Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,449 members, 7,770,118 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 04:09 AM

The Longest Road Trip You've Driven? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / The Longest Road Trip You've Driven? (36894 Views)

What's The Oldest Car You've Driven / Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. / My Road Trip From Lagos To Ibadan. Pictures! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Longest Road Trip You've Driven? by Piyke: 10:37am On Jan 04, 2013
Trip: Enugu-Gombe ( and return several times)

Distance: 589miles (one way)

Duration: 12-13hrs

Route: Enugu-Kogi-Benue-Nasarawa-Jos-Bauchi-Gombe.
Alternate route: Enugu-Kogi-Benue-Taraba-Yola-Gombe.

These trips were during my nysc in 2011. I used Google maps during most times and was suprised on how accurate it was for use in Nigeria.

Feel free to adjust the format as you deem fit. It's just a thread for fun.

2 Likes

Re: The Longest Road Trip You've Driven? by NnamdiN: 11:52am On Jan 04, 2013
Uyo to Ikot Ekpene(about 45minutes) grin that's the farthest my over-protective dad can allow. When I have my own ride, I intend to try uyo to Anambra

4 Likes

Re: The Longest Road Trip You've Driven? by Piyke: 1:01pm On Jan 04, 2013
NnamdiN: Uyo to Ikot Ekpene(about 45minutes) grin that's the farthest my over-protective dad can allow. When I have my own ride, I intend to try uyo to Anambra

Funny enough if not for nysc I wouldn't have dreamt of driving that long cause prior to that the farthest I had driven was enugu-onithsa and back the same day.

nysc made me master long distance driving smiley

1 Like

Re: The Longest Road Trip You've Driven? by symbianDON(m): 1:12pm On Jan 04, 2013
farthest distance i have driven is cotonou (republic of benin) through niger republic into nigeria through kwamba(sokoto state) down to abuja via gusau (zamfara), funtua(katsina state), zaria, kaduna (kaduna state). Extremely long and tedious route but fun!!! Car driven was a 2001 accord.

2 Likes

Re: The Longest Road Trip You've Driven? by Piyke: 1:22pm On Jan 04, 2013
symbianDON: farthest distance i have driven is cotonou (republic of benin) through niger republic into nigeria through kwamba(sokoto state) down to abuja via gusau (zamfara), funtua(katsina state), zaria, kaduna (kaduna state). Extremely long and tedious route but fun!!! Car driven was a 2001 accord.

How long did it take? was it in one day?
Re: The Longest Road Trip You've Driven? by 18wheeler: 3:28pm On Jan 04, 2013
Trip: QuaanPan LG,Plateau state- Shinkafi,zamfara state.
Route: Q'pan-pankshin-mangu-jos(Plateau)-saminaka-zaria-funtua(kaduna)-gusau-kaura namoda-shinkafi(zamfara).
Duration: 14hrs
Distance: 531miles
Was resuming work after easter celebration in 2009.

1 Like

Re: The Longest Road Trip You've Driven? by abdulkadir(m): 4:48pm On Jan 04, 2013
18wheeler: Trip: QuaanPan LG,Plateau state- Shinkafi,zamfara state.
Route: Q'pan-pankshin-mangu-jos(Plateau)-saminaka-zaria-funtua(kaduna)-gusau-kaura namoda-shinkafi(zamfara).
Duration: 14hrs
Distance: 531miles
Was resuming work after easter celebration in 2009.

hooo! First tym i'm meeting a kwalla since my service yr.
danuwa u try oh. D first tym i went to QP frm jos it was like eternity, like 4hrs with all d curves and hils. Definately a long trip u had.
Jos to zaria was so bad, Dre were more pot holes dan d road itself. Jos kano was better but i'll rather do jos bauchi-dutse- kano much longer but a road exists.
the last tym i did jos -kano in august 2010 i lost a tyre nd 2 rims.
such a bad road.
Re: The Longest Road Trip You've Driven? by Wallie(m): 10:11pm On Jan 04, 2013
Just came back a couple of days ago from a trip up north

Maryland -> Delaware -> New Jersey -> New York -> Connecticut -> Massachusetts -> New Hampshire -> Vermont -> Montreal QC -> Trois Rivieres QC

850 miles (1368 km) one way which is about 14 hours with no traffic but it probably took me about 17 hours to get back due to heavy snowfall in parts of Canada and Vermont.

I'm sure there are people that will easily beat the 850 mile distance as I know some people drive from the West Coast to the East Coast (2800 miles – 40 hours no traffic). I intend on trying it someday!

