Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,707 members, 7,816,906 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:50 PM

Being The Only Male Or Female Child: How Does It Feel Like? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Being The Only Male Or Female Child: How Does It Feel Like? (8352 Views)

5 Masculine Chores I Did As A Female Child. / Higher Education And The Female Child / As A Man, Is It Proper To Know The Virginity Status Of Your 18+ Female Child. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Being The Only Male Or Female Child: How Does It Feel Like? by lakpox(m): 8:12pm On Jan 04, 2013
Im the only Male child out of 6.everybody looks up to me.anytin concerning the home like repairs,they must wait till i cum befor it gets done.my sister cant even pick up a fowl.but it's cool anyway.
Re: Being The Only Male Or Female Child: How Does It Feel Like? by Input(m): 8:12pm On Jan 04, 2013
Not to mention when it comes to doing the hard part of the work,they will all point to you as if boys have supernatural powers
Re: Being The Only Male Or Female Child: How Does It Feel Like? by Biim: 8:41pm On Jan 04, 2013
It's boring and the loneliness na die, Most times you get to consider the feelings of the other members of your family before making certain decisions for example a man who is the only son in his family will have to think and re-think on wanting to be a catholic priest. Your parents will want you to marry from your community or state. Its kinda fun having all the attention to your self.
Re: Being The Only Male Or Female Child: How Does It Feel Like? by Chamber10(m): 9:11pm On Jan 04, 2013
O boy, not easy o. Only son among 8 sisters. Not too close to my parents to avoid over pampering, don't like that. Have to ask friends questions on guys issues, thank God I have good friends. Have to face pressure to marry early, though not married yet with restrictions to marry from my town. No brother to share with when we are all home during festive periods. I pray I have more boys than girls when I marry
Re: Being The Only Male Or Female Child: How Does It Feel Like? by Shaw007(m): 9:36pm On Jan 04, 2013
I cant even start On how terribLe it is!!!

1st,foremost and most importantLy,its frieggIng annoying!!!!
No one sees things from the maLe perspective,i'm always wrong and ders no big bro 2 back me Up

Not 2 mention,clothes!! Sistas share cLothes sometimes and it just hurts i cant do the same

No one to fight with!!
No one to rasie arguments about soccer and politics with
No one to pLan mischievious acts and get in troubLe with
No one 2 pLay video games with
No one to share the story of the New girL across with

its just horribLe,horribLe!!
One of the reasons i hate going back Home after breaks

but LOok at the bright side(and a very tiny one it is) I'v always been different!! And i Like different,
mum always says "u'v always been different from the womb"

I Like.......

BuT its stiLL horribLe!!!

And did mention i was the Last born??(yeah,even worse)
Re: Being The Only Male Or Female Child: How Does It Feel Like? by thesamuel(m): 9:49pm On Jan 04, 2013
it should be boring but i've got money to make it all work out wink
Re: Being The Only Male Or Female Child: How Does It Feel Like? by chocopearl(f): 9:59pm On Jan 04, 2013
lakefist: its boredomness especially wen ure d only male child
BOREDOMNESS!! Now dat got me crackin my ribs
Re: Being The Only Male Or Female Child: How Does It Feel Like? by Zemhen1: 10:28pm On Jan 04, 2013
kaze4blues: Hi nairalanders, this just got me cracking ma ribs.
Although we re two guys out of a family of five, d distance between me and my younger brother makes me feel bad and ultimately wonder how life wiol be like being the only male or female child in your family.

To me, the loneliness really sucks...u know now, having to deal with personal issues on your own.

Let people in the same condition share their views.

Contributions please...

