Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,408 members, 7,815,899 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:32 PM

Major Projects Under Construction In Nigeria (pics) - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Major Projects Under Construction In Nigeria (pics) (77710 Views)

Aregbesola New Road Construction In Osogbo (pictures) / Pictures Of Ongoing Night Construction In Aba And Other Road Projects / S’south Got Lion’s Share Of PTF Projects Under Buhari - Figures Don't Lie (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Major Projects Under Construction In Nigeria (pics) by ikeyman00(m): 7:29pm On Jan 04, 2013
@@@

Building is one thing, management is another. I don't see the direct impact of most of these projects on our economy

u should be telling the Chinese that as they have a lot of ghost town in their cities and shopping mall

when the next governor comes in then he may have to focus on human development massively i think
Re: Major Projects Under Construction In Nigeria (pics) by anulaxad(m): 8:34pm On Jan 04, 2013
thelastPope:
Ignore the idiota. He is probably frustrated in the UK eating potato pie in Peckam! grin
WRONG! I LIVE IN WEST KENSINGTON ACTUALLY, I'M NOT AN IMMIGRANT MATE. THIS IS THE SAME GUY THAT I THOUGHT WAS SERIOUS, WHEN THE OTHER DAY I WAS READING YOUR POSTS ABOUT LAGOS.I CAN SEE YOU A USELESS FOLLOWER.I MEAN FOR A COUNTRY LIKE NIGERIA ANYONE WHO IS NOT HEARTLESS CAN SEE THAT NIGERIA CAN DO BETTER THAN ALL THIS SH IT. AND LET ME TELL YOU SOMETHING,IS THE DEVELOPMENT YOU SEE ON THIS THREAD EVEN REACHING YOU OR YOUR NEIGHBOURHOOD. lipsrsealed ANSWER ME
Re: Major Projects Under Construction In Nigeria (pics) by kennytidistar(m): 8:55pm On Jan 04, 2013
Nigeria go better!
Re: Major Projects Under Construction In Nigeria (pics) by Venchy: 8:59pm On Jan 04, 2013
Umm it's all looking good but this is not the reality of life in My Dear Country Nigeria.

All this in my opinion is the wrong step, People need food and Jobs as well as electricity to carry out their businesses.

Badagry express way is been stuck at Festac gate for the past 2yrs and life on that road is like a War for ordinary people.

I hate this propaganda.
Re: Major Projects Under Construction In Nigeria (pics) by anulaxad(m): 9:04pm On Jan 04, 2013
2Legit2Qui:

Who is this paid critic. Die in your fuc,kin cold London. Bastar.d Whats special about pavements in London?

IT IS THE FATHER YOU DO NOT KNOW,WHO IS THE BAST ARD. TELL ME HOW IS THE CONDITION OF YOUR ROAD OUTSIDE YOUR HOUSE(LET ME GUESS SANDY AND NOT TARRED).
PAID CRITIC IT'S WHAT I THOUGHT ABOUT YOU WHEN I SAW YOUR WORTHLESS COMMENT.I MEAN I CANNOT BLAME YOU, IT IS BECAUSE YOUR NOT SUFFERING AND BEING PAID TO SPAM THE INTERNET OF YOUR PDP LINKED COMMENTS.I MEAN I REALLY CARE FOR THE PITIFUL(SUFFERING) NIGERIANS OUT THERE, YOU THINK THE FIRST COMMENT I WROTE WAS JUST OUT OF IGNORANCE OR SOMETHING.IF YOU HAD ANY DECENCY YOU WILL GO AND APOLOGIZE TO YOUR FELLOW NIGERIANS,FOR YOUR USELESS COMMENT.
YOU ARE SO EVIL AND BLEAK HEARTED,THE PAID CRITIC WHO YOU CLAIM(ME)IS ANTI CORRUPT. wink sad
Re: Major Projects Under Construction In Nigeria (pics) by 2Legit2Qui: 9:07pm On Jan 04, 2013
anulaxad:

IT IS THE FATHER YOU DO NOT KNOW,WHO IS THE BAST ARD. TELL ME HOW IS THE CONDITION OR YOUR ROAD OUTSIDE YOUR HOUSE(LET ME GUESS SANDY AND NOT TARRED).
PAID CRITIC IT'S WHAT I THOUGHT ABOUT YOU WHEN I SAW YOUR WORTHLESS COMMENT.I MEAN I CANNOT BLAME YOU, IT IS BECAUSE YOUR NOT SUFFERING AND BEING PAID TO SPAM THE INTERNET OF YOUR PDP LINKED COMMENTS.I MEAN I REALLY CARE FOR THE PITIFUL(SUFFERING) NIGERIANS OUT THERE, YOU THINK THE FIRST COMMENT I WROTE WAS JUST OUT OF IGNORANCE OR SOMETHING.IF YOU HAD ANY DECENCY YOU WILL GO AND APOLOGIZE TO YOUR FELLOW NIGERIANS,FOR YOUR USELESS COMMENT.
YOU ARE SO EVIL AND BLEAK HEARTED,THE PAID CRITIC WHO YOU CLAIM(ME)IS ANTI CORRUPT. wink sad

LOL.Does this deserve any reply/comment?
Re: Major Projects Under Construction In Nigeria (pics) by 2Legit2Qui: 9:08pm On Jan 04, 2013
Venchy: Umm it's all looking good but this is not the reality of life in My Dear Country Nigeria.

All this in my opinion is the wrong step, People need food and Jobs as well as electricity to carry out their businesses.

Badagry express way is been stuck at Festac gate for the past 2yrs and life on that road is like a War for ordinary people.

I hate this propaganda.

Propaganda means these projects dont really exist or what?
Re: Major Projects Under Construction In Nigeria (pics) by mensdept: 9:12pm On Jan 04, 2013
Many of these projects are very promising. Yet, most of these pictures are just taken from the Nigeria section of skyscrapercity.com. If you guys go there and see what other countries with less ability have been doing all along, from soccer stadiums, to airports, to roads, you would probably want to kidnap and beat the hell out of the lazy governors (Gbenga Daniel and Theo Orji) past and present, senators that havent done anything, and all those fake azz pastors that instead of calling for revolution adn resignation of these failed leaders are deceiving masses into believing they are "Men of God". How are you and what makes you a "Pastor".

So kudos to AKwa Ibom for showing the other foolish Eastern states that you can develop, kudos to Fashola for showing the lazy Western states that you can develop, and kudos to Edo state for showing what democracy is all about.

BTW, Anambra proposed and underconstruction projects still are 1995 like. Dayum
Re: Major Projects Under Construction In Nigeria (pics) by anulaxad(m): 9:24pm On Jan 04, 2013
2Legit2Qui:

WHAT I HAVE I DONE TO DESERVE SUCH INSULT IN THE BEGINNING,YES PLEASE ANSWER sad
Re: Major Projects Under Construction In Nigeria (pics) by Venchy: 9:34pm On Jan 04, 2013
2Legit2Qui:

Propaganda means these projects dont really exist or what?

I meant someone is flogging what's not doing an average Nigeria any good.
Re: Major Projects Under Construction In Nigeria (pics) by Sagamite(m): 9:43pm On Jan 04, 2013
ROSSIKE:
World Trade Center, Abuja

World Trade Center Abuja will be an iconic symbol of Nigeria’s economic strength in world commerce. Innovative architecture and exquisite construction standards will quickly make it one of the most recognizable landmark sites among the nearly 300 World Trade Centers in over 100 countries.

A gleaming 23-story AAA corporate office tower with three levels of underground parking will anchor phase one. The tower will include a prestigious list of prominent tenants in Nigeria as well regional headquarters for leading international corporations.

Fucktards running the country!

I thought Abuja was created to merely be seat of government? So why are they building top office complexes there? So they can turn it into another Lagos?

Incompetent cretins without vision, remaking the error they claim to be correcting.
Re: Major Projects Under Construction In Nigeria (pics) by 2Legit2Qui: 9:45pm On Jan 04, 2013
Sagamite:

Fucktards running the country!

I thought Abuja was created to merely be seat of government? So why are they building top office complexes there? So they can turn it into another Lagos?

Incompetent cretins without vision, remaking the error they claim to be correcting.

So private people like Churchgate shouldnt build, abi dem tell u say na government dey build am?

Beside, a seat of government should not have office complexes?
Re: Major Projects Under Construction In Nigeria (pics) by Sagamite(m): 9:49pm On Jan 04, 2013
2Legit2Qui:

So private people like Churchgate shouldnt build, abi dem tell u say na government dey build am?

Beside, a seat of government should not have office complexes?

Oh, it is being built by the private sector? ...................More bearable.

That said, the city master-plan should not be accommodating such extensively. If you want to build landmark commercial complexes to attract businesses, go to other cities.