9 Likes

Re: The Longest Road Trip You've Driven? by wewe1(m): 5:13am On Jan 05, 2013
Lagos To Abuja
About 470 miles (750km)
Route. Lagos-Ibadan-Akure-Okene- Lokoja -Abuja
About 10 hours In 2003 Honda Accord Coupe

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Longest Road Trip You've Driven? by symbianDON(m): 7:53am On Jan 05, 2013
grin
Piyke:

How long did it take? was it in one day?
i drove 17hrs from cotonou to niger republic with no major stops. Upon getting to niger republic i had to do some paper work which took some hours thereafter i drove 14hrs to abuja!!! In all the car was fit as a fiddle on getting to abuja. It was an experience i tell you.

2 Likes

Re: The Longest Road Trip You've Driven? by Piyke: 11:32am On Jan 05, 2013
symbianDON: grin
i drove 17hrs from cotonou to niger republic with no major stops. Upon getting to niger republic i had to do some paper work which took some hours thereafter i drove 14hrs to abuja!!! In all the car was fit as a fiddle on getting to abuja. It was an experience i tell you.

It's always nice travelling with a solid car. I've really enjoyed my 03' Accord in long distance road trips
Re: The Longest Road Trip You've Driven? by DaddyGngeess(m): 7:03am On Jan 06, 2013
From vienna austria to madrid spain, I even missed my way and drove into Portugal b4 I drove back to madrid, oh it was a very long drive almost two days drive!!!

4 Likes

Re: The Longest Road Trip You've Driven? by proo212(m): 8:02pm On Jan 06, 2013
Munich to Copenhagen for the weekend...983km
Munich to Bradford for the weekend ...1472km
Munich to Leipzig to Fürth to Munich in one day 1006km

A lot of these trips were flat out on the Autobahns....

Wow, Cotonou to Niger Republic would be an adventure. Would love to take such a trip in Africa....
Re: The Longest Road Trip You've Driven? by Nobody: 11:23am On Aug 13, 2013
All these guys doing long distances with Honda, una get mind o! You no fear say the front tire fit pull off?

2 Likes

Re: The Longest Road Trip You've Driven? by Gee2728(m): 1:23pm On Aug 13, 2013
Kaduna to maiduguri
Drive my C230 kompressor often while I had a project there. Soon will be taking my wife back to school.
Its about 450miles
Its about 9hrs trip
Kaduna-kano-jigawa-azare(bauchi)-damaturu-maiduguri.

1 Like

Re: The Longest Road Trip You've Driven? by Uzzie: 10:15pm On Aug 13, 2013
port-harcourt to illorin and back
08 Camry SE
9hrs+
around 430miles (one way)
portharcourt-benin-owo-ado ekiti-illorin

i used one gps device i bought from nissparts.

my back still aches...LOL
Re: The Longest Road Trip You've Driven? by Nobody: 10:52pm On Aug 13, 2013
Los Angeles to Dallas, 3,000 miles, 24 hours non stop each way.

Probably did about 6 of those trips.

1 Like

Re: The Longest Road Trip You've Driven? by lonelydora: 10:18am On Aug 14, 2013
Port Harcourt to Kebbi.... Route: Ph-Benin-Abuja-Minna-Kontangora-Kebbi. In my 2003 V6 Accord. Was doing a minimum of 140km/hr. Left Ph around 5am and got to Kebbi around 11pm. Only God saved us that day.

1 Like

Re: The Longest Road Trip You've Driven? by redcliff: 12:01pm On Aug 14, 2013
[size=14pt]Strong men. I hail thee. The day I drove from Lagos to Babcock (Ilishan Remo-ogun State). That's probably 80km or so. I slept for two days as my back ache did not go for another 2weeks. Lmao![/size]

6 Likes

Re: The Longest Road Trip You've Driven? by lonelydora: 12:47pm On Aug 14, 2013
redcliff: [size=14pt]Strong men. I hail thee. The day I drove from Lagos to Babcock (Ilishan Remo-ogun State). That's probably 80km or so. I slept for two days as my back ache did not go for another 2weeks. Lmao![/size]
You funny o!
Re: The Longest Road Trip You've Driven? by aaidel(m): 8:20pm On Aug 14, 2013
Lagos to illorin: Lagos-Ibadan-oyo-illorin going took about 8hrs but coming back was a lot quicker car was a 2010 toyota corolla
Re: The Longest Road Trip You've Driven? by peterjero(m): 8:40pm On Aug 14, 2013
n.oxide:
All these guys doing long distances with Honda, una get mind o! You no fear say the front tire fit pull off?
I almost said that too but, maybe they did something to their suspension.
Re: The Longest Road Trip You've Driven? by redcliff: 10:00pm On Aug 14, 2013
lonelydora:
You funny o!

