Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,236 members, 7,839,248 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 03:39 PM

Why Did I Get Married? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Did I Get Married? (881 Views)

Why Did You Leave Your Ex? Share Your Experience. / What Sort Of Devilish Wife Did I Marry? / Is Dating Someone For 1 Year Too Soon To Get Married? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Did I Get Married? by marvelck: 7:58am On Jan 04, 2013
Why do men, women and people generally get married knowing they'd still cheat on their partners later. It's an issue of great concern, cos of the way people crave so much about getting married. Is it cos of the status, or just to put on a wedding ring that has made it a must for most men and women, especially ladies. and despite the love professed and the vows exchanged at the altar between couples, many of them still end up cheating on their partners. Rubbishing the vows made on their wedding day.
It seems cheating has now been embedded into the institution called marriage. cos it's now becoming very rampant among most couples these days. it's now like a trend in our society. As many married men and women are now getting involved in extra-marital affairs without batting an eye. doing it without the fear of God, and the calamities that's likely to come upon them later. Cos, before it was more common with married men only, but nowadays even married women dont want to be left out. Alot of them have joined the bandwagon. And seeing how married men and women cheat on each other, I begin to wonder why did he or she get married in the first place, if he or she would still be cheating on his or her partner. or did they get married just to have a wife to bear kids and take care of the home for them, while he goes about philandering with other women, or is it just to bear the tag 'Married', or have a man put a ring on her finger, and still be flirting/frolicking and sleeping with other men...Abomination! Eyen ndi madu nemee these days, ona tu mu jo. Awon eda le pa eyan with their cheating habit (meaning, the rate some people/married couples are cheating on each other these days is becoming so alarming)...
Just like the American movie 'Why did I get Married' by Tyler Perry, a movie about Eight married friends, who were thought to be happy and fulfilled in their marriage, not knowing that each couple had lots of issues and challenges to contend with in their various homes. ranging from commitment, betrayer, drifting apart, finding love in the arms of another man or woman, losing interest in one's marriage, looking for an escape route, cheating on his/her partner, family planning, as well as having doubts. But at the end of the movie, we were made to realize the positive impact FIDELITY and LOVE could have upon the constitution of marriage. And when some see what others are going through in their marriage, they might be reluctant to get married. Forgetting that just like there's no man without challenges in his or her life, so also is the issue of marriage. cos there's none with a perfect marriage. It's only left for a couple to learn and know how to weather the storm together, protect their love and also be able to tackle/resolve their differences amicably, that's what makes a marriage to stand the test of time!
Re: Why Did I Get Married? by dmcdad: 10:06am On Jan 04, 2013
Sometimes, when I get to ponder on this, it scares the shi*t out of me.... I have been praying to God that, instead of me to encounter a cheating partner, it is better I remain single forever, and I hope with great assurance in my heart, that God will hearken to my plea and grant me my inner-most heart desire when it comes to living the married life... It is something I will NEVER condone in my marriage...
Re: Why Did I Get Married? by olumaxi(m): 1:01pm On Jan 04, 2013
dmcdad: Sometimes, when I get to ponder on this, it scares the shit out of me.... I have been praying to God that, instead of me to encounter a cheating partner, it is better I remain single forever, and I hope with great assurance in my heart, that God will hearken to my plea and grant me my inner-most heart desire when it comes to living the married life... It is something I will NEVER condone in my marriage...
if u cant trust ursef..u cant trust any1 else..
Re: Why Did I Get Married? by dmcdad: 1:04pm On Jan 04, 2013
olumaxi: if u cant trust ursef..u cant trust any1 else..

That is trash... Trust is to be earned, okay? You can't just trust because they say you have to trust someone. Are you saying with all that is happening now, people's trust are not being betrayed??
Re: Why Did I Get Married? by Nobody: 1:32pm On Jan 04, 2013
Are you asking me why you got married? Like, seriously?
Re: Why Did I Get Married? by Beync(f): 1:40pm On Jan 04, 2013
did you tell me you were getting married?
Re: Why Did I Get Married? by apache77(m): 3:25pm On Jan 04, 2013
Hw can u be sleeping wit one woman foreva? Ah ah..am about getting married n I love. My girl, ders no other girl I'l rather marry but ofcourse am gon rock Other puzzies too. Even now sef am goin to meet one tho my girl is in d kitchen.it doesn't mean I love her less nor does it mean am gon exchange her for any one else in d world
Re: Why Did I Get Married? by Beync(f): 3:30pm On Jan 04, 2013
SMH
Re: Why Did I Get Married? by dmcdad: 4:12pm On Jan 04, 2013
apache77: Hw can u be sleeping wit one woman foreva? Ah ah..am about getting married n I love. My girl, ders no other girl I'l rather marry but ofcourse am gon rock Other puzzies too. Even now sef am goin to meet one tho my girl is in d kitchen.it doesn't mean I love her less nor does it mean am gon exchange her for any one else in d world
Re: Why Did I Get Married? by Abbey2sam(m): 5:23pm On Jan 04, 2013
They last time I checked it was a title of a movie directed by tyler perry and starring janet jackson.

Need more

(1) (Reply)

15 Tips For Talking To Women And Getting Their Attentions! / Does The Past Matter In A Relationship Leading To Marriage / "My Uncle Rap3d Me For 10 Years" - Woman Finally Speaks Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.