Abuja is a designated seat of government and the best should be done to keep it strictly that way, not turn it to another Lagos.
Re: Major Projects Under Construction In Nigeria (pics) by ibibiogrl: 10:07pm On Jan 04, 2013
Paentera: Rossike....can you kindly create a facebook fan page or better still, a website to chronicle these activities and categorise them by state and whether they are public or private. Going back and forth here with the pictures can be a bore and Facebook does have the facility to host as many images as you wish. I would be glad to invite many of my friends to like the fan page. You can also create a twitter handle to inform followers of updated images e.t.c.

Once you have created this, kindly put up the link on the first post so those clicking on the page can join the fan page.
Like Nairaland on facebook, so u can share links of topics like this with your friends. I Just re-shared this link on my facebook page. U can also copy this link and post it on your page.
Re: Major Projects Under Construction In Nigeria (pics) by Venchy: 10:13pm On Jan 04, 2013
Abandon project as usual.....jokers.
Re: Major Projects Under Construction In Nigeria (pics) by GeneralJ(m): 10:25pm On Jan 04, 2013
Venchy: Abandon project as usual.....jokers.
you're so ignorant your statement makes no sense, which of the PROJECTS are abandoned such stupidity of the highest order
Re: Major Projects Under Construction In Nigeria (pics) by dozymars(m): 10:51pm On Jan 04, 2013
Good work by the poster, nice to know something is happening afterall. But I want to use this opportunity to draw the attention of the government to the road that leads to our neighbouring country, Benin republic. This is the badagry express road which is in a very bad state. It's shameful to see smaller countries having good roads between their borders while ours is in a very very bad state.

The road between Benin republic and the next border to Togo is excellent, the road between Togo border and Ghana is also in a very good state. When you get into Nigeria after its border you will feel nothing but shame for the so called big brother of Africa.

Please they should do something about this.
Re: Major Projects Under Construction In Nigeria (pics) by Venchy: 10:56pm On Jan 04, 2013
Huge structures in a country without a power plant is weird weird weird.

Nigeria Leaders are all failures.
Re: Major Projects Under Construction In Nigeria (pics) by Venchy: 11:02pm On Jan 04, 2013
GeneralJ:
you're so ignorant your statement makes no sense, which of the PROJECTS are abandoned such stupidity of the highest order

Thank you spokes man.... it shows in your approach that you are part of the failures with your arrogant comment.

Very very opinionated, that's why we are where we are today because of your arrogance and not been able to view things or sharing other people's opinion.
Re: Major Projects Under Construction In Nigeria (pics) by Nobody: 11:20pm On Jan 04, 2013
Venchy: Huge structures in a country without a power plant is weird weird weird.

This comment shows you have pitifully sparse knowledge about Nigeria. You obviously live abroad to think the country hasn't got a power plant.

Here: Educate yourself with a list of power plants in Nigeria - all 25 of them, some operational, some partly operational, some under construction:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_power_stations_in_Nigeria
Re: Major Projects Under Construction In Nigeria (pics) by Nobody: 11:27pm On Jan 04, 2013
Venchy: Abandon project as usual.....jokers.

Another ignorant remark. If one posts architectural renders plus actual construction work ongoing on sites like I've done, and you still say the projects are abandoned, then it may be an IQ or mental health issue you have, for which I can't help.
Re: Major Projects Under Construction In Nigeria (pics) by Nobody: 11:37pm On Jan 04, 2013
anulaxad: WRONG! I LIVE IN WEST KENSINGTON ACTUALLY, I'M NOT AN IMMIGRANT MATE. THIS IS THE SAME GUY THAT I THOUGHT WAS SERIOUS, WHEN THE OTHER DAY I WAS READING YOUR POSTS ABOUT LAGOS.I CAN SEE YOU A USELESS FOLLOWER.I MEAN FOR A COUNTRY LIKE NIGERIA ANYONE WHO IS NOT HEARTLESS CAN SEE THAT NIGERIA CAN DO BETTER THAN ALL THIS SH IT. AND LET ME TELL YOU SOMETHING,IS THE DEVELOPMENT YOU SEE ON THIS THREAD EVEN REACHING YOU OR YOUR NEIGHBOURHOOD. lipsrsealed ANSWER ME

plz Bro stay in ur UK and leave our Naija alone, THANK YOU!

1 Like

Re: Major Projects Under Construction In Nigeria (pics) by Nobody: 11:40pm On Jan 04, 2013
2Legit2Qui:

...except if you hv enof time for him, i'd rather go thru all d pictures again. plz don't mind the guy joor
Re: Major Projects Under Construction In Nigeria (pics) by Nobody: 11:44pm On Jan 04, 2013
Sagamite:

Oh, it is being built by the private sector? ...................More bearable.