grin grin grin
Re: The Longest Road Trip You've Driven? by erico2k2(m): 10:00pm On Aug 14, 2013
London to Dundee,7hrs 30 mins 760KMs on a perfect rd
Re: The Longest Road Trip You've Driven? by lonelydora: 10:08pm On Aug 14, 2013
n.oxide:
When you do proper maintenance to ur car as required, u don't need to be afraid. Honda is always a reliable car for me, I don't know about you.

3 Likes

Re: The Longest Road Trip You've Driven? by wwwkaycom(m): 10:56pm On Aug 14, 2013
Lagos to Akure in my 1997 Honda Accord Wagon (now sold). That wagon is a machine men, The 312km took me 3.5hours, no thanks to the poor state of Sagamu-Ore expressway. That was my longest trip ever while driving myself. I love cars but hate driving long distances, I always lose interest in driving anytime I got over 150km.
Re: The Longest Road Trip You've Driven? by Lagusta(m): 8:17am On Aug 15, 2013
aaidel: Lagos to illorin: Lagos-Ibadan-oyo-illorin going took about 8hrs but coming back was a lot quicker car was a 2010 toyota corolla

I have also driven Lagos to ilorin, but it was alot quicker, maybe because it was a Sunday and those silly trailer drivers weren't in control then......

DISTANCE: about 450km

ROUTE: lagos-ibadan-oyo-ogbomosho-ilorin

CAR: 2003 honda 0ddysey (drove my uncle, he cant drive long distances)

wish i could drive more......
Re: The Longest Road Trip You've Driven? by 18wheeler: 11:01am On Aug 16, 2013
abdulkadir:

hooo! First tym i'm meeting a kwalla since my service yr.
danuwa u try oh. D first tym i went to QP frm jos it was like eternity, like 4hrs with all d curves and hils. Definately a long trip u had.
Jos to zaria was so bad, Dre were more pot holes dan d road itself. Jos kano was better but i'll rather do jos bauchi-dutse- kano much longer but a road exists.
the last tym i did jos -kano in august 2010 i lost a tyre nd 2 rims.
such a bad road.
You really tried those days. The roads are good now though. I use less than 2 hrs to go from Jos to Kwalla. All those dusty roads have been tarred. If you know Chip, theres a road before that town straight to Kwalla. less than 20mins drive
Re: The Longest Road Trip You've Driven? by 18wheeler: 11:06am On Aug 16, 2013
I plan to drive my car (honda accord 1999EX) from Jos to Maiduguri at the end of this month. A journey of about 7 hours normally. but with the numerous security check points I'm estimating between 9 and 11 hours. Will update after I complete the Trip.

1 Like

Re: The Longest Road Trip You've Driven? by Oluabayomi1(m): 7:02pm On Aug 16, 2013
Mine ìs Kano-Iyah Gbédé(kogi). a journey of 700km(6hrs 45mins). I used a golf 3 car in 2011 Dec
Re: The Longest Road Trip You've Driven? by santakris(m): 9:49pm On Aug 16, 2013
aaidel: Lagos to illorin: Lagos-Ibadan-oyo-illorin going took about 8hrs but coming back was a lot quicker car was a 2010 toyota corolla

it took me 5hrs to cover same route with my mazda protege 98 model.
Re: The Longest Road Trip You've Driven? by komekn(m): 6:16pm On Aug 17, 2013
From Fulda,Germany to Liverpool, England, about 750 miles took a few detours stopping over in Brussels and London so it was more like 800 miles, left Fulda at about 9.00am got to Liverpool 13.00am, waited for a couple of hours in Oostend Belguim before catching the Catamaran (Ferry) to Dover approx two hours on the sea.

Car very bumpy lowered sports suspension 20in wheels on a trusted Toyota 4 runner v6, don't think i got more than 180km max on the autobahn.

Next trip London to Warri any takers grin grin grin

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Nigeria's 1st Auto Race Track Construction Begins! / Vehicle Is Burning On 3rd Mainland Bridge (photos) / Ifeanyichukwu Hezekiah, Ugwu Stephen, Amalum Chikamso's Locally Made Car

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.