Well, we are two guys and three chick5, my elder brother is the second child while am the last and my elder brother never met the required basic expectation so being frank my parents are super strict on me........it's like they've given up on him.........I don't go out......am suppose to think, talk behave like a man even from an early tender age.........i will say it works both ways, there are advantages and disadvantages
Re: Being The Only Male Or Female Child: How Does It Feel Like? by donigspain(m): 11:11pm On Jan 04, 2013
The feeling of being an only male child is indescribable!
You can't understand it if you ain't one. It ranges from the killing load of responsibilities (Dos & Don'ts), the suffocating chains of expectations (you're automatically a bag of hope), the freezing condition of loneliness (physical & emotional), the state of hyper-sensitivity (being extra careful in one's dealings especially with non-'bloodly'-related females) to the compulsory religious path (if you've got religious parents).
Just consider yourself as always a child even when it's obvious you're a grown a$$ man.
Hmmm, e hard o!!!
Re: Being The Only Male Or Female Child: How Does It Feel Like? by Stevostical(m): 11:31pm On Jan 04, 2013
Am d only son and last born with six elder sisters! Stay in an extended family house, my dad is late 2 compound matters so am seen as my mum husband, can u imagine! Evry of my 3 immediate elda sis wants me 2 follow dem wen going out, advice dem on boyfrnd issues( u go fear advicer) and on certain decision. But due to my cool headedness am always bin used as a reference point 2 my cousins by their parents. One of d adv i lyk d most is dat i can easily wine dem to said me money yl at sch as dey always want my happiness nd success. On a last note so much is xpectd 4rm me 4rm both my nuclear nd extended family.
Re: Being The Only Male Or Female Child: How Does It Feel Like? by tam4zeb: 11:51pm On Jan 04, 2013
i feel lonely sometimes at home, being the only girl. And most time when i go out and see the females walking together, i will be wishing that assuming i was having a sister that i will be strolling out with
Re: Being The Only Male Or Female Child: How Does It Feel Like? by PrinceNN(m): 12:26am On Jan 05, 2013
Its sad and boring ...have to always rely on friends to play video games with me tongue
Tho I cnt seem to remember what a "chore" is undecided have 4 sisters for dat cool
Re: Being The Only Male Or Female Child: How Does It Feel Like? by kaze4blues(m): 2:23am On Jan 05, 2013
Shaw007: I cant even start On how terribLe it is!!!

No one sees things from the maLe perspective,i'm always wrong and ders no big bro 2 back me Up

Not 2 mention,clothes!! Sistas share cLothes sometimes and it just hurts i cant do the same

No one to fight with!!

but LOok at the bright side(and a very tiny one it is) I'v always been different!! And i Like different,

I Like.......

So on point...esp sharin d gist abt a new gal u jst met.
U gotta keep all 2 ursef
Re: Being The Only Male Or Female Child: How Does It Feel Like? by Ivyluvie: 7:14am On Jan 05, 2013
M d only gurl and last child(just me nd my snr bro)smtyms i do wish i had a sis(snr or junior)i can jst picture aw interestn nd fun it ll b to av tnz in common wit ma sis,share my rum wit her(gosh!!!)bt back to reality.i get to do all d house chores,cos my mum nt always at hme.i do get jealous wen i c my fwends wit their younger sis.bt my bro z nt a boring soul.we do get along like agemate,and with dat i'm greatful.*sigh* *smile*
Re: Being The Only Male Or Female Child: How Does It Feel Like? by sunnshyn(f): 8:49am On Jan 05, 2013
Ho-ho-ho...story of my life!!

Well, I'm the only girl four. Got one elder bro and 2 younger bros...wasn't tough for me, only I became a woman/mother very early. I started cooking at age 9 when the last maid left. I was responsible for chore-sharing and enforcement, making sure my kid bros were back in time for supper, made sure they had clean-ironed uniformes for sch d next day. I wouldn't sleep until everyone was home.. Total welfare of my bros fell on me at a very young age. I didn't know if I was supposed to dislike/hate it at the time, cos I was made to believe that's how all girls behave.

Anyways, beside the boredom which left me shy, it was fun growing up! It has made me a strong, confident but shy independent woman...and am I glad!
Re: Being The Only Male Or Female Child: How Does It Feel Like? by plantation(m): 3:38pm On Jan 05, 2013
Me and my Sistas... It kinda feels odd and lonely for me.

