it Jona that is responsible for all the project in Lagos?! U better think twice. As for Lag,FG has no stake in that,cant say for other states
Re: Major Projects Under Construction In Nigeria (pics) by rodeo0070(m): 2:17pm On Jan 04, 2013
anulaxad: YOU MUST NOT BE SERIOUS, WHAT FACKING COUNTRY IS ON THE RISE. WHAT IS WITH ALL THE USELESS COMMOTION ABOUT.I HAVE LIVED IN BENIN(COUNTRY) FOR TWO MONTHS AND I HAVE SEEN BETTER.NO I DON'T RESIDE IN NIGERIA(I RESIDE IN LONDON) BUT THAT DOES NOT MEAN I DO NOT KNOW WHAT NIGERIA IS CAPABLE OF.IF YOU'RE DISPLAYING ALL WHAT YOU HAVE POSTED THAT THIS GOOD GOVERNANCE YOU MUST BE A FOOL,(THAT IS ONLY IF YOUR SAYING GEJ IS DOING A GOOD JOB, IF NOT I DO NOT MEAN FOR THE INSULT). ANYWAY I CAN TELL YOU MUST BE A SKYSCRAPER CITY ONE, TELL THAT BAST ARD HAKON.... I'M NOT FINISHED WITH HIM,HE THINKS HE CAN BAN ME FOR NO SPECIFIC REASON,HE WILL SEE.
Can't you express yourself without the use of profane words. I know you have something good to say but your expression is uncalled for.
Re: Major Projects Under Construction In Nigeria (pics) by lavivifubs: 2:18pm On Jan 04, 2013
Good pictures. If the arhcitectural designs are followed to the latter, we can say relatively that our taxes paid are being utilized here in Nigeria rather than being in private accounts of our politicians. We however need good networks of railroads with functional and secured trains so that I can go to Uyo to watch football matches and back to Lagos the same day after the matches.
HOPE SOME OF THESE PROJECTS WILL NOT BE WHITE ELEPHANT PROJECTS BY THE TIME THERE IS REGIME CHANGE?
Re: Major Projects Under Construction In Nigeria (pics) by rodeo0070(m): 2:27pm On Jan 04, 2013
ROSSIKE:

My brotha this is Naija - live and direct. You see, when folks sit in their houses and think they know everything about this country, they couldn't be more wrong. In many ways, things are moving forward - not mega fast of course - but moving all the same.
Oga Rossike, Well done! But I go fight u o! Why u no post more pix?
There is hope for this country. Even in the midst of Scandals,Boko Haram bombardment, natural disasters (flood), corruption, man-made accidents etc, I'm impressed that things like these are happening...
Re: Major Projects Under Construction In Nigeria (pics) by Nobody: 2:30pm On Jan 04, 2013
rodeo0070:
Oga Rossike, Well done! But I go fight u o! Why u no post more pix?
There is hope for this country. Even in the midst of Scandals,Boko Haram bombardment, natural disasters (flood), corruption, man-made accidents etc, I'm impressed that things like these are happening...

I dey come na..

2 Likes

Re: Major Projects Under Construction In Nigeria (pics) by dabossman(m): 2:31pm On Jan 04, 2013
I will commend everyone involved at both state and federal government, as well as public and private sector levels for these projects. Howver, they should also look into the basics. Power generation is most important has it will reduce the cost of doing business greatly. I know because I know how much we expend on diesel in my organization, not to talk of small and medium scale businesses. Also, where are the manufacturing industries? We need them badly. It's sad that our universities graduate students from various courses every year and they can't find industries to work in. They all have to struggle for the same jobs in the same sectors; banking, oil and gas, and telecoms. A biochemist, microbiologist, nutritionist, chemical engineer and so on shouldn't have to always end up in these sectors.

All the same this is commendable.

1 Like

Re: Major Projects Under Construction In Nigeria (pics) by Nobody: 2:36pm On Jan 04, 2013
Lmao, na wen b balloon d or, he b like say na tores go win am o
Re: Major Projects Under Construction In Nigeria (pics) by donsteady(m): 2:36pm On Jan 04, 2013
housa man will say danbroa shaige dan banza, nigeria is moving forward.
Re: Major Projects Under Construction In Nigeria (pics) by NoContract(m): 2:52pm On Jan 04, 2013
[size=18pt]We shall see... (Optimistic)

In the meantime, light no dey our area. Na 50 Naira I take go charge my phone take browse Nairaland.

and lest I forget, How does these edifices affect the life of the common Lacasera or Gala seller on the pot-holled streets of Nigeria. Shey na after all the days sweat he go carry his money go watch movies for cinema (with dirt), or he go go do shopping for mall or he go airport go fly?

Wealth circulating within the wealthy.

Nigerians really know how to flenjo (the rich ones, tho') and decieve the others. ITS INBORN.

This is a far cry from what the average Nigerian (89% of the populace) wants!!!
[/size]

5 Likes

Re: Major Projects Under Construction In Nigeria (pics) by Nobody: 2:53pm On Jan 04, 2013
Oga OP indeed you have done well no doubt about that, in educating everyone especially nairalanders about developmental efforts being made in the infrastructural sector. if one does`nt leave his or her comfort zone they wont know what is happening out there! please keep them coming, we want to see more of these

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

When Abuja Policemen See A Senator That Just Collected #WardrobeAllowance(Pic) / 5G: Dino Melaye Says They Are Threatening Him / EndSARS Protesters Raise Funds To Buy A Protester Prosthetic Leg (photo).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.