That said, the city master-plan should not be accommodating such extensively. If you want to build landmark commercial complexes to attract businesses, go to other cities.

Abuja is a designated seat of government and the best should be done to keep it strictly that way, not turn it to another Lagos.
why are you talking like a child na?
do you know where in Abuja exactly the project would be situated?
Re: Major Projects Under Construction In Nigeria (pics) by Nobody: 11:47pm On Jan 04, 2013
dozymars: Good work by the poster, nice to know something is happening afterall. But I want to use this opportunity to draw the attention of the government to the road that leads to our neighbouring country, Benin republic. This is the badagry express road which is in a very bad state. It's shameful to see smaller countries having good roads between their borders while ours is in a very very bad state.

The road between Benin republic and the next border to Togo is excellent, the road between Togo border and Ghana is also in a very good state. When you get into Nigeria after its border you will feel nothing but shame for the so called big brother of Africa.

Please they should do something about this.

Don't worry Bro, Fash is on it. Very soon you'll cry no more. Now that's a PROMISE!

1 Like

Re: Major Projects Under Construction In Nigeria (pics) by Sagamite(m): 12:05am On Jan 05, 2013
Gabbysky:
why are you talking like a child na?
do you know where in Abuja exactly the project would be situated?

Where?
Re: Major Projects Under Construction In Nigeria (pics) by topazjosh(m): 12:08am On Jan 05, 2013
Okija_juju:

These is nothing to report in any of these states... All their state allocation has been spent on Owambe party, bribing NURTW and Aso-ebi..
you think so at mr okija juju or you are just tryin to make ursef happy,well google techville ''technology village'ondo,that's a green modern city,you can also google medville'medical tourism village' and dome centre ,okftz,ore mega parks,omotosho power plant all in ondo state.
Re: Major Projects Under Construction In Nigeria (pics) by jaybim: 12:19am On Jan 05, 2013
ROSSIKE: Kano ICT Park

Jos Township Stadium Renovation

wow dis uncompleted thing brings back memories... Spent some months in J.town in 2005... Had dis chic hu used to take me "der"
Re: Major Projects Under Construction In Nigeria (pics) by dozymars(m): 12:41am On Jan 05, 2013
Gabbysky:

Don't worry Bro, Fash is on it. Very soon you'll cry no more. Now that's a PROMISE!

Gabbysky, I am not sure fash is on it. Currently the badagry road project have been abandoned, I think it's only the railway project that is on going but slow.

To the best of my knowledge the proposed 10 lanes along the same badagry express all the way from iganmu bridge to the seme border have been abandoned for many months now except for the railway lane that is ongoing.

If Mr fash doesn't finish it in his tenure then I wonder what will become of that road. Presently the road is worse than its former state before commencement of the project.
Re: Major Projects Under Construction In Nigeria (pics) by dozymars(m): 1:00am On Jan 05, 2013
Rossike, yes the railway project is in progress but the proposed 10 lanes along this way that started along side the railway project have been abandoned for months now. Pls let's know when the road construction will commence.

Re: Major Projects Under Construction In Nigeria (pics) by Venchy: 1:04am On Jan 05, 2013
ROSSIKE:

This comment shows you have pitifully sparse knowledge about Nigeria. You obviously live abroad to think the country hasn't got a power plant.

Here: Educate yourself with a list of power plants in Nigeria - all 25 of them, some operational, some partly operational, some under construction:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_power_stations_in_Nigeria

Opinionated Spokes person....I hope you've got your own "I PASS MY NEIGHBOUR" to light up all this structures your posting for people..... Sickening, asking if i live abroad, of course i live in Nigeria but i'm well aware of how Abroad run things and not building structures to be powered by GENERATORS.....wake up an stop been like Ruben Abati, PEOPLE DECEIVING PEOPLE. No be today my guy, e don tay wey yansh dey for back.
Re: Major Projects Under Construction In Nigeria (pics) by murtalaa(m): 1:23am On Jan 05, 2013
This is nice but there's the possibility that these structures would be powered by generators which will make the whole efforts come to naught.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

General Ironsi And Lt Colonel Fajuyi The Day Before They Were Killed (Photo) / EndSARS Protesters Raise Funds To Buy A Protester Prosthetic Leg (photo). / Attempt To Declare Saraki Acting President Fails At Senate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.