Re: Being The Only Male Or Female Child: How Does It Feel Like? by kaze4blues(m): 4:50pm On Jan 05, 2013
plantation: Me and my Sistas... It kinda feels odd and lonely for me.

Iwo nikan laarin babe meta.......
Re: Being The Only Male Or Female Child: How Does It Feel Like? by Skmoda360(m): 8:40pm On Jan 05, 2013
In a family of Three where I'm the only boy, I never felt lonely cuz my cousins is always around.
Re: Being The Only Male Or Female Child: How Does It Feel Like? by kaze4blues(m): 9:19pm On Jan 05, 2013
Skmoda-360:
In a family of Three where I'm the only boy, I never felt lonely cuz my cousins is always around.

Dt really makes thns easy for u....
Re: Being The Only Male Or Female Child: How Does It Feel Like? by Jaykizz(m): 11:05pm On Jan 05, 2013
being the only guy wasn't much fuss 4 me. It made me explore on ma own n made me rily learn au to do tinz on ma own. It is fun.
Re: Being The Only Male Or Female Child: How Does It Feel Like? by kaze4blues(m): 7:14am On Jan 06, 2013
Jaykizz: being the only guy wasn't much fuss 4 me. It made me explore on ma own n made me rily learn au to do tinz on ma own. It is fun.

Dts gud for u

1 Like

Re: Being The Only Male Or Female Child: How Does It Feel Like? by kaziblake(f): 5:19pm On Aug 05, 2016
obitee69:
I'm d only son of an igbo man. Hmm its fun being an only son cos ul b pampered tho,especially frm mum. Iv changed like 3cars courtsy of my pupsy. But d major p is dey still look at u as a baby. U can imagine ur parents callin by 7pm dat its gettin late lol. I had a brief illness in london 2yrs ago and my parents were so worried and in tears everyday. Wen I came home dey lost soo much weight.*sad face* I was called 5times a day until I stopped pickin dere calls and had to warn dem 2 call me only 2wice a week. Now, I'm 25 and mum is on my neck to get married b4 d end of 2013. Lmao
And you are not still married?
Re: Being The Only Male Or Female Child: How Does It Feel Like? by Albertone(m): 11:53pm On Jan 20, 2022
Shaw007:
I cant even start On how terribLe it is!!!

No one to fight with!!

I Like.......

I can relate 100%.
I'm the last born too and I don't even have friends.It's annoying how I still live with them cos I'm pretty much young.
Once I start making money,I disappear!!!
Re: Being The Only Male Or Female Child: How Does It Feel Like? by Shaw007(m): 3:32pm On Jan 28, 2022
Albertone:

I can relate 100%.
I'm the last born too and I don't even have friends.It's annoying how I still live with them cos I'm pretty much young.
Once I start making money,I disappear!!!
Lol brother, I wrote that in 2013, that’s 9 years ago, I’ve learnt a lot in that time and grown too. What I’ll tell you is that it gets better, by a lot, right now I see my family like once a year because of work and life basically , and I wish I had more time to spend with them, I wish I had cherished the time I did have to spend with them, it’s all love bro, you might not see it yet, but you will, I promise.
Re: Being The Only Male Or Female Child: How Does It Feel Like? by Albertone(m): 8:53pm On Jan 29, 2022
Shaw007:
Lol brother, I wrote that in 2013, that’s 9 years ago, I’ve learnt a lot in that time and grown too. What I’ll tell you is that it gets better, by a lot, right now I see my family like once a year because of work and life basically , and I wish I had more time to spend with them, I wish I had cherished the time I did have to spend with them, it’s all love bro, you might not see it yet, but you will, I promise.

Hmm thank you sir!

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Married Women Vs Single Ladies Vs Single Men / Anything Wrong With Allowing My Wife To See A Male Gynecologist / I Dont Know Wat To Think Of My Girlfriend ADVICE NEEDED (pic Evidence)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.